SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:21 am

I don't think Zak was considered. Brookes and Drew were at one point but, there was an overwhelming response for JPab that they decided to go with him. I think it's also because the minority complaints.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 am

albean99 wrote:Where did you hear that?  He may have been a front runner at that point but they're seldom the pick.

I don't think Zak was considered. Brookes and Drew had talked at one point but, there was an overwhelming response for JPab that they decided to go with him. I think it's also because the minority complaints.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 am

Maggenzm wrote:
albean99 wrote:Where did you hear that?  He may have been a front runner at that point but they're seldom the pick.

I don't think Zak was considered. Brookes and Drew had talked at one point but, there was an overwhelming response for JPab that they decided to go with him. I think it's also because the minority complaints.

The producers always keep their options open. They talk to and put out feelers to the contestants who make it to the end...seems to be about the final six. All of them are approached because producers are waiting to see the response from the audience. You better believe they talked to Chris, Brooks, Drew, Zak and obviously JPab. Chris was taken, Drew looked like he was 12 and was there were all kinds of rumours all over the internet...some spurred by people associated with the show itself...about his sexuality. Brooks by virtue of his edit did not look to be a viable candidate as he did not appear to be ready for a relationship...not that that has stopped others in the past. They were left with Zak...who with the exception of his initial meeting...had a very positive edit with a strong growth arc in his storyline and JPab who from all accounts did a good job of promoting himself for the job.

From talk post show, it apparently came down to Zak and JPab. Zak and JPab are friends and when Zak heard it was between the two, he bowed out. There was speculation that Zak thought JPab really wanted it and it ment more to JPab and that by that point Zak had already met the woman he is dating currently. I don't for a moment think there was an overwhelming response to JPab since we had barely seen him. That was the production machine selling us what they wanted us to buy and JPab was in full sales mode. The fact that it...barely...addressed minority complains was a bonus.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 am

About Drew...really Sprite? Was there any internet evidence of him being gay? I think TPTB were just furious when he said no to being the next bachelor and they trashed him as a consequence. They punish those who don't cooperate with them...nothing new. Really classless people.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:00 am

Maggenzm wrote:

JP, Zak himself, CH and producers comfirmed it...

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 am

Sprite wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:

The producers always keep their options open. They talk to and put out feelers to the contestants who make it to the end...seems to be about the final six. All of them are approached because producers are waiting to see the response from the audience. You better believe they talked to Chris, Brooks, Drew, Zak and obviously JPab. Chris was taken, Drew looked like he was 12 and was there were all kinds of rumours all over the internet...some spurred by people associated with the show itself...about his sexuality. Brooks by virtue of his edit did not look to be a viable candidate as he did not appear to be ready for a relationship...not that that has stopped others in the past. They were left with Zak...who with the exception of his initial meeting...had a very positive edit with a strong growth arc in his storyline and JPab who from all accounts did a good job of promoting himself for the job.

From talk post show, it apparently came down to Zak and JPab. Zak and JPab are friends and when Zak heard it was between the two, he bowed out. There was speculation that Zak thought JPab really wanted it and it ment more to JPab and that by that point Zak had already met the woman he is dating currently. I don't for a moment think there was an overwhelming response to JPab since we had barely seen him. That was the production machine selling us what they wanted us to buy and JPab was in full sales mode. The fact that it...barely...addressed minority complains was a bonus.

It does make sense that all top 6 will be approached. On one interview online, Drew said that they had initial talk with him, but it didn't get anywhere really.. They were few comments on You tube about him and Brooks being gay. But, I think it came from the opposite teams, I think. Drew definitely doesn't look 12, plus he is a stand up guy, ready for marriage that any women will be lucky to have. JMO.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 am

chloep wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:

JP, Zak himself, CH and producers comfirmed it...

Ok, thanks, I didn't know that.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Maggenzm wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:

It does make sense that all top 6 will be approached. On one interview online, Drew said that they had initial talk with him, but it didn't get anywhere really.. They were few comments on You tube about him and Brooks being gay. But, I think it came from the opposite teams, I think. Drew definitely doesn't look 12, plus he is a stand up guy, ready for marriage that any women will be lucky to have. JMO.

ITA about Drew. I'm hoping he'll find someone soon since he appears to be ready.  I don't find Zak attractive and he got a very goofy edit so guess of the two, Juan Pablo was the better pick. I do think Zack Kalter would have been a great choice if they hadn't edited him basically out of the show. He's very attractive and seems to have a great personality.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:52 pm

I don't know much about all the rumours since I wasn't all that interested but there was a lot of internet chatter about it at the time. Doesn't really matter in the real world but that doesn't work when you are cast as the Bachelor.

As for Zack Kalter...I was very disappointed that he didn't go far since I had really liked him from all the sleuthing before the show. Either of the two...Zak or Zack...would have been good with me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Sprite wrote:I don't know much about all the rumours since I wasn't all that interested but there was a lot of internet chatter about it at the time. Doesn't really matter in the real world but that doesn't work when you are cast as the Bachelor.

As for Zack Kalter...I was very disappointed that he didn't go far since I had really liked him from all the sleuthing before the show. Either of the two...Zak or Zack...would have been good with me.

OMG! Zak K. Dreamyyyy! When Des let him go, I was like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Noooooooooooooooooo! A catch for sure!! But, I guess we don't really know what goes on behind the scene.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm going in blind tonight. Wish me luck. I haven't even seen a full commercial for the show.  👋 hoping for some snark and lots of laughs from my favorite posters.
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Hope everyone enjoys! I'll be checking in but waiting to post my thoughts as time allows. :Smiley:

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor - General Discussion

+36
Aunties_Love
2observe
Muslady
jimmy21
docnash14