SELECT CONTENT

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:19 pm

I do remember seeing parts of the SeanCat reception posted in their thread. My first choice would definitely be a previously recorded wedding, I don't want to be at the mercy of the guests. hissyfit But at the end of the day, I'm sure we'll live.  giggling 

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:45 pm

umngirl wrote:Just a note, while we got no official video footage from their reception, the guests at SeanCat's wedding were encouraged by them to share photos and videos. Because of that, we got multiple videos of their entrance, their first dance, the cake cutting, father/bride & mother/groom dances, the removing of the garter, etc. So really, we got to see all those moments even if it wasn't during the actually wedding special.

Personally, I loved the live wedding. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Even all the crap about the consummation station/honeymoon suite? I loved Sean and Cat and their genuine love and especially Sean's dad, but a lot of the filler I could have done without and would rather have seen some of the reception.

The ceremony itself was wonderful though, I completely agree with that, and I liked that part much better than JP and Ash, but then again I don't like CH, so that could affect my view of that.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:53 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:Just a note, while we got no official video footage from their reception, the guests at SeanCat's wedding were encouraged by them to share photos and videos. Because of that, we got multiple videos of their entrance, their first dance, the cake cutting, father/bride & mother/groom dances, the removing of the garter, etc. So really, we got to see all those moments even if it wasn't during the actually wedding special.

Personally, I loved the live wedding. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Even all the crap about the consummation station/honeymoon suite?  I loved Sean and Cat and their genuine love and especially Sean's dad, but a lot of the filler I could have done without and would rather have seen some of the reception.

The ceremony itself was wonderful though, I completely agree with that, and I liked that part much better than JP and Ash, but then again I don't like CH, so that could affect my view of that.

All that pre-ceremony stuff would have been included (minus the inset of the honeymoon suite cam) even if it was pre-taped. That's just how TPTB work. Sure the cam was too much, but Sean and Catherine didn't mind the rest of it so neither did I.

While I would love to see more of their reception, and we still might considering parts of it were taped apparently, us fans saw a great deal thanks to social media so I'm content with what we saw. Plus without formal taping at the reception, the guests, especially their families/friends not used to the cameras, could relax and be more comfortable. Again, the Lowe's loved their wedding so who am I as a fan to complain? You know what I mean.

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 87b72b10 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 86669110 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:25 pm

I loved the fact that Sean and Catherine's actual ceremony was live, but missed seeing parts of the reception. I definitely did not like the "live honeymoon suite cam."

I really enjoyed seeing Molly and Jason's first dance to a live performer, and all the guest inside at the reception. Ashley and JP's wedding seemed to flow better then the live one. Guess we will have to wait and see what ABC decides for Des and Chris. Seems like it might be in December.  Hugesmile 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:30 pm

And I'm thinking they stick with the live aspect now that they know it works, just like they've stuck with the live ATFR since they began that. So I'd prepare yourselves for what will most likely be the case. Plus, if it's delayed, you won't get all the great social media stuff we got I imagine because TPTB don't want it spoiled that much.

Again, we saw a great deal of their reception even if it wasn't shown on t.v. We probably got more details than if it had aired so I can't take issue with that at all.

I loved the Lowe's wedding best. Their ceremony was absolutely perfect, perfect. I did enjoy JP/Ashley's wedding, but I honestly don't remember a single thing about it other that CH officiating. Same goes with Jason/Molly's wedding. I only remember it poured. But that's probably due to the fact I'm a FAR bigger fan of SeanCat than any other couple so I remember it so much better, including all the finer details.

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 87b72b10 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 86669110 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 pm

umngirl wrote:And I'm thinking they stick with the live aspect now that they know it works, just like they've stuck with the live ATFR since they began that. So I'd prepare yourselves for what will most likely be the case. Plus, if it's delayed, you won't get all the great social media stuff we got I imagine because TPTB don't want it spoiled that much.

Again, we saw a great deal of their reception even if it wasn't shown on t.v. We probably got more details than if it had aired so I can't take issue with that at all.  

I loved the Lowe's wedding best. Their ceremony was absolutely perfect, perfect. I did enjoy JP/Ashley's wedding, but I honestly don't remember a single thing about it other that CH officiating. Same goes with Jason/Molly's wedding. I only remember it poured. But that's probably due to the fact I'm a FAR bigger fan of SeanCat than any other couple so I remember it so much better, including all the finer details.

Haha! You probably do remember the "finer details" more than the rest of us! I don't remember a lot of details from JP and Ashley's wedding, but I do remember more details from Jason and Molly's because I was a Jolly fan, but also I was following Jillian at the time and she went to the wedding with Ed. LOL

You are probably right about Chres's wedding being live. TPTB are predictable and usually go with what works.  Hugesmile 

soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm not sure, I'm 50/50 on whether or not it'll actually be live. I mean, without 2-3 segments dedicated to lingerie shopping and honeymoon suite talk, how will they fill 2 hours?!  Hugesmile 

I thought Sean and Cat's actual wedding ceremony was perfect, my favourite I think. But I think JP and Ash's wedding flowed the best. I know they're still TPTB productions, but I don't think I can remember any cringe worthy moments being edited into the other weddings. I know they took it in stride, but I wish they'd leave the shenanigans for the Bachelor/ette.

