SELECT CONTENT

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Jeepers wrote: Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Thread #1
 by Alexxxx Yesterday at 10:13 pm

albean99 wrote:
Just watched Ashley's time with JP and thought she looked distracted. Maybe not by Bentley but Ben?

I like Ames, Ben F, Mickey, and maybe am coming back around to Ryan but am not feeling this season at all. Maybe it's because I'm bored by Ashley and the whole B-word fiasco. If there's a love story, I'm missing it so far but if there is one, I think it's a stretch to say it's for sure JP no matter what the spoilers.

Spoilers are a very funny thing. We have two independent sources now saying JP is F1. But, one of those sources started out saying Ben is F1. I don't know if it's a language thing, or a misunderstanding of the show concept, or what, but for some reason he flipped. I think we can throw him out as reliable. That leaves us with RS, who has had the F1 wrong the last two seasons. I'm not feeling comfortable assuming anything yet.

Alexxx

ALEXXX I have to agree with you on this. We actually have only source d
Who is somewhat reliable at best who has not changed gears and is sticki g to his guns so far

I have to say that as much as I like Ben and JP, I find it very interesting with all the JP love that no one has mentioned what he said in a couple of his PIs tonight. He basically said that there is NO competition for him and he has this in the bag.

Seriously an F1 comment???

And the sitting on his lap scene... Yup she follows direction very well up to the point where she slides off and then is sitting leaning back away from him, leaning on her hands, basically out of reach in some ways. It definitely was not JPs episode to shine

The date, the part that we were shown with Ben, did not appear to be hot and heavy, but in their defense, it was definitely sweet and charming. As much as Ben wants to break down his walls, he is having a very difficult time doing so. We did find out ALOT about him tho during that date as well. He is a very intelligent and well spoken guy, fun aNd funny as well. We here know that there was ALOT more to that date as well.

Have to argue a bit about the well-spoken part. Ben used the dreaded "I's" word. He is prepositionally challenged, just like many of the others (not JP though, his grammar's been perfect so far. yes )

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Jeepers Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Uummm I certainly don't pass judgement on the grammar skills of any one that I know. You missed the point tho.

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 pm

that 'Ashley and I's relationship' has been used so many times (well, not with Ash, but with other leads) it's been so overused it really points to how scripted this shit is.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:40 pm

anders wrote:that 'Ashley and I's relationship' has been used so many times (well, not with Ash, but with other leads) it's been so overused it really points to how scripted this shit is.

true and yet we still watch the scripted shit. LOL I"m not even sure why I continue watching it as I'm kind of bored with the whole Bentley thing.. Just move on and let me see some substantial stories coming out of this.. I think something's starting with Ben F along with Ames. I'm enjoying watching every little story this season. I think it's because in some ways it's a little entertaining & I no longer watch for the love story. if it happens, great. if not then great too I won't be too heartbroken about it. That's the reason I no longer give out a lot of insights about BLF when an ep airs as fleiss can edit and dice it along with the words of the leads and guys/gals.

Last edited by Kelad9 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Jeepers wrote:Uummm I certainly don't pass judgement on the grammar skills of any one that I know. You missed the point tho.

I didn't miss the point, I just disagree with you (it was actually kind of a joke, but I guess you missed that point). You don't like JP, and don't see his connection with Ashley, I do. It's all good.

Anders, were you saying you think TPTB actually "script" the contestants to use bad grammar? I agree that the younger generation in general (and Bachelor participants in particular) often have serious problems with proper preposition usage, and that's why we hear the same mistakes so frequently.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 pm

ironcat wrote:
Anders, were you saying you think TPTB actually "script" the contestants to use bad grammar? I agree that the younger generation in general (and Bachelor participants in particular) often have serious problems with proper preposition usage, and that's why we hear the same mistakes so frequently.

I believe they want certain statements and I believe they go as far as to start that statement for them and ask them to fill in the blanks - or maybe the whole thing is scripted. I've always believed that some of this stuff is scripted, especially PIs and VOs. Ashley's VO as she was walking down the stairs and leaving empty handed sounded very very scripted. Didn't Brad say the same thing?

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 pm

ironcat wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Uummm I certainly don't pass judgement on the grammar skills of any one that I know. You missed the point tho.

I didn't miss the point, I just disagree with you (it was actually kind of a joke, but I guess you missed that point). You don't like JP, and don't see his connection with Ashley, I do. It's all good.

Yes, my husband is forever yelling at my sons....for the you & I, vs you & me thing!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 pm

ironcat wrote:

Uumm excuse me, but I have never said any such thing about not liking JP. But as I said, you did miss the point. In the hundreds of posts regarding last nights episode, I find it interesting that there has been not one mention made of any of the negatives of his edit last night. Just pointing that out

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:52 pm

nutty1 wrote:
ironcat wrote:

Yes, my husband is forever yelling at my sons....for the you & I, vs you & me thing!

I really wish they would just give up trying to figure it out and say 'we'. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Jeepers wrote: Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Thread #1
 by Alexxxx Yesterday at 10:13 pm

albean99 wrote:
Just watched Ashley's time with JP and thought she looked distracted. Maybe not by Bentley but Ben?

I like Ames, Ben F, Mickey, and maybe am coming back around to Ryan but am not feeling this season at all. Maybe it's because I'm bored by Ashley and the whole B-word fiasco. If there's a love story, I'm missing it so far but if there is one, I think it's a stretch to say it's for sure JP no matter what the spoilers.

Spoilers are a very funny thing. We have two independent sources now saying JP is F1. But, one of those sources started out saying Ben is F1. I don't know if it's a language thing, or a misunderstanding of the show concept, or what, but for some reason he flipped. I think we can throw him out as reliable. That leaves us with RS, who has had the F1 wrong the last two seasons. I'm not feeling comfortable assuming anything yet.

Alexxx

ALEXXX I have to agree with you on this. We actually have only source Who is somewhat reliable at best who has not changed gears and is sticking to his guns so far

I have to say that as much as I like Ben and JP, I find it very interesting with all the JP love that no one has mentioned his faults last night and what he said in a couple of his PIs tonight. He basically said that there is NO competition for him and he has this in the bag.

Seriously an F1 comment???

And the sitting on his lap scene... Yup she follows direction very well up to the point where she slides off and then is sitting leaning back away from him, leaning on her hands, basically out of reach in some ways. It definitely was not JPs episode to shine

The date, the part that we were shown with Ben, did not appear to be hot and heavy, but in their defense, it was definitely sweet and charming. As much as Ben wants to break down his walls, he is having a very difficult time doing so. We did find out ALOT about him tho during that date as well. He is a very intelligent and well spoken guy, fun aNd funny as well. We here know that there was ALOT more to that date as well.

Gotta say tho that I LUV AMES lol. And agree he would be a great bachelor

I like this post. Because this season is just so unsettled. Wouldn't it be something if neither Ben nor JP was final 1??? That with the language barriers, Fijiman just got confused, and RS was once again Fleissed?! And someone like Ames or Ryan is F1??? I'd crack up, LOL!!
I am not on the JP bandwagon, but think he is a great guy. But I still say his edit is obvious. Then on the other hand, with the whole Bentley story, it may be a Bentley vs JP scenario.
And Ben....my sweet Ben....I am not saying there is no hope for him as F1, but those hopes are dwindling. I am begininning to think he may be better off not "winning". I don't know if Ashley is the right girl for him. Now like we discussed in a different thread...Shawntel....oh yea, that I could see!
Anyway, I still don't see it as a done deal, and hope the JP love doesn't get in the way of continuing to figure out what is going on.
This post was probably as confusing as this season is!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Alexxxx wrote:
nutty1 wrote:
ironcat wrote:

I really wish they would just give up trying to figure it out and say 'we'. :P

...shouldn't that be "we's"...?

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Jeepers wrote:
ironcat wrote:

Uumm excuse me, but I have never said any such thing about not liking JP. But as I said, you did miss the point. In the hundreds of posts regarding last nights episode, I find it interesting that there has been not one mention made of any of the negatives of his edit last night. Just pointing that out

That's probably because most of us didn't find his edit to be particularly negative. I thought TPTB were trying to illustrate his willingness to fight for Ashley & demonstrate where his feelings are as opposed to some of the men who are not that expressive & seem rather passive. The whole beating-Mickey-at-boxing thing was just playful competition to me. I'm sure him & Mickey had a good laugh about it. Smiley

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
deedreamer
jelle
moonchild
nd4reality
Starshine_16