SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Linds911 Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Sorry to see Charlie leave, but had an inkling he was getting split votes with Meryl every week, and they all chose to save her instead. Thought for sure it would be James or Candace, and was very surprised yet glad she was called safe first. She is getting the improving every week, underdog & conservative votes as mentioned above. I like when there is at least one celeb in the finals who falls under that category. I have been over Amy for awhile and last night was just absurd how she was on the table for most of her Jazz. I like Derek but he's just been using her as a prop the whole time. Expecting Meryl & Maks to win, which will be totally fine with.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Anyone care to take a guess on who is going to get the trophy?

I hope Maks and Meryl take it, I think they deserve it this season. but not sure if Amy and Derek are the black horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Max64 wrote:Anyone care to take a guess on who is going to get the trophy?  

I hope Maks and Meryl take it, I think they deserve it this season. but not sure if Amy and Derek are the black horse

That is my fear. Maks and Meryl are mesmerizing when they dance. I don't think I have ever seen such a partnership.

Derek and Amy are OK. I get that what she does is inspiring but I am tired of the over scoring she is getting for sitting for half the dance and barely moving across the floor the rest of the time. The only time she did cover the floor was last week in her first dance and that was excellent. CA doesn't knock her for a lift she says she saw and despite the flubs the other judges say they saw, they still give her 10's. That is just annoying to me. How can anyone else compete against that "inspiration"? Don't even get me started on Derek winning yet another trophy.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 18, 2014 11:46 am

I am really hoping for Maks and Meryl.

Amy has done some dances really well, her Jive was good, the quickstep was great. She can actually dance. But like others I hate when she doesn't and it is okay and not deducted.

I do think Derek is the best choreographer. He bugged me a lot in the past, but Kelly Pickler changed him, much like I think that Meryl has changed Maks.

Now if Amy wins the mirrorball I will be done. I came back after the Nicole vs. Evan weirdo judging, but I won't come back if Derek carries Amy around and then they decide to give that the prize over Meryl and Maks.

Plus, I know Oscar Pistorius is not a great figure to compare anyone too, but I remember when he fought so hard to compete in the regular Olympics. It was to be judged the same, not to be given more than he was due.

I don't see how giving Amy higher scores than others when she makes mistakes is good for people who fight to get treated with respect.

I worked for a lady with spina bifida, who struggles everyday but is in charge of her own department and works hard to do her job at the level of everyone else. I have another friend who has spina bifida and she is working to finish her teaching degree and will actually probably have to go get a master's degree to teach Special Education (our university didn't have this specialization for undergrads) because most can't see her as being able to teach other children even though she is incredibly smart.

So watching Amy get more than everyone else for no reason has really annoyed me all season.

Thank you for letting me rant!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 18, 2014 1:55 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I am really hoping for Maks and Meryl.  

Amy has done some dances really well, her Jive was good, the quickstep was great.  She can actually dance.  But like others I hate when she doesn't and it is okay and not deducted.

I do think Derek is the best choreographer.  He bugged me a lot in the past, but Kelly Pickler changed him, much like I think that Meryl has changed Maks.

Now if Amy wins the mirrorball I will be done.  I came back after the Nicole vs. Evan weirdo judging, but I won't come back if Derek carries Amy around and then they decide to give that the prize over Meryl and Maks.

Plus, I know Oscar Pistorius is not a great figure to compare anyone too, but I remember when he fought so hard to compete in the regular Olympics.  It was to be judged the same, not to be given more than he was due.  

I don't see how giving Amy higher scores than others when she makes mistakes is good for people who fight to get treated with respect.

I worked for a lady with spina bifida, who struggles everyday but is in charge of her own department and works hard to do her job at the level of everyone else.  I have another friend who has spina bifida and she is working to finish her teaching degree and will actually probably have to go get a master's degree to teach Special Education (our university didn't have this specialization for undergrads) because most can't see her as being able to teach other children even though she is incredibly smart.

So watching Amy get more than everyone else for no reason has really annoyed me all season.

Thank you for letting me rant!

You rant away...I said pretty much the same thing. Only one more night of DWTS torture and it will all be over...then we start with the Bette!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun May 18, 2014 4:26 pm

I want Maks and Meryl to win also....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Sun May 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Joining in on the "want Maks and Meryl to win"- train. She's been great all season, but her rumba and viennese waltz the past two weeks were truly works of art. Mesmerizing, indeed.
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 am

I like Candace and think she's the dark horse this season, and as much as I would like to see her win, think it will come down to Amy and Meryl, hopefully with Meryl as the winner.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon May 19, 2014 2:52 am

Mark was seriously injured in rehearsals Sunday!  Upset Reminds me of his Season 5 shoulder injury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mark Ballas
@MarkBallas
Hey y'all. I'm doing alright, thanks for the love.

10:03pm PST· 18 May 2014 · web

Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon May 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Linds911 wrote:Mark was seriously injured in rehearsals Sunday!  Upset Reminds me of his Season 5 shoulder injury.

Mark Ballas
@MarkBallas
Hey y'all. I'm doing alright, thanks for the love.

10:03pm PST· 18 May 2014 · web

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon May 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Here's what everyone is dancing tonight:

Candace and Mark
Quickstep
Freestyle

Amy and Derek
Salsa
Freestyle

James and Peta
Tango
Freestyle

Meryl and Maks
Argentine Tango
Freestyle

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis