SELECT CONTENT

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by noobsleuth Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 am

JBF wrote:

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".

When I read this it made me remember Ashley's blog about how she was nervous to meet JP's family because she wasn't sure they would accept her because she wasn't Jewish and of course they did. I bet this was the convo that she had with Peter that we never got to see. They accepted her as she was... Ilene just wants her boy to be happy. Peter says she would be a welcome addition. JP not being accepted by Chrystie is going to shock him. The idea of such a harsh snap judgment is probably extremely foreign to him. You know the people that are always extremely polite, articulate, intelligent, etc. find it hard to accept when someone doesn't like them and there is really nothing they can do about it. It's frustrating and defeating. And regardless of what Chrystie is saying now I will always feel bad for him and think she handled her opinions terribly. It's called tact.

noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm

noobsleuth wrote:
JBF wrote:

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".

When I read this it made me remember Ashley's blog about how she was nervous to meet JP's family because she wasn't sure they would accept her because she wasn't Jewish and of course they did. I bet this was the convo that she had with Peter that we never got to see. They accepted her as she was... Ilene just wants her boy to be happy. Peter says she would be a welcome addition. JP not being accepted by Chrystie is going to shock him. The idea of such a harsh snap judgment is probably extremely foreign to him. You know the people that are always extremely polite, articulate, intelligent, etc. find it hard to accept when someone doesn't like them and there is really nothing they can do about it. It's frustrating and defeating. And regardless of what Chrystie is saying now I will always feel bad for him and think she handled her opinions terribly. It's called tact.

Yes, it sounds like Chrystie doesn't handle this conversation tactfully with JP but, on the flip side I think its good Ashley has someone standing up for her or atleast speaking up and saying "have you really thought this thru?" We know the Bachelor Bubble is crazy. From Ashley being on before, Chrystie must be aware of some of the manipulations the contestants are put thru. Maybe she just wanted Ashley to take a step back and really think before making this big decision? JP is a big boy. He can handle it! LOL I don't see him letting Ashley walk away from him. Besides, its good to keep the man on his toes! :giggle: IMHO, JP has found quite a treasure in Ashley.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Love_Me wrote:Sometimes I feel the F2's know they are not going to end up with the lead so their final dates and Vo's seem forced and scripted.

Ben must have felt confident enough that if he did purpose Ashley would say yes. I see no other reason why he would go through that if he felt he was not the F1. JMHO

ITA, LoveMe.

Considering we've seen approximately 10 mins of the hours from each date it's probably safe to assume that there are reasons Ben is so confident and I doubt it's because he's in total denial. He may not know the degree of Ashley's feelings for JP but he does know what she's like with him. I think part of it is not knowing that you can't take what the lead says at face value in this crazy show. I also wish we had seen Ashley reminding Ben that she has decisions to make instead of going along with some of his comments like her mom coming to visit on the holidays. Even I was surprised to hear Ashley say that she was most nervous at meeting Ben's mom which I'm sure he took as more confirmation. Unfortunately Ben doesn't appear to have watched the show and his sister may be more of a casual viewer than we are so unfortunately wasn't wise to the ways of the evil Fleiss. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 pm

I think at this point in time, it would behoove any contestant who is going on this show to do research about it before they sign on the dotted line. It's all out there, all they have to do is look to see what they are getting themselves into.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Aw gosh! Thanks for the compliments! Came back here and saw this thread stretch after my last post. (Now I'm gonna get all shy.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by bluesea Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 pm

JBF wrote:Aw gosh! Thanks for the compliments! Came back here and saw this thread stretch after my last post. (Now I'm gonna get all shy.)

Love that comment giggling
bluesea
bluesea

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Samantharose wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:
JBF wrote:

Yes, it sounds like Chrystie doesn't handle this conversation tactfully with JP but, on the flip side I think its good Ashley has someone standing up for her or atleast speaking up and saying "have you really thought this thru?" We know the Bachelor Bubble is crazy. From Ashley being on before, Chrystie must be aware of some of the manipulations the contestants are put thru. Maybe she just wanted Ashley to take a step back and really think before making this big decision? JP is a big boy. He can handle it! LOL I don't see him letting Ashley walk away from him. Besides, its good to keep the man on his toes! :giggle: IMHO, JP has found quite a treasure in Ashley.

That is the problem that I have with what Chrystie said. You just met the guy and their is NOTHING he can do to change you mind? (even though he finally did) Talk about being close minded. I don't have a problem with challenging her sister, but what she did to JP is unacceptable and in poor taste IMO. Oh well, it's all water under the bring since JP was able to change her mind after all. Go JP!!

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 pm

GrahamGal wrote:
Samantharose wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:
JBF wrote:

That is the problem that I have with what Chrystie said. You just met the guy and their is NOTHING he can do to change you mind? (even though he finally did) Talk about being close minded. I don't have a problem with challenging her sister, but what she did to JP is unacceptable and in poor taste IMO. Oh well, it's all water under the bring since JP was able to change her mind after all. Go JP!!

ICAM. I don't care if JP told Chrystie he planned for him and Ashley to live in a cardboard box on the George Washington Bridge, a gracious and tactful person, would say, "oh, really?", and then when she got her sister alone would lower the boom on her. Instead, she made a snap judgment of him based on a superficial and highly orchestrated meeting, immediately put him on the defensive as if he had just been arrested for a crime, and then told him that no matter what he said to defend himself, her mind was made up against him. If that's not a biotch, I don't know what is. I hope she feels her 15 minutes of fame was worth it, and she's damn lucky that her future brother-in-law is, unlike her it seems, a forgiving and empathetic person.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Bronwyn wrote:I think at this point in time, it would behoove any contestant who is going on this show to do research about it before they sign on the dotted line. It's all out there, all they have to do is look to see what they are getting themselves into.

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 3878279759 Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 1003998638 Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 2711063196 Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 53 3287381265
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 pm

JBF wrote:Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday.

As soon as I saw the previews where it first appeared that Ashley's family didn't approve of her F1 choice, I went on a search for a clip of her HTD on Brad's season. Brad's season was important to me because it was filmed and edited and shown before her show started filming, and I figured would not have been edited knowing what would happen at the end of her own show. Ashley specifically said this on her HTD:

I'm feeling the closest I've ever felt to being in love with Brad but if my parents were to be, you know, hesitant about, it I would definitely take a step back and kind of re-evaluate the situation.

What's interesting to me about this is that she doesn't say she wouldn't make a choice that went against her parents, only that she would re-evaluate. I suspect as the finale plays out that's exactly what we're going to see her do.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes her to get Jordan involved in this re-evaluation.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
JBF wrote:Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday.

As soon as I saw the previews where it first appeared that Ashley's family didn't approve of her F1 choice, I went on a search for a clip of her HTD on Brad's season. Brad's season was important to me because it was filmed and edited and shown before her show started filming, and I figured would not have been edited knowing what would happen at the end of her own show. Ashley specifically said this on her HTD:

I'm feeling the closest I've ever felt to being in love with Brad but if my parents were to be, you know, hesitant about, it I would definitely take a step back and kind of re-evaluate the situation.

What's interesting to me about this is that she doesn't say she wouldn't make a choice that went against her parents, only that she would re-evaluate. I suspect as the finale plays out that's exactly what we're going to see her do.

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes her to get Jordan involved in this re-evaluation.

I agree Lucas, and, based on the previews of them walking along the beach, I don't think she'll wait too long. In fact, it is my speculation that after she has her conversation with her sister, she'll come out and JP will have finished speaking with her dad and Ashley will say: you want to go for a walk? And then they will debrief. I think that JP's conversation (with sis) will occur after Ashley and he speak and he will have some idea that the sister is being negative. I think that he thinks he'll be able to win her over but when she says: nope, that's what I think -period- that is when we will see JP get emotional and teary. I could be wrong about it but, that is how i expect it to play out (at least if I were writing it!).

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 pm

ironcat wrote:
GrahamGal wrote:
Samantharose wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:
JBF wrote:

ICAM. I don't care if JP told Chrystie he planned for him and Ashley to live in a cardboard box on the George Washington Bridge, a gracious and tactful person, would say, "oh, really?", and then when she got her sister alone would lower the boom on her. Instead, she made a snap judgment of him based on a superficial and highly orchestrated meeting, immediately put him on the defensive as if he had just been arrested for a crime, and then told him that no matter what he said to defend himself, her mind was made up against him. If that's not a biotch, I don't know what is. I hope she feels her 15 minutes of fame was worth it, and she's damn lucky that her future brother-in-law is, unlike her it seems, a forgiving and empathetic person.

Whoa! I take it you feel pretty strongly about this?! LOL My point wasn't to get you all riled up. I was just pointing out another perspective and keeping in mind what we see has been highly edited and tweeked for optimum ratings via Fleiss and his magic editing wand.

How many of us board members made snap judgements based off his promo pic?
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

+89
bluesea
Bhaka
summerluvn
marshavnyd
LuvnIt