SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Page 10 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by Mimi27 Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 am

The VoiceOver from Des at FRC, "and I don't know what I'm going to do," was placed there to throw us off. She said that before the RC with Chris and Drew. Des knew exactly what she was going to do at the FRC. She was going to accept Chris' proposal as soon as the words came out of his mouth!
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by USAGold Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am

Mimi27 wrote:The VoiceOver from Des at FRC, "and I don't know what I'm going to do," was placed there to throw us off. She said that before the RC with Chris and Drew. Des knew exactly what she was going to do at the FRC. She was going to accept Chris' proposal as soon as the words came out of his mouth!
Right on that was a bit too obvious !! Makes ya wonder how many statement are in there out of place to throw us off !! Plenty I am sure! Aww but we keep watching!! 
Why? We love a good romance !! Plus I love seeing all the beautiful places around the world they go!!
Plus the fashion etc!!

USAGold

Female Posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 am

Bachelorette winner and UP alum Chris Siegfried to return to The Bluff

August 29, 2013 By The Beacon Leave a Comment

http://upbeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_0921-150x150.jpgDigg  

By Kate Stringer

While many UP alums searched for jobs this summer, one was searching for love on national television. 2012 UP graduate Chris Siegfried captured the hearts of many women this summer, including ABC’s Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock. After cross-continental dating and dramatized heartbreak, Siegfried finally took a knee and proposed to Hartsock, earning her final rose and a pending engagement.

During his time at UP, Siegfried pitched for the baseball team and was a member of the E-Scholars program. He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2007 where he played minor league baseball before returning to UP in 2011 to finish his degree in economics.

The couple now live in Seattle together where Siegfried works at HomeStreet Mortgage Bank.

The Beacon caught up with Siegfried last weekend as he drove across Washington’s Highway 2 from a weekend vacation at Lake Chelan. Across the crackling speaker phone and stop-and-go traffic, Siegfried filled us in on his days as a Pilot and his plan to visit The Bluff next month.

What is your best memory from your time at UP?

I really enjoyed a lot. I enjoyed baseball. My best time at UP was getting to know the friends that I have still and being a part of the baseball program and the E-Scholars program at the school there.

You have a book of poems coming out soon – “Diamonds and Hearts.” Did you write or take any poetry classes while at UP?

Yeah I took writing courses. I took two college writing courses. I don’t remember the professor’s name though. I enjoyed them very much, it allowed me to break up the business portion I was taking everyday. It allowed me to get my creative juices flowing.

What’s the best place to hang out in North Portland?

Besides the T-Room on Thursday nights? John Street Café is a good spot, we used to go there a lot. You should go, it’s awesome.

You already went to a Seahawks game and toured Discovery Park. What else are you going to introduce Desiree to in the Pacific Northwest?

Another time we’re definitely going to go up to Crystal. We definitely want to try to get up to Whistler at some point. So we’ll see if we can make that happen. It will be nice to experience Seattle together. I’ve only been there for a year so it will be nice to hang out.

In an interview with Baseball America you mentioned coming back to UP for alumni baseball games. Will you be returning to The Bluff anytime soon with Desiree?

Yeah the alumni weekend is the 13th, 14th and 15th so I’ll be down there playing a game. We’re just gonna kinda hang out. The game’s at 1 p.m. on Saturday.

Any advice for Pilots looking for love?

Try out for The Bachelorette. No, just keep an open mind and an open heart, and be willing to date and write a lot of poetry. I’m not Dr. Phil so I’m not really the best for that advice.

You’ve delved into a versatile set of activities and career paths including baseball, banking, The Bachelorette, UP’s E-Scholars and modeling. What’s your advice for Pilots deciding upon their career path?

Good question. Just try to go with what you feel you know you’re passionate about and just pursue that. You know, try it for two years and if it doesn’t work out you can change course but go after what you’re passionate about. Right now I’m passionate about Des (laughs). Just kidding…but really.

Siegfried3

Fast Facts:

Walk-up song for baseball

A German techno song from “Super Troopers.”

UP dorm

Corrado Hall freshman year, then off-campus housing

Favorite professor or class

Dr. Adams: finance, Dr. Seal: economics, Dr. Anderson: E- Scholars program, and Gwynn Klobes: adviser.

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea_kristy Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 am

#Bachelorette winner @ChrisRSiegfried talks to @UPBeacon about memories at UP and life with Desiree Hartsock

Bachelorette winner and UP alum Chris Siegfried to return to The Bluff

While many UP alums searched for jobs this summer, one was searching for love on national television. 2012 UP graduate Chris Siegfried captured the hearts of many women this summer, including ABC’s Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock. After cross-continental dating and dramatized heartbreak, Siegfried finally took a knee and proposed to Hartsock, earning her final rose and a pending engagement.

During his time at UP, Siegfried pitched for the baseball team and was a member of the E-Scholars program. He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2007 where he played minor league baseball before returning to UP in 2011 to finish his degree in economics.

The couple now live in Seattle together where Siegfried works at HomeStreet Mortgage Bank.

The Beacon caught up with Siegfried last weekend as he drove across Washington’s Highway 2 from a weekend vacation at Lake Chelan. Across the crackling speaker phone and stop-and-go traffic, Siegfried filled us in on his days as a Pilot and his plan to visit The Bluff next month.

You already went to a Seahawks game and toured Discovery Park. What else are you going to introduce Desiree to in the Pacific Northwest?
Another time we’re definitely going to go up to Crystal. We definitely want to try to get up to Whistler at some point. So we’ll see if we can make that happen. It will be nice to experience Seattle together. I’ve only been there for a year so it will be nice to hang out.

You’ve delved into a versatile set of activities and career paths including baseball, banking, The Bachelorette, UP’s E-Scholars and modeling. What’s your advice for Pilots deciding upon their career path?
Good question. Just try to go with what you feel you know you’re passionate about and just pursue that. You know, try it for two years and if it doesn’t work out you can change course but go after what you’re passionate about. Right now I’m passionate about Des (laughs). Just kidding…but really.
andrea_kristy
andrea_kristy

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:38 am

I love that he said, "I'm passionate about Des right now." He's hilarious! giggling beatingheart 
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm

veg_out wrote:I love that he said, "I'm passionate about Des right now." He's hilarious! giggling beatingheart 
LOL..i second that.hehehe .its funny that his "timeline" matches Fleissian time line for keeping the ring as well giggling Hugesmile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm

6 Biggest Bachelorette Moments, Set to His Own Verse
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/chris-siegfried-s-6-biggest--bachelorette--moments--set-to-his-own-verse-165702076.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:35 am

wow A positive review of our dear hunk`s memoir !!!  :jumpyay:
http://www.ibtimes.com/bachelorette-couple-chris-siegfried-desiree-hartsock-release-poetry-book-where-buy-it-1398273

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:53 am

murasaki1393 wrote:wow A positive review of our dear hunk`s memoir !!!   :jumpyay:
http://www.ibtimes.com/bachelorette-couple-chris-siegfried-desiree-hartsock-release-poetry-book-where-buy-it-1398273
Unfortunately, the positivity stops at the article. The comments are less than kind.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:07 pm

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/160483/bachelorette_desiree_hartsock_may_end

what do i know about astrology?..one thing i am sure of...Mister JBF :WAVEY: would love this post...giggling

loooove their praise for our lovely boy!!...blowkiss 

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:59 am

Gaaah! Finally I was able to watch The Finale, as I was out of the country for a whole month.
(needed to leave, mama died and it was hard for me so I took a plane to exotic locales, and missed the finale)

Maybe I was still jetlagged. But after the proposal I was sobbing like a baby. Chris is always there
for Desiree, he was there when Bryden left her in Germany, still there after Brooks delivered a shocking and humiliating to blow to her heart and ego. Maybe it was Chris's words "its not a yes or a no, its a 'do you want to grow old together, do you want to share experiences with me together,can I share mine with you? do you want to have kids? Do you want to have a family?"
A man truly in love and has no agenda is refreshing to see in this show. A woman needs two things in life, a man who loves her a tad more than she loves him and a painful sobering unforgettable lesson so she can appreciate and be greatful for the man who is always there for her.

And Chris is beautiful!!!!! Like Des, I didnt see it right away, or I knew I just didnt know how beautiful he really is... maybe because he was too nice and wear his heart on his sleeves plus the barrage of cheesy poetry. Now I just might buy the Chres poetry memoir, except ofcourse if Murasaki shares her copy.

charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 am

charriotoffire wrote:
Gaaah!  Finally I was able to watch The Finale,  as I was out of the country for a whole month.
(needed to leave, mama died and it was hard for me so I took a plane to exotic locales, and missed the finale)

Maybe I was still jetlagged.  But after the proposal I was sobbing like a baby.  Chris is always there
for Desiree,  he was there when Bryden left her in Germany, still there after Brooks delivered a shocking and humiliating to blow to her heart and ego.    Maybe it was Chris's words "its not a yes or a no,  its a 'do you want to grow old together, do you want to share experiences with me together,can I share mine with you? do you want to have kids? Do you want to have a family?"  
A man truly in love and has no agenda is refreshing to see in this show.  A woman needs two things in life,  a man who loves her a tad more than she loves him and a painful sobering unforgettable lesson so she can appreciate and be greatful for  the man who is always there for her.

And Chris is beautiful!!!!! Like Des, I didnt see it right away, or I knew I just didnt know how beautiful he really is... maybe because he was too nice and wear his heart on his sleeves plus the barrage of cheesy poetry.  Now I just might buy the Chres poetry memoir, except ofcourse if Murasaki shares her copy.
Regarding the bolded, welcome to the club LOL. Also, sorry to hear about your mom, may she rest in peace.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

+91
provenceguy
Maddy
intheroom
Stacia620
StacyNor