SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 31 of 53 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by bilolo Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Ironcat i love you bowdown
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by moonchild Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Kelad9 wrote:
gurlbrit wrote:
allykat wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:JP did tell the guys before Ben F came back that he simply wasn't going to be talking about it if they chose to start a conversation with Ben about what he did. If anything I blame Lucas and Constantine for not being considerate because they were deliberately trying to rile JP by starting that conversation. I think it was mature of him to realise that and walk away from it even thou he might have been shooting daggers at Ben & I think Ben picked up on that fact that he wasn't happy and that's why he said no comments. I think Ben F and JP were probably the most 2 mature guys with that conversation.

HAHA! Poor JP, the other guys made him throw a hissy fit! Sorry, couldn’t help the snark. :giggle:

JP is responsible for his own behavior. He’s an adult. The other guys are friends with Ben, they’ve commented on the connection with Ben and Ashley, and they were curious about the date. I would have asked him about it too! It’s not their fault that JP was being a baby and stomped off to pout. If I had to guess, I bet JP was embarrassed by his behavior when he watched the show on Monday. I would have been if I were him. JMO of course.

IMO his vlog last week was put out because TPTB knew that they were going to show him in immature moment(s) and JP mentioned in that vlog that he had insecurities too, he admitted to them and owned them. I agree that he should have just "shut up and colored" and that he is responsible for his behavior, btw I think all of the guys are friends and that the ribbing from Constantine and all of them is just guys doing what guys do best.

I'm sure he's embarrassed by what TPTB showed and he probably is suffering ribbing and ragging at work because of his temper tantrum.

Kiptyn had it right, if you don't give it to them, they can't use it. duh

I agree and i think constantine might have pushed it a bit too far when asking Ben F if anything physical had happened.. He knew that would piss off JP to no end. LOL boy did it ever. However i still don't think that what JP did was any worse than say what any of other guys would have done in his shoes. IMO.

Is getting up and walking out of the room without saying anything, throwing a hissy fit? He had said he wasn't going to talk about it. The others decided to talk about it and he got up and left the room. What is the proper way to handle that situation when others choose to disregard your feelings and continue to talk about it? Just curious. To me a hissy fit involves ranting, slamming doors and cabinets and throwing things.
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm

I love Ironcat as well! Keep posting - so I can get my fix! I also thought the slow burn was Bentley vs. JP. Jp may have felt it on that 1 on 1 date where they were lying by the fire - but I think Ashley developed feelings slower for JP, simply because of the distraction of Bentley. She liked JP but probably didn't feel true love until she had her "closure" and told JP and then they went on the tram ride - I think that sealed it for her. That was halfway through the season, right? So, for her - that may be a slow burn. JP was smitten quickly, but his love still seems honest to me. He even shares how while at first he is "cool as a cucumber" as she said, it starts to sting to see Ash go on dates with other men, then after their explosive one on one date - it drives him crazy to see her with other men. Sounds like a true love to me - at least as far as reality tv can show us. I sure hope it works out for them - the odds are against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

First off, I am floored by all the love, guys! :thanki: I almost didn't make that post because it was so long! Glad I did.

Weighing in on the slow burn comment. I do think that part of Ashley's motivation for making that comment was to try to defend herself against all the Bentley-related criticism that was coming her way at the time. The episode before was the one in which he had left, and I believe it was teased at the end of the 4th episode that he was coming back to the show. So poor Ashley was trying to explain to viewers that she had gotten a clue, and she realized that the instant infatuation she had felt with Bentley was not as worthwhile as the opposite, which would be metaphorically described as a "slow burn". I don't think that description was specific to any particular guy at the time, just a general statement.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by cfck2222 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:28 pm

ironcat wrote:So poor Ashley was trying to explain to viewers that she had gotten a clue, and she realized that the instant infatuation she had felt with Bentley was not as worthwhile as the opposite, which would be metaphorically described as a "slow burn". I don't think that description was specific to any particular guy at the time, just a general statement.
I agree. I think your statement is supported by Ashley's conversation with Blake in the evening after the Muay Thai boxing group date in Episode 5. Blake was talking about being quiet/shy and that being a setback, Ashley was trying to reassure him. Then Blake said "Love is a marathon, it's not a sprint and at least in my experience, the relationships that are just instantly passionate and so fast out of the gate seem to burn out more quickly." That led right into an Ashley PI where she said "Blake had a really interesting point. He said that he doesn't trust relationships that are hot out of the gate. Immediately I thought of Bentley and what we had was so immediate, but it was short lived. So maybe Blake has a point here." Then Blake went on to say he doesn't discount the importance of chemistry so he was wondering since he hadn't gotten much romantic reinforcement with Ashley if she was even into him and that led to him getting the group date rose.

But anyway what jumped out is Ashley identifying Bent with the instant/immediate comment and I think that supports the interpretation that Ashley's slow burn comment was about Bent versus whoever.

I also think she was really looking for a lot more than physical chemistry and her slow burn comment is really referring to getting emotionally attached to somebody. Her F1 may have fallen for her a little earlier than she really fell for him seeing as she says her love story started with Ep 6.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by meauxwalk Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

First time posting at this site--so glad I found it since FORT shut down sleuthing. I love how these forums are set up; so easy to navigate all the topics.

I was just wondering whether this season is following any traditional editing story lines? I know that in the Bach, there are edits like Ms Right/Ms Perfect etc. Does the Bachette have similar patterns of how the F2 guys are compared/contrasted? If so, what pattern does this season fit?

meauxwalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 31 2028500532 meauxwalk! I am so glad you found us.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:42 pm

meauxwalk wrote:First time posting at this site--so glad I found it since FORT shut down sleuthing. I love how these forums are set up; so easy to navigate all the topics.

I was just wondering whether this season is following any traditional editing story lines? I know that in the Bach, there are edits like Ms Right/Ms Perfect etc. Does the Bachette have similar patterns of how the F2 guys are compared/contrasted? If so, what pattern does this season fit?

Welcome!
That's the question of the season, LOL!! We are still trying to figure that out.

Sometimes the F2 gets the most chemistry edit - which would be JP....but then Ben may still be too hidden to be F1.

So Ben fans are thinking he is getting the F1 edit, and JP fans are thinking he is.
That's as clear as mud, huh?!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:54 am

cfck2222 wrote:
ironcat wrote:So poor Ashley was trying to explain to viewers that she had gotten a clue, and she realized that the instant infatuation she had felt with Bentley was not as worthwhile as the opposite, which would be metaphorically described as a "slow burn". I don't think that description was specific to any particular guy at the time, just a general statement.
I agree. I think your statement is supported by Ashley's conversation with Blake in the evening after the Muay Thai boxing group date in Episode 5. Blake was talking about being quiet/shy and that being a setback, Ashley was trying to reassure him. Then Blake said "Love is a marathon, it's not a sprint and at least in my experience, the relationships that are just instantly passionate and so fast out of the gate seem to burn out more quickly." That led right into an Ashley PI where she said "Blake had a really interesting point. He said that he doesn't trust relationships that are hot out of the gate. Immediately I thought of Bentley and what we had was so immediate, but it was short lived. So maybe Blake has a point here." Then Blake went on to say he doesn't discount the importance of chemistry so he was wondering since he hadn't gotten much romantic reinforcement with Ashley if she was even into him and that led to him getting the group date rose.

But anyway what jumped out is Ashley identifying Bent with the instant/immediate comment and I think that supports the interpretation that Ashley's slow burn comment was about Bent versus whoever.

I also think she was really looking for a lot more than physical chemistry and her slow burn comment is really referring to getting emotionally attached to somebody. Her F1 may have fallen for her a little earlier than she really fell for him seeing as she says her love story started with Ep 6.

again good point, keep posting

:yes:
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 am

Hey guys where are Cupcake's posts about editing JP to look like he was walking out of the room when he wasn't? I missed that whole discussion!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

nutty1 wrote:Hey guys where are Cupcake's posts about editing JP to look like he was walking out of the room when he wasn't? I missed that whole discussion!

I missed this one too.....what was this about??

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am

allykat wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:JP did tell the guys before Ben F came back that he simply wasn't going to be talking about it if they chose to start a conversation with Ben about what he did. If anything I blame Lucas and Constantine for not being considerate because they were deliberately trying to rile JP by starting that conversation. I think it was mature of him to realise that and walk away from it even thou he might have been shooting daggers at Ben & I think Ben picked up on that fact that he wasn't happy and that's why he said no comments. I think Ben F and JP were probably the most 2 mature guys with that conversation.

HAHA! Poor JP, the other guys made him throw a hissy fit! Sorry, couldn’t help the snark. Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 31 40742102

JP is responsible for his own behavior. He’s an adult. The other guys are friends with Ben, they’ve commented on the connection with Ben and Ashley, and they were curious about the date. I would have asked him about it too! It’s not their fault that JP was being a baby and stomped off to pout. If I had to guess, I bet JP was embarrassed by his behavior when he watched the show on Monday. I would have been if I were him. JMO of course.

Isn't JP also the oldest guy in the group?

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 53 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl