SELECT CONTENT

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by tigertiz Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 pm

http://time.com/2889579/marquel-martin-bachelor/

Marquel Martin Should Be the Next Bachelor

The hit show has never featured a man of color as its star.

On last night’s The Bachelorette, three contestants were cut short on their journey to find love with reigning Bachelorette Andi Dorfman. One of those contestants was Marquel Martin, a funny, charismatic and attractive man with a dazzling smile who, according to his bio on ABC, likes to spend his Saturday nights with “Netflix, cookies and a glass of wine.”

Martin also happens to be black.......................
During his brief time on The Bachelorette, Martin not only showed more personality and charm than the last four Bachelors combined, but he also proved himself worthy of rooting for. He cried over lost love on national television and coolly handled a potentially complicated conversation about race with another contestant. He also brought Andi an entire tray of cookies, including a black-and-white cookie, which not only shows his good humor about race relations, but also his incredible taste in desserts:
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by IrishGal Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:34 am

I think there will be incredible pressure on the old jerks who run ABC to pick Marquel. I suspect it might be so great that they will delete his presence on BIP...or even delete the show itself.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:36 am

IrishGal wrote:I think there will be incredible pressure on the old jerks who run ABC to pick Marquel.  I suspect it might be so great that they will delete his presence on BIP...or even delete the show itself.  

They can't just 'delete' a show. Marquel would be a big draw to the show itself.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 am

tigertiz wrote:http://time.com/2889579/marquel-martin-bachelor/

Marquel Martin Should Be the Next Bachelor

The hit show has never featured a man of color as its star.

On last night’s The Bachelorette, three contestants were cut short on their journey to find love with reigning Bachelorette Andi Dorfman. One of those contestants was Marquel Martin, a funny, charismatic and attractive man with a dazzling smile who, according to his bio on ABC, likes to spend his Saturday nights with “Netflix, cookies and a glass of wine.”

Martin also happens to be black.......................
During his brief time on The Bachelorette, Martin not only showed more personality and charm than the last four Bachelors combined, but he also proved himself worthy of rooting for. He cried over lost love on national television and coolly handled a potentially complicated conversation about race with another contestant. He also brought Andi an entire tray of cookies, including a black-and-white cookie, which not only shows his good humor about race relations, but also his incredible taste in desserts:

True, but then so what? There's a lot of nice guys this season.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 am

elan gale ‏@theyearofelan Jun 17
Apparently a lot of people love Marquel #TheBachelorette

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:36 am

chloep wrote:BTW. The outcry for him to become the next lead is MASSIVE...
Twitter AND Facebook has petitions; practically every single comment on the sites official FB is about him; #MarquelForBachelor was trending in the whole country yesterday; practically every single alum is in love with him.. the likes of TIME Magazine, Huffington Post; Cosmopolitan, Glamour Magazine, US Today, The New Yorker, THG, Hollywood Reporter... etc. are posting articles on him(as the next Bach). It's crazy.

Well, he was even discussed on The View.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 am

I think people should wait until after BIP to determine anything.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 am

^^ We are not determining anything. It's just that we acknowledge that people are going absolutely nuts over Marquel.  bestbud! 
As for Michelle. RS did say that this doesn't necessary mean that these "couples" are indeed couples and are hooking up, just that they have been on a date together/given each other a rose.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Wow!  Well, I'd be crushed to miss out on my hot farmer but I'd love to see Marquel as next Bach.  He deserves it after the humilation they put him thru last night.  Did they really have to show that crap?  Unfortunately, I imagine his role on BIP will pretty much nix his chances to be Bach.  He also strikes me as a bit young though he certainly handled last night's conflict with grace and dignity.

Didn't he though.   This is I guess why I watch this franchise.  Despite all tptb do to denigrate the contestants and show the worst of their behavior, sometimes you just see the beauty of someone's true self/character shine.  Go Marquel.  I will be rooting for you.

Atem, will you watch if it's Marquel?

PS and I would also love if it were Chris.

This. In addition to some nice eye candy and some good snarking material, THIS is why I watch the show, too. I like to see the cream rise to the top, no matter how much TPTB are stirring the pot. I've watched every season of this franchise except for one (Grant), and I do so, rarely for any love story I see on my screen, but to watch the individual contestants behavior in this unnatural setting. I like to see how people handle the stress and awkwardness of the setting. I like to see how people handle the limelight....most disappoint me.

And every once in a while, a "real life" issue creeps into the show and we get to see a glimpse at something real. What I saw on my tv seemed very real. I don't know if Andrew actually said those words about Marquel (and to me, that is a totally separate conversation), but just the way in which it affected Marquel was so real, and how wonderfully Marquel handled the situation was so brilliant. He is a classy guy. Who is also gorgeous, funny, and seems to have his head on straight. Because of those qualities he would make a great TB. We suffered through some real Toads as TB. It is about time we were given a Prince.

I think that TPTB are making up this whole BIP thing as they go along. From that sneak preview, could anyone of us say what the heck that show is about? What is its purpose? Is there a cash prize? I think that Marcus, Dylan, and Marquel are all on a list as potential TB. TPTB are all waiting to see how the fangirling pans out over this season, who is the favorite, and IF they deem Marquel or somebody else to be worthy of being their next prime time guy, they will edit the heck out of BIP to make them look good or neutralize anything potentially damaging to their next cash cow. TPTB have MTA and many weeks yet to take the pulse of America on who we want for TB. If they see a ground swell of support for Marquel, I do believe they will be kind to him in the BIP edit.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Interesting...... Look who has been "eliminated" at the last BIP RC(yesterday)....  :yes:  :cutesmile:

chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm

I wonder if Marquel took a look at the women on the show and said, "Thanks, but no thanks." I wouldn't blame him one bit.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Maybe TPTB saw the outpour of Marquel love for the next TB and quickly yanked the plug(had it contrived so Marquel was eliminated asap from BIP)on Marquel's BIP stint. This sounds like something they would do.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

+55
Alanna
emad0722
George1218
mtnlvr55
ThankMeLater