SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates

Post by SueSt Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:11 pm

IrishGal wrote:
Actually Ali did say the exact same thing about Frank.  She said he would have met her parents (in other words Chris L. would be F3) and she's not sure if she would have chosen Roberto over Frank.  I remember that very well because I thought it was a very crappy thing for her to say and pointless. :shocked!: 
That's interesting, IrishGal. I didn't know this ...but it would be very crappy!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 pm

SueSt wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I respect what you both are saying. And I really don't have a stake in this because I  never had a strong favorite.  But I do think JBF made a great point. If Chris had been the spoiled F1 all along, wouldn't we have written off her histrionics as just bad acting/stress the way we did with Ash and Ali? For all we know, they make all the leads confess love for all the F3 so they can edit the way they wish depending on the end? For all we know Ali told CH that she was in love with Frank.  She certainly reacted as if her heart was devestated and she couldn't go on.  We just do not know what machinations go on behind the scenes. This season they were all about the false spoiler so they chose to skewer Des and Chris and make them look foolish in order to mislead us all. I'm inclined to think she wouldn't uproot her life and move just to save face.  Why would she?  She doesn't care what we think! I just keep hoping some day one of the contestants will have the guts to really write a tell-all.
Thanks Irishgal; I appreciate your perspective and really love that we can respectfully discuss our points of view!  

The issue for me with believing in Chris is that Des said in no uncertain terms that Brooks was her guy… and more than once.  I definitely saw her very intimate BL with Chris on their fantasy date, but I can’t dismiss what she said about Brooks after this date… that she was thinking of Brooks while she was with the other guys… and after he left, that she was done, wanted to go home… and then that she made a complete turn about in ONE day with Chris.  For me, it just did not seem genuine.

I agree that “she wouldn't uproot her life and move just to save face” and she may be in love with Chris now…and again, I wish them well… and you know it could work out, but I have doubts, based on what Des said about Brooks and specifically what she said about Brooks in relation to Chris...ultimately, for me, it was just too much change, too quickly to feel real.

Either way, glad to keep talking…. Cheers!  And thanks for the conversation!
I don't believe she said that, Sue. She said she wanted to be going on dates with Brooks instead of going with the other guys and that she didn't want to share her heart with them, instead she wanted to save it for him. She didn't say anything about thinking about Brooks while on those dates. She's also said that she was able to separate the relationships with each of the guys. That's why I think she was able to be developing something with Chris while she was finding herself infatuated with Brooks. I don't think Des is a good enough actress to fake her interest in Chris while on those dates and there's the poem she wrote for him. It may have been slower building but it was there and she seemed to appreciate what she had with Chris once her mind cleared.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 pm

SueSt wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
Actually Ali did say the exact same thing about Frank.  She said he would have met her parents (in other words Chris L. would be F3) and she's not sure if she would have chosen Roberto over Frank.  I remember that very well because I thought it was a very crappy thing for her to say and pointless. :shocked!: 
That's interesting, IrishGal.  I didn't know this ...but it would be very crappy!
I definitely thought that at the time and it lowered my opinion of Ali. I have no idea why she would think this was ok to say publicly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am

grace8136 wrote:
SueSt wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
That's interesting, IrishGal.  I didn't know this ...but it would be very crappy!
I definitely thought that at the time and it lowered my opinion of Ali. I have no idea why she would think this was ok to say publicly.
While Ali did say that she wanted Frank to meet the parents ... meaning Chris L would have been F3 ... that is not the same as insisting that she was in love with him several times, that she wanted to give her heart to him, and post show maintaining that she wouldn't have known how things would have turned out. In fact, Ali said that she maintained a journal throughout the show just to show Roberto what she was thinking/feeling throughout the process so that he would feel confident in their relationship. Thus she was totally confident in how she wanted things to go despite what the producers showed and how she acted. Not at all the same as Des. (What Ali said was more a reflection of her feelings toward Chris L, not Roberto. Roberto was ALWAYS ... SEXY Robertooooooo!!!)

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:36 am

Sorry Sprite but in an interview Ali actually said she might have picked Frank if he stayed. I realize it's shocking...I am a huge Ali fan and a total Roberto fan so I was appalled when she said that. But say it she did. I hope I am not hallucinating! Maybe someone can pull up the article...I'm no good at finding things. :Smiley: 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:26 am

IrishGal wrote:Sorry Sprite but in an interview Ali actually said she might have picked Frank if he stayed.  I realize it's shocking...I am a huge Ali fan and a total Roberto fan so I was appalled when she said that.  But say it she did. I hope I am not hallucinating! Maybe someone can pull up the article...I'm no good at finding things. :Smiley: 
Yep.. she definitely said it. Why, I have no idea. scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:49 am

IrishGal wrote:Sorry Sprite but in an interview Ali actually said she might have picked Frank if he stayed.  I realize it's shocking...I am a huge Ali fan and a total Roberto fan so I was appalled when she said that.  But say it she did. I hope I am not hallucinating! Maybe someone can pull up the article...I'm no good at finding things. :Smiley: 
I believe that was said only after she and Roberto broke up. I took at as sour grapes on her behalf. She had the journal as proof of her feelings at the time...anything post break up was revisionist history to get back at him for dating some model or something while she was still single. Bitter cakes, nothing more.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 am

albean99 wrote:
SueSt wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I respect what you both are saying. And I really don't have a stake in this because I  never had a strong favorite.  But I do think JBF made a great point. If Chris had been the spoiled F1 all along, wouldn't we have written off her histrionics as just bad acting/stress the way we did with Ash and Ali? For all we know, they make all the leads confess love for all the F3 so they can edit the way they wish depending on the end? For all we know Ali told CH that she was in love with Frank.  She certainly reacted as if her heart was devestated and she couldn't go on.  We just do not know what machinations go on behind the scenes. This season they were all about the false spoiler so they chose to skewer Des and Chris and make them look foolish in order to mislead us all. I'm inclined to think she wouldn't uproot her life and move just to save face.  Why would she?  She doesn't care what we think! I just keep hoping some day one of the contestants will have the guts to really write a tell-all.
Thanks Irishgal; I appreciate your perspective and really love that we can respectfully discuss our points of view!  

The issue for me with believing in Chris is that Des said in no uncertain terms that Brooks was her guy… and more than once.  I definitely saw her very intimate BL with Chris on their fantasy date, but I can’t dismiss what she said about Brooks after this date… that she was thinking of Brooks while she was with the other guys… and after he left, that she was done, wanted to go home… and then that she made a complete turn about in ONE day with Chris.  For me, it just did not seem genuine.

I agree that “she wouldn't uproot her life and move just to save face” and she may be in love with Chris now…and again, I wish them well… and you know it could work out, but I have doubts, based on what Des said about Brooks and specifically what she said about Brooks in relation to Chris...ultimately, for me, it was just too much change, too quickly to feel real.

I don't believe she said that, Sue. She said she wanted to be going on dates with Brooks instead of going with the other guys and that she didn't want to share her heart with them, instead she wanted to save it for him. She didn't say anything about thinking about Brooks while on those dates. She's also said that she was able to separate the relationships with each of the guys. That's why I think she was able to be developing something with Chris while she was finding herself infatuated with Brooks. I don't think Des is a good enough actress to fake her interest in Chris while on those dates and there's the poem she wrote for him. It may have been slower building but it was there and she seemed to appreciate what she had with Chris once her mind cleared.
Hahahah albean. You actually made me go back and rewatch the tapes and you’re right about what Des said, so thanks for the clarity! And I also saw what you saw, Des’ BL for Chris, the poems, the way she looked at him and interacted with him on their last dates…. It was very intimate and the way leads interact with an F1. All true.

Still, her change of heart in ONE day for Chris… and the fact that she accepted Chris’ proposal so soon after her expressing intense feelings for Brooks just rings hollow and false to me. Again, if she had just chosen to date Chris in the RL, no issue, but the fact that she got engaged….. just felt forced and unreal to me.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:32 am

SueSt wrote:
albean99 wrote:
SueSt wrote:

Hahahah albean.  You actually made me go back and rewatch the tapes and you’re right about what Des said, so thanks for the clarity!  And I also saw what you saw, Des’ BL for Chris, the poems, the way she looked at him and interacted with him on their last dates…. It was very intimate and the way leads interact with an F1.  All true.

Still, her change of heart in ONE day for Chris… and the fact that she accepted Chris’ proposal so soon after her expressing intense feelings for Brooks just rings hollow and false to me.  Again, if she had just chosen to date Chris in the RL, no issue, but the fact that she got engaged….. just felt forced and unreal to me.
I agree, but remember how Chris started to get down on one knee and she pulled him back up. That is how it would have played out, only with her telling him she just wants to date. So, she has to embarrass the one guy that stuck by her and she wants to try with in order to just date. That would have been a tougher start to their relationship. In RL she would have just dated him, but she had to get off this crazy show with him first.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:15 am

Is a change of heart THAT crazy when this show has people falling in love with 2-3 people at once? I don't have a hard time believing it. She loved them both, Brooks left, she picked Chris who I also believed she loved. Thankfully for Chris, Brooks' departure gave Des a glimpse of her past and exactly what she was trying to run away from. I think she can see that now, but in the bubble, she had very bubble-y reaction for a guy she went on 3-4 dates with. Somehow that isn't crazy though? It's all crazy, so I'm taking everything we saw with a grain of salt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany44000 Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I don't understand why it's such a shock she feel In love with chris in a week but its not a shock she feel in love with brooks in a few weeks?? Huh??? She only went on 3 dates with brooks? How is that any more believable?
brittany44000
brittany44000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:26 pm

brittany44000 wrote:I don't understand why it's such a shock she feel In love with chris in a week but its not a shock she feel in love with brooks in a few weeks?? Huh??? She only went on 3 dates with brooks? How is that any more believable?
Because her heart was set on Brooks for 8 weeks. Watch how eager she is to answer the questions from Brooks' mom. She may have liked Chris a lot, but she was all in for Brooks. After everything she said to Brooks, I don't believe she was ready for an engagement to another. Given the choice between rejecting his proposal or accepting though it was the right decision. I have no problem believing that she saw why he was the great choice, but I don't believe she truly fell in love with him until she was alone with him post show. JMHO and how she is answering some of the interviewers questions, didn't really help. We've come up with more good reasons, than she has! I really hope she loves him as much as he loves her now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - News/Updates

+22
Iam4UGA
dw_a_mom
2observe
Buckeye_Fan
beader