SELECT CONTENT

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Bloomers Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 am

pbmax wrote:Yep! he was so in love with her that he would pick another woman and propose to her. Isn't love grand

sweetpea wrote:Meh. Jason seemed easily manipulated and let's face it, the producers of this show are masters at manipulation. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't stand Jason, but I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I have never been quite able to understand how a gown, mature, stable man could be convinced that he was in love enough when he knew he wasn't to profess love and to propose marriage to the wrong woman.
It is difficult to conceive of any conditions, short of threat to the welfare of his family, where he could be coerced into going against his nature. None of that scenario made sense.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

Bloomers wrote:
pbmax wrote:Yep! he was so in love with her that he would pick another woman and propose to her. Isn't love grand

sweetpea wrote:Meh. Jason seemed easily manipulated and let's face it, the producers of this show are masters at manipulation. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't stand Jason, but I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I have never been quite able to understand how a gown, mature, stable man could be convinced that he was in love enough when he knew he wasn't to profess love and to propose marriage to the wrong woman.
It is difficult to conceive of any conditions, short of threat to the welfare of his family, where he could be coerced into going against his nature. None of that scenario made sense.

I think Jason chose Melissa at first because she was the hot cheerleader type, one that was always out of his league when he was younger. Also, let's not forget the lines that Melissa fed him, to lead him to believe that she was somebody she reallly wasn't. Remember her first 1/1 with him and how she wanted to be a first grade teacher and spend the summers with her kids??? rotfl from that moment on I couldn't like the chick as I felt her to be a phoney that only wanted the win, and not the guy. I think once filming was over and she didn't have to impress him or the camera anymore, he saw her for who she was.. and who she wasn't ... and she was no way ready to be a step mom and move to Seattle. She had stars in her eyes at the time and wanted her 15 minutes. She's since done the DWTS gig, hosted BP and did her interview thing. She seems to be enjoying motherhood now, but at that time she just wasn't ready and Jason knew that. So IMO Jason chose the dream in Melissa, and reality when he went after Molly, which was obviously what he should have done in the first place, but I do lay some of the blame on Melissa for feeding him lines.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

northernviewer wrote:
Bloomers wrote:

I think Jason chose Melissa at first because she was the hot cheerleader type, one that was always out of his league when he was younger. Also, let's not forget the lines that Melissa fed him, to lead him to believe that she was somebody she reallly wasn't. Remember her first 1/1 with him and how she wanted to be a first grade teacher and spend the summers with her kids??? rotfl from that moment on I couldn't like the chick as I felt her to be a phoney that only wanted the win, and not the guy. I think once filming was over and she didn't have to impress him or the camera anymore, he saw her for who she was.. and who she wasn't ... and she was no way ready to be a step mom and move to Seattle. She had stars in her eyes at the time and wanted her 15 minutes. She's since done the DWTS gig, hosted BP and did her interview thing. She seems to be enjoying motherhood now, but at that time she just wasn't ready and Jason knew that. So IMO Jason chose the dream in Melissa, and reality when he went after Molly, which was obviously what he should have done in the first place, but I do lay some of the blame on Melissa for feeding him lines.

sdl was brand new to the site, and he started "investigating" the situation in the way that he did things! He contacted me, and the one of the first things he told me was that Melissa had let her apartment go, and it looked like she had moved in with Jason.
I remember writing him back and telling him that Melissa may have let her apartment go in anticipation of moving out there with Jason, but during the airing of the episodes, she wasn't allowed to live with him yet.
At any rate, sdl at uncoverered that Melissa at let her apartment go in anticipation of moving to Seattle. Just for whatever it is worth...
It may have all gone south from that point on. I wasn't there.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 am

I think Jason chose with his ego (pretty young cheerleader) rather than his head/heart, and then after the lights and cameras were off realized he and Melissa were a terrible match. She was way too young and immature for him, IMO, and nowhere near ready to be a stepmom to his son. He got lucky in the end that Molly obviously still felt something for him and allowed him to pursue her after the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 am

anders wrote:Was Deanna's visit to Jason influencial in his decision - I think not, didn't she tell him to take the risk - wouldn't the risk have been Molly? I dont' know, I really didn't understand what she was actually trying to say since she had no idea who the F2 ladies were.

I actually remember it the other way, Deanna told Jason that she took the risk (with Jesse) and should have gone with the safe pick (Jason). I also think I heard that Jason's mom preferred Melissa because Molly came off too career oriented. So both those women were pushing for Melissa. I don't doubt his mom at least felt terrible about it after the fact, but all's well that ends well.

I agree with Bloomers that Melissa may have misled Jason about who she was, but it wasn't deliberate; she just got totally brainwashed, and convinced herself she was in love with a guy who was totally wrong for her (and very different from the guy that she was trying to convince herself she wasn't still in love with, Tye). She took it so far as to get engaged, left NZ in a daze, and probably returned to Dallas all ready to move to Seattle ASAP to become a stepmom. Then she had her "what the f***have I done?" moment. Her anger at Jason over what happened also probably included subconcious anger at herself for being so foolish.

Jason went into the show on a mission to find a wife. Melissa was his "type" physically and personality-wise; "bubbly, lights up a room, everybody loves her" I believe are direct quotes from him as to what he was looking for. That fact that she seemed as into him as he was into her sealed the deal and he didn't look any further than that, so it was a very shallow relationship. What he had with Molly was apparently much deeper, and so he was totally conflicted which way to go, with what he thought he wanted (safe), or with what he never thought he wanted (risk), received 2 pushes in the wrong direction, and basically freaked out once he made his (wrong) decision. Had he been less determined to walk away engaged (and less susceptible to the producers' brainwashing), he might have had the guts to ask for a timeout. Doing what Charlie did on his season would have made it crystal clear in a week what his decision should be, but it doesn't make for good ratings, so I'm sure that option was not presented to him.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Great post, Ironcat. Makes perfect sense when you describe it. :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 pm

I think Molly is a very special woman. They never gave her a good edit, she wasn't chosen, but was still willing to pursue love with Jason and eventually take on the very hard job of being a Step-Mom. I love her for all this - and I never was invested in that season and don't know a lot about it, but I watched the last few episodes. Regardless of what happened - she is a very, very special woman. Her kids will one day see those shows and it has to hurt to know that - kind of like she was sloppy seconds. Not easy for women to get past - so I think the bottom line is that Molly truly loved/loves Jason. I wish them the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Ironcat - are you a therapist in real life? You just make SO much sense! Love to read your posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
deedreamer
jelle
moonchild
nd4reality
Starshine_16