SELECT CONTENT

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Page 3 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Post by brittany4400 Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

mercieme wrote:Des's People Mag Blog the commentaries so far are saying defintiely she picked the better fit for her, Chris:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Former Bachelor contestant Desiree Hartsock is calling the shots and handing out the roses as the current star of The Bachelorette. The bridal stylist will blog all season long on PEOPLE.com about her dates, the guys and the difficult decisions she must make. You can also follow Desiree on Twitter.

I want to start by thanking everyone who watched my journey to find love this season on The Bachelorette. It is a challenging and emotional position to be in so I can't express how grateful I am for the love and support from my family, friends and viewers. I appreciate the encouraging words from many and the understanding that love can be unpredictable.

My relationship with Drew flourished in affection and through in-depth conversation. I enjoyed seeing the compassion and love he had in his heart and the sincerity that showed through his eyes. After our last date in Antigua, I felt like our relationship didn't move forward and I started to question if we were right for each other. He has so many qualities I was looking for in a partner but I had to put qualities aside and see if I could really picture our future together. It was extremely difficult for me to say goodbye to Drew because I cared deeply for him and never wanted to hurt him. I knew the decision I had to make in order to put my focus on Chris. True and Lasting Love
I was given a rare and beautiful opportunity to find true and lasting love – and I found it with Chris. Our time in Antigua was so incredible. The moments we shared will last a lifetime. That last date was something truly special. When he handed me that journal and expressed again how he felt, I never felt so loved and I knew I wanted to love him the way he deserved for eternity. It gave me so much hope to realize what was in front of me all along – the love he show through it all.

MORE: The New Bachelor Is Juan Pablo Galavis!

To have Chris meet my family was one of the happiest days of my life. I knew that they would take a liking to him right away and was excited to have everyone's approval, including my brother's. I didn't just introduce my family to Chris – I introduced them to the man of my dreams and the man I would become engaged to.
The Proposal
The proposal from Chris will be one of the most defining moments of my life. I was nervous to tell him everything I needed to say but if I wanted our relationship to last, I would have to start with honesty. He looked so nervous walking towards me and at the same time incredibly dashing, so right away I wanted to scream, "YES! I will marry you!" But, of course, he would have to ask me first. I wasn't sure what he was going to say but once I told him everything and he kissed me, I knew that he wouldn't let that get in the way of what we had.

As Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I had no doubts in my mind that I wanted to marry this man. Saying yes and telling him I loved him for the first time was so surreal and a feeling I could never duplicate. I was overcome with joy and happiness. The ring is the most stunning thing I have ever seen but the meaning behind it is even more beautiful.

RELATED: Can't Get Enough of The Bachelorette? Read Chris Harrison's blog on EW.com

I could go on for days telling you all of the great things about Chris but I'm pretty sure you already saw all of those things while watching. He had my attention that first night with his quirky down-on-one-knee entrance and from there our relationship began to blossom naturally and effortlessly. We connected immediately once we had time alone and each time after that. That is the great thing about Chris throughout this experience; he stayed completely confident and never let his feelings waver.
My Advice
I didn't see the beauty of those qualities right away but now I know that Chris is a man who will never give up when the times get hard or ever want to see me hurt. He is man that will stay loyal and true throughout the struggles of life and always be the first to hold my hand. I wish for everyone to find this kind of love. It's not infatuation that lasts but having a friendship and foundation that will foresee the tests of time.

Now we only have time on our side. I feel so blessed to have him in my life and can't wait for the rest of our lives together.

For anyone who has been hurt – hold on to hope and don't let that stop you from loving again. And for those who have found love, don't ever take it for granted. That is what I have learned and the only advice I would like to pass on.

Thank you again for watching this season of The Bachelorette and for reading my blog!

XOXO,
Desiree

Des you are really trying to make me like you :headbanging isn't this the exact words we have said about chris for the last 12 or so weeks and what we wished des would wake up and see!!

I don't think des is a bad person I just believed the spoilers and with that said... I guess seeing her with chris made me a little put off with her cause I thought she was leading him on and would ultimately end up breaking his heart! I also thought it was immature of her to be so hung up on what she thought she wanted to not appreciate how great chris is..... But now I realize I was wrong! I should have listened to u guys all along. So I am sorry des... U deserve chris after all I guess .. But I can still totally be jealous giggling 
brittany4400
brittany4400

Back to top Go down

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Link to Ali Fedotowksy's blog, she addressed the "Des is settling issue" and basically said that she is sure Des does not care what folks thinks of her relationship. I am very happy to hear that, Des needs to have her blinders on for any crap folks are saying about her & Chris.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Des you are really trying to make me like you :headbanging isn't this the exact words we have said about chris for the last 12 or so weeks and what we wished des would wake up and see!!

I don't think des is a bad person I just believed the spoilers and with that said... I guess seeing her with chris made me a little put off with her cause I thought she was leading him on and would ultimately end up breaking his heart! I also thought it was immature of her to be so hung up on what she thought she wanted to not appreciate how great chris is..... But now I realize I was wrong! I should have listened to u guys all along. So I am sorry des... U deserve chris after all I guess .. But I can still totally be jealous giggling [/quote]

Brittany, yep Des has gone way up my on my list considering my thots about her up to this past weekend with the spoiler that she dumped our precious Chris post his proposal. Des landed a good one, heck she said he was the greatest man she ever met, she sure got her eyes wide open to see right after all. She is the envy of so many women right now and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she and Chris make it despite the odds!!!!!

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Is there a video of the montage of Chris and Des?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

2ndcampbell wrote:
momoftrips wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I imagine this dress white and they just got married.

I love the proposal, all of it: what he said, the interruption, what she said and finally the thousand times yes.

The interruption made it all real for me. She wanted to be truthful to him from the get go. Establishing trust early is the best thing for any relationship, especially marriage. Yes, she also knew he'd hear about it later, having been down this road already. I believe with the attitude they've adopted they have a good chance to get past all the tabloid mess you know is coming. It was a beautiful, heartfelt proposal and a believable epiphany for her (How many of us have been in relationships with total blinders on?) to realize just what she said. We all saw that relationship building - that's the true love story and I'm so happy that the producers chose to show it to us. Happy for them, that they have that to remind them "yes, this was real" - and it didn't really come out of left field. We all saw it happening. One more thing. I'm also very glad the producers left in Chris' confident statements in the ITM. I never got the impression they were setting him up for a fall by showing this. What a testimony to her that he had faith in them, even when she wasn't quite there yet.

Yes, it's a reality show. The producers had a story to tell. There was lots of editing. In the end though more than 2 people's lives were affected by this experience. You can't deny that. I'm hoping the producers are seeing that's what their target group of viewers want - a story of two people finding each other somehow in this unlikely setting - not the salacious details and drama they've sometimes focused on.

I know a lot of people like Juan Pablo, but you will have to convince me that a lifetime love and commitment in a marriage relationship is what he is truly looking for. With Chris and Des I had no question.

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:36 pm

bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Read in USA Today Des is telling the media that it was two weeks between Brooks leaving and proposal...come on!?! Really? Des, stop and own it! It was about 5 days but you saw what you needed and most think you made a the right decision for yourself. But stop lying, we all know the truth and more importantly Chris knows the truth, so don't do that. It just makes it look like you are hiding something and not being honest. Chris is great guy! I think you and real shot but enough with the revisionist history!

Last edited by sfrank on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:39 pm

bilolo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They look cute!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:08 pm

mimitalks wrote:
2ndcampbell wrote:
momoftrips wrote:

I love the proposal, all of it: what he said, the interruption, what she said and finally the thousand times yes.

The interruption made it all real for me. She wanted to be truthful to him from the get go. Establishing trust early is the best thing for any relationship, especially marriage. Yes, she also knew he'd hear about it later, having been down this road already. I believe with the attitude they've adopted they have a good chance to get past all the tabloid mess you know is coming. It was a beautiful, heartfelt proposal and a believable epiphany for her (How many of us have been in relationships with total blinders on?) to realize just what she said. We all saw that relationship building - that's the true love story and I'm so happy that the producers chose to show it to us. Happy for them, that they have that to remind them "yes, this was real" - and it didn't really come out of left field. We all saw it happening. One more thing. I'm also very glad the producers left in Chris' confident statements in the ITM. I never got the impression they were setting him up for a fall by showing this. What a testimony to her that he had faith in them, even when she wasn't quite there yet.

Yes, it's a reality show. The producers had a story to tell. There was lots of editing. In the end though more than 2 people's lives were affected by this experience. You can't deny that. I'm hoping the producers are seeing that's what their target group of viewers want - a story of two people finding each other somehow in this unlikely setting - not the salacious details and drama they've sometimes focused on.

I know a lot of people like Juan Pablo, but you will have to convince me that a lifetime love and commitment in a marriage relationship is what he is truly looking for. With Chris and Des I had no question.

I must admit I called both Chris and Drew sloppy seconds if Des picks one of them. But after hearing Des last night, I don't think Chris is sloppy second. It just took Des a little more time to realize who's right for her. I love it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:37 pm

mimitalks wrote:
2ndcampbell wrote:
momoftrips wrote:

High clap 

Kudos to you, Mimi! You never gave into the spoilers and just kept plugging and plugging away until the very end coming up with very convincing proof that our Chris was her F1. While I was campaigning for Chris for next Bachelor, you just never lost the faith. We're going to nickname you Reality Mimi. giggling

And, I think after this emotionally exhausting season for us CHrisville fans, we could all use a little light Latin fun. I don't care if he just makes out with gals in hot tubs ... bring on the abs and hot tubs!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 pm

^^^ I agree. I think the acknowledgements she made about having blinders on when Brooks was around were key. She had already said that she was the one that always fell in love first and hardest and was then disappointed. In the end, steady won the race.

Des has seemed to fall in "love" easily- Sean and Brooks both. But in the end, she responded to love with love. I am hopeful for them.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
mimitalks wrote:
2ndcampbell wrote:
momoftrips wrote:

High clap 

Kudos to you, Mimi! You never gave into the spoilers and just kept plugging and plugging away until the very end coming up with very convincing proof that our Chris was her F1. While I was campaigning for Chris for next Bachelor, you just never lost the faith. We're going to nickname you Reality Mimi. giggling

I think I've just been watching and reading lots of mysteries, and always trying to figure out the end. It really was fun - and yeah, I'm stubborn that way. I don't give up easily, and this time it just happened to pan out. "Reality Mimi", hmmmm...it sure fit this season! Even when I wasn't posting, I was major lurking to see who thought or found what. "Obsessed" is what my kids thought!

I have to be honest. I may not join in sleuthing for Juan Pablo's final choice, but I may lurk on occasion. Still, I'm going to follow Des and Chris' journey through this site, so I'm not going anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

+89
BachfanNY
Luvvy
gpjillianfan
alwaystulips
luvstx