SELECT CONTENT

Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".  - Page 27 Empty Re: Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".

Post by dw_a_mom Tue May 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Such a beautiful man. So sad watching him but I am glad they seemed to try to show who he was.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".  - Page 27 Empty Re: Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 am

Man, I'm nervous for tonight. I love Eric. I hope this doesn't go as bad as it might...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 am

Seriously, whatever happens it's not going to effect Eric.
And whatever, happens it's not going to effect those that loved Eric. Those days are gone.
This is a silly tv show.
Let those who love him find some closure and heal.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 am

It might be less dramatic than assumed with the real drama being related to something else. Hard to tell with previews. Up to this point, he has been the one questioning her a lot which is different from any of the other guys and she didn't seem to take that well.

Greatly admire many things about this man. In retrospect, I think it is easier for his loved ones to only have had him on this show for 4 Epis. Hopefully what they have watched, if anything at this point, was an accurate portrayal of the man they knew.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 am

It's surprising to me he was still single going on this show. He seemed like just a genuine, nice, happy person. I can't imagine how he wasn't married with kids already. Every shot of him has him smiling, being supportive of the other guys, laughing, or just looking so handsome. Had the circumstances been different, I don't think Andi would have been a good match for him - she would have bulldozed him. It's just heartbreaking.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:43 pm

I've been really impressed with him so far. Hopefully it's been a healing experience for his friends and family!

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Eric Hill, late 'Bachelorette' star, defies death through show, sister says

The other day, I watched my brother Eric Hill go on a date on "The Bachelorette." He made sand castles on a California beach, then rode a helicopter to the top of a mountain to go snowboarding with his date. It was the perfect kind of day for him. He always loved going on adventures, jumping off cliffs. In April, he soared off one of those cliffs for the last time. He was sailing the skies in Utah when the fabric wing of his paraglider collapsed and sent him crashing into a mountainside. He died three days later from his injuries.

He had finished filming "The Bachelorette." But the show had to go on: It began airing in May. And so I have the unique opportunity to watch him live on, and watch the world get to know him.

In some ways, it's only fitting that he is defying death in this way. My brother always thought bigger and dreamed bigger than anyone I have ever known. At the time of his death, he was absorbed in a project to document his travels to every country in the world. He called it The Global Odyssey, and he had been to 51 countries for the project so far, although he had traveled to more than a hundred countries in his lifetime. He funded the project himself with some help from sponsors, and he lived among the locals whenever he could, sleeping in a Maasai hut in Africa, in a yurt in Mongolia, on the sands of Sudan.

People ask if it's difficult to watch him on the show, and I do get a little nervous until I see the handsome brother that I know and love. My family — my parents and my four other brothers — have all grown used to watching Eric onscreen. He always posted videos of his travels on his site and shared them with us on visits. We watched him ride camels in Egypt, go paragliding in Iceland and do handstands on the Great Wall.

Wanderlust was in his blood. Our grandfather traveled from California to Connecticut with his kids in the 1960s, encouraging them to drink from a "for colored only" water fountain in the South for a poignant lesson not to discriminate. Our father hitchhiked the country for his college thesis. Eric always had that same curiosity, exploring every cliff, rock, and crevasse; as a kid, he got more stitches than any of us.

I don't own a TV, so I watch "The Bachelorette" with a good friend. I get a little tearful, but I know Eric would want his audience to enjoy the journey with him, and seeing him makes me smile. When he first met the woman at the heart of the show, Andi Dorfman, he brought her two little dolls that a child had given him in the Andes Mountains. Andi picked him for her first date of the show, and they talked about a harrowing trip to Syria and his desire to have children.

With a brother who was always adventuring, I often worried about him, sometimes waking in the middle of the night to text, "Hey Eric, are you OK?" He would send little notes back like this one from last May: "'I'm OK! I'm in the mountains of Burundi. A little piece of heaven in an otherwise rough country." My whole life, I had braced myself for a possible call bringing bad news. It came from my parents, who were on their way to visit me in Washington, D.C., when they heard about Eric's accident.

My family and I rushed to the hospital, where Eric lay in a coma for two more days. I just wanted to keep him — in any condition — but I understood that we had to let him go. At least I got to spend those precious last hours with him, to hold his hand, stroke his hair and tell him how much I loved him for the last time. I know he could feel our love; it permeated the room. Heaven felt so close, and we have a deep faith that we will see him again. Just before his accident, I had learned that I was pregnant with my fourth baby, and I like to think about how Eric will get to know my child before I will.

Today I'm remembering a time when Eric came to visit me a few years ago. I began to apologize that my house wasn't very exciting and that I mostly just stayed home and took care of my family. His response was simple and touching. He looked at me, perplexed, and said he didn’t need adventure, he just wanted to be a part of my life because I’m his sister, and we love each other.

A day after his passing, my family went to the site where Eric fell from the sky. We watched the paragliders soaring overhead and imagined Eric enjoying his last flight. We remembered a man who had lived his life to the absolute fullest. The world was just not big enough for him. In the weeks since, we have set up a philanthropic foundation in his honor, LiveLikeEric.com. And I'll be watching him in his alternate reality Monday night.

Karen Tracy is a Washington, D.C. wife and mother of three with a fourth child on the way. She has a law degree from Brigham Young University Law School, has traveled to more than 15 countries, and lived in Argentina for 18 months as a missionary.

Abigail Pesta is an award-winning journalist who has lived and worked around the world, from London to Hong Kong. She has written for The Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan, The New York Times, Marie Claire and Newsweek.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/eric-hill-late-bachelorette-star-defies-death-through-show-sister-2D79736776

Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".  - Page 27 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Oh my - I am weeping in my office.

RIP Eric.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks MOM. Very heartfelt. I just found the word I was looking for regarding Eric, "Wanderlust" - Can't wait to watch more of him tonight. I wonder if would still be around if he didn't leave the show when he did?

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:28 pm

No Words..RIP Eric.

What a amazing family!
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh goodness, what a great article. What a great family.

Thank you Karen for letting us learn a little more about your fantastic brother.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Team Eric all the way. Thank you for sharing the article.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Eric Hill - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion- "Memorial Tribute Fan Thread".

+78
ThankMeLater
moonpie
MMA50
Aunties_Love
Isabel123
ajax518
Hotmomma
deeliciouz
kikora
sbolduc
ilb123