SELECT CONTENT

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Page 2 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Post by lovebachelorette2012 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After it was revealed that Chris Siegfried proposed to Desiree Hartsock** in the Aug. 5 season finale of The Bachelorette, the future spouses discussed wedding plans during an Aug. 6 appearance on LIVE With Kelly and Michael. During the two-minute chat, bridal stylist Hartsock, 27, also revealed how she felt when contestant Brooks Forester abruptly quit the show in the penultimate episode, leaving her confused brokenhearted.

"We would like to get married in the summer -- next summer," said a newly engaged Hartsock, who added that she isn't sure if she wants to film their nuptials for ABC. "We want to keep it intimate."
When asked about Forester's surprise departure, Hartsock told Michael Strahan and guest co-host Erin Andrews that she harbors no ill will towards the 28-year-old sales and marketing rep. "That's the beauty of this whole experience: the feelings are really accelerated, because you do get to know these guys in a really short amount of time, and that's actually what helped me get past the hurt," she explained.
Mortgage broker Siegfried, 27, has only heard about the devastating scene. "I actually did not watch that entire piece," he revealed. "We came to the agreement that we would only watch the best parts of our journey."
As Hartsock explained, "Our past and what happened on the show doesn't really define our future."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried Planning Summer 2014 Wedding

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lovebachelorette2012

Female Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 pm

GMA appearance

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:47 pm

brittany4400 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
Alanna wrote:It's so obvious how much he loves her from these pics. Goodness. So freaking cute it needs a disclaimer.

Such a breath of fresh air, especially after the dud that Emily picked. Less Utah, more Seattle please. :yes: 

:yes: 

Indeed! Chris and Des are two of the most genuine people to go on this show unlike last season's well scripted and story boarded sham.

This was truly the best, most genuine finale ever! I loved that 3/4 of the show was dedicated to their relationship.

I LOVED JP and Ashley's season too but was disappointed with the amount of manufactured drama (I have always thought they RAMPED up Bentley and her sister issues for drama). Whereas there was nothing manufactured about the drama we saw this season. And there was nothing manufactured about Chris' quiet confidence and steadfast support/love for Des. He's such a catch and Des is one lucky gal.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Great GMA response to their being together. The Jimmy Kimmel time was disrespectful of them.

I was all for Brooks but after removing the 'only Brooks' glasses, I can see the love she has for Chris now. I see her lit up with Chris. She loves him for sure. What a great choice for her.

Seattle is beautiful, even in the rain and hope she adapts well to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:18 pm

The View was also very disrespectful to them. I don't like the show and never watch but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and instead of them being on they were ripped up by Whoopi and and another one of them that I don't know her name but she is the new one. I will not watch it again and look forward to seeing Chris and Des on "Live" with Kelly and Michael and hope they are treated with respect on that show. Geesh!! SMH

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

PHOTO: All About Bachelorette Desiree’s Unique New Engagement Ring
After nine seasons as the Bachelor franchise’s jeweler extraordinaire, Neil Lane thought he’d change things up just a little. When he arrived in Antigua toting six diamond rings for Desiree Hartsock’s final two suitors to peruse, he included one option that highlighted — appropriately! — rose gold.

And as Lane hoped, Chris Siegfried immediately zeroed in on the unusual handcrafted ring. “Chris and I spent a long time talking and he was drawn to the symbolism of the platinum and rose gold bands entwined,” he says. “The ring entwines the bands into one, just as Des and Chris are two people wrapped into one couple and forever entwined. It’s beautiful.”

Indeed, the sparkler is over 3.5 carats, with more than 200 small diamonds adorning a cushion-cut center stone. “I knew Des wanted a vintage style, but also something romantic, feminine and sophisticated. Diamonds ring the platinum and rose gold, which is wonderfully romantic and give it Old World charm,” the jeweler says. “The ring has a softness to it and a halo of diamonds on top, so it’s always sparkling.”

Siegfried, says Lane, seems as certain about Hartsock as he was about the ring. “There was no doubt or uncertainty about Chris. He was very much in love and confident he was the one. Des was the girl of his dreams and he was super–excited. The guy was ready!”

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:34 pm

SLA44 wrote:The View was also very disrespectful to them.  I don't like the show and never watch but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and instead of them being on they were ripped up by Whoopi and and another one of them that I don't know her name but she is the new one.  I will not watch it again and look forward to seeing Chris and Des on "Live" with Kelly and Michael and hope they are treated with respect on that show.  Geesh!! SMH

So are you saying that Des and Chris did NOT go on the View? Maybe they got word that they were just going to get ripped apart.

The problem is that folks who only tuned into part 1 of finale won't get it or believe that she could move onto Chris. But, those of us who watched carefully all season CAN and DO believe how she recognized Chris as her true F1. Easy.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Love seeing the happy couple on GMA! They are so adorable! Is the Kelly and Michael video up yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:47 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
SLA44 wrote:The View was also very disrespectful to them.  I don't like the show and never watch but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and instead of them being on they were ripped up by Whoopi and and another one of them that I don't know her name but she is the new one.  I will not watch it again and look forward to seeing Chris and Des on "Live" with Kelly and Michael and hope they are treated with respect on that show.  Geesh!! SMH

So are you saying that Des and Chris did NOT go on the View? Maybe they got word that they were just going to get ripped apart.

The problem is that folks who only tuned into part 1 of finale won't get it or believe that she could move onto Chris. But, those of us who watched carefully all season CAN and DO believe how she recognized Chris as her true F1. Easy.

No they were not on there they just showed some pictures of them, a little video of the proposal, a picture of Brooks and made some snarky remarks. I'm glad they were not there they deserve better than that. If people would have just paid attention to the video they showed at the end of the proposal to the song Love and Affection it showed their love story in a nutshell!
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

2boys3girls wrote:Love seeing the happy couple on GMA! They are so adorable! Is the Kelly and Michael video up yet?

It hasn't even aired on the West Coast yet it will come on in my area in 15 minutes. So maybe after it has aired in all areas they will put it up.
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:52 pm

SLA44 wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:

No they were not on there they just showed some pictures of them, a little video of the proposal, a picture of Brooks and made some snarky remarks.  I'm glad they were not there they deserve better than that.  If people would have just paid attention to the video they showed at the end of the proposal to the song Love and Affection it showed their love story in a nutshell!

Okay good to know. And, someone posted that the time on Kelly Ripa show was very brief and fairly similar questions to GMA. I think the US Weekly article pretty much recaps it. We hear that she wants summer 2014 wedding and it may/may not be televised as they want privacy. But, I say, GO FOR IT. Get the $$ if ABC is willing to pay and then have a small, intimate ceremony separate (or before).
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Des's People Mag Blog the commentaries so far are saying defintiely she picked the better fit for her, Chris:

Former Bachelor contestant Desiree Hartsock is calling the shots and handing out the roses as the current star of The Bachelorette. The bridal stylist will blog all season long on PEOPLE.com about her dates, the guys and the difficult decisions she must make. You can also follow Desiree on Twitter.

I want to start by thanking everyone who watched my journey to find love this season on The Bachelorette. It is a challenging and emotional position to be in so I can't express how grateful I am for the love and support from my family, friends and viewers. I appreciate the encouraging words from many and the understanding that love can be unpredictable.

My relationship with Drew flourished in affection and through in-depth conversation. I enjoyed seeing the compassion and love he had in his heart and the sincerity that showed through his eyes. After our last date in Antigua, I felt like our relationship didn't move forward and I started to question if we were right for each other. He has so many qualities I was looking for in a partner but I had to put qualities aside and see if I could really picture our future together. It was extremely difficult for me to say goodbye to Drew because I cared deeply for him and never wanted to hurt him. I knew the decision I had to make in order to put my focus on Chris. True and Lasting Love
I was given a rare and beautiful opportunity to find true and lasting love – and I found it with Chris. Our time in Antigua was so incredible. The moments we shared will last a lifetime. That last date was something truly special. When he handed me that journal and expressed again how he felt, I never felt so loved and I knew I wanted to love him the way he deserved for eternity. It gave me so much hope to realize what was in front of me all along – the love he show through it all.

MORE: The New Bachelor Is Juan Pablo Galavis!

To have Chris meet my family was one of the happiest days of my life. I knew that they would take a liking to him right away and was excited to have everyone's approval, including my brother's. I didn't just introduce my family to Chris – I introduced them to the man of my dreams and the man I would become engaged to.
The Proposal
The proposal from Chris will be one of the most defining moments of my life. I was nervous to tell him everything I needed to say but if I wanted our relationship to last, I would have to start with honesty. He looked so nervous walking towards me and at the same time incredibly dashing, so right away I wanted to scream, "YES! I will marry you!" But, of course, he would have to ask me first. I wasn't sure what he was going to say but once I told him everything and he kissed me, I knew that he wouldn't let that get in the way of what we had.

As Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I had no doubts in my mind that I wanted to marry this man. Saying yes and telling him I loved him for the first time was so surreal and a feeling I could never duplicate. I was overcome with joy and happiness. The ring is the most stunning thing I have ever seen but the meaning behind it is even more beautiful.

RELATED: Can't Get Enough of The Bachelorette? Read Chris Harrison's blog on EW.com

I could go on for days telling you all of the great things about Chris but I'm pretty sure you already saw all of those things while watching. He had my attention that first night with his quirky down-on-one-knee entrance and from there our relationship began to blossom naturally and effortlessly. We connected immediately once we had time alone and each time after that. That is the great thing about Chris throughout this experience; he stayed completely confident and never let his feelings waver.
My Advice
I didn't see the beauty of those qualities right away but now I know that Chris is a man who will never give up when the times get hard or ever want to see me hurt. He is man that will stay loyal and true throughout the struggles of life and always be the first to hold my hand. I wish for everyone to find this kind of love. It's not infatuation that lasts but having a friendship and foundation that will foresee the tests of time.

Now we only have time on our side. I feel so blessed to have him in my life and can't wait for the rest of our lives together.

For anyone who has been hurt – hold on to hope and don't let that stop you from loving again. And for those who have found love, don't ever take it for granted. That is what I have learned and the only advice I would like to pass on.

Thank you again for watching this season of The Bachelorette and for reading my blog!

XOXO,
Desiree

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree Hartsock & Chris Siegfried - Media - Discussion

+89
BachfanNY
Luvvy
gpjillianfan
alwaystulips
luvstx