SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by Starshine_16 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 am

Shortly before the episode began I started to have flu-like symptoms. I made it through the erpisode but I dodn't remember much of it. I'm going to watch it again today and make some notes on the editing before I go back to sleep.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 am

ninu wrote:
Max64 wrote:
ironcat wrote:What's strange this season is that of the 4 1 on 1 dates so far, only one has gone to a F4 guy, and the date roses on the group dates have also not gone to any of the F4 guys. Has this ever happened before? And since Ben F, Constantine and Ames have also not been shown having much interraction with her on group dates or at the cocktail parties, they are still virtually invisible.

Last night basically set up a very clear dynamic of villain Bentley vs hero JP. Since Bentley has left, where does this story go now? The only thing I can think of if JP is F1 (and why they are allowing it to be so obvious that he is who we are supposed to root for), is if the struggle between them for Ashley's attention continues even with Bentley in absentia, to only be resolved once he returns in a few episodes, and she finally "gets his number" and kicks him to the curb. Not sure what kind of drama will be left to resolve once that's over, unless Ashley and JP's relationship hits some kind of speedbump at that point.

Just throwing this out there, but maybe Ben and the other guys, Ames, and Constantine were never really part of the equation. What if her top guy was always JP (and Bentley to some extent), Ashley did make the comment last night that she thought Bentley would be there in the end, doesn't necessarily mean F1. Now with Bentley gone, they have to fill the other F3, and they need an appealing, loveable f2 man. We know (from RS) Constantine and Ashley didn't have a lot of chemistry, and his departure was mutual. Ames, though he seems sweet, but could they sell him as a possible next Bachelor if he were F2? So that really leaves Ben. I think Bentley was JP's only competition, so for drama they bring him back in Ep6, but he leaves. The other speed bump is going to be Ryan. I don't see Ashley that interested in him, he doesn't even get a date until Ep 7 and is sent packing but for drama and conflict, he returns because TP don't have anything else. And to keep Ryan in the forefront because he doesn't get a date until so late, he's getting the group date roses. no idea

She also said she thought Bentley would be her husband, and that she felt alone without him in that room... And probably other stuff that I'm forgetting Rolling Eyes hissyfit duh

Oh, I know she said those things, and she was very upset. But I just keep going back to Ali and her hissy fit on the beach. hissyfit She said a lot of things about Frank too, but always knew it was Roberto. After all, it is a reality tv show, and they need her to say she thinks many of the guys she could see as her husband. I guess time will tell duh

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 am

ninu wrote:
Max64 wrote:
ironcat wrote:What's strange this season is that of the 4 1 on 1 dates so far, only one has gone to a F4 guy, and the date roses on the group dates have also not gone to any of the F4 guys. Has this ever happened before? And since Ben F, Constantine and Ames have also not been shown having much interraction with her on group dates or at the cocktail parties, they are still virtually invisible.

Last night basically set up a very clear dynamic of villain Bentley vs hero JP. Since Bentley has left, where does this story go now? The only thing I can think of if JP is F1 (and why they are allowing it to be so obvious that he is who we are supposed to root for), is if the struggle between them for Ashley's attention continues even with Bentley in absentia, to only be resolved once he returns in a few episodes, and she finally "gets his number" and kicks him to the curb. Not sure what kind of drama will be left to resolve once that's over, unless Ashley and JP's relationship hits some kind of speedbump at that point.

Just throwing this out there, but maybe Ben and the other guys, Ames, and Constantine were never really part of the equation. What if her top guy was always JP (and Bentley to some extent), Ashley did make the comment last night that she thought Bentley would be there in the end, doesn't necessarily mean F1. Now with Bentley gone, they have to fill the other F3, and they need an appealing, loveable f2 man. We know (from RS) Constantine and Ashley didn't have a lot of chemistry, and his departure was mutual. Ames, though he seems sweet, but could they sell him as a possible next Bachelor if he were F2? So that really leaves Ben. I think Bentley was JP's only competition, so for drama they bring him back in Ep6, but he leaves. The other speed bump is going to be Ryan. I don't see Ashley that interested in him, he doesn't even get a date until Ep 7 and is sent packing but for drama and conflict, he returns because TP don't have anything else. And to keep Ryan in the forefront because he doesn't get a date until so late, he's getting the group date roses. no idea

She also said she thought Bentley would be her husband, and that she felt alone without him in that room... And probably other stuff that I'm forgetting Rolling Eyes hissyfit duh
Plus she said she wanted to run away with him to Salt Lake City or something to that effect. In other words she was done with the other guys at that point. She told Bentley that she wished the end was "tomorrow". Thats pretty huge IMO. So basically they were all sitting there and wasting their time which is in my book worse than what we have accused other leads of stringing along the F2 when in actual fact they were already in love with the F1. She was planning to string along at least 12 other guys at this point !

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 am

Starshine_16 wrote:Shortly before the episode began I started to have flu-like symptoms. I made it through the erpisode but I dodn't remember much of it. I'm going to watch it again today and make some notes on the editing before I go back to sleep.
Get better soon and we'll wait to see what you come up with.
I for one an totally confused other than seeing that JP has a chance with her (from the Edit and her blogs etc).

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:19 am

What infuriates me is that the whole Bentley dramarama took away whatever confidence and joy she had in the process. I have to agree with CH that she seems to be a different girl at the RC..just defeated.

I'm not even sure she was so into JP at that point..true they had a "sweet" date as she described it but it looked to me to be more about him being able to comfort her about Bentley. This may be a good beginning for them, but how sad they couldn't have the joy and fun of a new relationship first date. As I mentioned in another post, I hope the act of physically totally changing locales to somewhere exotic and new brings a breath of fresh air to the procedings. She looks happy in the SCs so I hope that is the case.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:37 am

Posted this in the RS thread, of all places, and decided that it should go here!

I don't really have a favorite at this point, however, I do have a couple of opinions...

I am concerned if Ben is F1 in that I have noticed he has made some comments (not quite derogatory but not the nicest). For example, we see him agreeing and piling on when the guys are talking about Tim being drunk and about Jeff. We also see him at the roast-- again, not saying the meanest comments but still, IMO, not the kind to be said by the F1. He also said goodbye to Bentley.

With JP, I have not seen him involved in any of the "drama" situations. Anyone else? Tim, Bentley, the roast, etc..? JP hasn't been involved. He has spoken with Ashley about those situations and we only see him being supportive and keeping focused on what he came there for-- Ashley.

IMO, this points to JP as being the F1 more than it does Ben F. It could also mean that TPTB have decided no edit is beyond messing with and they've decided that they can shake everything up by throwing their standard editing book out the window! Time will tell.... no idea

IA with the others that have said that the editing this season is all over the place!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:41 am

pavalygurl wrote:What infuriates me is that the whole Bentley dramarama took away whatever confidence and joy she had in the process. I have to agree with CH that she seems to be a different girl at the RC..just defeated.

I'm not even sure she was so into JP at that point..true they had a "sweet" date as she described it but it looked to me to be more about him being able to comfort her about Bentley. This may be a good beginning for them, but how sad they couldn't have the joy and fun of a new relationship first date. As I mentioned in another post, I hope the act of physically totally changing locales to somewhere exotic and new brings a breath of fresh air to the procedings. She looks happy in the SCs so I hope that is the case.

I think that if Ashley could have, she would have bailed out and gone home instead of have the epi 3 RC. She was emotionally done. And this was after her date with JP.

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 am

Absolutely - she was a wreck at the RC - she was all in with Bentley and it wiped her out when he left. He was her one (ugh) and I don't see a happily ever after at all - she was left with the dot, dot, dot......to be continued, which will be in the back of her mind until Hong Kong.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 am

Bloomers wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:We might even find that the obstacle for JP is Bentley himself.

What would be awesome to me is if they would just come right out with the Bentley thing = JP understanding at least to a certain degree that Bentley leaving has thrown Ashley for a loop - no, it has thrown her all the way to next Sunday. Does JP step up and see if he can help her overcome that? Does JP begin seriously trying to win her heart?

One of the things that was so winsome about Trista's Ryan was that as built and nice-looking as he was, he wasn't slick at all. He was so humble, and he wanted her badly. He tried so hard, and he just went about wooing her (what an old-fashioned word!) in every way he could think of doing. He wrote her corny, but heart-felt poetry, he bought her that stuffed toy, and he drew her that picture, plus he almost stuttered when he tried to tell her how he felt.

Will JP go after what he wants? That would make a good storyline.

I think you're spot on, Bloomers. I see JP staying out of all the mish-mash (at least at this point) and just staying focused on Ashley. Very much like what Ryan seemed to be able to do.
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkij_26 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 am

Max64 wrote:
ninu wrote:
Max64 wrote:

Oh, I know she said those things, and she was very upset. But I just keep going back to Ali and her hissy fit on the beach. hissyfit She said a lot of things about Frank too, but always knew it was Roberto. After all, it is a reality tv show, and they need her to say she thinks many of the guys she could see as her husband. I guess time will tell duh

Big difference is Ali had very visceral and obvious reaction to Roberto from the start way more than Ahsley had with JP. And she continued to have that reaction through out. MOST importantly Ali said more than once that she thought Roberto could be the ONE and she said it well before Frank left on the fantasy dates. Plus, while she got mega upset she was abnle to track it back to her insecuirity in that moment and had her demonstarted feelings and being the one statementgs to back it up later. And once she had her meltdown & RC chat she was back happy, excited and lovey dovey as ever with Roberto on their MTP/LCD date which directly followed Frank leaving. SHe always said she thought Frank would be one to meet her parents but she never said she loved him and he could be her hubby. And she said he was her normal type an thought he would hurt her. She only said the he' s the one, love him, Mrs. Martinez (HTD) statements with Roberto. Ali/Frank vs. Ashley/Bentley very different situations. I think Ashley's Bentley situation is more close to Deanna/Graham & Jillian/Ed situations with diffferent endings. IMO

Smiley

nikkij_26

Female Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 am

... Becomes . In Hong Kong.... Nuf said
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:05 am

nikkij_26 wrote:
Max64 wrote:
ninu wrote:
Max64 wrote:

Big difference is Ali had very visceral and obvious reaction to Roberto from the start way more than Ahsley had with JP. And she continued to have that reaction through out. MOST importantly Ali said more than once that she thought Roberto could be the ONE and she said it well before Frank left on the fantasy dates. Plus, while she got mega upset she was abnle to track it back to her insecuirity in that moment and had her demonstarted feelings and being the one statementgs to back it up later. And once she had her meltdown & RC chat she was back happy, excited and lovey dovey as ever with Roberto on their MTP/LCD date which directly followed Frank leaving. SHe always said she thought Frank would be one to meet her parents but she never said she loved him and he could be her hubby. And she said he was her normal type an thought he would hurt her. She only said the he' s the one, love him, Mrs. Martinez (HTD) statements with Roberto. Ali/Frank vs. Ashley/Bentley very different situations. I think Ashley's Bentley situation is more close to Deanna/Graham & Jillian/Ed situations with diffferent endings. IMO

Smiley

Yep. I'm thinking we're watching DeAnna/Graham all over again. I hope Ashley and her F1 are more solid and believable than DeAnna/Jesse were, which was NOT AT ALL imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

+60
nutty1
Kelad9
agentcurls
northernviewer
Bronwyn