SELECT CONTENT

*NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 pm

albean99 wrote:Thanks, MMA50. Cute guy & Andi looked great.  

I don't see why we can't sleuth, Sophie. Hopefully this time people will be more careful about not hinting. I think it will be okay if the spoiler part is also active. I'm trying to stay unspoiled longer this time by avoiding searching for anything Bachelorette related which tripped me up last time.

Sounds good! I would love to keep sleuthing! Smiley
I stopped trusting RS on F1 anyway  giggling 

Will be careful not to hint, but considering I dont put spoilers on my site and none of my friends want to be spoiled, I never talk about what spoilers I read!

Back to top Go down

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by Litta123 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks, bean, that's helpful to know! As tempted as I've been, I'm refraining from reading about the guys. I had just about decided to give in, but then we got the news today about the board changes. If this side is going to be active, I'd rather do the season unspoiled. I'll wait to see what you guys decide.

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 2 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Litta123 wrote:Thanks, bean, that's helpful to know! As tempted as I've been, I'm refraining from reading about the guys. I had just about decided to give in, but then we got the news today about the board changes. If this side is going to be active, I'd rather do the season unspoiled. I'll wait to see what you guys decide.

Me too Litta! I have not wanted to look. Last season I did, and it changed the way I viewed the show. This time, it's the non-spoiler thread for me! ;) Should be fun.  :yes: 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:04 am

I'm not sure how into I'll be for Andi's season. It will depend on how they edit the first episode and of course the season preview. I need to get interested in one or two of the guys then I'll be hooked. The lead does not interest me too much. But either way I'm staying in the non-spoiler section where the fan girling willl be minimized.

And if anyone posts pro or against "the spoilers" I'll be pissed. We are not so dense that we cannot glean who you are backing and what you are arguing against even without a direct post of "Oh RS said _________ is F1". Go argue the spoilers in the section provided for it  Rolling Eyes .

This side will be active like it was for JPs season if people that are non-spoiled post regularly and try and make sense of the evidence that MF and clan give us.

We do need spoiled folk to post real life information like social media stuff  (without revealing the spoiler or showing their bias) which cannot be accessed for for of being spoiled on social media because there too folk just have to let the cat out of the bag. IMO the "real life" stuff is more telling than the edit.

I'd like folk to weigh in on this please.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 am

^^ I agree, nd4reality.  Good Post 

I hope that you guys manage to go absolutely spoiler-free here. I know how much it sucks to really make an attempt and to stay away from all sources of spoilers just to get spoiled half-way through.  no no  :Frown: 

I think the issue last season was that people weren't invested in Juan Pablo at all, thus VERY few people were around for pre-season sleuthing. (We were all but 10 people, and I am being generous here 👅 , on average it was more like 4-5 people:) So people really only turned up here once the season premier drew nearer and the trailers/promos were released. Then a couple of you guys started sleuthing the screencaps and practically everybody(no matter spoiled or not) hang around in the non-spoiler side....

I am happy to see that more people seem to be around for Andi's season though.  yes 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:43 am

Can we post tweets and news articles here of the dates she has? Would they be considered spoilers??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 am

Aunties_Love wrote:Can we post tweets and news articles here of the dates she has?  Would they be considered spoilers??

I can't speak for anyone else but think that would be considered a spoiler, AL. I can see us bringing bios of confirmed bachelors, (possibly) official episode descriptions, and SCs from previews when there are some but I don't know if we want to go so far. I remember back to Ben's season and pre-premier we had worked out every date and who was left each week just by people tweeting pics. It was interesting to sleuth but then the season was less exciting to watch (for that among other reasons, lol). I don't think that's what we want in the non-spoiler section.  Comments & opinions?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 am

I completely agree albean.   Plus when folks know what happens via social media, it's much easier for them to tell too much and give out spoilers.  

I wish that folks who post in Spoiler threads would not post at all in the non-spoiler threads.

It's really really hard to post frequently in both forums and not screw up.

I'd like to stay unspoiled this season (until the fantasy dates maybe). I didnt watch Des's season because RS spoiled the "winner" and I didnt care for Brooks. I'd have LOVED to have seen Des fall for Chris and then find out after the fact that RS was FLEISSED.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:22 pm

albean99 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:Can we post tweets and news articles here of the dates she has?  Would they be considered spoilers??

I can't speak for anyone else but think that would be considered a spoiler, AL. I can see us bringing bios of confirmed bachelors, (possibly) official episode descriptions, and SCs from previews when there are some but I don't know if we want to go so far. I remember back to Ben's season and pre-premier we had worked out every date and who was left each week just by people tweeting pics. It was interesting to sleuth but then the season was less exciting to watch (for that among other reasons, laugh out loud). I don't think that's what we want in the non-spoiler section.  Comments & opinions?

My 2¢...

I know last season there was some confusion with what I was doing with screen caps. I wasn't spoiled, but I was trying to figure out who went on what dates and when based on the preview. I know that some posters felt I was posting spoilers. I wasn't...just my guesses, but apparently some of those guesses were correct. Eventually San had to create a section for no spoilers, no sleuthing. I'd like to be able to do the same for Andi's season, but if you feel that would be best for the spoiler thread, I'll go there to do it...no worries.

Frankly it would be less time intensive if I simply went through the previews and tried to either verify or disprove the spoilers...instead of trying to figure it out from scratch. Between the polar vortex and the 3rd highest snowfall on record in Chicagoland, I was happy to stay indoors...so the time involved didn't bother me. Realistically though, between our travel plans and my husband being home (he's a teacher), I'll not be able to...nor want to...spend as much time on it.

I think nd4reality is right, though, to say we do need some exposure to social media/regular media if we are going to be able to sleuth out the F1. Though I predicted Clare as F1 from the previews, doubts crept in so I was only 60-40 Clare at the end. Without the exposure to media, I would have put Clare's chances much higher.

Sooo...I guess my question to everyone is where to you want to see "my style" of screen cap analysis? How far are we allowed to go with our predictions if it stays in the non-spoiler section? I know we wouldn't have been able to decipher the caps as quickly if we didn't have the episode descriptions or locations from the spoiled folks. Should that be allowed or discontinued? I'll go along with whatever the consensus is...I'm easy!  :Smiley:  However, I may end up in the spoiler thread because figuring out the puzzle is what I enjoy.

Having the parameters laid out for the non-spoiler threads is a great idea. It will take away any confusion as to what's allowed...hopefully! Glad that we have a couple of months to sort it out.

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 2 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:24 pm

I would rather wait until the season starts and use the previews, edit etc to sleuth the show. I did a pretty good job staying unspoiled last season until I came to the "unspoiled" section here at BBF. Like you said Tigertiz, the are screw ups when people post in both. I also agree with albean, I would rather not see the tweets and articles posted here. Maybe if the link were posted, we could decide for ourselves if we want to see it or not.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 pm

To be fair, we narrowed down the F2 / F3 using SCs from the Season previews and who were the main "players" during the episodes.
It was only after that point when we started taking real life information into account during our discussions.

I did not technically spoil myself by reading the RS threads nor did I go on his site (no thanks!).
However I did put 2 and 2 together when other posters started dropping hints and arguing against the spoilers. no no 
litta123 is right. We were trying to sleuth old-school prior to the pesky spoiler king ruining the fun for us all. Now everyone not only believes him but feels the need to post that information everywhere. Just yuck.

It would be helpful if everyone could just post about the topic at hand and keep the additional information out. But that is probably never going to happen.

Personally I found the social media/articles and tweets very helpful in figuring out the ending without being spoiled. While till the day of the FRC i was not 100% because there were so many good reasons to believe in another ending I was more sure that Nikki was F1 than Clare. IMO that interview she (Clare) gave was a clincher for me.
I just knew that Brooks could not be F1 despite all and sundry claiming that he was. His real life activities did not indicate that he was. Therefore I feel we need that information on the non-spoiler side as well.

Often there are just not enough SCs in the Season Preview to tell the whole story and to sleuth from just the edit and SCs. This season they did not release most of Nikki's time and no LCD/MTP pics to prove that she was in the F2. But social media (her traveling at regular intervals etc. was a bigger clue).
JMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:03 pm

tigertiz wrote:I completely agree albean.   Plus when folks know what happens via social media, it's much easier for them to tell too much and give out spoilers.  

I wish that folks who post in Spoiler threads would not post at all in the non-spoiler threads.

It's really really hard to post frequently in both forums and not screw up.

I'd like to stay unspoiled this season (until the fantasy dates maybe).  I didnt watch Des's season because RS spoiled the "winner" and I didnt care for Brooks. I'd have LOVED to have seen Des fall for Chris and then find out after the fact that RS was FLEISSED.
So tweeting dates done by say fleiss, harison and elan would be a spoiler?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

+14
Peppermom
tigertiz
Aunties_Love
chloep
nd4reality