SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8 - Page 33 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8

Post by Nonina430 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Karen, when I saw that you were the first person I thought of

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8 - Page 33 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8

Post by karenap63 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Nonina, oh to be young again. I just adored him on the bachelorette that season and still do. Just a sweet, kind, gentle soul, but not a smart ass either. I just feel the process was too much for him. I really got angry after the season was over and all the crude, unkind things that were said about him and believe me I spoke my mind about it. I still follow him on this site (which I love, I always lmao), twitter, facebook and pinerest. Have a good week, it's still so cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa. I can't wait to thaw out. lol

karenap63

Female Posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

I was bored and read Reality Steve and there was a funny e-mail about how there is a twin of Brooks on MTV's Real World and his name is Tom. Anyone see it? So funny how much they look alike!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Atem, awhile back, sfrank posted, ( if we needed a Brooks fix) we should watch MTV's Real World, she gave
The link as well. And yes, he looks very much like Brooks, will have to revisit the site again.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:36 pm

karenap63 wrote:Nonina, oh to be young again.  I just adored him on the bachelorette that season and still do.  Just a sweet, kind, gentle soul, but not a smart ass either.  I just feel the process was too much for him.  I really got angry after the season was over and all the crude, unkind things that were said about him and believe me I spoke my mind about it. I still follow him on this site (which I love, I always lmao), twitter, facebook and pinerest.  Have a good week, it's still so cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.  I can't wait to thaw out.  lol

It's interesting/annoying to see the difference of reactions to very similar situations btw Brooks, Sharleen and Andi. All 3 of them left "dumped" the lead by coming to the conclusion they were not in love with the lead and didn't see it happening so were honest about it. When Brooks did it, there was ALOT of backlash towards him by fans and some of the former contestants alike which irritated me to no end because while it was sad he was doing the right thing by both him and Desiree by not forcing it to go on. Yet when Sharleen and Andi do the exact same thing, people are cheering them and praising them. Don't get me wrong, I agree that they both did the right thing but it just makes me mad for the reaction people had towards Brooks. I guess when the girls are the dumpers it "woo hoo girl power" but if the guy does it it is "ugh what a douche."
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Nonina430 wrote:

Atem, awhile back, sfrank posted, ( if we needed a Brooks fix) we should watch MTV's Real World, she gave
The link as well. And yes, he looks very much like Brooks, will have to revisit the site again.

I missed that post!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi, Monica.. In Brooks case we had a Damsel In Distress, Des broke everyone's heart. That's when the

Backlash was the worst, a week later she accepted a proposal from another. Huh

In J P's case his reaction was much different, "ess OK" Interestingly it made a difference on viewers

Emotional scale. jP was one of the contestants who spoke out ( sort of) against Brooks, at that time.

I personally thought JP women were ridiculous, with the exception of Sharleen.

Brooks will forever remain a hero in my heart, I'm having such a good time with his charming personality

I think we all are, and his gogeousness...

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by karenap63 Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 am

:hidingchair 
MonicaJM2001 wrote:
karenap63 wrote:Nonina, oh to be young again.  I just adored him on the bachelorette that season and still do.  Just a sweet, kind, gentle soul, but not a smart ass either.  I just feel the process was too much for him.  I really got angry after the season was over and all the crude, unkind things that were said about him and believe me I spoke my mind about it. I still follow him on this site (which I love, I always lmao), twitter, facebook and pinerest.  Have a good week, it's still so cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.  I can't wait to thaw out.  laugh out loud

It's interesting/annoying to see the difference of reactions to very similar situations btw Brooks, Sharleen and Andi. All 3 of them left "dumped" the lead by coming to the conclusion they were not in love with the lead and didn't see it happening so were honest about it. When Brooks did it, there was ALOT of backlash towards him by fans and some of the former contestants alike which irritated me to no end because while it was sad he was doing the right thing by both him and Desiree by not forcing it to go on. Yet when Sharleen and Andi do the exact same thing, people are cheering them and praising them. Don't get me wrong, I agree that they both did the right thing but it just makes me mad for the reaction people had towards Brooks. I guess when the girls are the dumpers it "woo hoo girl power" but if the guy does it it is "ugh what a douche."

I totally agree.  I haven't watched JP season.  I never really cared for him, plus I'm old and couldn't understand him.  I guess I need hearing aids. :Frown:  Like I said, I respected Brooks so much because he was very honest and got bashed for it. I got such negative responses from the other boards, because I voiced my opinion about it.  :hidingchair  Yes, I would have loved to see him with Des, but if he wasn't feeling it, he wasn't feeling it.  I just love following him because I think he  is so honest, open and up front.  I wish I could see him every week on the tube again. hissyfit :Drool:

karenap63

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:31 am

karenap63 wrote::hidingchair 
MonicaJM2001 wrote:
karenap63 wrote:Nonina, oh to be young again.  I just adored him on the bachelorette that season and still do.  Just a sweet, kind, gentle soul, but not a smart ass either.  I just feel the process was too much for him.  I really got angry after the season was over and all the crude, unkind things that were said about him and believe me I spoke my mind about it. I still follow him on this site (which I love, I always lmao), twitter, facebook and pinerest.  Have a good week, it's still so cold here in Pittsburgh, Pa.  I can't wait to thaw out.  laugh out loud

I totally agree.  I haven't watched JP season.  I never really cared for him, plus I'm old and couldn't understand him.  I guess I need hearing aids. :Frown:  Like I said, I respected Brooks so much because he was very honest and got bashed for it. I got such negative responses from the other boards, because I voiced my opinion about it.  :hidingchair  Yes, I would have loved to see him with Des, but if he wasn't feeling it, he wasn't feeling it.  I just love following him because I think he  is so honest, open and up front.  I wish I could see him every week on the tube again. hissyfit :Drool:

yes ITA with all of you!  bestbud! What I also think is interesting is Brooks was criticized for how late he left in the show and Andi left after the overnights, not before like Brooks and didn't get blasted for it. Her whole leaving scene wasn't all that believable to me and felt like a set up making her exit as dramatic as possible. I don't think she was ever that interested in JP and to make it seem like her feelings changed in a matter of hours, I don't buy it (kind of like I never bought Des' acceptance of Chris' proposal after the Brooks heartbreak....OK...OK I know  deadhorse ) Brooks was honest and as kind as he could be....Andi was just auditioning to be the next 'ette...JMO. I think what Andi was most upset about is that JP wasn't that upset. I know wrong thread....back to Brooks.... Hugesmile 

Anybody know when Brooks will be back from Costa Rica?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:40 am

Nope. No idea how long he's at Costa Rica.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by karenap63 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:58 am

Rolly wrote:
karenap63 wrote::hidingchair 
MonicaJM2001 wrote:

yes ITA with all of you!  bestbud! What I also think is interesting is Brooks was criticized for how late he left in the show and Andi left after the overnights, not before like Brooks and didn't get blasted for it. Her whole leaving scene wasn't all that believable to me and felt like a set up making her exit as dramatic as possible. I don't think she was ever that interested in JP and to make it seem like her feelings changed in a matter of hours, I don't buy it (kind of like I never bought Des' acceptance of Chris' proposal after the Brooks heartbreak....OK...OK I know  deadhorse ) Brooks was honest and as kind as he could be....Andi was just auditioning to be the next 'ette...JMO. I think what Andi was most upset about is that JP wasn't that upset. I know wrong thread....back to Brooks.... Hugesmile 

Anybody know when Brooks will be back from Costa Rica?

Hi Ms. Rolly, how r you doing.  You can keep deadhorse , we all understand and behind you 100% bestbud! 
I suppose I'll try to watch these last two episodes of JP, I'll turn my closed caption button on.  Have a great weekend.  We are starting to thaw here, thank God. High clap

karenap63

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Love this thread. I too didn't buy the whole Des and Chris right away. I do think Des and Chris are a good match and I think Brooks saw that and gracefully exited. He could have dated Des, but I think he saw that his feelings weren't what Chris's were and that he maybe should let her go.

I think she would have chosen Brooks and should thank him for opening her eyes to Chris. I love Chris and think she is very lucky to have him.

Zak was my favorite on the season, but since the show I have loved watching Brooks. His intelligence, compassion and humor are awesome. I find myself going to his twitter at least once a week to keep up (I refuse to join twitter so I just look at the front pages) and find him to be a great person away from the crap that is the bachelor world. I love that he will still interact, but doesn't want to seem to cling to the bachelor lifestyle that so many other contestants do.

Love Brooks and happy to have you all here to share that love with.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #8

+42
Luvstruck
Aunties_Love
latergator
GuardianAngel
MonicaJM2001