Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 3 of 55 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by JBF on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Aw gosh! Thanks for the compliments! Came back here and saw this thread stretch after my last post. (Now I'm gonna get all shy.)

JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 pm

I think at this point in time, it would behoove any contestant who is going on this show to do research about it before they sign on the dotted line. It's all out there, all they have to do is look to see what they are getting themselves into.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sometimes I feel the F2's know they are not going to end up with the lead so their final dates and Vo's seem forced and scripted.

Ben must have felt confident enough that if he did purpose Ashley would say yes. I see no other reason why he would go through that if he felt he was not the F1. JMHO

ITA, LoveMe.

Considering we've seen approximately 10 mins of the hours from each date it's probably safe to assume that there are reasons Ben is so confident and I doubt it's because he's in total denial. He may not know the degree of Ashley's feelings for JP but he does know what she's like with him. I think part of it is not knowing that you can't take what the lead says at face value in this crazy show. I also wish we had seen Ashley reminding Ben that she has decisions to make instead of going along with some of his comments like her mom coming to visit on the holidays. Even I was surprised to hear Ashley say that she was most nervous at meeting Ben's mom which I'm sure he took as more confirmation. Unfortunately Ben doesn't appear to have watched the show and his sister may be more of a casual viewer than we are so unfortunately wasn't wise to the ways of the evil Fleiss. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton

albean99

Female Posts : 11571

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".

When I read this it made me remember Ashley's blog about how she was nervous to meet JP's family because she wasn't sure they would accept her because she wasn't Jewish and of course they did. I bet this was the convo that she had with Peter that we never got to see. They accepted her as she was... Ilene just wants her boy to be happy. Peter says she would be a welcome addition. JP not being accepted by Chrystie is going to shock him. The idea of such a harsh snap judgment is probably extremely foreign to him. You know the people that are always extremely polite, articulate, intelligent, etc. find it hard to accept when someone doesn't like them and there is really nothing they can do about it. It's frustrating and defeating. And regardless of what Chrystie is saying now I will always feel bad for him and think she handled her opinions terribly. It's called tact.

Yes, it sounds like Chrystie doesn't handle this conversation tactfully with JP but, on the flip side I think its good Ashley has someone standing up for her or atleast speaking up and saying "have you really thought this thru?" We know the Bachelor Bubble is crazy. From Ashley being on before, Chrystie must be aware of some of the manipulations the contestants are put thru. Maybe she just wanted Ashley to take a step back and really think before making this big decision? JP is a big boy. He can handle it! LOL I don't see him letting Ashley walk away from him. Besides, its good to keep the man on his toes! :giggle: IMHO, JP has found quite a treasure in Ashley.

Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 am

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".

When I read this it made me remember Ashley's blog about how she was nervous to meet JP's family because she wasn't sure they would accept her because she wasn't Jewish and of course they did. I bet this was the convo that she had with Peter that we never got to see. They accepted her as she was... Ilene just wants her boy to be happy. Peter says she would be a welcome addition. JP not being accepted by Chrystie is going to shock him. The idea of such a harsh snap judgment is probably extremely foreign to him. You know the people that are always extremely polite, articulate, intelligent, etc. find it hard to accept when someone doesn't like them and there is really nothing they can do about it. It's frustrating and defeating. And regardless of what Chrystie is saying now I will always feel bad for him and think she handled her opinions terribly. It's called tact.

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

The hair business was emphasized on the hometowns for a reason. With JP, that mullet was just a trip-down-memory-lane (like the baby pictures), showcasing how much he has changed over the years. No comments made about the shaved head, even though he's the only one in the family sporting it. With Ben's hometown, Barbara said she had more "power over him" in the past. It was a very funny joke that made me laugh, but also helped explain why something like that Cream Video would be made. Then we see his hair-cut at the next RC, which made me think THEY got him to do it. (Constantine just complained about his Euro Mullet in Fiji, but nobody in HIS family commented on HIS hair... so it didn't dawn on him until after seeing his bro-buddy get one!)

Both have very protective families, but they are protective for different reasons.

Julia tells us she is even more protective of Ben that we think. She also wants to protect her family. They have that father loss situation and "not many family members left", but you can see other factors playing here as well. Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday, but this line spells out both Ben and Ashley: "I think I'm most nervous to meet Ben's family because there's a lot of pressure on this date for Ben. I know his family has been through a lot recently and I know how important this is to him and I really want to make it work." (Personally, I think she was 95% certain he wasn't the one, but was now playing "Shrink" so he can be ready for somebody else... just like proving to Ames he is not a nerd. LOL! Dino... oh heck, he needs no help.)

Great post, JBF. I hadn't made the connection of how "hair" was handled by the two families.

The bolded was also one of my favorite quotes from this season. JP is putting responsibility for his feelings directly on himself. IMO, that is a very mature perspective and bodes well for this couple.

Love the bolded quote too and totally agree that JP is showing a mature view of this process.

JBF, I search for your posts, my favorite because you always make me think. The haircut comments I think show that even though JP wore his hair long in a mullet, he now wears his hair exactly how he wants. Probably it is best for site visits wearing a hard hat. Ben on the other hand still wears his hair how his mother suggests, getting it cut for the Fiji trip. One man makes his own decisions, one man still taking suggestions from his mother which points out which one is ready to run his own family to me. JMO :hidingchair

No need to hide under a chair, IMO, you speak the truth. There is a 5-6 year age difference between the guys, and it is expected that there would be a difference in maturity level as well. Ben may make a wonderful husband some day, and if he and Ashley had fallen madly in love the way Ash did with JP or Ali did with Roberto, it may have caused him to grow up a little bit as a result, and pushed him more into thinking seriously about marriage and future. As it stood, he met a girl he really liked after a long dry period, thought she felt the same way, and between the excitement of the moment, the competition, and the manipulation of the producers, decided to get engaged. I seriously doubt it ever crossed his mind to actually think seriously and critically about the marriage part of it and how that would work.

And JBF, great post!!

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

The hair business was emphasized on the hometowns for a reason. With JP, that mullet was just a trip-down-memory-lane (like the baby pictures), showcasing how much he has changed over the years. No comments made about the shaved head, even though he's the only one in the family sporting it. With Ben's hometown, Barbara said she had more "power over him" in the past. It was a very funny joke that made me laugh, but also helped explain why something like that Cream Video would be made. Then we see his hair-cut at the next RC, which made me think THEY got him to do it. (Constantine just complained about his Euro Mullet in Fiji, but nobody in HIS family commented on HIS hair... so it didn't dawn on him until after seeing his bro-buddy get one!)

Both have very protective families, but they are protective for different reasons.

Julia tells us she is even more protective of Ben that we think. She also wants to protect her family. They have that father loss situation and "not many family members left", but you can see other factors playing here as well. Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday, but this line spells out both Ben and Ashley: "I think I'm most nervous to meet Ben's family because there's a lot of pressure on this date for Ben. I know his family has been through a lot recently and I know how important this is to him and I really want to make it work." (Personally, I think she was 95% certain he wasn't the one, but was now playing "Shrink" so he can be ready for somebody else... just like proving to Ames he is not a nerd. LOL! Dino... oh heck, he needs no help.)

Great post, JBF. I hadn't made the connection of how "hair" was handled by the two families.

The bolded was also one of my favorite quotes from this season. JP is putting responsibility for his feelings directly on himself. IMO, that is a very mature perspective and bodes well for this couple.

Love the bolded quote too and totally agree that JP is showing a mature view of this process.

JBF, I search for your posts, my favorite because you always make me think. The haircut comments I think show that even though JP wore his hair long in a mullet, he now wears his hair exactly how he wants. Probably it is best for site visits wearing a hard hat. Ben on the other hand still wears his hair how his mother suggests, getting it cut for the Fiji trip. One man makes his own decisions, one man still taking suggestions from his mother which points out which one is ready to run his own family to me. JMO :hidingchair

Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 am

Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 am

I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:One thing I find so comical is how Ashley loves talking “dirty” around Ben. I am assuming she knows all about the Cream Video, seeing his get-up in the cut scene we were denied. Their potty talk shaw is so awfully cute. Bet their doggie sounds will bring the family house down in Vomo.

I can see Chrystie’s mind operating now. Ben’s home life must be like a Saturday Night Life sketch that never ends. Bet Julia and Barbara are the life of the party. Little does she realize Benny Boy is trying so hard to play Mommie’s Little Rebel. Bad enough his family forced him to get his hair-cut for the next rose ceremony. He HAD to be make that video!

Then we have Jordan Paul Rosenbaum from Long Island and Chrystie feeling she needs to cover her tattoos and put on the long dress before visiting those in-laws. We only hear JP curse when he’s upset in Taiwan. The rest of the time he is a male version of Barbara Walters. Well, his family is somewhat mild mannered, but Ashley fit in quite nicely in her goofy dorky way.

Very interesting theory-- you could be right JBF

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Someone mentioned that during the mud bath she is talking about going down and grabbing more mud. After watching it it appears that is exactly what she is talking about, but when she realizes how that sounded she starts laughing. If she had been talking about him she could have reached lower, not wished she could.

Bringing this from another thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:... snipped for brevity
Since there were comments about pecks with Ben, what do you all think about Ashley's comment to Ben in the mud bath about wishing she could reach lower? I thought it was very suggestive and surprised me since she knew she'd be getting engaged to another guy in a day or two. Perhaps Ben had good reason to think he was "the one". I think there was possibly a lot more chemistry with Ben than people think. :confused:
I've only seen the clip a couple of times and have not done a lot of super analysing of it but, when I heard Ashley say this the first thing that I took from it was that she was standing in the mud up to her chin already and I don't think that she could reach the bottom of the pit in order to grab a good handful without dunking her head into the mud. When they were toward the bank of the mud pit, she had no problem reaching and grabbing mud to rub all over Ben. I get that the mud, all slippery, would be sensual to rub all over but, in watching the clip, I really don't see much action behind the words. Perhaps we will see more in what makes the show vs. the preview but, usually, they preview the best that they have. I also know what the enuendo was and Ben certainly laughed at it but, I think sometimes Ashley speaks without thinking how a statement will sound. It did get her in trouble in HK when she told the other guys about the B thing-- she made it sound like they were all 2nd fiddles when in reality, they weren't. JMO based on a few initial viewings of the clip.

GG, I was the one that mentioned this and I'm glad you see what I saw in the clip. Ashley is talking about grabbing more mud-- as it is, she is standing neck deep in the mud and is apparently does not have long enough arms to reach down and grab a good handful of mud-- as soon as she says it, she knows how it sounds and starts laughing.... of course then, so does Ben. She is not saying what is implied.

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I had to go back and read her blog...

Ben's family was one of the families that surprised me the most. In my mind, I thought they were going to be loud, outgoing, and somewhat goofy like Ben. I was so surprised to see that they were quite the opposite. They were sophisticated and conservative. His mother reminded me of Coco Chanel! I was so nervous talking with her and felt somewhat intimidated.

My oh my... Chrystie would be equally surprised.

So now I can't stop laughing thinking about Cyrstie meeting Ames' sophisticated family. That would be television gold. giggling

Now that I would love to see!! Oddly enough, I think they would hit it off! rotfl

agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 55 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum