SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Page 22 of 83 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 52 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 pm

SueSt wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
SueSt wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
nutty1 wrote:And if they are going to present it as "Brooks went back home to talk with his family" and came back reassured, why the big switch again?? Why the drama?
What if CH and Bach crew found out some dirt on Brooks and it is Chris that confronts Brooks on it and says that he needs to tell Des??

ok, you piqued my interest.... what are you thinking??
What if there is a past girlfriend that is coming out of the woodworks with something to say, or something else that Brooks hasn't told Des that could really affect their relationship.  That could be why the line from CH about really having to tell Des something.  Just something isn't jiving right with the concept of having doubts and having to leave.  There is something more to this story that we just don't have the puzzle pieces to yet.

interesting, feasible... hmmmmm....
but an admission like a prior girlfriend would certainly thwart any return, right?.... if you believe the spoilers...
To me, there is something more going on than just having doubts. What it is right now, who knows.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Post by Sprite Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
SueSt wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:So now Millsy is liking Drew?  
I'm not as optimistic.  :-)  More likely polling whether viewers would like Drew as next Bachelor.

I'd like to think he got his hand smacked for all his other tweets.

DITTO.

I hope so. That stuff was beyond mean, particularly to a contestant that cannot defend himself publically because of the contract he signed.

I hope Drew does the ATFR and then has nothing more to do with these ding-bats.

Sorry to be so late to this but I just got back from a mini vacation. I admit I'm bored and only half watching this season and not following the board all that closely, but, what are these tweets that you are all talking about? Can someone please do a little summary? Please and thank you in advance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Derogatory tweets were made by Robt Millsy in reference to Drew, some were retweeted tweets made from others in Bachnation or other celebs. Basically, poor taste exhibited in social media.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Duplicate post

Last edited by 2observe on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:09 pm

nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:
I'm not as optimistic.  :-)  More likely polling whether viewers would like Drew as next Bachelor.

I don't get the feeling that Drew is in consideration as the next Bachelor, at all. His edit on the show, the 'producers' social media behaviour etc, doesn't indicate that. I mean, I haven't seen any one of the producers post pictures of him on his dates or alone time with the lead, as they usually do for the finalists. They could have been highlighting his body, as they did for Sean, but they haven't. Heck, he even gets a road-trip (no abs) date in Antigua!

Exactly. We would have seen much more of Drew other than in PIs etc. He would have been showcased a lot more.
It does make me curious why he got a no abs date though. Not saying that Chris' body is not as good - it is amazing but Drews is pretty up there in terms of being one of the best this show has had. Yet zippo in the previews.
I'm beginning to think that Drew is going to do something that TPTB/Des didn't like doing his exit. That might explain why Drew has gotten such a "hidden/forgotten edit.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I don't get the feeling that Drew is in consideration as the next Bachelor, at all. His edit on the show, the 'producers' social media behaviour etc, doesn't indicate that. I mean, I haven't seen any one of the producers post pictures of him on his dates or alone time with the lead, as they usually do for the finalists. They could have been highlighting his body, as they did for Sean, but they haven't. Heck, he even gets a road-trip (no abs) date in Antigua!

Exactly. We would have seen much more of Drew other than in PIs etc. He would have been showcased a lot more.
It does make me curious why he got a no abs date though. Not saying that Chris' body is not as good - it is amazing but Drews is pretty up there in terms of being one of the best this show has had. Yet zippo in the previews.
I'm beginning to think that Drew is going to do something that TPTB/Des didn't like doing his exit.  That might explain why Drew has gotten such a "hidden/forgotten edit.  

I hope not, but I think I could understand he might.  Drew fell hard for Des, and he sees/saw himself of the protector. Des is an independent woman, and I believe she does not necessarily see relationships like that.  I like Drew, but my feelings about him through the show so far was that of a hurt young man that was himself in need of protection.  I think he was more affected by his upbringing than he is admitting to.  I see that often when young men and women are asked to take on adult responsibilities way too early (coming home from school and taking care of his sister, living with an alcoholic parent, making excuses for parents bad behaviors, etc).  hopefully he did nothing to really embarrass himself and that he is in a good spot now.
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:48 pm

latergator wrote:
2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I'm beginning to think that Drew is going to do something that TPTB/Des didn't like doing his exit.  That might explain why Drew has gotten such a "hidden/forgotten edit.  

I hope not, but I think I could understand he might.  Drew fell hard for Des, and he sees/saw himself of the protector. Des is an independent woman, and I believe she does not necessarily see relationships like that.  I like Drew, but my feelings about him through the show so far was that of a hurt young man that was himself in need of protection.  I think he was more affected by his upbringing than he is admitting to.  I see that often when young men and women are asked to take on adult responsibilities way too early (coming home from school and taking care of his sister, living with an alcoholic parent, making excuses for parents bad behaviors, etc).  hopefully he did nothing to really embarrass himself and that he is in a good spot now.

I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding him embarrassing himself. Think about who we are dealing with...Fleiss and company would throw their grandmas under the bus if it meant ratings. They would have been flaunting this all season long. So, I'm not worried. Yes, I think Drew "hides behind" his smile, much as Des does. There are far worse ways to handle life. He seems in touch with himself and his feelings. I don't think he shares everything with those not close to him, but he is not in any kind of denial. If anything, I found his whole family to have open, healthy conversations about what life has dealt them. If you have seen any recent photos of Drew I'd say he's in a great place right now and ready to embark on another life adventure.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:10 pm

nd4reality wrote:
nutty1 wrote:We know the horseback ride is NOT the FD for Drew, so here are the unanswered questions. I don't think we have any screen cap (or other) proof to really answer them. So concerning the horseback date…..

Was Brooks gone and hadn't returned yet?? So it was a normal LCD?
Did she keep 3 guys after Brooks returned???
Was it an extra date to help her decide, and she let Drew go then??
Did she even let Drew go then??

I would love to speculate but seeing that the board is frowning apon any scenario that does not end up with Brooks' triumphant return I'm not going to bother. Particuarly since we have no SCs or for that matter any real evidence of what takes place from the time they rode those horses.
We were given 2 previews with that scene and both gave a completely different and opposite impression of what could have been taking place there.

I would love to hear your speculation. They help me think of something I haven't thought of. Although I think Brooks is the F1 cause they are focuses too much on him, with pacing, upset crying and him opening that door. Too much attention on someone who leaves and don't return.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:48 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
latergator wrote:
2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding him embarrassing himself.  Think about who we are dealing with...Fleiss and company would throw their grandmas under the bus if it meant ratings.  They would have been flaunting this all season long.  So, I'm not worried.  Yes, I think Drew "hides behind" his smile, much as Des does.  There are far worse ways to handle life.  He seems in touch with himself and his feelings.  I don't think he shares everything with those not close to him, but he is not in any kind of denial.  If anything, I found his whole family to have open, healthy conversations about what life has dealt them.  If you have seen any recent photos of Drew I'd say he's in a great place right now and ready to embark on another life adventure.

I agree I don't think Drew would do anything hurtful in any case. It just doesn't seem like him although clearly none of us really know him. A lot of people had tough situations in their childhoods (including me) and it does play it's part in the tapestry of your life but I don't feel it has to be a negative. Drew seems to have a wonderful, loving family so he's one of the lucky ones and probably why he's turned out to be such a sweet, caring guy.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:30 pm

2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

or they hid Drew because he's the F1 and they want his 'winning' to be more dramatic????
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 pm

latergator wrote:
2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I definitely agree that Des is an independent person. But I also see Drew as similarly independent. As far a being Des’ protector, aside from the James issue, I actually thought Chris was more sensitive to Des’ feelings than Drew … Interestingly, when Drew kisses Des she’s happy to let him lead (“I’m there and I’m his”).

I also agree that there is some part of Drew that’s very child-like(soooooooo attractive)… and maybe you’re right that it’s somehow a reflection of unresolved issues from his childhood, but I also see him as very capable and very focused. I don’t worry that he’s going to embarrass himself at all, Drew also seems very mature and in control of his thoughts and his actions and so I anticipate that the upcoming emotional issues between he and Des will be resolved in a thoughtful way.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:07 pm

SueSt wrote:
latergator wrote:
2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
julychild wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I definitely agree that Des is an independent person.  But I also see Drew as similarly independent.  As far a being Des’ protector, aside from the James issue, I actually thought Chris was more sensitive to Des’ feelings than Drew …   Interestingly, when Drew kisses Des she’s happy to let him lead (“I’m there and I’m his”).

I also agree that there is some part of Drew that’s very child-like(soooooooo attractive)… and maybe you’re right that it’s somehow a reflection of unresolved issues from his childhood, but I also see him as very capable and very focused.  I don’t worry that he’s going to embarrass himself at all, Drew also seems very mature and in control of his thoughts and his actions and so I anticipate that the upcoming emotional issues between he and Des will be resolved in a thoughtful way.

Sue, when looking back over the shows, all of the 3 guys had stuff to say about things that went down and how it might affect Des.  on several occasions, Drew was portrayed as her protector.  his PI's included things like so and so is not here for the right reason, I need to look out for Desiree's happiness (paraphrasing here), but the theme as I saw it was protector.  

Chris had plenty to say, he had stuff to say about the girlfriend-gate with at guy, and he was involved in that James/Mikey stuff as far as being verbal about they were not here for love, they needed to go and had much to say about Bryden leaving. I have only caught one or two comments from Brooks regarding the events that took place, and the one I remember most was when Bryden wanted to leave, and Brooks said in a VO, if you want to go then just pack your bags and leave (again paraphrasing).  

this all made me conclude that Drew was more of the protector of Des.  so in a round about way, that also leads me to believe that if the stuff goes down between him and Des like I think it will, and she confesses that although Brooks has stated he can't possibly continue and give her what she wants, but she loves him and wants him to stay, I think Drew will try to show her that this is not good for her, that he would be better and would never hurt her.  I think he will get frustrated with her, he will want to protect her from herself, but wont be able to.  thus I think it is him who decides to leave, not Brooks.

just my opinion... and yes Drew is a sweetie pie.  but I get a sense of wanting to hug him until he relaxes.
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 83 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 52 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

+113
cfck2222
happy2bme
kebarrera
black_tears
Mustang19