SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 46 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Karen5354 wrote:Has this kind of campaign (IF this is indeed one) ever happened in the past?

No but you have to keep in mind that social media wasn't that big of a thing a couple of years ago... It was actually only during Emily's season that the contestants were officially allowed to be active on social networks, that was in 2012, just last year....
Sean and Des were season favorites who fit the lead role thereby social media popularity didn't matter when they were chosen as the leads...

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 46 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Jef, Sean, Emily I believe all showed big jumps in followers in a day or so also.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Juan Pablo has 12,429 followers! And Im pretty sure these are not fake accounts, his followers are probably 1/4th of Venezuela.

If Drew is consciously manipulating his twitter numbers -- that's very Jake Pavelka behavior. If he laughs while he kisses and has this phony

earnestness in ITM's, then no doubt he IS Jake Pavelka incarnate this season.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I doubt Drew did that to himself. I believe that he among all the contestants, has been the least active on all social media, hasn't he? No tweets, right? Inactive Facebook? No Instagrams..... Basically a social ghost, except for an occasional pic on family FBs. And out of the blue, he pulls a dumb stunt like this? I personally doubt it. It's easy to add thousands of Twitter followers either for yourself or to others. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by DKWillis Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:08 pm

He has as we speak 54,961 Followers just checked

DKWillis

Female Posts : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 pm

charriotoffire wrote:Juan Pablo has 12,429 followers! And Im pretty sure these are not fake accounts, his followers are probably 1/4th of Venezuela.

If Drew is consciously manipulating his twitter numbers -- that's very Jake Pavelka behavior. If he laughs while he kisses and has this phony

earnestness in ITM's, then no doubt he IS Jake Pavelka incarnate this season.

Juanpa had kept his account up...it already had 10,000 or so followers.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Bummed. I was hoping to like him but this definitely leaves a bad taste. Why the need to make yourself look fake popular - if he's that great and already appeals to many with little screen time - let the popularity happen naturally. I know a few of the DWTS pros have been accused of buying followers on some boards.

I was hoping to really like him but this plus the modelling aspirations make me a little leery. At least even if there is a Jake-esque desire to be Bachelor, Jake's level of socially awkward can't ever be matched. Hope Drew will be charming when we get some scenes with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 pm

DKWillis wrote:He has as we speak 54,961 Followers just checked

well, rumors are that the other strong contender for the Bachelor gig is Jef Holm who has over 250,000 followers....so Drew has a lot of catching up to do!

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Heck, all he has to do to get more followers is tweet some modeling pics. giggling

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:37 pm

atem wrote:Heck, all he has to do to get more followers is tweet some modeling pics. giggling

Seriously. Why did he not think of that one and be kind enough to spread the wealth around at the same time. :whistle:
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:06 am

DudeFan3 wrote:I doubt Drew did that to himself. I believe that he among all the contestants, has been the least active on all social media, hasn't he? No tweets, right? Inactive Facebook? No Instagrams..... Basically a social ghost, except for an occasional pic on family FBs. And out of the blue, he pulls a dumb stunt like this? I personally doubt it. It's easy to add thousands of Twitter followers either for yourself or to others. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just read the article, thanks. So, if a misguided someone bought all those followers for Drew-and I choose to believe this is the case, he can't "un-buy" them but has to manually block 50k plus fake followers?!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 am

This is hilarious that Drew is fake. cantstopl Are some of these guys fake, yes they are but the least fake of all is Drew.

He has not tweeted. His last tweet was before he left to do the filming. Talk about trying to get his name and face out there. no no
I also find it VERY interesting of the guys who he is NOT following. :yes:

Has anyone thought that maybe TPTB want him as the next bachelor and they had a hand in this.

I happen to like Drew, he reminds me of another upstanding young man that came on the show with the best intentions.

I have watched enough seasons to know that usually the best guy/gal does not always "win", but they do so after the show has finished filming. :yes:

I also know that many times the one that finishes first was not the guy/gal with the best intentions either but then I am not telling you anything that those of us that are veterans of watching this show don't already know. :yes:

Last edited by Brill on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

+58
Piper61
DMBFan
nd4reality
fatiOz
Jaybird