SELECT CONTENT

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 am

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:21 am

The other Edit thread will be back in the archive Forum eventually. It reached 40 pages and some posts need to be deleted.

Please, take the time to read the rules we have here.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:39 am

I rewatched the HTD preview from the end of the last episode and noticed that the 'narrator' for each date was the man EXCEPT for Des' date with Chris where Des was the 'narrator.'  New to the world of editing and what it could mean... so, have we seen this type of edit before?  does it have any special meaning?
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 am

SueSt wrote:I rewatched the HTD preview from the end of the last episode and noticed that the 'narrator' for each date was the man EXCEPT for Des' date with Chris where Des was the 'narrator.'  New to the world of editing and what it could mean... so, have we seen this type of edit before?  does it have any special meaning?

it gives more "personal" impression of the lead, since viewers will get to know what the lead's thinking about the guy and his fam she was spoken over. From what i know it usually was given to the F1. Maybe Prof. JBF could help us here.....:WAVEY:

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 pm

What I thought was interesting was the play on words here:

http://www.eonline.com/news/438436/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-desiree-worries-brooks-isn-t-ready-for-marriage-watch

“Knowing how much Brook’s family’s opinion means to him, I really need their approval.”

In this preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL_Nq54j1Cc

"It is important for Chris' family to love me because they can have influence on how he feels."
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:33 pm

JBF wrote:What I thought was interesting was the play on words here:

http://www.eonline.com/news/438436/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-desiree-worries-brooks-isn-t-ready-for-marriage-watch

“Knowing how much Brook’s family’s opinion means to him, I really need their approval.”

"It is important for Chris' family to love me because they can have influence on how he feels."

first link: totally appears she is talking abut "him" as Brooks, the PI where she says the words "I really need their approval" she is in the same clothes for the date.

second link: there is no telling who Des is really talking about... the words sound spliced and we don't see Des saying this.  she says it like... it's important space for Chris' family space to love me space space they can have an influence on how he feels.  

so far there has been no question about Chris's family, he said he was sure they would love her and he has already told her that he loves her.  Drew had said on their last date that his family would love to meet her, and he told her he was falling in love with her.  the only one where there is a question as to how he is really feeling is Brooks... and he said on his last date that taking her to meet his family was a huge deal, and it took him time before he said he wanted her to meet them.  And even then, she said "are you sure you want me to meet them?" his is the family that she needs to love her to have an influence on how Brooks tells her how he feels

btw... hello JBF handwave
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Howdy! I guess there are many ways to interpret those lines... and there's no telling what lop and chop is involved.

... and it is interesting that all of Chris' scenes have HER narrating instead of him.

We are all fussy about details, details, details...

Anybody want to search youtube for past Bachelor/ette hometown "previews" to compare how the past F1s, F2s, etc. are shown? Does the lead speak over one contestant and not the others? Is there a certain sequence? Are there key hugging shots with F1 parents each season? Questions questions questions for those who like to look for patterns.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 pm

latergator wrote:
JBF wrote:What I thought was interesting was the play on words here:

first link: totally appears she is talking abut "him" as Brooks, the PI where she says the words "I really need their approval" she is in the same clothes for the date.

second link: there is no telling who Des is really talking about... the words sound spliced and we don't see Des saying this.  she says it like... it's important space for Chris' family space to love me space space they can have an influence on how he feels.  

so far there has been no question about Chris's family, he said he was sure they would love her and he has already told her that he loves her.  Drew had said on their last date that his family would love to meet her, and he told her he was falling in love with her.  the only one where there is a question as to how he is really feeling is Brooks... and he said on his last date that taking her to meet his family was a huge deal, and it took him time before he said he wanted her to meet them.  And even then, she said "are you sure you want me to meet them?" his is the family that she needs to love her to have an influence on how Brooks tells her how he feels

btw... hello JBF handwave

Brooks said in his PI in Madeira, ..there's no way I'm going to know if I'm going to start running to the finish line without her meeting my family.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:23 pm

JBF wrote:Howdy! I guess there are many ways to interpret those lines... and there's no telling what lop and chop is involved.

... and it is interesting that all of Chris' scenes have HER narrating instead of him.

Anybody want to search youtube for past Bachelor/ette hometown "previews" to compare how the past F1s, F2s, etc. are shown? Does the lead speak over one contestant and not the others? Is there a certain sequence? Are there key hugging shots with F1 parents each season? Questions questions questions for those who like to look for patterns.

Per your boded comments, I mentioned this yesterday and asked whether there was any precedence for this... so I guess great minds... etc... :-)
One other thing I noticed is aside from Des' PI about Drew's kissing skills, that there are virtually no PIs from Des about Drew. This was particularly noticeable to me in the last episode at the race track. No comments from Des about how Drew's declaration of falling in love made her feel. Makes me wonder, since it seems obvious that Drew has been hidden for much of the season whether her comments would reveal too much. Certainly her body language around Drew is not hiding much! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:25 pm

SueSt wrote:
JBF wrote:Howdy! I guess there are many ways to interpret those lines... and there's no telling what lop and chop is involved.

Per your boded comments, I mentioned this yesterday and asked whether there was any precedence for this... so I guess great minds... etc... :-)
One other thing I noticed is aside from Des' PI about Drew's kissing skills, that there are virtually no PIs from Des about Drew.  This was particularly noticeable to me in the last episode at the race track.  No comments from Des about how Drew's declaration of falling in love made her feel.  Makes me wonder, since it seems obvious that Drew has been hidden for much of the season whether her comments would reveal too much.  Certainly her body language around Drew is not hiding much!  :-)

I agree.

Drew seems to be narrating not only the overall story but specifically his story.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:29 pm

nd4reality wrote:
SueSt wrote:

One other thing I noticed is aside from Des' PI about Drew's kissing skills, that there are virtually no PIs from Des about Drew.  This was particularly noticeable to me in the last episode at the race track.  No comments from Des about how Drew's declaration of falling in love made her feel.  Makes me wonder, since it seems obvious that Drew has been hidden for much of the season whether her comments would reveal too much.  Certainly her body language around Drew is not hiding much!  :-)

I agree.

Drew seems to be narrating not only the overall story but specifically his story.

That's interesting ND... and I know you've commented on Drew's narration before. I was focused more on the lack of PIs from Des when she's with Drew... as compared to when she's with Brooks and Chris... It seems to me (although I haven't made a science of it) that she PIs much more often with Brooks and Chris.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 pm

SueSt - I have no clue what that means but it is something I noticed. And yes except for her talking about his kissing she doesn't do PIs for Drew.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+28
richmondrose
Kashathediva
timfan
Tiggerlgh
pander3575