SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Not loving Amy's second "dance" because let's face it, there was very little actual dancing. Sitting on a table this time vs. the stool last week was it?, not really fair when others are moving across the ballroom...and her first dance showed that she could as well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by sanlee088 Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Sanlee, I think Derek is amazing too, and Amy's quickstep was truly awesome, but no way should she or Candace be in the final over Charlie.

I do blame Sharna for Charlie leaving though, I actually felt they had no chemistry and she didn't really help him with moving better.  Tonight his samba reminded me of Evan and his hip issues, Anna worked really hard with that, and Sharna just tried to blow it off.  

I am still pissed Charlie should have had Cheryl as a partner, she would have gotten him to the finals.  Ugh, I think Amy can dance and actually deserved the finals more than Candace, but I am so pissed.

I did not see who left as I turned the channel before it was over, but I am surprised to hear that Charlie left. I honestly like all of the ones left, so I guess everything happens for a reason. I agree though that I think Candace is probably the one who should have gone home. I do like her, but I don't think she is better than any of the others left.

There was something about Sharna that I did not like. I don't know what it is, but I agree she didn't seem to help him as much as she could have.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 13, 2014 3:51 am

Sprite wrote:Not loving Amy's second "dance" because let's face it, there was very little actual dancing. Sitting on a table this time vs. the stool last week was it?, not really fair when others are moving across the ballroom...and her first dance showed that she could as well.

Yep, ITA and then they give her 10's for sitting through most of the dance (actually the song because she wasn't really dancing). SMH  🇳🇴 
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 13, 2014 4:47 am

SLA44 wrote:
Sprite wrote:Not loving Amy's second "dance" because let's face it, there was very little actual dancing. Sitting on a table this time vs. the stool last week was it?, not really fair when others are moving across the ballroom...and her first dance showed that she could as well.

Yep, ITA and then they give her 10's for sitting through most of the dance (actually the song because she wasn't really dancing).  SMH  🇳🇴 

Exactly! It bugs me that that dance got a perfect score when she barely moved. Same with the AT on the previous week. I get that she has challenges that the others don't, but at the start they said they would not let that influence them and clearly they are. She doesn't get dinged for lifts and let's be real, for most of her dances, she actually doesn't cover much of the floor like everyone else. And if I am really being honest, I am getting tired of hearing what an inspiration she is...just as I am tired of listening to Candice talking about how she is dancing for God. Please. As if he cares about DWTS or Survivor or AR.  :hidingchair 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 am

So disappointed that Charlie got voted off. I think it should have been Amy. The judges have been inflating her scores. I agree that it's amazing what she can do despite her disability but still she should have been the one to leave.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 am

I agree, sad to see Charlie go. I like Sharna, but I don't know what it is about her dancing with her partners. She doesn't seem to bring out their best, maybe her choreography - I don't know. She is a good dancer, I can't put my finger on it.

Amy again, while I love Derek, and he is making the best of it this season, I just don't think it's fair to judge and compare Amy with the rest. So for last night's dance, which requires fast movement and lots of bouncing, why was she allowed to suit her prosthetics to the dance? Maybe I don't understand, but shouldn't she be wearing the same prosthetics for all of the dances? That seemed to give her an advantage as those blades look like they naturally are bouncy? I really give the credit to Derek in the choreography, he is working with what he has. I don't like the stool and table "dancing" either, but he is doing his best to bring out her strengths and hide weaknesses.

I think either Candace or James will be 4th and 3rd, hopefully Amy 2nd and Meryl 1st.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Pia1 wrote:So disappointed that Charlie got voted off. I think it should have been Amy.  The judges have been inflating her scores. I agree that it's amazing what she can do despite her disability but still she should have been the one to leave.

I was really sad to see Charlie go as well: he didn't deserve to go. But the show is about popularity and last week, the Meryl/Charlie fans who might normally split their votes were forced to vote for Meryl to save her. THAT was unfair, that they scored Meryl so low and Amy/"DJ" so high. Amy is good at what she does and Derek is amazing at choreography and matching the dance to his partner.
All that being said, Meryl and Maks have been breathtaking in their dances: they tell a beautiful story in the dance and you just cannot take your eyes off of them. Whether you like Maks or not, he has blossomed with Meryl and in my opinion, their dances are never long enough, I can't wait to see the next one and wish the one they are doing lasted longer.
I HOPE they win, because they deserve it: not because I dislike any of the other dancers or Pros.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I agree, sad to see Charlie go. I like Sharna, but I don't know what it is about her dancing with her partners. She doesn't seem to bring out their best, maybe her choreography - I don't know. She is a good dancer, I can't put my finger on it.

Amy again, while I love Derek, and he is making the best of it this season, I just don't think it's fair to judge and compare Amy with the rest. So for last night's dance, which requires fast movement and lots of bouncing, why was she allowed to suit her prosthetics to the dance? Maybe I don't understand, but shouldn't she be wearing the same prosthetics for all of the dances? That seemed to give her an advantage as those blades look like they naturally are bouncy? I really give the credit to Derek in the choreography, he is working with what he has. I don't like the stool and table "dancing" either, but he is doing his best to bring out her strengths and hide weaknesses.

I think either Candace or James will be 4th and 3rd, hopefully Amy 2nd and Meryl 1st.

She has worn varioius prosthetics all season, so that didn't bother me. I actually think she is a pretty good dancer, but when she is performing the dance (table and chair props included) it should be mentioned.

I didn't mind Maks and Meryl getting 9s for their Rumba last week as I agreed it lacked a lot of Rumba elements. But then count Amy off when she doesn't perform the dance. I thought her quickstep was good, and I had no problem with those blades, to me it is like wearing the right shoe for the dance.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Tue May 13, 2014 12:52 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:So disappointed that Charlie got voted off. I think it should have been Amy.  The judges have been inflating her scores. I agree that it's amazing what she can do despite her disability but still she should have been the one to leave.

I was really sad to see Charlie go as well: he didn't deserve to go. But the show is about popularity and last week, the Meryl/Charlie fans who might normally split their votes were forced to vote for Meryl to save her. THAT was unfair, that they scored Meryl so low and Amy/"DJ" so high. Amy is good at what she does and Derek is amazing at choreography and matching the dance to his partner.
All that being said, Meryl and Maks have been breathtaking in their dances: they tell a beautiful story in the dance and you just cannot take your eyes off of them. Whether you like Maks or not, he has blossomed with Meryl and in my opinion, their dances are never long enough, I can't wait to see the next one and wish the one they are doing lasted longer.
I HOPE they win, because they deserve it: not because I dislike any of the other dancers or Pros.

I don't care for Maks in the past but he seems to have changed this season. Their dances have been breathtaking and last night was even more breathtaking. I could and have watched their dances over and over again. If it's about the best dancer then Meryl should win but I'm afraid that the fix is in. Would also love to see Meryl and Charlie dance together at the finale. That would be awesome to see them bring their magic from the Ice to the dance floor. Smiley 

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I agree, sad to see Charlie go. I like Sharna, but I don't know what it is about her dancing with her partners. She doesn't seem to bring out their best, maybe her choreography - I don't know. She is a good dancer, I can't put my finger on it.

ITA. While I think that Charlie is a great dancer, I have only observed one type of expression on his face (big smile) when he dances and that may be because he is not as connected with his partner as Meryl is to Maks, Amy to Derek, and Peta to James. I'm not sure while Candace is still there. I think Meryl should win because she is the best dancer and with Maks she has become a part of a whole - in such a short time mind you. I can't describe it, they do have the technical part down so it's great to watch but I get emotional when they dance or should I say, visceral? So for me, Meryl with Maks deserve to win they have the whole package.

Derek I believe is the best male pro dancer and he shows that every week (with the pro dances he choreographs and the competition dances) he's awesome. The choreography he comes up every week brings out the best in Amy and I think the judges are giving him props for that. He knows Amy's weaknesses and her strengths so he balances what he gives her as they progress and competition heats up. Yes the second dance last night was probably not that fair, but I think it was genius. Amy has problems with twisting on her feet so he showed how she can dance and twist using her upper body strength. I believe that is remarkable. I remember his comment about how to handle Amy so she can trust and let go. I see Amy and Derek as a unit as well so if they win, I will be a disappointed but I think they also deserve to win. (I am a little biased, my husband is a double amputee and those prosthetics are very heavy - so Amy dancing in them is short of miraculous to me).

James is cute and can dance, that is why I think he is still there. I don't think it would be enough to take him to first place though.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue May 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Candace is playing the "every woman" role this season, the one who had no background and is showing improvement, plus I think she has the conservative fan base.  That is why she is there.

I would have chosen differently but, then again, I failed to vote last week so that is my bad.  I would have sent Candace home.

I do think Charlie was hurt by having the lesser know, non-star professional, who may have also been a little too nice to him about the details.  

Derek is an amazing choreographer and I am thrilled for Amy that she is doing well / having such a great experience, but I do feel that at this point she is being carried by Derek.

James is eye candy at this point. He does well with the right dances and I think we can expect a strong freestyle. I don't think he should win, but one never knows given how important the freestyles end up being.

I worry for Meryl and Maks with Maks having to choreograph a freestyle.  He knows this is where he has lost it in the past.  That has to be insane pressure for him.  I think if they keep things classic, tight, paired down and intense that might be the right formula for them.  I hope he doesn't give in to the temptation to supersize.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Tue May 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Sorry to see Charlie go home, but I didn't feel like he made a lasting impression, if that makes sense. I think part of that is due to Sharna's choreography. I'm still glad she made it this far in a season, although I wouldn't have minded seeing them in the finals.

I know a lot of you appreciate Derek and his choreograpy, and I respect that. I am not a fan, and although I can appreciate his talents, I think he gets away with too much. The overscoring has been a bit much, with the use of the chair and the table. Is he the best choreographer on the show? To use a phrase from his former partner, Kellie Pickler: Everyone likes their coffee different. I am not sipping what he's serving. I think there are others just as talented or even more so, who don't get equal amount of credit, but that's just my opinion.

Of the finalists, I hope Meryl takes the win. I have really enjoyed her dances this season and she is a beast out here.

MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis