SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Page 32 of 56 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 44 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 32 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:38 pm

sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:
sfrank wrote:You guys might enjoy the Grantland podcast from last week...Brooks obviously listened and enjoyed it because this was his tweet to the commentators
@Jacoby_  Im glad my hair blew your mind - BOOM #LongInFront #ShorterInBack @julietlitman - #NoStylist
They commented on how great he looked during the breakup. The whole exchange is very funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The entire Bachelorette talk is about 35 mins and there is some mature talk towards to the end. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about part two because they both thought Brooks was coming back!
ESPN?  They talked about Brooks on an ESPN show?
Yes, its their reality TV pop culture podcast.
Like the sports world doesn't have enough soap aspects? Wow.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 32 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Adele1117 wrote:I don't know if this picture has ever been posted. I thought the comments were interesting, too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nope, but thanks for finding it.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm

atem wrote:
Adele1117 wrote:I don't know if this picture has ever been posted. I thought the comments were interesting, too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nope, but thanks for finding it.

I've seen those comments too! Doesn't he live in an own apartment? He's 28, right? :shock:

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:16 am

BarbB222 wrote:
Piper61 wrote:Eclectic, possibly?
Definitely eclectic with a sprinkle of bohemian.
Bohemian... is that another word for homeless looking? Ha, just kidding.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:19 am

Piper61 wrote:
2observe wrote:
julychild wrote:
nannymargie wrote:This is what James had to say about Des picking Chris.

James Case (Bachelorette, Season 9): I think Desiree picked second best. It seemed she really liked Brooks. He went home and she went with her second choice. I think they’ll stay together for the publicity, but I don’t see it lasting. Her first choice wasn’t Chris.
Candor is an admirable quality. Tact is equally admirable.
yes :yes: 
I don't think James particularly cared for Brooks, didn't feel they had much in common. Don't think tact is his strong suit, but if it's his honest opinion, I don't think he worries too much about having a filter.
I don't agree with that. Just seemed that James didn't get what Desiree wanted.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudyblue Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 am

Aunties_Love wrote:I know my post will likely not come across as a popular one considering the thread I am in, but I have a few thoughts that might help.

See, in a normal season, do you honestly think that the chosen F1 is actually a second choice?  I had watched the season, sleuthed out the caps, editing, etc that we had and could really see how Brooks just wouldn't of been the F1 not matter what the spoilers showed.  

-- There were so many hints considering that despise the chemistry between Des and Chris, nothing was really said by Des of her true feelings for Chris in her itm's, yet she did tell Chris H that she was falling in love with Chris S.  

-- What was shown between Des and Brooks was definately one sided.  In many scenes, you see Des hanging off of Brooks, yet Brooks not doing it back.

-- With Brooks and Des, their storyline had plateaued at the HTD.  Des herself said that is all she needed.  Where as with Chris, she kept saying there was something else that she needed to see, feel, etc.

-- This season of Des/Brooks was edited like the Bachelor Canada season where Brad/Whitney.  They too had plateaued at the HTD, and he actually started talking about doubts with Whitney and started talking about benefits with Bianka.  In Brooks/Des, she started talking more about Chris S/benefits and not saying so much about Brooks anymore.

IMO, the way it is being talked about in here(chris/Des thread or in Brooks thread) is really starting to be a broken record.  The fact that she ONLY chose Chris S is because he is a default.  If Chris is such a default guy, why in the heck is she leaving an area that she loves(her words, not mine) and moving to Seattle with Chris if she didn't want the guy?  I know that many are upset that a) the spoilers were wrong, b) their fave wasn't chosen, c) default only choice.   I just think that being that negative may not allow someone from carrying on.

---- Others have gone on and said that Brooks was treated so badly----in the scheme of this show, was he really?  Or was it more so because he is a fave?  In seasons past I don't really remember this much negativity put onto the lead/F1 choice.  I know things were really testy with Arie/Jef as well, but one thing that has to be remembered, this board consists of such a small proportion of the general public that actually watches this show so the generalized characterizations of EVERYONE not liking Des's choice.  Also I think the generalized thought that there is so much backlash due to her "settling" I think is also a falicy out there in the general population that watches this show.

Just some thoughts that I had on it and hope this is taken in the spirit intended as I don't intend any malice on anyone.  :yes: 
Speaking of broken records -- sheesh! :angryemotion 

Rudyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudyblue Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:08 am

iamreal2u wrote:
Adele1117 wrote:I love his hazel eyes . . . and his hair . . . and his butt . . . and his legs . . . and his dimple chin . . . and his angles . . . and the way he talks . . . and his dramatic brows.
And his lips.
cheekbones

Rudyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:41 am

Rudyblue wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:
Adele1117 wrote:I love his hazel eyes . . . and his hair . . . and his butt . . . and his legs . . . and his dimple chin . . . and his angles . . . and the way he talks . . . and his dramatic brows.
And his lips.
cheekbones
 - Whole Brooks!!! :Drool:

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by kash Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:51 am

The splash page just makes me laugh every time I see it.

Desiree is a fraud and a liar. She completely breaks down, tells Brooks she's in love with him a half dozen times, tells him she never wanted to share her heart and only wanted to give it to him. She then says she's heartbroken and can't give the other two all of her love.

And then bam! Four days later she's accepting a proposal from Chris S! Now she says she never settled, that Chris S is perfect, she gained complete closure immediately after her histrionics which lasted the entire day, was crying the day after, and was crying during the proposal about brooks.

This show is a complete insult to anyone with even a single brain cell.

kash

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:44 am

atem wrote:
sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:
sfrank wrote:You guys might enjoy the Grantland podcast from last week...Brooks obviously listened and enjoyed it because this was his tweet to the commentators
@Jacoby_  Im glad my hair blew your mind - BOOM #LongInFront #ShorterInBack @julietlitman - #NoStylist
They commented on how great he looked during the breakup. The whole exchange is very funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The entire Bachelorette talk is about 35 mins and there is some mature talk towards to the end. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about part two because they both thought Brooks was coming back!
ESPN?  They talked about Brooks on an ESPN show?
Yes, its their reality TV pop culture podcast.
Like the sports world doesn't have enough soap aspects?  Wow.
This Grantland which has a more pop culture angle...
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:02 am

kash wrote:The splash page just makes me laugh every time I see it.

Desiree is a fraud and a liar. She completely breaks down, tells Brooks she's in love with him a half dozen times, tells him she never wanted to share her heart and only wanted to give it to him. She then says she's heartbroken and can't give the other two all of her love.

And then bam! Four days later she's accepting a proposal from Chris S! Now she says she never settled, that Chris S is perfect, she gained complete closure immediately after her histrionics which lasted the entire day, was crying the day after, and was crying during the proposal about brooks.

This show is a complete insult to anyone with even a single brain cell.
I don't think I would go as far as calling her a fraud...that is harsh but definitely think Des is having some revisionist history now that the show is over. To be honest though, I don't blame her afterall she is with Chris so she can't really admit just how bad she had it for Brooks without hurting Chris. But whats funny is that she isn't really fooling anyone because it was obvious to most. That said, all parties seem happy and have moved on which is great. Looking at Des she certainly looks happy with Chris but I think she is rushing things because she wants very badly to prove that she didn't "settle" and is over Brooks. She very well may be over Brooks but I don't think expediting a move to Seattle is the way to prove it and that's where I question if they can make it as a couple in the long term.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 am

I think she'll make it long-term with Chris just to prove she didn't make a mistake. She's stated is loud and clear that she didn't settle and that they're forever. The naysayers will make her all the more determined, if she's anything like me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 56 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 44 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

+50
veg_out
dax right
biolalyss
NeverEnoughTime
lorijbaker