SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Page 42 of 56 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 42 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by jlccaz Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 pm

I think the bottom line is he was content to let his friend Chris -- who was over the moon for the girl, wanted her for his wife, and most likely said as much to Brooks or Michael G or production/crew and others who repeated it -- have the girl. He wasn't going to marry her, period, so he moved on, rather than spend the night with her alone in a fantasy suite talking all night of Love, Marriage, or whatever. Stand up guys, that's how I see both of them. Poor Drew is the one who didn't seem to get the memo that he was not the frontrunner, probably buying into the Lies Producers Tell to keep the show happening while the cameras are rolling.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 42 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by moonchild Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Lievta wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:I know my post will likely not come across as a popular one considering the thread I am in, but I have a few thoughts that might help.

See, in a normal season, do you honestly think that the chosen F1 is actually a second choice?  I had watched the season, sleuthed out the caps, editing, etc that we had and could really see how Brooks just wouldn't of been the F1 not matter what the spoilers showed.  

-- There were so many hints considering that despise the chemistry between Des and Chris, nothing was really said by Des of her true feelings for Chris in her itm's, yet she did tell Chris H that she was falling in love with Chris S.  

-- What was shown between Des and Brooks was definately one sided.  In many scenes, you see Des hanging off of Brooks, yet Brooks not doing it back.

-- With Brooks and Des, their storyline had plateaued at the HTD.  Des herself said that is all she needed.  Where as with Chris, she kept saying there was something else that she needed to see, feel, etc.

-- This season of Des/Brooks was edited like the Bachelor Canada season where Brad/Whitney.  They too had plateaued at the HTD, and he actually started talking about doubts with Whitney and started talking about benefits with Bianka.  In Brooks/Des, she started talking more about Chris S/benefits and not saying so much about Brooks anymore.

IMO, the way it is being talked about in here(chris/Des thread or in Brooks thread) is really starting to be a broken record.  The fact that she ONLY chose Chris S is because he is a default.  If Chris is such a default guy, why in the heck is she leaving an area that she loves(her words, not mine) and moving to Seattle with Chris if she didn't want the guy?  I know that many are upset that a) the spoilers were wrong, b) their fave wasn't chosen, c) default only choice.   I just think that being that negative may not allow someone from carrying on.

---- Others have gone on and said that Brooks was treated so badly----in the scheme of this show, was he really?  Or was it more so because he is a fave?  In seasons past I don't really remember this much negativity put onto the lead/F1 choice.  I know things were really testy with Arie/Jef as well, but one thing that has to be remembered, this board consists of such a small proportion of the general public that actually watches this show so the generalized characterizations of EVERYONE not liking Des's choice.  Also I think the generalized thought that there is so much backlash due to her "settling" I think is also a falicy out there in the general population that watches this show.

Just some thoughts that I had on it and hope this is taken in the spirit intended as I don't intend any malice on anyone.  :yes: 
Speaking of  broken records -- sheesh!  :angryemotion 
:yes: 
Regarding bolded: Ask DeAnna......it's been done before.

I think the issue for most is not WHO she chose, but disbelief THAT she chose anyone at all after what we witnessed between Des and Brooks in Antigua. Much less, accepted a proposal from Chris a couple of days later. It wasn't just that she told Brooks that she loved him, but that when she was with the other guys she was thinking about him and wishing she could be with him instead of the other guys. Kinda a slap in the face for the guy that she accepted a proposal from. People find it hard to believe that she could flip a switch like that in just a few days and yes, that would make him a default in their minds. Maybe they have worked things out and they are in love now. If that's the case then I'm very happy for them. Under the circumstances though, that proposal was a little tough to take.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:
isittrue wrote:
atem wrote:I don't care if she has Brooks on her heart or mind.  I care about what Brooks is up to now, if he's still going to model and if he's going to be part of Bach Pad in 2014.  Oh, and future goals.  

If he's not really seriously dating anyone by the time Bach Pad starts filming, is that a clue he will be on?

We also know that he doesn't tweet very much, which he didn't when he had it before.  But, he seems to be doing things with former cast members (Zack K) and in touch with them.  

I do and I don't want to see him on Bachelor Pad.  Sometimes, just like the original franchise, those participating on Bachelor Pad come out looking bad.
Why care?  Why do people keep forgetting he dumped her act like she did.
You are right atem, Brooks dumped Des.  Why should it matter what she/chris and others are doing.  If you want to observe Brooks or keep in touch with him, that is fine if he is what you all are into.  Just the show should be the last thing on the mind. Find your Brooks and what he's doing now.
I have a question. Did you not just post further down to sfrank that you aren't telling Brooks fans how to think or feel, essentially what to do? I read this reply to atem and thought the last two sentences are doing precisely that.  Or am I misreading this? For Des and Chris fans, does it matter what people post in the Brooks fan thread? The majority of fans that like Brooks aren't in the several Des and Chris fans threads talking about Brooks or talking bad about the engaged couple. Most have wished then well, even here in this thread. This is the only thread we can discuss all things about Brooks and the show itself. I feel we can beat a dead horse for as long as we like. I'm just as confused as anyone why it matters to anyone that is not interested in Brooks. no idea
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Piper61 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:
isittrue wrote:
atem wrote:I don't care if she has Brooks on her heart or mind.  I care about what Brooks is up to now, if he's still going to model and if he's going to be part of Bach Pad in 2014.  Oh, and future goals.  

If he's not really seriously dating anyone by the time Bach Pad starts filming, is that a clue he will be on?

We also know that he doesn't tweet very much, which he didn't when he had it before.  But, he seems to be doing things with former cast members (Zack K) and in touch with them.  

I do and I don't want to see him on Bachelor Pad.  Sometimes, just like the original franchise, those participating on Bachelor Pad come out looking bad.
Why care?  Why do people keep forgetting he dumped her act like she did.
You are right atem, Brooks dumped Des.  Why should it matter what she/chris and others are doing.  If you want to observe Brooks or keep in touch with him, that is fine if he is what you all are into.  Just the show should be the last thing on the mind. Find your Brooks and what he's doing now.
I have a question. Did you not just post further down to sfrank that you aren't telling Brooks fans how ti thunj or feel, essentially what to do? I read this reply to atem and thought the last two sentences are doing precisely that.  Or am I misreading this? For Des and Chris fans, does it matter what people post in the Brooks fan thread? The majority of fans that like Brooks aren't in the several Des and Chris fans threads talking about Brooks or talking bad about the engaged couple. Most have wished then well, even here in this thread. This is the only thread we can discuss all things about Brooks and the show itself. I feel we can beat a dead horse for as long as we like. I'm just as confused as anyone why it matters to anyone that is not interested in Brooks. no idea
I am not telling anyone what to do/think. Again, I am not a malicious person. I do find it weird that so much attention is put onto the concept that Des did something wrong when it was BRooks that left, but that's just me.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 pm

We do realize that Brooks left because at some point he realized his feelings weren't matching up to what she wanted or expected at the end of this, in bachelorette time.
Piper61
Piper61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't get why we have to be told what to think or do, either, Piper61. Brooks is no way threatening their favorite. He's just way, way cooler than their favorites post-show. sneakyl JK. Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaPete Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Have not posted here in quite a while. I see nothing about this place has changed :(

Can't we just all get along?
LindaPete
LindaPete

Female Posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 pm

nannymargie wrote:Why does Brooks think that when you love someone and are not with them it has to be painful?  His sister put that in his head.  I know it's only part of it but it does not make sense to me.
no idea  He must've never really trusted his past girlfriends if he felt this way. Or was just infatuated.

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 pm

LindaPete wrote:Have not posted here in quite a while. I see nothing about this place has changed :(
Actually you just came on a bad day. It is normally pretty cool here.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Maybe it's as simple as "Out of sight, out of mind" or "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." If he's not missing her terribly and thinking about her constantly when he's not with her, then it's not hurting him enough to be away from her. Maybe it's the yearning so much for someone, that it hurts. I don't know if what his sister Jana was telling him just reinforced what he may have thought before, or if that was some new thing for him to consider when trying to figure out his feelings.
Piper61
Piper61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Another question to ask Brooks. What do you mean by it's not painful enough when we're apart?

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:35 pm

relaxing wrote:Loving that the Brooks FANTHREAD will continue to be filled up with lots of pictures and tweets from him so we can carry on in our fandom.  I anticipated he'd have a great twitter persona, and he isn't disappointing. I hope he starts to use his instagram a little more too.  (Too bad to need an ignore feature in here).

I hope we continue to use this thread for that as well, among all other things Brooks related, feelings related about his part in this TB season, etc. It's the only thread for Brooks. I think mostly we are all here to be positive about Brooks.
Piper61
Piper61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 56 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

+50
veg_out
dax right
biolalyss
NeverEnoughTime
lorijbaker