SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 18 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:47 am

IMO, they showed all the closeness that there was between Des and Brooks as it went with their "storybook" but also kept a lot out between Des and Chris for the same reason.

I heard that so many Brooks fans liked him even before the spoilers, I think like in other years/seasons, if one was to be honest and objective, the concept of liking a guy more because of the spoilers isn't too far of a stretch neither. I think that could of played a greater role in people being disappointed and feeling that Brooks was wronged this last season.

I along with many others did see the great connection that Chris and Des had compared to the not so great "real" connection between Des and Brooks. Personnally, in epi's 6 & 7 I saw Brooks pulling away from Des and her getting closer to Chris.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by karenap63 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:54 am

This is in response to Gracie's comment about me bashing Des.  I don't know how to drag these conversations under one another.  I don't feel I bashed Des, when I said the truth. I have been going back and reading all the old forums.  When Des told Brooks she loved him, your forum wanted to throw her under the bus, send her over to Brooks' forum.  I really don't care how they live their lives.  Like I said, they all seem happy.  We all have our own opinions on how this went down.  I don't think any of us will ever change our mind. Of course it was for ratings, but it really made Des look bad.  I never watched Sean/Catherine's season that close, just till the end.  That is why I watched this season, because I liked Des.

karenap63

Female Posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:17 pm

karenap63 wrote:This is in response to Gracie's comment about me bashing Des.  I don't know how to drag these conversations under one another.  I don't feel I bashed Des, when I said the truth. I have been going back and reading all the old forums.  When Des told Brooks she loved him, your forum wanted to throw her under the bus, send her over to Brooks' forum.  I really don't care how they live their lives.  Like I said, they all seem happy.  We all have our own opinions on how this went down.  I don't think any of us will ever change our mind. Of course it was for ratings, but it really made Des look bad.  I never watched Sean/Catherine's season that close, just till the end.  That is why I watched this season, because I liked Des.
OK.. well you are allowed to say negative things about the contestants anyhow. In the context of your post about bashing Brooks and Sean, you were putting down Des-truth or not, so I (needlessly) pointed that out. Sorry. I'm a little tired from the group generalizations. I can only control what I say, not someone in N. Dakota that i've never met. But I'll give you my perspective... at the time, it was a Chris forum, not a Chris and Des forum. And after that break-up scene, who can argue that she deserved to be engaged to Chris a week later? If that's throwing her under the bus, so be it. Trying to make sense out of the next week was a challenge given what we were shown. I agree that this season looked bad for Des. I know she would like everyone to see it as beautiful... discovering what was right in front of her, but I can't watch the parts prior to the break-up without wondering if she is faking her way through some of the conversations. It tainted the entire thing. Going forward though, they both seem to have gotten what they came for and look happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Looking at it in hindsight, how bad was it really? Compared to what we saw in other seasons, that is. Jillian did more (appearance-wise) with Kippy and Reid, even if they weren't blessed with Ed's "volcano shot". The way Ashley carried on about Bentley was so over the top that it was parodied on BURNING LOVE with Julie lining up her hair extensions on the bed as she sobbed and Blaze packing the mansion lamp in his suitcase along with his wadded up clothes.

During the breakup drama, poor Brooks did most of the actual blubbering. Her face was bone dry thanks to the wonder of tear proof makeup. Also we had those hilarious bird/lizard inserted shots symbolizing... "something" (?!). Upon initial viewing, I actually laughed so hard and couldn't believe any viewers would buy it as real. Boy! Was I ever wrong! No... I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with the viewers buying it... and, yes, she was pretty upset on screen, tears or no tears. It is just that some of us ran to find the wolf when Mike Fleiss cried it before and were foiled one too many times. I don't know how many past seasons an "average" viewer has seen to compare this one to.

Des didn't have Brooks' love child. Often she seemed too eager to have Chris' in many scenes, eager to get him in his "short shorts", into the surf and into the hot-tub, "daydreaming" about "bleep-bleeps" a visiting Catherine asks about in Madeira... commenting on the "little things" he does to make her feel special as she pulls up her tight jean-shorts over her bikini bottom in one key shot... even telling Becky on hometown that she saw Chris as the father of her... OK... and Daddy Hartsock telling Chris he "has to look after her" as if she was already... well, Chris responds very quickly "100%! 100%!" Maybe nothing happened to be ashamed of, but they weren't being subtle on the show I was watching. The speed with which she packed her suitcases for Seattle per the ATFR show was downright hilarious, making you wonder just how many safe house visits there were while Reality Steve was having his scouts comb every inch of the state of Utah. In fact, I think that is why Desie went along with "The Spoilers".

Brooks joked at a marketing presentation that "America knew she was in love with me before I did" and Chris says in Diamonds + Hearts that the guys in Madeira were all having too much fun exploring the town while he was waiting for his next date with her. I don't think anybody was losing sleep over this silly show and whether or not Ryan Seacrest is concerned about Chris not re-watching all of Brooks' scenes.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm

I love your version JBF, but you still haven't explained away her hand shaking to my satisfaction. Maybe she had too much caffeine or was hungover from partying with Chris all night? giggling Wouldn't that be hilarious, if we find out it was over in Madeira from that shot of them and they were just swimming in the pool and hanging out from that point on. I wish.. but I can't see Des being that good of an actress.

In Ash's season everyone saw how sleezy Bentley was and was rooting for her to see it too. So I think it came off a bit better, albeit parody worthy! Ha! Loved the Burning Love spoof on it! Bentley shouldn't be anyone's first choice, so JP wasn't being called her 2nd choice. My memory of Jilian's season was that she wanted Ed, despite some evidence that he was the wrong choice. Really the worst you could say about Brooks was that he was wishy washy, so to me it was worse for Des in the end. And I felt bad for Chris. I think her season will be remembered for that scene and for RS being wrong, although that was pretty exciting in and of itself. It's unfortunate that it's was a messy start for them, but they sure don't seem to let it bother them.

Chris Discussion Group - Page 18 ScreenShot2013-10-11at123923PM_zps6b3a6346Chris Discussion Group - Page 18 ScreenShot2013-10-11at123513PM_zps276b5bb0

On another note, Catherine getting rid of her ombre today, suggest to me that the wedding may be soon, so guess we can already toss out my wedding special idea. I always thought she would get rid of the ombre (though I like it) before the wedding. I think she will want a classic, elegant style and that any current trends would date the wedding pics. Now the question is, will there be a televised wedding for Chris and Des? Not sure about that after how her season played out in the last few weeks. :Frown: But like some other posters said, everyone loves a wedding, so hopefully ABC will spring for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Now the question is, will there be a televised wedding for Chris and Des? Not sure about that after how her season played out in the last few weeks. :frown: But like some other posters said, everyone loves a wedding, so hopefully ABC will spring for it.

Lots of relationship start out messy. Take mine for example, I didn't even like the guy, but I gave it a chance and 33+ years later and two gorgeous sons, we are still together and more in love than the first year we met.  So, the past is the past and Chris and Des have clearly moved on.  And now it is, "Brooks who!" Perfect!

TV wedding, as I have stated many times on here, I do not believe Chris and Des want a TV wedding. Infact, Chris even said in one of the media interview, "we don't know, but will have to think about it when the time comes!" Those words came from a man who wants to move far away from TV and end all the chatter about how he and Des got together.  Des, she is a private person who have said, "we want a private, intimate wedding!" And I believe they mean it!!  If they change their minds and go with the TV wedding, fine! But I will not be surprised to read, learn, hear that they have chosen to have a small intimate, private, affair far away from TV Land (ABC).  After all, the book sale would have generated enough money for them to have a small, intimate, private wedding out of their own pocket.  So, let's wait and see what they decide to do and hold off on writing stuff like "hopefully ABC will spring for it!"

Let's take things one day at a time, as our couple seems to be doing, and just smile at the beautiful pictures they share with us....period.

Btw: Love the picture of the gorgeous couple in Madiera. Their faces looked so fresh, young, and totally in Love....
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:25 pm

JBF I hate to deadhorse but I just can't let it pass when things are said that aren't true. Des was crying during the break up, if you doubt it go back and look at the You Tube Des and Brooks Break Up parts 2 and 3. It starts at part 2 at 1:43 and she has tears streaming down her face in part 3 at 1:06 when she tells Brooks, "I love you....you are the only one I can say that too". Actually, for a refresher watch the whole break up. Anyone that has any doubts about Des' feelings for Brooks should watch the whole darned thing. Is Des being dishonest? Is she in on the whole conspiracy and "Brooks plant"?  When she says she would accept if Brooks got down on one knee was she just acting or being straight out untruthful ???? OMG Des isn't that good of an actress to fake that whole scene. I love her for her honesty...and Brooks too.

And Brooks was crying (you call it blubbering), he was emotional, so what? He was breaking up with someone he cared about and didn't want to hurt. It made him sad and he felt bad. That's not a weakness in my opinion it's a strength.  If only more men could be as sensitive as Brooks, lets just say it couldn't hurt. Would you rather he be a "Bentley" ? I sure wouldn't, what an ass that guy was.

"You are entitled to your opinion but not to your own facts". :lala:  Des was crying...let's be honest. :why: And I would challenge anyone to go back and re-watch the break up scene and tell me she didn't love the guy (I dare you...). I love Des'  honesty and vulnerability. She said again she loved him even though he broke her heart.

And to the comments that Brooks was wishy washy, I don't agree.:skeptic:  In Maderia Brooks saw enough potential in his relationship with Des to take her home which was a big step for him. And the HTD with Brooks was great. Isn't it OK to not know exactly where you are at every step in a relationship.no idea  All of this on the show happens in what 8 or 10 weeks? Isn't it OK to ask questions along the way and take time to sort out your feelings? :anyone?:  It should take longer to pick a spouse than buy a house don't you think?!?  

I am off of my :soapbox  ...this time I really mean it!!! The bigger question is how did all of this get in the Chris discussion group? no idea  

I feel better now.... lolpanda 

Grace8136...I love weddings too. Do you really want Des and Chris' televised? I'm not sure I do. They seem like more the quiet intimate couple to me.

Last edited by Rolly on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word correction)
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes!!!  We want it televised!   They deserve the wedding of their dreams and abc would pick up the tab. I am sure that is VERY appealing to them as it was for all the couples who made it that far after the show! They do want an intimate wedding and it would be a first for abc to televise a beautiful, intimate wedding where des and Chris would say their own vows to one another! It would be magical. Smiley

Both his and her parents don't have to worry about funding it and des and Chris would not have pay for anything.  In fact, they would get paid (not as much as Trista and Ryan) but certainly enough for a down payment on a house.  ;). (By the water of course!)Hugesmile 

I know Chris and des have moved WAY beyond the show and are more in love than ever. That is all that matters!  I know the show exaggerated a lot of scenes and only showed us what they wanted us to see.  Like des said, she was not nervous seeing brooks at the atfr because she had the closure she needed.  Clearly on her last dates with Chris, and especially at the proposal, she  was VERY much in love with Chris.

Brooks had made the right decision for him and both were not looking back.  

He seems happy now too and will no doubt find his soulmate one day too!  

I for one can't wait to see what the future holds for Des and Chris!!  So happy for them!!:cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Yes!!!  We want it televised!   They deserve the wedding of their dreams and abc would pick up the tab. I am sure that is VERY appealing to them as it was for all the couples who made it that far after the show!  They do want an intimate wedding and it would be a first for abc to televise a beautiful, intimate wedding where des and Chris would say their own vows to one another!  It would be magical. Smiley

Both his and her parents don't have to worry about funding it and des and Chris would not have pay for anything.  In fact, they would get paid (not as much as Trista and Ryan) but certainly enough for a down payment on a house.  ;). (By the water of course!)Hugesmile 

I know Chris and des have moved WAY beyond the show and are more in love than ever. That is all that matters!  I know the show exaggerated a lot of scenes and only showed us what they wanted us to see.  Like des said, she was not nervous seeing brooks at the atfr because she had the closure she needed.  Clearly on her last dates with Chris, and especially at the proposal, she  was VERY much in love with Chris.

Brooks had made the right decision for him and both were not looking back.  

He seems happy now too and will no doubt find his soulmate one day too!  

I for one can't wait to see what the future holds for Des and Chris!!  So happy for them!!:cutesmile!:
I agree, PLEASE televise the wedding. I think the ones that don't want to see a televised wedding wouldn't be fans of Des and Chris. I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure I will hear, but I would like to see their wedding televised for sure.

As far as Brooks being "wishy-washy", he was really pulling away from Des during Maidera, not to mention that he was spying on her time with the guys when James had his time alone with Des so who knows how many more times he did it without getting caught.

I for one believe that the private/quality time between Des/Chris on the dodgeball date was a great time for them. Probably was when she first opened her eyes to Chris and hense gave him the rose on that date as she wanted to. I don't ever think she wanted to give it to Brooks on that date at all as others have thought.

You are right soccermom, Des and Chris have moved waaay beyond the show and were completely and thourally in love when the engagement happened.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:00 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
I agree, PLEASE televise the wedding.  I think the ones that don't want to see a televised wedding wouldn't be fans of Des and Chris.  I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure I will hear, but I would like to see their wedding televised for sure.

As far as Brooks being "wishy-washy", he was really pulling away from Des during Maidera, not to mention that he was spying on her time with the guys when James had his time alone with Des so who knows how many more times he did it without getting caught.

I for one believe that the private/quality time between Des/Chris on the dodgeball date was a great time for them.  Probably was when she first opened her eyes to Chris and hense gave him the rose on that date as she wanted to.  I don't ever think she wanted to give it to Brooks on that date at all as others have thought.

You are right soccermom, Des and Chris have moved waaay beyond the show and were completely and thourally in love when the engagement happened.
I'm sorry but I just had to comment on the bolded. I have no doubt that Brooks was not "spying" on Des, any more than any other person on this show who did a similar thing. Producers tell them to go interrupt people all the time...usually at exactly the wrong moment...to get their daily dose of drama. That scene was no different. I doubt he made a habit of it or even did it again. As much as he was not my cup of tea, Brooks struck me as a thoughtful kind of person and I suspect he figured out why he was sent and it was one of the reasons he started pulling back.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:32 am

Rolly wrote:JBF I hate to deadhorse but I just can't let it pass when things are said that aren't true. Des was crying during the break up, if you doubt it go back and look at the You Tube Des and Brooks Break Up parts 2 and 3. It starts at part 2 at 1:43 and she has tears streaming down her face in part 3 at 1:06 when she tells Brooks, "I love you....you are the only one I can say that too". Actually, for a refresher watch the whole break up. Anyone that has any doubts about Des' feelings for Brooks should watch the whole darned thing. Is Des being dishonest? Is she in on the whole conspiracy and "Brooks plant"?  When she says she would accept if Brooks got down on one knee was she just acting or being straight out untruthful ???? OMG Des isn't that good of an actress to fake that whole scene. I love her for her honesty...and Brooks too.

And Brooks was crying (you call it blubbering), he was emotional, so what? He was breaking up with someone he cared about and didn't want to hurt. It made him sad and he felt bad. That's not a weakness in my opinion it's a strength.  If only more men could be as sensitive as Brooks, lets just say it couldn't hurt. Would you rather he be a "Bentley" ? I sure wouldn't, what an ass that guy was.

"You are entitled to your opinion but not to your own facts". :lala:  Des was crying...let's be honest. :why: And I would challenge anyone to go back and re-watch the break up scene and tell me she didn't love the guy (I dare you...). I love Des'  honesty and vulnerability. She said again she loved him even though he broke her heart.

And to the comments that Brooks was wishy washy, I don't agree.:skeptic:  In Maderia Brooks saw enough potential in his relationship with Des to take her home which was a big step for him. And the HTD with Brooks was great. Isn't it OK to not know exactly where you are at every step in a relationship.no idea  All of this on the show happens in what 8 or 10 weeks? Isn't it OK to ask questions along the way and take time to sort out your feelings? :anyone?:  It should take longer to pick a spouse than buy a house don't you think?!?  

I am off of my :soapbox  ...this time I really mean it!!! The bigger question is how did all of this get in the Chris discussion group? no idea  

I feel better now.... lolpanda 

Grace8136...I love weddings too. Do you really want Des and Chris' televised? I'm not sure I do. They seem like more the quiet intimate couple to me.
laugh out loud Rolly.. I did say wishy washy was the worst thing we could say about him! That's not so bad. He was all over the place in his hometown. In his PIs he was saying one thing, to her another, then he's closer than ever to the union of marriage, next he's breaking up with her. Sure, it's a ridiculous process, but he was wishy washy in that process. More so than I can recall seeing before. Not saying he is necessarily wishy washy in regular life, who knows, but on the show, yes. I don't think he stopped to think about it too much before Madeira and then it was like.. oops WTH am I doing? He heard her say she was going into a run. He knew he had a problem at that moment. Look at his face. He wasn't actually happy to hear that IMO.

With JBF, he was one of only a handful of people on this board, that figured out early on that Chris was the F1 and wasn't swayed by the spoiler. He's had the same opinion for awhile, so I doubt it will be changing. I'll go back and watch, but I don't recall any tears either. I did think her emotion was pretty raw though. Certainly Des was dishonest to Drew and Zak at certain moments. People have lied on every season just to get through it. It's a TV show, what's real and what's not is very subjective. I can see why some people doubt it happened exactly as shown.

Yes, I would like to see the wedding. I'll likely keep right on saying it despite being to told to hush about it. They have to pay the tax on the ring, plus they'd like that little house on the water, so I'm not sure the book covers all that and a wedding. I agree with sm, they would have no expenses AND get a small down payment on a house. Plus, Des gets free PR for her blog and wedding dress business. If they can get the right contract, I think they'd be interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:57 am

Sprite wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I agree, PLEASE televise the wedding.  I think the ones that don't want to see a televised wedding wouldn't be fans of Des and Chris.  I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure I will hear, but I would like to see their wedding televised for sure.

I for one believe that the private/quality time between Des/Chris on the dodgeball date was a great time for them.  Probably was when she first opened her eyes to Chris and hense gave him the rose on that date as she wanted to.  I don't ever think she wanted to give it to Brooks on that date at all as others have thought.

I'm sorry but I just had to comment on the bolded. I have no doubt that Brooks was not "spying" on Des, any more than any other person on this show who did a similar thing. Producers tell them to go interrupt people all the time...usually at exactly the wrong moment...to get their daily dose of drama. That scene was no different. I doubt he made a habit of it or even did it again. As much as he was not my cup of tea, Brooks struck me as a thoughtful kind of person and I suspect he figured out why he was sent and it was one of the reasons he started pulling back.
Do you think that he realized that Des was feeling more for others like Chris for example than he was feeling? Do you think he too was pulling back from her especially in Maidera?

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group