SELECT CONTENT

*NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love Wed 19 Mar - 23:26

nd4reality wrote:To be fair, we narrowed down the F2 / F3 using SCs from the Season previews and who were the main "players" during the episodes.
It was only after that point when we started taking real life information into account during our discussions.

I did not technically spoil myself by reading the RS threads nor did I go on his site (no thanks!).
However I did put 2 and 2 together when other posters started dropping hints and arguing against the spoilers. no no 
litta123 is right. We were trying to sleuth old-school prior to the pesky spoiler king ruining the fun for us all. Now everyone not only believes him but feels the need to post that information everywhere. Just yuck.

It would  be helpful if everyone could just post about the topic at hand and keep the additional information out. But that is probably never going to happen.

Personally I found the social media/articles and tweets very helpful in figuring out the ending without being spoiled. While till the day of the FRC i was not 100% because there were so many good reasons to believe in another ending I was more sure that Nikki was F1 than Clare. IMO that interview she (Clare) gave was a clincher for me.
I just knew that Brooks could not be F1 despite all and sundry claiming that he was. His real life activities did not indicate that he was. Therefore I feel we need that information on the non-spoiler side as well.

Often there are just not enough SCs in the Season Preview to tell the whole story and to sleuth from just the edit and SCs. This season they did not release most of Nikki's time and no LCD/MTP pics to prove that she was in the F2. But social media (her traveling at regular intervals etc. was a bigger clue).
JMO.
So would we say that if Fleiss, Harrison, Elan tweets out a date location, would that be called sleuthing or spoiler?

What if we find tweets that have pictures attached of the dates, would that be called sleuthing or spoiling?

Now, I do understand that tweeting posts from RS for the majority of the time would be considered as spoilers, unless he is tweeting a pic of a date/location that they are going to.

I guess my point is that if you are sleuthing out the season, I would think those kinds of things would be useful in the sleuthing process.

I do understand that this is all a grey area, and maybe this season, those kinds of things should be defined before someone accidentally makes a mistake and posts something they shouldn't??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar - 23:28

Well for those of you who want to see the contestants identified (by RS and some by members here), their galleries are up and listed on my site, no shots of the filming or anything. Info, data and public pics only:
http://wp.me/p1Pls6-5BN

As for my 2c, I would say have a no spoiler no sleuthing place, for posting of "Official" media releases only, and discussion during the airing.
And a no spoiler section, where we can sleuth the old fashion way, including with previews screencaps.

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Thu 20 Mar - 2:49

I don't mind knowing date locations, but I don't want to know who wins (according to spoilers)...that takes ALL the fun out of it for me. Litta, I loved your screencaps and all the conversations last season. I could not have cared less who JPab picked, but it's always fun to hope for a Fridgegate/Chris season!

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu 20 Mar - 4:58

Thanks everyone. Please continue to comment. I'm really busy tomorrow but will be setting up threads on Friday. I'll do my best to moderate this section but will depend on all of your help to keep it a no spoiler zone.  :Smiley:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Mar - 10:34

sophienette wrote:Well for those of you who want to see the contestants identified (by RS and some by members here), their galleries are up and listed on my site, no shots of the filming or anything. Info, data and public pics only:
http://wp.me/p1Pls6-5BN

As for my 2c, I would say have a no spoiler no sleuthing place, for posting of "Official" media releases only, and discussion during the airing.
And a no spoiler section, where we can sleuth the old fashion way, including with previews screencaps.

Im so on board With this idea!! TY Sophie...
Litta, I think the no-spoiler, oh-yes-please sleuthing section can be your solution... And i'll definetely join u there. Playing puzzle is my number 1 amusement!!:))

Hopefully our dear admin/mods can lay out the clear " rules of the game" for the No-spoiler threads.
I think I Will stay unspoiled this season, but still be lurking into socmeds to gather hints... (Just hoping I wont get accidentally spoiled:))

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu 20 Mar - 14:03

I set up a potential Bachelor thread for now so please feel free to bring over the pics & bios of the guys we know so far. I believe everyone wants to know the guys as long as we don't know where they go to in the show and that includes any dates they have. I'd like to set up a contestant section like the spoiler section has. I plan on trying to stay spoiler free myself so will have other mods help with bringing some things over. Sophie, I don't know if you want to bring pics & info on the guys from your blog but would welcome that if you want to. I haven't had time to see for myself but am looking forward to checking out the guys. Those who don't want to know can avoid the thread(s). 

We'll definitely have rules and it will probably be a work in progress. It looks like people are in favor of sleuthing so will have a section for that, probably with a SC and edit thread. My goal is to have a smaller version of the spoiler side.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Mar - 15:14

I love seeing the excitement of a Non Spoiled Sleuthing Thread!  :Smiley: 

What this means is, you can set up threads for whatever catagory you need, screencap analysis, bio's, etc which will be used strictly for sleuthing with NO SPOILERS. Please do not post information obtained by RS or any other media source who "confirmed by a source" etc. These threads are stictly for sleuthing. Sleuthing in the sense of obtaining information on your own, providing proof, to make decisions of the outcome of the show.

I know we can all work together to make this work! Thank the mod's for putting these idea's together. As we move along, there might be changes that need to be made, we'll deal with them at the time. If anyone has any suggestions let us know!

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu 20 Mar - 19:46

One thing that might be helpful is to have a sticky for a screen cap -- no discussion thread. I'm also wondering if we would want a separate sticky thread just for PIs -- no discussion.

The PI with the St Lucia hotel background was what allowed us to identify Andi as the third F3 girl...because we had no date caps of Andi in St Lucia from the previews...just the PI in an eventual episode. Also the F4 were identified, in part, due to their PIs. It was several episodes in that I realized keeping track of all the PIs could be useful in tracking the timeline for how long the girls stayed...make sense?

It might be nice to keep track of it this time from the very start. As more episodes are shown, you begin to see a pattern with the PI backgrounds. Anyway, it's just a suggestion so more people can analyze and connect the dots.

*NO SPOILERS* -  The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion  - Page 3 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Mar - 19:49

Also, will there be a non spoilers non sleuthing section?

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu 20 Mar - 21:04

nd4reality wrote:To be fair, we narrowed down the F2 / F3 using SCs from the Season previews and who were the main "players" during the episodes.
It was only after that point when we started taking real life information into account during our discussions.

I did not technically spoil myself by reading the RS threads nor did I go on his site (no thanks!).
However I did put 2 and 2 together when other posters started dropping hints and arguing against the spoilers. no no 
litta123 is right. We were trying to sleuth old-school prior to the pesky spoiler king ruining the fun for us all. Now everyone not only believes him but feels the need to post that information everywhere. Just yuck.

It would  be helpful if everyone could just post about the topic at hand and keep the additional information out. But that is probably never going to happen.

Personally I found the social media/articles and tweets very helpful in figuring out the ending without being spoiled. While till the day of the FRC i was not 100% because there were so many good reasons to believe in another ending I was more sure that Nikki was F1 than Clare. IMO that interview she (Clare) gave was a clincher for me.
I just knew that Brooks could not be F1 despite all and sundry claiming that he was. His real life activities did not indicate that he was. Therefore I feel we need that information on the non-spoiler side as well.

Often there are just not enough SCs in the Season Preview to tell the whole story and to sleuth from just the edit and SCs. This season they did not release most of Nikki's time and no LCD/MTP pics to prove that she was in the F2. But social media (her traveling at regular intervals etc. was a bigger clue).
JMO.
I wasn't "spoiled" when I first came on board the non-spoiler threads, however, I did get spoiled looking at an article for which I was not surprised before I had already come to conclusion that Nikki was F1.  To me, the logic just wasn't there for Clare being F1.  I think that it was just unclear as to who was spoiling vs who figured it out on their own.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Thu 20 Mar - 21:12

2observe wrote:

JMO.
I wasn't "spoiled" when I first came on board the non-spoiler threads, however, I did get spoiled looking at an article for which I was not surprised before I had already come to conclusion that Nikki was F1.  To me, the logic just wasn't there for Clare being F1.  I think that it was just unclear as to who was spoiling vs who figured it out on their own.

I was unspoiled and at the F3 one poster said they wanted Clare to win just so RS would be wrong. That was in the non-spoiled section. I had picked Nikki as the F1 but that sure didn't leave any room for doubt as to who was F1. It was clear that Andi was leaving so RS spoiled Nikki. That is the type of post that I would really like people to avoid in the non-spoiled section. Obviously this poster knew who was the spoiled winner and their post didn't come right out and say it, but it was clear.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu 20 Mar - 21:30

Peppermom wrote:
2observe wrote:

JMO.

I was unspoiled and at the F3 one poster said they wanted Clare to win just so RS would be wrong.  That was in the non-spoiled section.  I had picked Nikki as the F1 but that sure didn't leave any room for doubt as to who was F1.  It was clear that Andi was leaving so RS spoiled Nikki.  That is the type of post that I would really like people to avoid in the non-spoiled section.  Obviously this poster knew who was the spoiled winner and their post didn't come right out and say it, but it was clear.

That is exactly what happened for me too.

For me it was - go argue about RS and his spoilers in that thread and stop coming here to constantly try and prove your point  Suspect . You are spoiling things for us all.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*NO SPOILERS* - The Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

+14
Peppermom
tigertiz
Aunties_Love
chloep
nd4reality