SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4 - Page 60 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 am

Chris' Corner on Honeymoons: http://www.desireehartsock.com/chriss-corner-honeymoon/

And an exciting tidbit: "I have some other exciting news. I am about to make a career change for the better and I want to share it with you. As of May 1st I will be working for myself as a Mortgage Consultant (Loan Officer). Don’t worry! I am still going to be at the same place, but I will be working on my own now. Thank you for being interested and listening to me. This is going to bring a whole new twist to my online presence and presence in Seattle! I am in the beginning stages of finalizing my website and will keep you posted! Exciting times everyone. Very exciting times."

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4 - Page 60 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4 - Page 60 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

bleuberry wrote:Chris' Corner on Honeymoons: http://www.desireehartsock.com/chriss-corner-honeymoon/

And an exciting tidbit: "I have some other exciting news. I am about to make a career change for the better and I want to share it with you. As of May 1st I will be working for myself as a Mortgage Consultant (Loan Officer). Don’t worry! I am still going to be at the same place, but I will be working on my own now. Thank you for being interested and listening to me. This is going to bring a whole new twist to my online presence and presence in Seattle! I am in the beginning stages of finalizing my website and will keep you posted! Exciting times everyone. Very exciting times."

Wow! We will be in the same profession! I will have to congratulate him and welcome him into this crazy business! Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Chris' Corner on Honeymoons: http://www.desireehartsock.com/chriss-corner-honeymoon/

Wow! We will be in the same profession! I will have to congratulate him and welcome him into this crazy business! Smiley

What does that mean, "working on my own?" More time off for stuff with the Mrs. Someone, please explain? laugh out loud.
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 pm

If I remember correctly he worked for a bank? If he did, he could have been a salaried employee working in loans and mortgages.

Working for yourself as a Mortgage Consultant, in Canada you are called a Mortgage Agent, you either work under a Brokerage firm who has a Mortgage Brokerage License, or it sounds like he will continue to work for the same Bank in which case, a lot of banks have mobile mortgage consultants as part of their services that they offer. These mobile consultants, will visit you at your home, or wherever it's convenient for you.

In either case, you are considered self employed, "working on your own" and earn commission income rather than a salaried position.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 pm

GA, would it be fair to say that it will give Chris more flexibility in his hours worked? Not that he would necessarily work less, but that he can shape his schedule.

I'd imagine his notoriety would be a big plus in drawing in customers/clients...and hence, increase his earnings.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4 - Page 60 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:If I remember correctly he worked for a bank? If he did, he could have been a salaried employee working in loans and mortgages.

Working for yourself as a Mortgage Consultant, in Canada you are called a Mortgage Agent, you either work under a Brokerage firm who has a Mortgage Brokerage License, or it sounds like he will continue to work for the same Bank in which case, a lot of banks have mobile mortgage consultants as part of their services that they offer. These mobile consultants, will visit you at your home, or wherever it's convenient for you.

In either case, you are considered self employed, "working on your own" and earn commission income rather than a salaried position.

Uhmmm, Interesting! Thanks for sharing with dimwits like me.
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Litta123 wrote:GA, would it be fair to say that it will give Chris more flexibility in his hours worked? Not that he would necessarily work less, but that he can shape his schedule.

I'd imagine his notoriety would be a big plus in drawing in customers/clients...and hence, increase his earnings.

So if doesn't close a loan, he won't get paid? Lol!!!
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Litta123 wrote:GA, would it be fair to say that it will give Chris more flexibility in his hours worked? Not that he would necessarily work less, but that he can shape his schedule.

Absolutely to the bold. That is the best part of this type of employment. (and one of the reason's I can pop in here all day long) He can probably also work from home. He may have an office at the bank that he can use just to meet clients, and not necessarily be there all day, as opposed to a salary job where you are there 9-5pm or later. The drawback is evenings/weekends, you might get calls. That's ok though because you want the business, and you can make arrangements according to your schedule. Similar to real estate agents, except you deal with mortgages. We call them Mortgages in Canada, the U.S calls them Mortgage Loans. The other benefit is while working in a bank (lots of yrs of experience so I know) it has become so stressful in that it's all about meeting unrealistic goals. Depending on what company you work for in Mortgage Brokering, you don't have that stress. It's all about setting your own goals, and drumming up business, rather than answering to some big wig why you didn't achieve $8million dollars in business last month that they expected from you.

MMA50 wrote:

This, for me is the worst part of the job. If you have a wife/partner etc who is working full time and has a steady income it wouldn't be so bad.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

Absolutely to the bold. That is the best part of this type of employment. (and one of the reason's I can pop in here all day long) He can probably also work from home. He may have an office at the bank that he can use just to meet clients, and not necessarily be there all day, as opposed to a salary job where you are there 9-5pm or later. The drawback is evenings/weekends, you might get calls. That's ok though because you want the business, and you can make arrangements according to your schedule. Similar to real estate agents, except you deal with mortgages. We call them Mortgages in Canada, the U.S calls them Mortgage Loans. The other benefit is while working in a bank (lots of yrs of experience so I know) it has become so stressful in that it's all about meeting unrealistic goals. Depending on what company you work for in Mortgage Brokering, you don't have that stress. It's all about setting your own goals, and drumming up business, rather than answering to some big wig why you didn't achieve $8million dollars in business last month that they expected from you.

MMA50 wrote:

This, for me is the worst part of the job. If you have a wife/partner etc who is working full time and has a steady income it wouldn't be so bad.

And if the fiancé /wife business doesn't generate a steady (meaning a weekly/bi-monthly/monthly/annual) income, then that could be a financial problem. Seems, our Prince is going to have to bust his butt(nights, weekends, and holidays) to generate a steady income.

I heard a report last week in the news that people weren't buying or couldn't afford to purchase a home like 15-20 years ago, and was resorting to renting. So with the lack of home purchases, I hope it works out for him! I wish him well with this new endeavor.
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm not sure how they manage their finances, but I imagine this will be a nice balance for them. If they needed the income and were in a dire situation, he probably wouldn't be able to make the move right now. Fortunately, I think they live comfortably right now due to her time on the show and opportunities they've had, and the upcoming wedding will help even more I'm sure.

I'm happy for Chris, he seems happy, they're both working and are passionate about their careers! A win-win.  :yes:

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4 - Page 60 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 pm

He has the advantage of his former clients data base that I'm sure will contact him rather than dealing at the bank, if in fact that's the case in his switch.

For him to make the switch, there had to be a reason for switching from salary guaranteed income, to a commission based structure, if that was his situation. Also you are well aware, there are times where business is slow, therefore you should be comfortable knowing you'll be ok those situations.

There are also types of employment in this business, where you receive a small base salary and a small commission. Often times people make the switch as their commission would amount to more than the salary plus commission structure. There are other things to consider, like you're paying for your own adverstising etc, but I'm sure he has it all figured out. Smiley

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:21 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:He has the advantage of his former clients data base that I'm sure will contact him rather than dealing at the bank, if in fact that's the case in his switch.

For him to make the switch, there had to be a reason for switching from salary guaranteed income, to a commission based structure, if that was his situation. Also you are well aware, there are times where business is slow, therefore you should be comfortable knowing you'll be ok those situations.  

There are also types of employment in this business, where you receive a small base salary and a small commission. Often times people make the switch as their commission would amount to more than the salary plus commission structure. There are other things to consider, like you're paying for your own adverstising etc, but I'm sure he has it all figured out. Smiley

True dat!
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #4

+35
Litta123
notarose
ddsmom17
Mustang19
bleuberry