SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 30 of 53 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by lavenderred Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:08 pm

cfck2222 wrote:Also an interesting edit point IMO: If they'd really wanted to pump up Ben F as JP's big competition I think they would've focused JP's jealousy edit on Ben F's overnight date. Instead JP was talking about it as a cumulative thing: Ben F, the group date watching Ashley kiss other guys, so it was more of a general jealousy/struggling with the process issue.
Well the daggers I saw shooting out of JP's eyes towards Ben pretty much told me what his jealousy was focused on. :shock: I do think JP threw in the other events to try to justify his jealousy to Ashley and himself.

I have another question about something one of the guys on the Bach Beatdown mentioned last night. If JP was so sure about what he had with Ashley then he should have had confidence in her actions with Ben on the overnight date. Instead, he had no faith in her and doubted her actions as evidenced by his jealous rage. I think the bigger issue is not his jealousy but his lack of maturity. A mature response would have been to trust Ashley, as one of the BB guys said.
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm

lavenderred wrote:
cfck2222 wrote:Also an interesting edit point IMO: If they'd really wanted to pump up Ben F as JP's big competition I think they would've focused JP's jealousy edit on Ben F's overnight date. Instead JP was talking about it as a cumulative thing: Ben F, the group date watching Ashley kiss other guys, so it was more of a general jealousy/struggling with the process issue.
Well the daggers I saw shooting out of JP's eyes towards Ben pretty much told me what his jealousy was focused on. :shock: I do think JP threw in the other events to try to justify his jealousy to Ashley and himself.

I have another question about something one of the guys on the Bach Beatdown mentioned last night. If JP was so sure about what he had with Ashley then he should have had confidence in her actions with Ben on the overnight date. Instead, he had no faith in her and doubted her actions as evidenced by his jealous rage. I think the bigger issue is not his jealous but his lack of maturity. A mature response would have been to trust Ashley, as one of the BB guys said.

But Ashley isn't his girlfriend or wife at this point. It's not a matter of trusting her IMO. He's afraid that whatever they have, no matter how great and wonderful he finds it, is going to be overshadowed and she's going to find something better with Ben or Dino or whoever. We see the dates and see her PIs and her interactions with all the guys, but JP doesn't have that luxury. He knows it's a free for all game at this point and he's afraid that their relationship may not be enough for her in the end because she has something better with someone else.

Now, assuming they're engaged, if he still doesn't trust her and texts her 10 times a day to check how many male patients she's had or how many guys she's talked like someone suggested here, then yes, she needs to run far, far away.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidiscool Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 pm

You know what I haven't seen yet is Ashley express any doubt over either of her F2. We've seen plenty of red flags in the edit if the guys but nothing from Ash yet.

Moley moley in your holey, Why are you so sly?
Reidiscool
Reidiscool

Back to top Go down

Post by cfck2222 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Reidiscool wrote:Ironcat and cfck222 you pretty much summed it up nicely. What I am taking great amusement with are ABC's and CH company line propaganda. Last year they pretty much lead us through the whole series with the intensions of what we are supposed to get out of each episode. eg. viewers take note Em and Brad have insurmountable hurdles, this week they have to overcome this hurdle (check), hurdle 2 coming next week, (check) so on and so on.

I notice this week's dark horse comment making a last minute charge for her heart. That is the story folks that we are going to see. Can dorky Ben catch up to 100% testosterone JP?

It is the story. Typically though anybody the show characterizes as moving slower or making a late move is also somebody who's ultimately treated as moving TOO slowly and being TOO late. It's actually something that's always annoyed me about the show. For instance Reid was moving too slow by the show's standards but totally normally by normal life standards. I think Chris L got the moving slowly edit too. This show really warps things up for people on it while they're on it.

lavenderred, I think you missed my point. Whatever a person's opinion on JP's jealousy edit (and I disagree with yours), the edit clearly presented his frustrations as being motivated by seeing Ashley with other guyS including but not only Ben F. They could have edited him to be focused solely on Ben F's overnight date but did not. They also presented his frustrations as an issue he dealt with openly with Ashley. So it was an issue that they addressed and at least temporarily resolved as part of their relationship instead of something that was presented in isolation or as something JP dealt with by confronting the other guys. I think that difference is key from a storyline standpoint.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 pm

JP did tell the guys before Ben F came back that he simply wasn't going to be talking about it if they chose to start a conversation with Ben about what he did. If anything I blame Lucas and Constantine for not being considerate because they were deliberately trying to rile JP by starting that conversation. I think it was mature of him to realise that and walk away from it even thou he might have been shooting daggers at Ben & I think Ben picked up on that fact that he wasn't happy and that's why he said no comments. I think Ben F and JP were probably the most 2 mature guys with that conversation.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Kelad9 wrote:JP did tell the guys before Ben F came back that he simply wasn't going to be talking about it if they chose to start a conversation with Ben about what he did. If anything I blame Lucas and Constantine for not being considerate because they were deliberately trying to rile JP by starting that conversation. I think it was mature of him to realise that and walk away from it even thou he might have been shooting daggers at Ben & I think Ben picked up on that fact that he wasn't happy and that's why he said no comments. I think Ben F and JP were probably the most 2 mature guys with that conversation.

HAHA! Poor JP, the other guys made him throw a hissy fit! Sorry, couldn’t help the snark. :giggle:

JP is responsible for his own behavior. He’s an adult. The other guys are friends with Ben, they’ve commented on the connection with Ben and Ashley, and they were curious about the date. I would have asked him about it too! It’s not their fault that JP was being a baby and stomped off to pout. If I had to guess, I bet JP was embarrassed by his behavior when he watched the show on Monday. I would have been if I were him. JMO of course.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Yes, and he openly talked about his feelings with Ashley - and he was totally a MLK Jr. model of non-violence. A true sign of a gentleman, not puffing up his manhood looking to fight everyone like Dave "mancode" always did. Ashley asked if he took it out physically on the other guys, and he said, "No! What would the purpose be of that?" So, all in all, JP is nothing but a classy man in love - in my eyes. SWOOOOON! Don't have to guess where this girl stands!

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 pm

lavenderred wrote:

I have another question about something one of the guys on the Bach Beatdown mentioned last night. If JP was so sure about what he had with Ashley then he should have had confidence in her actions with Ben on the overnight date. Instead, he had no faith in her and doubted her actions as evidenced by his jealous rage. I think the bigger issue is not his jealousy but his lack of maturity. A mature response would have been to trust Ashley, as one of the BB guys said.

I believe the guy who made that brilliant comment was Wes, who sure is a shining example of a mature guy himself. lolpanda I think I'll take immature, "raging" JP anyday and twice on Sunday, thank you.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:49 pm

allykat wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:JP did tell the guys before Ben F came back that he simply wasn't going to be talking about it if they chose to start a conversation with Ben about what he did. If anything I blame Lucas and Constantine for not being considerate because they were deliberately trying to rile JP by starting that conversation. I think it was mature of him to realise that and walk away from it even thou he might have been shooting daggers at Ben & I think Ben picked up on that fact that he wasn't happy and that's why he said no comments. I think Ben F and JP were probably the most 2 mature guys with that conversation.

HAHA! Poor JP, the other guys made him throw a hissy fit! Sorry, couldn’t help the snark. :giggle:

JP is responsible for his own behavior. He’s an adult. The other guys are friends with Ben, they’ve commented on the connection with Ben and Ashley, and they were curious about the date. I would have asked him about it too! It’s not their fault that JP was being a baby and stomped off to pout. If I had to guess, I bet JP was embarrassed by his behavior when he watched the show on Monday. I would have been if I were him. JMO of course.

IMO his vlog last week was put out because TPTB knew that they were going to show him in immature moment(s) and JP mentioned in that vlog that he had insecurities too, he admitted to them and owned them. I agree that he should have just "shut up and colored" and that he is responsible for his behavior, btw I think all of the guys are friends and that the ribbing from Constantine and all of them is just guys doing what guys do best.

I'm sure he's embarrassed by what TPTB showed and he probably is suffering ribbing and ragging at work because of his temper tantrum.

Kiptyn had it right, if you don't give it to them, they can't use it. duh
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

gurlbrit wrote:
allykat wrote:

IMO his vlog last week was put out because TPTB knew that they were going to show him in immature moment(s) and JP mentioned in that vlog that he had insecurities too, he admitted to them and owned them. I agree that he should have just "shut up and colored" and that he is responsible for his behavior, btw I think all of the guys are friends and that the ribbing from Constantine and all of them is just guys doing what guys do best.

I'm sure he's embarrassed by what TPTB showed and he probably is suffering ribbing and ragging at work because of his temper tantrum.

Kiptyn had it right, if you don't give it to them, they can't use it. duh

I agree and i think constantine might have pushed it a bit too far when asking Ben F if anything physical had happened.. He knew that would piss off JP to no end. LOL boy did it ever. However i still don't think that what JP did was any worse than say what any of other guys would have done in his shoes. IMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Alanna wrote:
jelle wrote:Since there seems to be an ongoing discussion about the "slow burn" comment, could someone remind me of the actual context in which it was said. I think Ashley said it, but I have no clue when, where, or about whom it was said.

Nice post, ironcat! yes

From episode 4's blog:

Looking back at this week, the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could.

To me, it's comparing Bentley and F1, not Ben and JP. It's very evident to me and I don't know why there's confusion about it TBH. :greenman:

Iron, you rock my socks!!! So good, so true, so right. :D

I so agree that the slow burn is in comparison to Bentley, not JP to Ben.

Great post, Ironcat!
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

cfck2222 wrote:
Reidiscool wrote:Ironcat and cfck222 you pretty much summed it up nicely. What I am taking great amusement with are ABC's and CH company line propaganda. Last year they pretty much lead us through the whole series with the intensions of what we are supposed to get out of each episode. eg. viewers take note Em and Brad have insurmountable hurdles, this week they have to overcome this hurdle (check), hurdle 2 coming next week, (check) so on and so on.

I notice this week's dark horse comment making a last minute charge for her heart. That is the story folks that we are going to see. Can dorky Ben catch up to 100% testosterone JP?

It is the story. Typically though anybody the show characterizes as moving slower or making a late move is also somebody who's ultimately treated as moving TOO slowly and being TOO late. It's actually something that's always annoyed me about the show. For instance Reid was moving too slow by the show's standards but totally normally by normal life standards. I think Chris L got the moving slowly edit too. This show really warps things up for people on it while they're on it.

lavenderred, I think you missed my point. Whatever a person's opinion on JP's jealousy edit (and I disagree with yours), the edit clearly presented his frustrations as being motivated by seeing Ashley with other guyS including but not only Ben F. They could have edited him to be focused solely on Ben F's overnight date but did not. They also presented his frustrations as an issue he dealt with openly with Ashley. So it was an issue that they addressed and at least temporarily resolved as part of their relationship instead of something that was presented in isolation or as something JP dealt with by confronting the other guys. I think that difference is key from a storyline standpoint.

oh this is so cool to read i like it and agree with it bowdown
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 53 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl