SELECT CONTENT

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by ironcat Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 am

Until we find out exactly how much was producer-manipulated/encouraged, AND how obsessed Ashley really was with Bentley (and for how long) vs how much was just edited to look that way, I'm not going to join in the bashing of her. I think it's pretty obvious to everybody that this was the storyline for the season (and the producers went too far with it), and we have seen actual evidence of CH "fanning the fire" despite his claims of doing the opposite.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by sjcaligurl Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 am

ironcat wrote:Until we find out exactly how much was producer-manipulated/encouraged, AND how obsessed Ashley really was with Bentley (and for how long) vs how much was just edited to look that way, I'm not going to join in the bashing of her. I think it's pretty obvious to everybody that this was the storyline for the season (and the producers went too far with it), and we have seen actual evidence of CH "fanning the fire" despite his claims of doing the opposite.

Ditto! It's just not adding up to me!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:24 am

ironcat wrote:Until we find out exactly how much was producer-manipulated/encouraged, AND how obsessed Ashley really was with Bentley (and for how long) vs how much was just edited to look that way, I'm not going to join in the bashing of her. I think it's pretty obvious to everybody that this was the storyline for the season (and the producers went too far with it), and we have seen actual evidence of CH "fanning the fire" despite his claims of doing the opposite.

Hey ironcat...just want to say that I was not intentionally bashing Ashley...just restating what the unspoiled group at work has been saying in an effort to share their perspective and how this could be impacting the franchise.

The analogy about swimming was supposed to be my attempt at humor to lighten things up...:awesome:

Yes, it is clear to those of us who know how TPTB work that Bentley is the storyline for the season, unfortunately. no no
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:36 am

I think Bentley was producer driven to last until episode 6 when they can bring him back- I can almost bet she was over him by Phuket. She just needed the closure to know for sure that she was in fact over him without feeling like she was cheating on her F1 chosen. JMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

Beeleever wrote:

Hey ironcat...just want to say that I was not intentionally bashing Ashley...just restating what the unspoiled group at work has been saying in an effort to share their perspective and how this could be impacting the franchise.

The analogy about swimming was supposed to be my attempt at humor to lighten things up...:awesome:

Yes, it is clear to those of us who know how TPTB work that Bentley is the storyline for the season, unfortunately. no no

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your post (or any post in particular, that's why I didn't quote any, although there is some bashing of her going on here, which of course is everyone's right to do if they so choose). As someone who started out not caring one way or the other about Ashley, my heart is now going out to her because the producers just won't give her a break, and the average fan is beating up on her with a vengeance. Yes, she certainly was naive about Bentley (and the producers), as are many women in real life about deceitful but charming men, but I seriously doubt it was as bad as they are making it seem, not to mention, we know that much of the stupid behavior and bad judgment people exhibit on this show is induced by the "brainwashing". And on top of everything else, the poor girl is not even allowed to defend herself yet. :Frown:

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 am

It saddens me that women are Ashley's worst critics and bashers. Why couldn't these women bashers have more compassion and empathy when Ashley made a bad decision and allowed herself to fall in love w no good Bentley?Ashley was clearly set up by TPTB for this heartache,because B was very vocal about his dislike for Ashley in the screening of contestants. I know Ashley was warned by Michelle, but I am speculating that Ashley knew that M is friends w the ex-wife ,therefore did not take the warning seriously since it may not be impartial.I also believe and admire Ashley's attitude of giving a person a benefit of the doubt and see the good in them.Unfortunately, Bentley was an evil,heartless con artist who seduced Ashley purposedly to prove his manhood and brag to the world that he conned everyone. Ashley was a pawn and a victim of TPTB manipulation for the sake of ratings. I was disappointed with Ashley while sitting in my couch watching the events unfold but I understood and felt sorry for her and wished someone was there to hug her when she completely fell apart after Bentley left.

I could not fault Ashley for pining for B because she did develop such strong feelings, more of physical attraction for him ,but had she known the truth about his real motives,she would have no trouble snapping out of her Bentley infatuation and moved on quickly.
I have had friends who were so blinded by love for bad guys they refused to see and believe the truth and were in denial until the rubber hit the road. I did not believe Ashley was this type of girl,she was too smart and level headed and I had no doubt she would have dumped Bentley ASAP if she knew the truth.

I am happy that Ashley was able to move past Bentley, which we will see in Episode 6 and want to see her truly fall in love with a great guy,my guess is JP.I hope to see a real happy ending for this couple.

Last edited by bing2262 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am

I don't think Ashley was anymore in love with Bentley, than I am...I think it was all played up like they do any other season....Yes, it's hard to read/hear other women bash/trash other women so harshly but I guess Ashley signed up for it.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueloveforever Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 pm

luvlady345 wrote:I don't think Ashley was anymore in love with Bentley, than I am...I think it was all played up like they do any other season....Yes, it's hard to read/hear other women bash/trash other women so harshly but I guess Ashley signed up for it.....

Yeah I think the lead gets bashed every season no matter who it is, and I remember it was pretty bad when RS said Ali was single when she had two great guys in the finale, and turns out he was wrong and everyone loved her at the end :giggle: I can see everyone loving Ash at the end for picking JP cause he's one of the fan favorites now and people will forgive her for the Bentley fiasco.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends."
Trueloveforever
Trueloveforever

Female Posts : 3064

https://www.youtube.com/truelove4every1

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm

And I think we have to remember that most unspoiled people think that this show is real. While those of us on the board know parts are real, we also know that it is scripted. They splice together snippets from hundreds of hours of footage to create a show. I'm going to quote Chris Harrison from my EW magazine as a reminder of this...

There is no contract that states you must do this, but it's kind of an understanding. The Bachelor or Bachelorette gets that we are also doing a TV show in that we really want to allude to things and be able to misdirect.

How much did Ashley know? Only her hairdresser knows for sure... :gotcha:
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Trueloveforever wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:I don't think Ashley was anymore in love with Bentley, than I am...I think it was all played up like they do any other season....Yes, it's hard to read/hear other women bash/trash other women so harshly but I guess Ashley signed up for it.....

Yeah I think the lead gets bashed every season no matter who it is, and I remember it was pretty bad when RS said Ali was single when she had two great guys in the finale, and turns out he was wrong and everyone loved her at the end :giggle: I can see everyone loving Ash at the end for picking JP cause he's one of the fan favorites now and people will forgive her for the Bentley fiasco.

I agree! The lead bachelorettes do have a hard time every season no matter who is chosen. Ali let Chris go before the final rose ceremony and my respect for her went up several notches afterwards. He thanked her for doing so at the ATFR. It was very nice to see and I want to see all the leads do the same. Wishful thinking, huh?

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Gina wrote:Well, who would have thought that Mike Fleiss, Robert Mills, Elan, Peter, Kari and Cassie would all be tweeting about the show and tweeting pictures from production, while the show is airing? And Chris H. tweeting about future episodes description? Never happened before, either. :D

Me thinks the TPTB are in a very hot 'hot seat' with the public over the B-word farce, and they know it....trying to pacify their much needed fans!
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Alanna wrote:HAHA, Alex! With your description, I imagine him coming out at ATFR totally snockered in a stained wife-beater, grabbing at Ashley and slurring 'c'mere little girl.'

Alanna..you are one of kind....you're humor keeps me sane!
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

+66
noobsleuth
jello1592
umngirl
marloon
LuvnIt