SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Page 32 of 62 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 47 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 am

I can't tell from what we have seen if he is bright or dull intellectually, but I did my usual internet round up on the family, and his father is indeed exceptional, intelligentsia / elite. JP was born in IThaca NY because his dad taught architecture at Cornell. Just as a tiny example. JP isn't settling down with some hairdresser for starters. Sharleen's in the league he sees himself with. Nikki is in between. Dad is an exec at Hallmark .. Nice US upper middle class family, but nothing special. Smart girl with exceptional looks in same league as Carla model-wise. So it's a possibility. But still not sure he had remotely opened his head or heart to seriously finding a spouse on a tv show. So I have doubts about whether a post show relationship flourished or not. I don't think Clare had a shot at the grand prize. Class matters. Even Andi ... Smart as she might be (though I'm underwhelmed as lawyers are a dime a dozen and I can say that) she was no match for him in terms of Mundo either. I am eager to see the meet the family scenes st Lucia.

His moms comment reminded me of when graham bunn mother looked Deanna in the eye and said her son was not a commitment, steady relationship guy. And then he quit the show.

Or Jef Holm brother telling him on camera he had never known his brother to want a family, child, etc. for himself at that stage of life.

She says JP can be difficult. Let's hear more about that.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Post by eliza3 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:38 am

livlafluv1 wrote:
Mirzam wrote:
livlafluv1 wrote:Thanks Mirzam. Just trying to keep things light. Notice things tend to get a little heated at this point in the season.

I also watched the youtube video of Sen. Marco Rubio's speech that JP tweeted about a little while ago. While I was not a big fan of the way JP spoke to Clare after the swim in the ocean, I think there is more going on there intellectually than some give him credit for. He does not appear to get idioms, which would totally make sense-I wouldn't necessarily expect him to.

Juan Pablo's father is a very accomplished man, an engineer I believe. In an interview Chris Harrison called him the original Dos Equis guy, The Most Interesting Man in the World. So one would assume that Juan Pablo is no Philistine.

I agree. If I understood what I was hearing in the countdown to JP episode, he was dropped off by his father at an American college close to the age of 16 where he played soccer. He graduated in 4 years. (Being a student/athlete is not always as easy as it looks, in addition to studying in what is his second language) of course, I have no idea what his degree is in.  He appears to be interested in sports/entertainment and although much fun has been made of his career, I suspect his real occupation is something closer to the public relations field, helping to promote athletes and entertainers of Venezuelan heritage, as well as others.  His daughter is obviously being provided with artistic opportunities, as evidenced by the dance recital and the fact that she has a vocal coach. His "real" purpose for doing the show, only he knows for sure. After his edit, and the not so subtle digs he has received from CH and others, I hope he ends up with whatever he was looking for.

JP's father Saul is a very accomplished architect and artist. Saulgalavis.com
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:49 am

jlccaz wrote:I can't tell from what we have seen if he is bright or dull intellectually, but I did my usual internet round up on the family, and his father is indeed exceptional, intelligentsia / elite.  JP was born in IThaca NY because his dad taught architecture at Cornell.  Just as a tiny example.  JP isn't settling down with some hairdresser for starters.  Sharleen's in the league he sees himself with.  Nikki is in between.  Dad is an exec at Hallmark .. Nice US upper middle class family, but nothing special.  Smart girl with exceptional looks in same league as Carla model-wise.  So it's a possibility.  But still not sure he had remotely opened his head or heart to seriously finding a spouse on a tv show.  So I have doubts about whether a post show relationship flourished or not.  I don't think Clare had a shot at the grand prize.  Class matters.  Even Andi ... Smart as she might be (though I'm underwhelmed as lawyers are a dime a dozen and I can say that) she was no match for him in terms of Mundo either.  I am eager to see the meet the family scenes st Lucia.  

His moms comment reminded me of when graham bunn mother looked Deanna in the eye and said her son was not a commitment, steady relationship guy.  And then he quit the show.

Or Jef Holm brother telling him on camera he had never known his brother to want a family, child, etc. for himself at that stage of life.

She says JP can be difficult.  Let's hear more about that.  

I too am curious to hear what his parents have to say and to see exactly which members of JP's family the F2 meet during the MTP portion of the upcoming episode.
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 am

For the previews we see Juan Pablo's mother say (to Clare), that he can be rude, and his father described him as 'not an easy guy" but not apparent who he said that to.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:00 am

jlccaz wrote:I can't tell from what we have seen if he is bright or dull intellectually, but I did my usual internet round up on the family, and his father is indeed exceptional, intelligentsia / elite.  JP was born in IThaca NY because his dad taught architecture at Cornell.  Just as a tiny example.  JP isn't settling down with some hairdresser for starters.  Sharleen's in the league he sees himself with.  Nikki is in between.  Dad is an exec at Hallmark .. Nice US upper middle class family, but nothing special.  Smart girl with exceptional looks in same league as Carla model-wise.  So it's a possibility.  But still not sure he had remotely opened his head or heart to seriously finding a spouse on a tv show.  So I have doubts about whether a post show relationship flourished or not.  I don't think Clare had a shot at the grand prize.  Class matters.  Even Andi ... Smart as she might be (though I'm underwhelmed as lawyers are a dime a dozen and I can say that) she was no match for him in terms of Mundo either.  I am eager to see the meet the family scenes st Lucia.  

His moms comment reminded me of when graham bunn mother looked Deanna in the eye and said her son was not a commitment, steady relationship guy.  And then he quit the show.

Great post.  :yes:  I remember when Graham's Mom made that comment and I thought it was a strange thing to say if she believed her son was on the show to find love or even went on the show and stumbled upon love. She knew 100% Graham was coming home. They showed Juan's Mom making a similar comment for a reason too. Maybe Juan is not picking anyone, or maybe he is, but his Mom knows something we don't know. Now it is possible Juan did "unexpectantly" did fall in love/like, but I think his Mom was telling the truth. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:08 am

You make many good points. In terms of wealth & class, a similarity between Juan Pablo & Nikki is neither appears to wear their wealth.

Nikki's daytime wardrobe (a parttime model who doesn't put as much value on clothes/makeup as some of the others) Lucy was the same way but she is a professional model... Not sure of her financial background
Camila's recital was not at a pricey looking dance studio.

I think the way people view the role of money often makes or breaks a relationship.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel123 Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:43 am

notarose wrote:

You make many good points.  In terms of wealth & class, a similarity between Juan Pablo & Nikki is neither appears to wear their wealth.

Nikki's daytime wardrobe (a parttime model who doesn't put as much value on clothes/makeup as some of the others) Lucy was the same way but she is a professional model... Not sure of her financial background
Camila's recital was not at a pricey looking dance studio.

I think the way people view the role of money often makes or breaks a relationship.

I like reading both your posts. It's insightful. And i agree Nikki and JP appears to be low maintenance despite their family background.
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Not sure it means anything, but Élan had posted a snapshot of Nikki and Juan kissing on their horses in St.lucia. As it turned out this pic was posted by BestVacations who is now being followed by Nikki. Maybe it is nothing...

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Idlemess wrote:Not sure it means anything, but Élan had posted a snapshot of Nikki and Juan kissing on their horses in St.lucia. As it turned out this pic was posted by BestVacations who is now being followed by Nikki. Maybe it is nothing...

I'm not sure how many maybe nothings = something  Hugesmile There's been a lot.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Here's the link of the photo in case someone wanted to see it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:06 pm

And not sure if this means anything either but:

iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:14 pm

iamreal2u wrote:And not sure if this means anything either but:

There has been a lot of proof Nikki is the F1. I realize there are those who will refuse to believe it until they see it, but it seems really clear at this point.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 62 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 47 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 18 - Tweet/Facebook Updates - Discussion

+77
Alanna
Sable
Cari
Mustang19
ElonM