SELECT CONTENT

Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by chloep Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm

she's the only one who does not speak spanish.

She doesn't? I thought she does... Didn't we hear her say that on the show? It would strike rather weird if she didn't.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 pm

No, she does not. JPG's brother asked her on the MTP date if she spoke spanish and she said that her mom is mexican and her whole family speaks spanish but she does not. She said she understands a little bit though. I too find it odd that her whole family (atleast on her mothers side) speaks it and she doesn't. I wonder how that came to be. But she is involved with her culture considering on her HTD they ate mexican food, said "salud" which means "cheers" and that gold bar necklace she always wore/wears says "creer" which means "believe" and the new one she just got says "fuerzas" which means "strength".

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Sprite wrote:
While I am glad she is happy and moved on, perhaps learned something about herself, I'm sorry, but I don't buy the whole standing up for myself schtick. If he had chosen her, she would have happily accepted his rose and non proposal and we wouldn't have heard any more about any of this...until the break up. Hopefully, having seen this, next time she truly can stand up for herself and not let a man treat her like cr*p.

I didn't buy the standing up for myself schtick either.  Seemed rehearsed, as if she knew that she would be F2 and prepared her speech in advance. Clare was pi**ed and well prepared, down to the double handed push on JP's chest. Not that TPTB would create an opportunity to blast JP like Andi did a few days prior  giggling  Her follow up performances at ATFR and GMA were more of the same.  Not bad auditions for future Bachelor Pad glory.

I'm guessing that Clare learned to use her beauty to her advantage at an early age and who doesn't?  She is by far the most attractive in her family and probably "babied" by the family as well. Her sister Laura even called her out on trying to manipulate their mom, so I'm guessing it wasn't the first time. They all seemed very protective and supportive of her though.

I hope that Clare will mature from this experience and realize that a man can't give her the validation she is seeking. Good luck Clare.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 pm

I also thought she was one of/if not the most attractive on her season...which obviously helps being in a house with other women. But again...that's only going off physically.

I wish I had her body. That's where those latina genes helped her though. She may not look hispanic (dark features) or speak spanish but she definitely got those hispanic curves.

Last edited by eversotrue on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:46 pm

chloep wrote:^^ Sable, I agree with you on basically everything.

As for the last paragraph..... I believe it come down to self-esteem. For women in particular, beauty and self-esteem are highly linked. Many women feel that much of their self-worth relies entirely on external judgments of their physical appearance. However. IMO, outer beauty has nothing to do with self worth and self-esteem. For example, there are women who are very effective and successful in their professional life but cannot seem to get it together in their personal life. Their self-esteem is often low because of negative remarks that come from people close to them, from people, whose opinion they value(parents, significant others, "friends" ..etc), and pressures of looking perfect from the media, etc., resulting into image issues.

My mother always told me that a woman has to make a decision. A decision not to believe the things(lies) that she has been told about herself by others. She has to believe that she is worthy of respect and admiration. She has to believe that she does not need somebody to complete her world. That she has to learn who she is on/(and by) her own before she can truly give even the tiniest part of herself to somebody.

At the end of the day being pretty does not mean a thing. Outer beauty is fleeting. It's whats going on on the inside that determines who you are.
No matter how you "look" it comes down to how you treat yourself. Treat yourself with great care and respect and let the world know that you should be treated with the respect you deserve.

___
LOL. I guess, if I get fired today I could get a job writing those inspirational messages on tampon wrappers. console :dancingdoggy!  
___

PS. Happy Birthday Sable!  :Happy Birthday

Very good points about beauty and self esteem. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! :Smiley: 
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm

bleuberry wrote:Well, she doesn't want to spill to the world (those who haven't figured it out) that she had sex with Juan Pablo.

During the show, she blurted it out in the heat of the moment. And I don't blame her, I would be pleading the 5th too.

I think she already told them not to go there and that she wasn't going to talk about it.

Very true! I think she recognized the mistake of telling the world that she slept with him. For all we know, he could have slept with all 3 but, since what happens in the fantasy suite stays in the fantasy suite, we know nothing. People were already speculating they had sex in Vietnam, so which means, they did it twice. So, I would definitely be pleading the 5th too. Watching the AFTR, she looked embarrassed, but was being brave.
My thing with her is going around interview saying people got to see JP true color. Well yay, he is rude, too honest,etc But, we got to see her true color too, if you know what I am saying.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:20 pm

FLChica wrote:
Sprite wrote:
While I am glad she is happy and moved on, perhaps learned something about herself, I'm sorry, but I don't buy the whole standing up for myself schtick. If he had chosen her, she would have happily accepted his rose and non proposal and we wouldn't have heard any more about any of this...until the break up. Hopefully, having seen this, next time she truly can stand up for herself and not let a man treat her like cr*p.

I didn't buy the standing up for myself schtick either.  Seemed rehearsed, as if she knew that she would be F2 and prepared her speech in advance. Clare was pi**ed and well prepared, down to the double handed push on JP's chest. Not that TPTB would create an opportunity to blast JP like Andi did a few days prior  giggling  Her follow up performances at ATFR and GMA were more of the same.  Not bad auditions for future Bachelor Pad glory.

I'm guessing that Clare learned to use her beauty to her advantage at an early age and who doesn't?  She is by far the most attractive in her family and probably "babied" by the family as well. Her sister Laura even called her out on trying to manipulate their mom, so I'm guessing it wasn't the first time.  They all seemed very protective and supportive of her though.

I hope that Clare will mature from this experience and realize that a man can't give her the validation she is seeking. Good luck Clare.

Amen to that! I really wish her well. At 32 years old, she needs to do a check up from the neck up about how she present herself to guys and make the necessary changes. Good luck Clare. Life is a series of choices, good or bad. We learn, grow and move on. No condemnation.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
see2love wrote:I hope she only talks about her own experience and they leave JuanP and Nikki alone. They have chosen to walk away from it all, including perks i'd hope they let them be.

I do too, but that probably won't happen. I would rather hear her take some responsibility for her part (not calling him on anything he may have said immediately, not leaving on her own, willing to accept a proposal) than listen to sour grapes four months after the fact. Take the high road. She got her share of support from the public, and I would rather hear her say she's doing well and has moved on.

ITA. But, I have not heard it yet, which means she has not learned, therefore will keep getting her heart broken.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Is is possible to have a fan thread for Clare?
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Maggenzm, she DID say she thought the show was edited to show herself and she did say she should have left after the helicopter comments (and she may even think right after ocean gate). Either way, she says she has no regrets...therefore, good for her! A lot of the drama (most of it) may have revolved around her this season...but a lot of it (most of it) was not even her "fault".

I do have to say though: I found it 'oh so hilarious;)' that JP tried to blame Clare for breaking the "No Kissing Rule" when he broke his own "No Kissing Rule" (she/the other girls didn't know at the time)! Really?! He's got some nerve. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 pm

ElonM wrote:Is is possible to have a fan thread for Clare?

I would like a fan thread for Clare also.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Sable wrote:
ElonM wrote:Is is possible to have a fan thread for Clare?

I would like a fan thread for Clare also.

hahaha, I don't fault you guys for wanting a fan thread. I didn't have a favourite in the season but, honestly, I feel your pain. Having to read posts after posts where everyone is willing to accept that the JP character we got was as a result of bad edit, but we are not willing to accord other casts the same benefit of the doubt, gets tiring. Does anyone here know Clare? How do you know the Clare that we are so ready to judge, even pity, wasn't a character also? Even the girls who were on the season with her admired her gumption for taking the initiative to go after what she wanted, while calling out JP for his handling of oceangate and other stuff. Chris H readily admitted that she is emotional (and that's not a bad thing) but that she is also a very strong and confident woman, whom he liked. Her friends and family have also made nothing but positive comments about her. In fact the word that is repeatedly used is "amazing."

...I've lost track...anyway.... For those who love her and care, I came here to post that it's her birthday tomorrow and someone tweeted that she is having some kind of celebration in L.A, sometime this weekend.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Clare Crawley - Bachelor 18 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+52
livlafluv1
Isabel123
richmondrose
Mustang19
docnash14