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Even all the crap about the consummation station/honeymoon suite?  I loved Sean and Cat and their genuine love and especially Sean's dad, but a lot of the filler I could have done without and would rather have seen some of the reception.

I'd like to see components from a few Bach weddings to make the perfect wedding for Des & Chris.  Give me the over the top florals and romantic colors from Trista & Ryan's wedding.  Down to earth bride & groom acknowledging their different religious beliefs a la Ash & JP.  Overcoming a big obstacle / negativity from filming the Bach show like Molly & Jason.  Kick CH to the curb and have an officiant that actually matters in your lives.  A few glimpses of the first dance, toast from best man / maid of honor, cake cutting would be great.  Allow the happy couple and their guests plenty of private time at the reception.

Please no live show that drags on & on with lots of filler.  Please no tacky references to consummating the marriage and "honeymoon cam".  A taped event would give TPTB time to remove any potentially embarrassing moments that should remain private.  Good luck Des & Chris!  cheerleader

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

bleuberry wrote:I'm not sure, I'm 50/50 on whether or not it'll actually be live. I mean, without 2-3 segments dedicated to lingerie shopping and honeymoon suite talk, how will they fill 2 hours?!  Hugesmile 

I thought Sean and Cat's actual wedding ceremony was perfect, my favourite I think. But I think JP and Ash's wedding flowed the best. I know they're still TPTB productions, but I don't think I can remember any cringe worthy moments being edited into the other weddings. I know they took it in stride, but I wish they'd leave the shenanigans for the Bachelor/ette.

Because Des is designing her dresses, I'd imagine they'd spend more time on that. Plus showing a few other set-up things like decor or cake tasting, things that were deleted scenes for SeanCat, would fill up the time. Or maybe some of the Bachelor/ette parties. On that note, I'm glad SeanCat got away without any filming of those.

And I thought the 2 hours for the Lowe's wedding went incredibly quick. I remember looking at the clock after it was all over and thinking, "That's it? That was 2 hours already? Felt like 45 at most." But again, that's because any time their on scene the time just seems to fly because they are always have fun and being in love.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 pm

I don't know if they'll do the live thing again. To me it was hype more than anything. I loved the ceremony itself but thought some things were rushed like us barely seeing the wedding party coming in. I didn't enjoy the pre-filmed part as much as previous weddings, maybe because they were emphasizing the wedding night. I'd have loved to see some of the parties. 

Maybe they'll mix it up again for Des & Chris. Take what worked from each and tweak it a little.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:31 am

albean99 wrote:I don't know if they'll do the live thing again. To me it was hype more than anything. I loved the ceremony itself but thought some things were rushed like us barely seeing the wedding party coming in. I didn't enjoy the pre-filmed part as much as previous weddings, maybe because they were emphasizing the wedding night. I'd have loved to see some of the parties. 

Maybe they'll mix it up again for Des & Chris. Take what worked from each and tweak it a little.

Great idea. Maybe they will mix it up a little. There have been enough weddings now that they probably have learned something, especially on the production side. All this talk of their wedding is making me so excited.  :cutesmile!: 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:44 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Mura, because after the ceremony, so much goes on that they just can't cut to the reception in one commercial break. Photos of the bridal team, families, etc (lots!), moving hundreds of people inside and getting them seated, touching up the bride and any outfit changes, move production and set up inside, etc etc! It is essentially impossible to do, unfortunately.

And even after all of that, the reception is live, so they can't exactly cut to the first dance and all of the cute moments viewers want to see, know what I mean? It actually has to play out for them normally, which is more time than they prepare to show on tv.

Thanks bleu!!! So I must take side here. I have decided that although it would def killing me  :bigsigh: I'd prefer a postponed (is this the correct term? laugh out loud) wedding show in order for me to soaking up all the cute, sweet, awesome, romantic moments of the Reception. As per the Prince, it's got to be an awesome dance party. Thus, There is NO WAY in the world I would miss it!!  lolpanda . Someone  handwave ---whateva it takes -- pls make it happen  Praying  :whistle: .TIA!!  :cutesmile!: 

I tried to watch some of the reception video for SeanCat but they were too short and not clear at all. I would prefer to see a portion of the reception, so for that reason, no live wedding for me. But I guess, we have to take whatever they give us.
This is my suggestion, if they decide on a live wedding, let's email Chris and Des to have someone film a portion of the reception, like the first dance, the introduction, and other cute moments. How about that?
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

+46
luvlady345
Ash2214
Norcalgal
Burdette
Litta123