SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 31 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Bhaka Wed May 21, 2014 7:02 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:So thrilled and happy for both of them!!!!!!!

It was a magical partnership, and I am so happy we were able to watch it.

I am unsure if they will become a real life couple or not; their lives are very different, and Meryl is still young in many, many ways due to the hyper focus of her training.  I think they are still wondering what all that chemistry and connection means, or what it can or should mean for the future.  And that journey will have to evolve in private.

Regardless, they have meant something to each other in this moment in time, and both are changed.  Which is a beautiful thing.

I don't think Maks expected them to air his joke about the babies; he actually seemed embarrassed laugh out loud.  It sounded to me like he said all that because he was very tired of the question.

I like the way MissLittle said it, above:  SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!!!

I love your post, especially the bolded.

I thought I heard Meryl say something offstage last night about how glad she was to be part of Maks' "last freestyle". That made me think he is not planning to return next season.

As much as I personally enjoy Maks, I suspect the producers would find him too polarizing to replace Len, if, in fact, Len decides not to return.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 31 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Muslady Wed May 21, 2014 8:10 pm

I love how it all became about their partner on both sides. I love Meryl's professionalism and I think Max responded well to that on top of the attraction. Even when Meryl was asked if she would date (or whatever), her response was, I'm not going to talk about that. She never gave an inch which I'm sure also garnered even more respect. I also loved Val and Tony's response to their win. Hilarious!
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 am

Just finished watching the finale. What a great ending to a remarkable season. I enjoyed watching Amy & Meryl; thought they were a perfect final two. (Loved James & Danica, too.) The right couple won, IMO.

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 12:52 am

One thing that Meryl did that I thought was so sweet was when they won and Tom was trying to interview them in the 30 seconds that were left, even though Tom was asking Meryl the question, she just gave it to Maks, looked at him and said "it's all you". As she said, she wanted this win more for him than for herself. Sweet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 am

I thought it was pretty cool of Maks, in the interviews I saw today, giving credit to Derek for his wins. Maks was saying to the effect of 'I don't know how you did this 5 times'. I really hope Maks is back next season, but I sort of doubt it. Meryl was so good for him, and I'm not sure he would get another partner that fit him as well as she did. Maybe best to go out on top. I was so happy to see Val and Tony's reactions when they won, it was sweet. It really was a very entertaining finale.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 6:22 am

Pia1 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:Maks made me laugh so hard when he said I'm going to ravage her and have Big Russian skating babies named Boris and Oleg  rotfl rotfl

Mind you, I want Meryl and Charlie to get together (anyone saw their dance?) but I thought Maks was hilarious!

Pia, could you direct me as to where i can find that adorable footage?? TIA

Sorry Mura, I don't have it, but you might find it on ABC.Com if the show last night is up on the site.  

This one is also cute [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks Pia!..these ones is touching. I love (and actually shocked :shocked!: giggling ) to see Maks the Teddy shed some tears on 2:22
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and here, on 2:29  blowkiss 

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Thu May 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I thought it was pretty cool of Maks, in the interviews I saw today, giving credit to Derek for his wins. Maks was saying to the effect of 'I don't know how you did this 5 times'. I really hope Maks is back next season, but I sort of doubt it. Meryl was so good for him, and I'm not sure he would get another partner that fit him as well as she did. Maybe best to go out on top. I was so happy to see Val and Tony's reactions when they won, it was sweet. It really was a very entertaining finale.

I have a feeling that Maks will not be back on DWTS.  And I am also not sure that the relationship between him and Meryl will actually develop into a real romance outside of the show.  I do think that there is sincere love between the two of them (much like what Meryl feels toward Charlie), but I would be surprised, once they go back to their separate lives in the real world, if anything more than just a deep and sincere friendship is all that remains between them.  But, who knows?  I could be wrong.

Either way, Maks got a well deserved win, after doing the show for 10 years, and does not have anything else to prove. So, I think that he can happily walk away from the dancing part of the show now. But, perhaps Maks would entertain the thought of being a judge on the show, if Len does decide to leave. I do think that they would like to keep him there in some capacity, if that is possible.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Everyone's perspective on Maks and Meryl is interesting  :yes:  I think Maks was completely blown away by Meryl, I'm talking thunderbolt city! He has been romantically involved with some of his partners, most recently Erin, but he is completely different with Meryl. The way he talks about her, the way he looks at her, and most definitely the way he touches her! To me he looks like a man truly in love for the first time, and the emotion in him is overflowing. Maks has had great friendships from this show in the past, but he has never come anywhere close to saying things like he has about Meryl, and Val has also made some comments about the two of them, that I don't think he would say if there wasn't anything there. Whether it works or not, who knows, that's the gamble of life. I hope they give it a try and it works, they seem to bring out the best in each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Max64 wrote:Everyone's perspective on Maks and Meryl is interesting  :yes:   I think Maks was completely blown away by Meryl, I'm talking thunderbolt city!   He has been romantically involved with some of his partners, most recently Erin, but he is completely different with Meryl.  The way he talks about her, the way he looks at her, and most definitely the way he touches her!  To me he looks like a man truly in love for the first time, and the emotion in him is overflowing.  Maks has had great friendships from this show in the past, but he has never come anywhere close to saying things like he has about Meryl, and Val has also made some comments about the two of them, that I don't think he would say if there wasn't anything there.  Whether it works or not, who knows, that's the gamble of life.  I hope they give it a try and it works, they seem to bring out the best in each other.

Good Post I agree 
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu May 22, 2014 6:33 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:Maks made me laugh so hard when he said I'm going to ravage her and have Big Russian skating babies named Boris and Oleg  rotfl rotfl

Mind you, I want Meryl and Charlie to get together (anyone saw their dance?) but I thought Maks was hilarious!

Sorry Mura, I don't have it, but you might find it on ABC.Com if the show last night is up on the site.  

thanks Pia!..these ones is touching. I love (and actually shocked :shocked!: giggling ) to see Maks the Teddy shed some tears on 2:22

Found it Mura. Here it is.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

Found it Mura.  Here it is.

Awesome!! Ive been searching 4 this all day! Thanks a Lot Pia!!  High clap
That is just too hilarious!  hehehe 

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu May 22, 2014 10:20 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

Found it Mura.  Here it is.

Awesome!! Ive been searching 4 this all day! Thanks a Lot Pia!!  High clap
That is just too hilarious!   hehehe 

You're very welcome! I still crack up when I watch it.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis