Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 1 of 55 1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Love_Me on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awwww, Love. That must sting a little to post those pics side-by-side. I know how much you love Ben and he is a terrific guy...I guess just not for Ashley.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hugs to you...Bee

Thanks Bee! You are so sweet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am a little excited that Ben might be the Bachelor, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I am also very happy for Ashley and JP and wish them a life full of love and happiness. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32421

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awwww, Love. That must sting a little to post those pics side-by-side. I know how much you love Ben and he is a terrific guy...I guess just not for Ashley.
:hug: Hugs to you...Bee

Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: (snipped) ...it was really crappy of the producers and Chrystie to interfere in their relationship that way, but maybe they figured the two of them would get through it if they were meant to be.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What's truly remarkable to me is less the physical attraction between them which jumps at me every time I have seen them share the screen, but the emotional connection and an uncanny ability to take an issue one of them has, discuss it openly and honestly, and take that issue from an "I / me" basis to an "us / we" basis and work together to resolve it.
ICAM. There have been other couples on this show that had great chemistry and an undeniable physical attraction, but very few have also had the emotional connection and honesty that Ashley and JP have had. They've both gone out of their way to fill the other in on what was going on during their "journey," and how they were feeling about it. If they continue to do that in the real world, I think they have a great chance of having a long and happy life together.

If in fact TPTB "recruited" Chrystie to throw up these obstacles (and I wouldn't put it past them), it could very possibly be to determine if JP and Ashley have what it takes to overcome obstacles. I don't like how they (if they did) did this but, JP and Ashley seem to have hurdled the obstacle with no difficulty. I agree with you, Lucas and Archer, that the emotional connection between them is what will keep them together and help them in the real world. Never before have we ever been shown a couple that shares this connection, at least during the show. I can only think that this will benefit them so, I guess TPTB can sleep well knowing that in the end the couple passed all the tests and made it through to the end. Hmmm, something to think about!

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:And just to reiterate, I have absolutely no problem with her voicing any and all concerns about JP to Ashley in private, after she has conducted her conversation with JP in a gracious and non-hostile manner.
Well said, ironcat! I also don't have any problem that she had concerns about JP. (Frankly, if my brother were The Bachelor, I'd probably have concerns about both women.) But I simply can't fathom being so rude to (1) someone you just met and about whom you know very little, and (2) someone for whom your sister obviously has very strong feelings. I just have to imagine the producers told her to give JP a hard time. They had to do something to stir up drama and introduce a hint of doubt into Ashley and JP's relationship, or else this finale would have been even more of a foregone conclusion. If so, it was really crappy of the producers and Chrystie to interfere in their relationship that way, but maybe they figured the two of them would get through it if they were meant to be.

I was trying to think if I could remember one of the Bachelor/ette's family members ever being so rude to one of the F2 before, and I can't. Off the top of my head, the closet thing I could think of was Andrew Firestone's brother's suspicion of Kirsten. But IIRC, he was never outright rude to her. He was cordial and discussed his feelings with Andrew after the date, as he should have. Are there any other examples that I forgot?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What's truly remarkable to me is less the physical attraction between them which jumps at me every time I have seen them share the screen, but the emotional connection and an uncanny ability to take an issue one of them has, discuss it openly and honestly, and take that issue from an "I / me" basis to an "us / we" basis and work together to resolve it.
ICAM. There have been other couples on this show that had great chemistry and an undeniable physical attraction, but very few have also had the emotional connection and honesty that Ashley and JP have had. They've both gone out of their way to fill the other in on what was going on during their "journey," and how they were feeling about it. If they continue to do that in the real world, I think they have a great chance of having a long and happy life together.

Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have to chuckle. That re-evaluate quote is floating around somewhere in the VO & PI thread. That hometown date is chocked full of foreshadow clues for the finale, since we get to see her family there.

Lots of material from Brad's season has been useful.

The Fantasy Date with Brad has a few “foreshadow hints” directed to JP. With JP, she always remembers to say “we” and “us” since Brad corrected her on her pronoun usage previously. Also, they flew in a small helicopter that date and she was clinging to Brad like she does JP in the seaplane. Her need for "comfort" is also emphasized here. Their joking about Fiji versus New York (and no mention of Maine or Philly) was also foreshadowed with Brad's "Where do we want to live?" and their argument about Austin. In a curious way, every "problem" she had with Brad got resolved rapidly with JP. She is very quick in her decisions.

I seem to remember reading, somewhere out in cyberspace, that Fleiss believes that the reason soap operas are successful is that they have a continuing story line where characters are developed and thread from one episode to another and one year to the next, and that this is the reason he tries to cast someone from a previous show to be lead for the next. So it is no surprise to me that Ashley's story began on B15 and continues through on her show.

This is something to keep in mind for next season; whoever they pick as The Bachelor, if from this show, will continue this show's story into their own show.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm still on the fence about this being manufactured, but one thing that makes me think it's possible is that I would think Chrystie is used to being judged before people get to really know her. In fact we all seem to be doing it on this board. So I would think she would be the last person to "judge a book by it's cover." It just doesn't add up.

It's hard for me to understand how someone who is unfairly judged could be quick to judge others, but I do see this happening IRL. I think it might be similar to an abused child growing up to be an abusive adult. Here's what I have trouble imagining - that TPTB pushed Chrystie into playing devil's advocate, and she didn't back off immediately when she saw her sister's tearful reaction. However misguided, I think Chrystie thought she was doing the best thing for Ashley.

Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You know what, hypothetically ,had Chrystie been in JP's shoes and about to meet my mom as the future fiancee of let us say my brother, she would have been met with politeness and good manners.Privately, my mom who is conservative would have been a little shocked by all her tattoos and may ask my brother about her and if he really loved her before talking to her,but she will never even think of showing any sign of displeasure without even knowing her that well. My mom always abided by the saying "don't judge a book by its cover".
Simply put, what Chrystie did to JP was lack of manners and showed a controlling side of her personality. She did not ask Ashley how she felt about JP before she judged and verbally manhandled him.She thought her opinion was important and that it did not matter how Ashley felt about JP. Very inconsiderate of her. I hope this incident will not leave a bad taste with JP's family when they finally see it.
I'm still leaning towards the whole manufactured obstacle here. It makes NO sense that her argument had something to do with his age (in addition to her so called litany of complaints) and then in the next breath she mentions Brad who is older than JP. Smells like a page from the MF scripted drama book...

I'm still on the fence about this being manufactured, but one thing that makes me think it's possible is that I would think Chrystie is used to being judged before people get to really know her. In fact we all seem to be doing it on this board. So I would think she would be the last person to "judge a book by it's cover." It just doesn't add up.

GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:JP must have told Ashley what her sister said because in the extended "Mean Sister" preview Ashley tells her how JP felt. Even that her isster told him there was nothing he could do to change her mind. Chrystie (sp) admits she did say that to him. I think I'm remembering that correctly. So their conversation would have been after he talks to her sister. My guess is after the entire date they debried (as you stated) and Ashley brings it up to her sis the next day.

The funny thing is that I haven't seen the extended preview. I was mostly basing my opinion that Ashley and JP would talk this out from some meager information when the conflict first surfaced and the past history of this couple. What's truly remarkable to me is less the physical attraction between them which jumps at me every time I have seen them share the screen, but the emotional connection and an uncanny ability to take an issue one of them has, discuss it openly and honestly, and take that issue from an "I / me" basis to an "us / we" basis and work together to resolve it.

I'm a bit astounded that the show has been able to capture this and show it to us. The format of this show makes it very difficult to get there and I strongly suspect the reason that many show couples don't make it out of the bubble is that they never learn to do this. The ones that learn how to are probably the ones that actually make in in real life.

Great Post! I feel exactly the same way. Ash and JP have calmly and honestly communicated through every single issue this show has thrown at them. The foundation of trust they built during the show, despite the best efforts of TPTB to create drama around every corner, I believe will get them through. I think it has to do with the maturity level of both of them and knowing what it takes to make a successful relationship work. Communication is key.

Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday.

As soon as I saw the previews where it first appeared that Ashley's family didn't approve of her F1 choice, I went on a search for a clip of her HTD on Brad's season. Brad's season was important to me because it was filmed and edited and shown before her show started filming, and I figured would not have been edited knowing what would happen at the end of her own show. Ashley specifically said this on her HTD:

I'm feeling the closest I've ever felt to being in love with Brad but if my parents were to be, you know, hesitant about, it I would definitely take a step back and kind of re-evaluate the situation.

What's interesting to me about this is that she doesn't say she wouldn't make a choice that went against her parents, only that she would re-evaluate. I suspect as the finale plays out that's exactly what we're going to see her do.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes her to get Jordan involved in this re-evaluation.

I have to chuckle. That re-evaluate quote is floating around somewhere in the VO & PI thread. That hometown date is chocked full of foreshadow clues for the finale, since we get to see her family there.

Lots of material from Brad's season has been useful.

The carnival date is interesting in relation to both William’s Las Vegas discussion of his alcoholic father and Ben’s “walls” storyline. Brad’s walls came down thanks to Ashley.

The Fantasy Date with Brad has a few “foreshadow hints” directed to JP. With JP, she always remembers to say “we” and “us” since Brad corrected her on her pronoun usage previously. Also, they flew in a small helicopter that date and she was clinging to Brad like she does JP in the seaplane. Her need for "comfort" is also emphasized here. Their joking about Fiji versus New York (and no mention of Maine or Philly) was also foreshadowed with Brad's "Where do we want to live?" and their argument about Austin. In a curious way, every "problem" she had with Brad got resolved rapidly with JP. She is very quick in her decisions.

JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You know what, hypothetically ,had Chrystie been in JP's shoes and about to meet my mom as the future fiancee of let us say my brother, she would have been met with politeness and good manners.Privately, my mom who is conservative would have been a little shocked by all her tattoos and may ask my brother about her and if he really loved her before talking to her,but she will never even think of showing any sign of displeasure without even knowing her that well. My mom always abided by the saying "don't judge a book by its cover".
Simply put, what Chrystie did to JP was lack of manners and showed a controlling side of her personality. She did not ask Ashley how she felt about JP before she judged and verbally manhandled him.She thought her opinion was important and that it did not matter how Ashley felt about JP. Very inconsiderate of her. I hope this incident will not leave a bad taste with JP's family when they finally see it.
I'm still leaning towards the whole manufactured obstacle here. It makes NO sense that her argument had something to do with his age (in addition to her so called litany of complaints) and then in the next breath she mentions Brad who is older than JP. Smells like a page from the MF scripted drama book...

Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by moflan on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday.

As soon as I saw the previews where it first appeared that Ashley's family didn't approve of her F1 choice, I went on a search for a clip of her HTD on Brad's season. Brad's season was important to me because it was filmed and edited and shown before her show started filming, and I figured would not have been edited knowing what would happen at the end of her own show. Ashley specifically said this on her HTD:

I'm feeling the closest I've ever felt to being in love with Brad but if my parents were to be, you know, hesitant about, it I would definitely take a step back and kind of re-evaluate the situation.

What's interesting to me about this is that she doesn't say she wouldn't make a choice that went against her parents, only that she would re-evaluate. I suspect as the finale plays out that's exactly what we're going to see her do.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes her to get Jordan involved in this re-evaluation.

I'm pretty sure that her mother and step-father do not have any issues with JP and her mom said she didn't see whatever it was that Chrystie saw (or didn't see) in Ashley's demeanor/face. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow evening, but I think we'll see that Ashley's parents don't drive her to re-evaluate her decision regarding her JP relationship. Who knows what baggage older tattooed sis has with her younger Ivy League sister?

BTW, thanks for going back to watch the hometown with Brad and taking the time to transcribe some key VO and dialogue.

moflan

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:55 pm

You know what, hypothetically ,had Chrystie been in JP's shoes and about to meet my mom as the future fiancee of let us say my brother, she would have been met with politeness and good manners.Privately, my mom who is conservative would have been a little shocked by all her tattoos and may ask my brother about her and if he really loved her before talking to her,but she will never even think of showing any sign of displeasure without even knowing her that well. My mom always abided by the saying "don't judge a book by its cover".

bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 55 1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum