SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by ironcat Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:13 pm

I can get on board the "Prince Farming" moniker! Very clever (and not insulting) yes yes  The producers should use it (and Kasha should get a royalty).

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 pm

MiaHawk wrote:Have we ever seen a lead who was so frequently referred to by his 'profession-and-name'?  As in 'Farmer Chris'? I know we had Doctor Travis Stork and Prince Lorenzo Borghese, but those are more like titles.  Has any other lead actually been called by his profession-and-name?

I know Jake had his theme of On the Wings of Love and there may have been other themes that I've forgotten, but the fact that Chris is constantly called Farmer Chris kind of bugs me. Yes, I think it is very important that any potential fiance truly knows what kind of lifestyle she would be living, because if this show is filmed in LA and around the world in exotic locales these women aren't going to see the reality of life with Chris at all.  To me I don't think that TPTB really care enough to be informing and promoting rural life or to actually care if Chris finds someone truly compatible for him.  We here on the board are actually discussing in more realistic terms what farm life will be like than I think TPTB will actually show these contetant during the season.  So if anyone other than somebody who has grown up in small town rural America is there, they aren't going to have a clue.

I also fear that the urban LA producers are going to take every opportunity to poke fun at Chris and his life but in a mocking sort of way.  They are going to use his career and farm life as a punchline, because they will feel that they are superior and more evolved than it. I wouldn't enjoy that.  I think that there are all kinds of lifestyles across this country and one isn't necessarily better than the other, just different. I think Chris appears to be (from what little we were shown) a decent and nice guy.  I think everyone deserves to find their special someone.  My fear is that he will be too stoic and non-emotional, and therefore the shenanigans, mocking, and drama will become the dominant focus of the show.

This is my concern as well. Tptb have nothing to be superior about. I am a confirmed city person and live in LA but you just have to read Elan's twitter to see this guy has his struggles. Chris was seen by his fellow contestants as a grown up, someone to confide in, someone who did speak up. He also was pretty funny in his off hour shenanigans with Dylan and Marcus. I'm gonna give him a chance and see what happens.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I don't think the issue is Chris is rolling with the pigs 24/7.
I think the issue is farming is serious business 24/7. It's a hard business. It is a far different business then having another type of business.
Yes, they have money and it can remove certain issues from the equation and make life more comfortable. But when you live in a town that small, it also makes life difficult in many aspects. I know--I lived in a small town--although quite larger than this, from 18 until 34 yrs old. When you come into this lifestyle--you are an outsider. Period. That alone is another variable.

But--we are discussing TB. This joke of a reality show.
They are going to take the Prince Farming and make him into a real prize. Puts a whole new spin on Meat and Geek.
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 POTS+Pig

OMG ... you are on a roll ... taking my coffee break and enjoying this thread!  cantstopl 

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:17 pm

ironcat wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I am NOT excited for Chris as the Bachelor.  I think it will be soooo boring.  That being said, I will keep an open mind.  He can't be worse than Juan Pablo or Jake.   I just hope they don't limit the international travel because of his small town roots.  

Why, do you think he's "ascurred" of them big ole air-o-planes?  cantstopl 

I'm sure they'll keep the format the same, it's what brings in both contestants and viewers.

Gotta say that I'm sort of proud of myself that this NYC snob, born and bred, is keeping an open mind and not stereotyping the farmer from the heartland without even seeing the show.  :halo: 

I have lived the city life all my life too, I don't even know how to ride a horse, but I am completely fascinated to see the everyday life on a farm, one of the reasons I am looking forward to his season. I could learn a thing or two.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Sprite wrote:
ironcat wrote:Wow, hearing all about Chris the smelly pig farmer, I'm shocked that the hayseed knew enough to put on a nice suit and tie for the RCs and didn't just show up in his muddy overalls!   Hugesmile :hidingchair 

And if I'm not mistaken, he was actually one of the BEST dressed at those RCs.  Wonder how the heck he ever managed to pull that off?  Has the Wells Fargo wagon upgraded their merchandise?  rofl rofl

handwave I got to agree. Apparently I am one of the few.

I have been on these boards for a long time and have seen a lot of vitriol aimed at contestants, but that is usually during the peak of the season when fan flags are out full force or at the end of the season when some are upset by being foiled by MF. I have never seen such mockery of a man before his season even starts, let alone someone who was well liked by his fellow contestants and seemed to have been shown as nothing less than a gentleman during his stint on the show. At least there is usually some basis for the criticism and sarcasm....other than the mans profession...which happens to be admirable in my book.

I can not speak for others, only myself. My "mockery" is not towards Chris, but toward the entire idea of this show and its machinations with who the main is.

As far as the first quote above, when I lived in the "small town", my neighbor across the "street" was Walton family--as in Sam Walton/Walmart. So I doubt seriously many on this forum equate small town/farmer/discount king with having no fashion sense, manners, class etc. People of all cultures and walks of life can certainly have those attributes as well as being well educated and well traveled.

So again, little of my personal feelings have to do with Chris, the person vs the type of candidates that will be chosen to compete for the role intended in his life and lifestyle.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:20 pm

If its true that Chris is the next bachelor I'm happy for him , he was real sweet on Andi's season .

I hope they have really tried to find bachelorettes that want to live a great life that Chris can offer the right Woman .
 hearthumbsup   rose bud 

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Its-ra10 It's raining LOVE!!            Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Air_fi10 .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Baseball-1 Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Iowa_hawk_fan wrote:Being from Iowa myself - not all farmers are muddy and dirty.  Many families that have farmland, rent it out and make big bucks doing just that.  Chris may be a "farmer" but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's uneducated, dirty, and rides a tractor around town.  Iowa lifestyle is much more laid-back and slower paced than big cities on the coasts, but that doesn't make it bad.  It's just different than what many are used to.

I have no problem with Chris or the Iowa lifestyle. I have friends who live in Iowa. My hesitation is finding girls for the show that will respond to it. The average actress wannabe/fameho they cast on this show isn't that girl. If they cast correctly, then I don't see a problem. Now as Patti the Millionaire Matchmaker says, no one will be able to account for Chris's picker and whether it will appreciate that or focus on other things.

Sarcasm used to be a mainstay of this board, so please don't let it offend you too much. We would make fun of ourselves too.

If Josh were to be the bachelor, we would be mocking apron strings, baseball and carrying Aaron's cleats.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:25 pm

alwaystulips wrote:^^  Same lips!   :Nod:

rofl rofl 
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:31 pm

The first clue Chris will have about someone to embrace Iowa will be the one who's willing to ditch the 5 inch heels. Sean was asked about the kind of dates he'd like. He didn't have too many helicopters, but he did have lots of adrenaline/outdoor dates..... those fit activities he likes to do. I don't think tptb will think 10 weeks of farm dates will make good tv- one or two maybe with particularly girly girls. But I do see a lot of adventure/adrenaline because Chris showed he was pretty good at encouraging. So the girls will have lots to "overcome". I hope they filled out their questionnaires really carefully- especially the question about their greatest fear.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Beagle wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I am NOT excited for Chris as the Bachelor.  I think it will be soooo boring.  That being said, I will keep an open mind.  He can't be worse than Juan Pablo or Jake.   I just hope they don't limit the international travel because of his small town roots.  

Why, do you think he's "ascurred" of them big ole air-o-planes?  cantstopl 

I'm sure they'll keep the format the same, it's what brings in both contestants and viewers.

Gotta say that I'm sort of proud of myself that this NYC snob, born and bred, is keeping an open mind and not stereotyping the farmer from the heartland without even seeing the show.  :halo: 

I have lived the city life all my life too, I don't even know how to ride a horse, but I am completely fascinated to see the everyday life on a farm, one of the reasons I am looking forward to his season. I could learn a thing or two.

Yes, I want to see more of Chris's everyday life on a farm. I'm fascinated by it and every time I think of Chris I associate him with Pioneer Woman's husband and their Ranch lifestyle. That wouldn't be bad at all! Hugesmile 
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Iowa_hawk_fan wrote:Being from Iowa myself - not all farmers are muddy and dirty.  Many families that have farmland, rent it out and make big bucks doing just that.  Chris may be a "farmer" but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's uneducated, dirty, and rides a tractor around town.  Iowa lifestyle is much more laid-back and slower paced than big cities on the coasts, but that doesn't make it bad.  It's just different than what many are used to.

Yes! We have a close family friend who was raised on a farm in Pocahontas County, Iowa in a town with a population of about 1,300. While he moved out of state after grad school (Iowa!), his brother stayed behind to run the family farm. And, surprise, surprise ... married a woman at a later age whom he met online. She is from a completely different culture and at one point worked in NYC in the fashion industry. They are happily married and travel internationally to visit her relatives for a few weeks each year.  Pretty darn sure that she doesn't get her hands dirty on the farm but with her WiFi connection and an airport a couple hours away, she can maintain her career as a consultant.

So sure it can happen ... people move to different environments for love all the time. California girl Des moved to rainy Seattle for her man. So did Renee (from Juan Pablo's season).

That said ... we all know that TPTB only ever strives to cast 3-5 women who would be potential love matches and the rest are a mixed bag for ratings and house drama. Surely there has to be a few women who fell in love with Chris during the season and threw their hats into the ring hoping he'd be the one.

And, heck, if casting didn't succeed ... surely won't be the first time that the Bachelor didn't end up with his F1 after the final rose.

I STILL would rather watch Arie onscreen ... but will tune in for Farmer Chris and give him a chance too!  :cutesmile!: 
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 pm

I just baffled by this Bach choice. What the heck is production thinking?

This has nothing to do with Chris being a nice, good, wholesome, wealthy guy, whatever. They picked (or allegedly) picked a farmer. A farmer! The most physically demanding and time consuming occupation on the planet. You wake up, you farm, and you do that until the sun sets. It's not 9-5 M-F, it's 365 days a year. Good luck ever going on a vacation again. I say this as someone with extended family who own a very large farming operation. It's leaving parties and family functions on weekend afternoons to go back to work at the farm until dark. All of the boys married women they met through farming who are already familiar with the lifestyle.

My only conclusion would be that Chris isn't technically a farmer. As one would not be able to leave for extended periods of time to go on TV to find a wife. I can see, I guess, how it fits nicely into a storyline. Hopefully they cast some early risers! I'll be interested to see if Chris has thoughts about moving away from home. A true test to the women would be to move them all in next door to his parents, wake them all up at the crack of dawn every single day, have them do the work that Chris' mom does every single day, and see if they want to stay. Allowing them the torture of driving an hour to the closest Target optional.

I'm really trying to be serious and realistic. This is a real stink of a situation for production. Either Chris gives a little on where he lives or it's going to take a very special woman to make this a legitimate match. I guess I have very little faith in TPTB to actually pull this off as believable.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 27 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy