SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Page 18 of 74 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 46 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by booty Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

photos of jp talking with the ladies individually has been released on Ghettys Images. I don't know how to bring them.
booty
booty

Female Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by chloep Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Figured I'd post all these and just add on later..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm

JP will be playing in a testimonial match for Brian Ching of Houston Dynamo who is retiring. Yikes, I hope he is up to it. I am sure he will be a bencher warmer, putting in five minutes playing time.

Juan Pablo Galavis™ ‏@JuanPaGalavis 4h
An HONOR RT @HoustonDynamo A fun one added to the @BrianChing Testimonial, @JuanPaGalavis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  #ForeverChing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 am

What I am most excited for this season is a performance by Josh Krajcik.  I wonder what he will sing. Could it be this song or a song from new stuff that I have heard that he has written. I do think this song would be appropriate. It was a bonus track on his last album.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:57 pm

From Monday's conference call:

'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis: I'm very happy, I wanted an independent woman.
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 12/16/2013

The Bachelor's eighteenth season starring Juan Pablo Galavis will premiere on Monday, January 6 at 8PM ET/PT on ABC.

The identities of Juan Pablo's 27 bachelorettes have been revealed, and the show's premiere will begin with the 32-year-old single dad from Miami, FL, arriving at the Malibu mansion to meet and get acquainted with the ladies.

Juan Pablo previously competed on Desiree Hartsock's ninth edition of The Bachelorette but failed to win her heart. He left the season fairly early on but became a clear fan-favorite shortly after his departure from the show.

During a Monday conference call with reporters, Juan Pablo talked about his upcoming season and what viewers can expect. Below is what he had to tell Reality TV World. Check back with us soon for more from The Bachelor star's interview.

Reality TV World: Did you find love during your season on The Bachelor? Did you walk away with a fiancee?

Juan Pablo Galavis: You have to watch it in March! That's part of it. I wish I could tell you, but I'm very happy. I'm a happy guy. I'm always happy. And you'll see in March. You'll call me back and let me know how I made out.

Reality TV World: During your introductory clips, it seemed like you're looking to find a girl who will move to Miami, be a stepmom to your daughter, and hopefully be a mom to a couple or a few more kids. So does that mean you weren't interested in an independent girl who was focused on building her career and maybe not looking to have kids within the next few years? And was moving to Miami a deal-breaker for you or were you open to moving to wherever your love might live?

Juan Pablo Galavis: On the moving part, I don't like Miami! I don't like Miami that much. I don't like the weather, so, and I travel a lot. So that's why I'm based in Miami, but I do travel a lot.

But definitely, I want somebody very independent career-wise. I respect a lot what a person does for a living and I want to have kids right away, but if I'm with somebody and she's like, "Listen, I have my career, this and that," I understand it.

It's not like, "No! No! I want kids right now!" No, no. I respect that a lot because I love people when they respect what I do for a living, you know? If somebody's an architect, if you have to work in Dubai for two weeks and her career is getting bigger and bigger, I will respect that 100%. And whenever we're ready, we'll be ready to have kids.

And Miami, I'll do whatever. Honestly, I have to find somewhere that it can be easier for me to do what I do for a living and maybe for that person, what she does for a living too. It's got to be a conversation and a couple's decision at the end of the day.

Reality TV World: Would you say that your first impressions of a lot of the ladies were pretty accurate based on how they acted throughout the season or were you surprised about what you learned about some of them as time went on?

Juan Pablo Galavis: I wouldn't judge a person on a first impression. I don't judge first impressions at all, because I didn't do something but I could've done some weird things too and it's not me, you know, just to be funny. So, it's hard to think, "Oh, because you did this, you're going to be this way." No.

I would've done a double flip and taken my shirt off maybe like [Zak Waddell] did, but that's not me. I would've done it because I thought it was funny. So I wouldn't judge a first impression.

Reality TV World: What were you thinking and feeling when the very first limo pulled up? What was going through your mind?

Juan Pablo Galavis: "Aye yi yi, Juan Pablo, what's going to happen here?" That's what I said. And then the first limo comes up and I'm like, "Oh my gosh. The first limo's on fire." And then the second one, I was like, "Oh my gosh. I'm in trouble."

And then with the third one, I forgot already who the first girl was. So it was overwhelming, crazy. It's just a weird night, you know? It was such a weird night because you get to meet all these people. And how do you keep up with all of them? It was hard, very hard.

Reality TV World: Most of the girls during Ben Flajnik's The Bachelor season really disliked Courtney Robertson and kept saying he'd be foolish to pick her in the end. Jake Pavelka also experienced a similar situation with Vienna Girardi, who was kind of the villain in his season. But both guys ended up picking those girls. So how much weight, if any, did you put on how the girls interacted with and got along with one another? If girls confronted you about someone in particular, would you put any stock in their claims?

Juan Pablo Galavis: Yeah, I don't like tattle-tellers, you know? And I like people that worry about themselves, just themselves, like I do. I don't care about if [Ben Scott] said this, or the other guys did that, or [James Case] said to [Michael Garofola] -- I just didn't care. I just worried about me and her, and I was just looking for a girl that worried about herself.

If they wanted to tell me something, I was like, "Whatever." I don't pay attention to that. And at the end, whatever they say or whatever happened or not, it just doesn't matter to me. I don't care what people say, you know? I just care about what I say and what I feel and how I feel.

Reality TV World: You clearly had expectations and qualities you were looking for in your bachelorettes when filming began. But did those qualities and expectations actually change as the season went on? Did you want certain things in the beginning and then, as the show progressed, you realized those things had changed or you found other qualities more important?

Juan Pablo Galavis: It was more before the show. I've dated girls because I go on the dance floor. So when people tell me, "Oh man, it's so hard to" -- "It's impossible to meet a guy at a club or a great girl at a club," I'm like, "Well, it has happened to me all my life."

I happen to find people, good people, at a club because I like dancing. It's what I like. So it was before the show. And I'd think, "Well okay, this is not going to happen, and this and that, and be smart about it." I was prepared before the show.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 am

I did not understand half that interview and had to keep going back to re-read because it just does not make sense....and this is reading and me having the time to go back and try to figure out what he said/mean. Lord help us when we are just watching the show and trying to understand him in the moment. I have a feeling this will be a loooooooooooooooong season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am

I'm definitely not watching. His speech patterns are annoying.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

i understand him pretty well lol. it's not the english we learn in school or were taught, more-so broken english, but it's not bad to be honest. its like learning a new language- you know some words and fill in the spaces the words you dont know to get the whole picture/idea whats been said/etc.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm

RealitySteve breaks down the 1st episode:

Every year, the first episode of the “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” is released to the media (minus the rose ceremony footage for spoiling purposes) so they can write their review. And for the last four seasons, I guess you could say I’ve been “lucky” enough to get a hold of this episode. Don’t ask me how. I think it’s magic or something. Anyway, we’re less than 3 weeks away from Juan Pablo’s season beginning as we’ve all seen the commercials running for the last couple weeks. Not to mention, the four Sunday night shows they’ll be running in Juan-uary to stuff your face with as much “Bachelor” related programming that is most definitely overkill. All the Sunday night shows on the 5th, 12th, and 19th are one hour, with Sean & Catherine’s wedding on the 26th being two hours. Your recap for the first episode will come on Tuesday the 7th per usual, but just to hold you over until then, I can give you some of the basics of what you’ll see come Monday, Juan-uary 6th:

-The Sunday night show on the 5th I think is mostly going to center around footage of Juan Pablo & Camila in Miami and the girls that got surprised by Chris Harrison and producers with roses to let them know they were on the show. The fact that the first episode shows 9 girls’ intro videos (which is standard for the first episode) makes me think we won’t be seeing any intro videos of the girls on the 5th. We’ll see.

-Episode starts with your basic footage of Juan Pablo in his hometown of Miami playing with Camila and talking about his life. Then shows him in LA moving into his house and hanging out at Santa Monica Pier with Camila doing daddy/daughter things. His parents and Camila lived in LA the entire time he was filming there.

-One minor correction to be made on the spoilers. I said that Sean & Catherine visited after night one to talk to him about the journey. Actually it’s just Sean, and he talks to him before night one about what to expect. Basic stuff.

-There are 9 intro videos shown: Chelsie, Renee, Andi, Amy J, Nikki, Lauren H, Valerie, Lacy, and Clare. So if you’re scoring at home, of the 9 that got intro videos its: the final four, four girls that got booted night one, and Chelsie. Odd mix. I know that’s the first time that all 4 of the final four got their intro videos shown in the first episode. You know what that means? Absolutely nothing. Just pointing it out.

-You already know about some of the limo exit shenanigans. I will say that this had to be the least creative limo exits they’ve ever had. A LOT of girls did nothing. Just got out, introduced themselves, gave a hug, said their name, told him they were excited, then went in. Good. After 27 seasons now of limo exits, it’s basically impossible to do something creative or funny.

-Amy L. is the first one they show out of the limo (even though she wasn’t the actual first one out), and Andi is the last one they show. Sharleen is second to last and her side boob was on full display.

-Once inside, Juan Pablo breaks out a little music and they have a quick group dance. There’s also a photo booth where the girls get in and take silly pictures.

-When the cocktail party starts, the girls who get their 1-on-1 time with him shown are: Nikki (the first girl we see him with), Renee, Lucy, Amy J, Chelsie (in the photo booth), Elise, Lauren H, Andi, and Sharleen.

-Honestly, there is really nothing major that happens at the cocktail party at all. The biggest focus, and probably what most people will be talking about the next day, is Lauren H. She’s the one previously engaged who had her fiancé dump her just weeks before the wedding. So basically every shot of her at the cocktail party, and every ITM, is of her crying and them just harping on what the broken engagement has done to her confidence. It kinda sucks. She will probably be crucified by the public and be the crying, blubbering girl from night one that everyone remembers.

-The only other noteworthy thing to happen is Sharleen getting the first impression rose. This chick is awesome. Basically, she doesn’t seem to give a sh** about Juan Pablo and is shocked he’s even giving her the rose (my guess it was the side boob). She’s the only girl in the mansion that doesn’t speak in clichés. Even accepting the first impression rose, she’s reluctant. Says “our connection seemed a little forced.” Then drops the doozy of, “Either I feel something or I don’t. Still a little early for me.” As opposed to every other girl that’s coached to say how great the lead is when they’re meeting him for the very first time and really don’t know sh** about him. So now we pretty much already see Sharleen’s storyline developing and why she ends up leaving on her own in Miami. She obviously was never really that into him.

-Of the 9 girls eliminated on the first night, I’d say Lauren H and Kylie probably get the most camera time. Kylie mostly ITM’s and Lauren, well, a lot of crying. A lot.

-I’d say overall the girls who get the least amount of camera time once the cocktail party starts that I can remember are: Christine, Victoria, Chantel, Cassandra, Kelly, Lauren S, Val, Christy, and Alexis.

-I cannot say this enough: This episode is EXACTLY the same as the previous 26 first episodes they’ve had. There is absolutely nothing different about it, the two hours flow just like all the other ones, there’s very little drama, and it’s basically just an introduction to everyone. They’ll hype it up and people will say all these things about how great it is, blah blah blah but it’s the same thing as all other first episodes. Until the promo for the whole season airs, that’s when you’ll be able to tell about where some of the edits are leaning. Like Nikki comes across as completely normal and likable in her intro video and her 1-on-1 talk with him at the cocktail party. I’m guessing that’ll last one episode based on the fact that she’s the most unlikable girl in the house. It’s easy to edit her that way in episode 1 when you don’t have to show her interacting with anyone.

-Clare will probably come across as a fan favorite just based on her intro video talking about her dad that died a year ago and left behind a DVD that she has yet to watch which she says she’ll show to her future husband.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

For anyone interested, I just read the EW article with Chris Harrison's 5 to Watch.  He listed Cassandra, Clare, Elise, Lucy Aragon and Sharleen, with Clare and Sharleen described in the most glowing terms. I don't think it had been posted on here yet.

I found it interesting Andi wasn't included since they are usually already spinning the story line on their next hopeful leads in this blurb.  

--- found a link to it  

Last edited by relaxing on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA)

Back to top Go down

Post by booty Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I can't see the article. :(
booty
booty

Female Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 am

This is why I love Zak W. and really wish he was the new bachelor!  giggling 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 74 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 46 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

+129
ImeldaMarcos
treatmom4
LibbyBell
Bashful
JesseJames24