SELECT CONTENT

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 55 of 55 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 53, 54, 55

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 am

JBF wrote:I have to chuckle. That re-evaluate quote is floating around somewhere in the VO & PI thread. That hometown date is chocked full of foreshadow clues for the finale, since we get to see her family there.

Lots of material from Brad's season has been useful.

The Fantasy Date with Brad has a few “foreshadow hints” directed to JP. With JP, she always remembers to say “we” and “us” since Brad corrected her on her pronoun usage previously. Also, they flew in a small helicopter that date and she was clinging to Brad like she does JP in the seaplane. Her need for "comfort" is also emphasized here. Their joking about Fiji versus New York (and no mention of Maine or Philly) was also foreshadowed with Brad's "Where do we want to live?" and their argument about Austin. In a curious way, every "problem" she had with Brad got resolved rapidly with JP. She is very quick in her decisions.

I seem to remember reading, somewhere out in cyberspace, that Fleiss believes that the reason soap operas are successful is that they have a continuing story line where characters are developed and thread from one episode to another and one year to the next, and that this is the reason he tries to cast someone from a previous show to be lead for the next. So it is no surprise to me that Ashley's story began on B15 and continues through on her show.

This is something to keep in mind for next season; whoever they pick as The Bachelor, if from this show, will continue this show's story into their own show.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Archer23 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

ironcat wrote:And just to reiterate, I have absolutely no problem with her voicing any and all concerns about JP to Ashley in private, after she has conducted her conversation with JP in a gracious and non-hostile manner.
Well said, ironcat! I also don't have any problem that she had concerns about JP. (Frankly, if my brother were The Bachelor, I'd probably have concerns about both women.) But I simply can't fathom being so rude to (1) someone you just met and about whom you know very little, and (2) someone for whom your sister obviously has very strong feelings. I just have to imagine the producers told her to give JP a hard time. They had to do something to stir up drama and introduce a hint of doubt into Ashley and JP's relationship, or else this finale would have been even more of a foregone conclusion. If so, it was really crappy of the producers and Chrystie to interfere in their relationship that way, but maybe they figured the two of them would get through it if they were meant to be.

I was trying to think if I could remember one of the Bachelor/ette's family members ever being so rude to one of the F2 before, and I can't. Off the top of my head, the closet thing I could think of was Andrew Firestone's brother's suspicion of Kirsten. But IIRC, he was never outright rude to her. He was cordial and discussed his feelings with Andrew after the date, as he should have. Are there any other examples that I forgot?

Lucas15 wrote:What's truly remarkable to me is less the physical attraction between them which jumps at me every time I have seen them share the screen, but the emotional connection and an uncanny ability to take an issue one of them has, discuss it openly and honestly, and take that issue from an "I / me" basis to an "us / we" basis and work together to resolve it.
ICAM. There have been other couples on this show that had great chemistry and an undeniable physical attraction, but very few have also had the emotional connection and honesty that Ashley and JP have had. They've both gone out of their way to fill the other in on what was going on during their "journey," and how they were feeling about it. If they continue to do that in the real world, I think they have a great chance of having a long and happy life together.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Archer23 wrote: (snipped) ...it was really crappy of the producers and Chrystie to interfere in their relationship that way, but maybe they figured the two of them would get through it if they were meant to be.
Lucas15 wrote:What's truly remarkable to me is less the physical attraction between them which jumps at me every time I have seen them share the screen, but the emotional connection and an uncanny ability to take an issue one of them has, discuss it openly and honestly, and take that issue from an "I / me" basis to an "us / we" basis and work together to resolve it.
ICAM. There have been other couples on this show that had great chemistry and an undeniable physical attraction, but very few have also had the emotional connection and honesty that Ashley and JP have had. They've both gone out of their way to fill the other in on what was going on during their "journey," and how they were feeling about it. If they continue to do that in the real world, I think they have a great chance of having a long and happy life together.

If in fact TPTB "recruited" Chrystie to throw up these obstacles (and I wouldn't put it past them), it could very possibly be to determine if JP and Ashley have what it takes to overcome obstacles. I don't like how they (if they did) did this but, JP and Ashley seem to have hurdled the obstacle with no difficulty. I agree with you, Lucas and Archer, that the emotional connection between them is what will keep them together and help them in the real world. Never before have we ever been shown a couple that shares this connection, at least during the show. I can only think that this will benefit them so, I guess TPTB can sleep well knowing that in the end the couple passed all the tests and made it through to the end. Hmmm, something to think about!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:11 am

Love_Me wrote:Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 Aaafdsafd

Awwww, Love. That must sting a little to post those pics side-by-side. I know how much you love Ben and he is a terrific guy...I guess just not for Ashley.
:hug: Hugs to you...Bee
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:07 am

Beeleever wrote:
Love_Me wrote:Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 Aaafdsafd

Awwww, Love. That must sting a little to post those pics side-by-side. I know how much you love Ben and he is a terrific guy...I guess just not for Ashley.
Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 1839924927 Hugs to you...Bee

Thanks Bee! You are so sweet. Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 3110612249

I am a little excited that Ben might be the Bachelor, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I am also very happy for Ashley and JP and wish them a life full of love and happiness. Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 55 1295666149
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 55 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 53, 54, 55

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

+89
bluesea
Bhaka
summerluvn
marshavnyd
LuvnIt