SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks all for answering my Q !! Smiley I agree,.. If this season meant to be Maks's last one, what a wonderful way to exit...thumbsup

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Pia1 wrote:Maks made me laugh so hard when he said I'm going to ravage her and have Big Russian skating babies named Boris and Oleg  rotfl rotfl

Mind you, I want Meryl and Charlie to get together (anyone saw their dance?) but I thought Maks was hilarious!

Pia, could you direct me as to where i can find that adorable footage?? TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Wed May 21, 2014 1:00 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:Maks made me laugh so hard when he said I'm going to ravage her and have Big Russian skating babies named Boris and Oleg  rotfl rotfl

Mind you, I want Meryl and Charlie to get together (anyone saw their dance?) but I thought Maks was hilarious!

Sorry Mura, I don't have it, but you might find it on ABC.Com if the show last night is up on the site.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 21, 2014 2:15 pm

This was the most enjoyable season of DWTS for me. I never personally cared for Max. I found him to be rude at times, goofy, and just weird. I never expected on the premier to witness what I saw in them, that very first night.

I could tell that night, he was in lust with her, his demeanour was changed, the way he wrapped his arms around her and the way he kissed her all the time. Sure they all do that, but you could see the "feelings" in his eyes.

I was excited every Monday to watch them. Every Monday it was perfection. The song choices seemed to fit what was developing between them.

The "called in the dance" comment by Julianne H almost threw him over the edge, Meryl was there to help him re group and get over it. I think at that point, I realized he wanted to win so bad, not only for himself, but with her. He said it over and over, she was the best partner he's ever had.  The clip they showed of him after a dance, crying going towards Tony, you could tell he was stressed to the max, no pun inteneded, he wanted to win so bad.

Meryl's friend summed it up quite well. This gave her an opportunity to develop into a woman. She was with Charlie for so many years, I think it's great that they both had this opportunity to experience something totally different than what they've been doing since children.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed May 21, 2014 2:40 pm

So glad Max and Meryl won, loved them throughout the season!!!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

Sorry Mura, I don't have it, but you might find it on ABC.Com if the show last night is up on the site.  

This one is also cute [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Wed May 21, 2014 4:02 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:This was the most enjoyable season of DWTS for me. I never personally cared for Max. I found him to be rude at times, goofy, and just weird. I never expected on the premier to witness what I saw in them, that very first night.

I could tell that night, he was in lust with her, his demeanour was changed, the way he wrapped his arms around her and the way he kissed her all the time. Sure they all do that, but you could see the "feelings" in his eyes.

I was excited every Monday to watch them. Every Monday it was perfection. The song choices seemed to fit what was developing between them.

The "called in the dance" comment by Julianne H almost threw him over the edge, Meryl was there to help him re group and get over it. I think at that point, I realized he wanted to win so bad, not only for himself, but with her. He said it over and over, she was the best partner he's ever had.  The clip they showed of him after a dance, crying going towards Tony, you could tell he was stressed to the max, no pun inteneded, he wanted to win so bad.

Meryl's friend summed it up quite well. This gave her an opportunity to develop into a woman. She was with Charlie for so many years, I think it's great that they both had this opportunity to experience something totally different than what they've been doing since children.

clapping! 
Maks has been my guy from the very first time I saw him. I guess I "get" him and was never bothered by his attitude, but I know many found it offputting.

On another note, this is what Val had to say about Meryl and Maks...

"He loves her probably more than I've seen him love another woman—he loves and adores her..."

"She's precious, and he's gentle with her because he wants to see her shine and he won't want to hurt her. He's willing to calm down for her because she's the last person he wants to see cry and the last person he wants to hurt."

"He definitely loves her, and I know she loves him back,"

"We as a family love her, too. We love Meryl, but I don't know if they were meant for each other or just meant to be in each other's lives for this moment," he explained. "Or for many moments, definitely, as it's a friendship they'll keep for a very long time."

Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Wed May 21, 2014 4:13 pm

SO FREAKIN' HAPPY MAKS AND MERYL WON!!!

I've enjoyed all their dances this season. The quality of them all, especially in recent weeks have been impeccable! It's been nice to see a softer Maks, and to get acquainted with Meryl. Never followed ice dancing, so I didn't know who she was prior to this season.

Also, thank you, Maks, for not pulling a "Tony" in your winning moment (a little pet peeve of mine from the all-stars conclusion). He was pretty calm, a little bouncy, but you could tell how much this meant to him. Well deserved, Maks!! Really loved Erin's "thanks" on behalf of herself, Kirstie and Mel B and that Brandy was there in the audience rooting him on. He gets a lot of flack, but I do think it speaks to his true character that he has been able to maintain such good relationships with a lot of his past partners.

Congratulations to both on a earned, deserved and fabulous season and win! cheerleader 
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed May 21, 2014 4:36 pm

So thrilled and happy for both of them!!!!!!!

It was a magical partnership, and I am so happy we were able to watch it.

I am unsure if they will become a real life couple or not; their lives are very different, and Meryl is still young in many, many ways due to the hyper focus of her training.  I think they are still wondering what all that chemistry and connection means, or what it can or should mean for the future.  And that journey will have to evolve in private.

Regardless, they have meant something to each other in this moment in time, and both are changed.  Which is a beautiful thing.

I don't think Maks expected them to air his joke about the babies; he actually seemed embarrassed laugh out loud.  It sounded to me like he said all that because he was very tired of the question.

I like the way MissLittle said it, above: SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!!!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 pm

One more note: I am wondering if Maks has been offered Len's seat at the judging table? Didn't Len say he wasn't going to be back?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed May 21, 2014 5:44 pm

MissLittle wrote:SO FREAKIN' HAPPY MAKS AND MERYL WON!!!

I've enjoyed all their dances this season. The quality of them all, especially in recent weeks have been impeccable! It's been nice to see a softer Maks, and to get acquainted with Meryl. Never followed ice dancing, so I didn't know who she was prior to this season.

Also, thank you, Maks, for not pulling a "Tony" in your winning moment (a little pet peeve of mine from the all-stars conclusion). He was pretty calm, a little bouncy, but you could tell how much this meant to him. Well deserved, Maks!! Really loved Erin's "thanks" on behalf of herself, Kirstie and Mel B and that Brandy was there in the audience rooting him on. He gets a lot of flack, but I do think it speaks to his true character that he has been able to maintain such good relationships with a lot of his past partners.

Congratulations to both on a earned, deserved and fabulous season and win! cheerleader 

Agreed. Was thrilled for him and his reaction made me smile even more. Long over-due and was well deserved. Meryl may not have connected with me but she is really an amazing dancer. Erin's thanks on behalf of all his other partners was super sweet as well.

dw_a_mom wrote:One more note:  I am wondering if Maks has been offered Len's seat at the judging table?  Didn't Len say he wasn't going to be back?

Not sure, it's possible. Could also come back as a pro, he's said in the past he was done with the show but maybe would like to return to be around Tony, Val, and Erin, and not have that weight on his shoulders of never winning, and can just go out there and have fun. Will miss his dancing! He will make a much better judge then Julianne that's for sure!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed May 21, 2014 6:56 pm

High clap I am so happy Maxs & Meryl won.  Every Monday I was on the edge of my seat waiting for them to dance.  Their relationship is truly special.  I can really see them together.    clapping!

"Love Never Fails"
Shadow
Shadow

Female Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis