SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by pander3575 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:31 pm

milo05 wrote:I grew up in NE Missouri on a farm, 5 miles from town. Town being population 2000. The closest WalMart was 30 mintues away and Target was an hour, 15 minutes away.  Same for a mall.   My dad is still farming crops, and has beef cattle.  Honestly, I liked growing up on a farm.  I wish I lived in the country now.  Farm life isn't for everyone, but I wouldn't consider it bleak.  There are plenty of people who choose to live in the country after living in the city.  It's not like we don't have cable, the internet, social activities ect.  There is a sense of community like no other.  People stop to help you out without giving it a second thought. If you live within 5 miles, you are considered a neighbor.  Yes, it may take longer to get to the city.   I find the most serenity after being at my parents or in laws who also live in the country.  I would love to have my children to grow up on a farm, I had great experiences, and would love for them to have that as well.

Just because you live on a farm doesn't mean that is what your profession will be. I had plenty of neighbors growing up who were nurses who commuted 30-45 minutes to work at a hospital.  I am guessing that a lot of people who are on this board who have a much longer commute to work.

Your heart can't choose what your love does.  I have an old coworker who married a farmer, commutes an hour and 15 minutes to work because she loves what she does.  Is it ideal, no, but she wouldn't have it any other way.  

Just because you can't imagine why anyone else would want to live in that area of Iowa (which I currently live 1.5 hours away from where Chris lives) doesn't mean that it isn't a great fit for someone else.
Actually an hour commute is what many have whether they live in the country or city. I used to have an hour commute but thankfully it was a more rural drive whereas my son had a 1 1/2 hr drive into DC that sometimes turned into a 3 hr commute. As you said country life isn't for everyone but it can be a very wonderful life and peaceful life if that's what you chose.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Still dreaming for the day when Tim Tebow becomes the next bachelor  Praying 
IMO, he carries enough clout for TPTB to change the format of the show, if he requests. It will be interesting to see how he conducts himself in that kind of situation, and for sure we will get some quality girls and some crazies!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 pm

sdmom wrote:Still dreaming for the day when Tim Tebow becomes the next bachelor  Praying 
IMO, he carries enough clout for TPTB to change the format of the show, if he requests. It will be interesting to see how he conducts himself in that kind of situation, and for sure we will get some quality girls and some crazies!

I swear, I am not trying to be snarky.  I am not entirely certain that Tim is into girls.  I don't think he will ever act otherwise, but I can see him as one of those lifelong southern bachelors.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 pm

sdmom wrote:Still dreaming for the day when Tim Tebow becomes the next bachelor  Praying 

While I'm a fan of Tebow, I don't think any big name athlete would ever be caught dead doing this show. They went after one of my favorite athletes several years ago and he turned them down pretty quickly.

My crazy idea for one season is taking the show to the Olympics. Have an Olympian be the lead and half the contestants also be Olympians and the other half not. I'd find that fascinating.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Not a Tebow fan. A sports figure doesn't need to do the show anyway.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 am

tigertiz wrote:I'm ready to #BoycottTheBachelor if they dont choose Arie.  I skipped JuanPablo. I can do it again.
BTW, Bachelor Canada is starting another season on Sept. 18th

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
tigertiz wrote:I'm ready to #BoycottTheBachelor if they dont choose Arie.  I skipped JuanPablo. I can do it again.

Does anyone know if there will be anywhere to watch it from the USA?

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:25 am

nutty1 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be anywhere to watch it from the USA?
I don't think so other than download sites.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:30 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Fleiss may as well pack up his Bachelor tent and go home. I only watched select episodes of Ben's season on line. Totally skipped Yawn's and tuned into JP's during HTD. If Arie isn't the next Bachelor I definitely won't be tuning in again. I'm pretty sure Chris's season will be about as entertaining as watching a field of corn growing.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Haha go Arie. spitcoffee

Arie Luyendyk Jr. @ariejr
I'm not the Bachelor, have fun on the farm people ✌️

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 8367-910 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 I_got_13 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 E5kqdm15 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Well here's our confirmation. I don't think they were genuinely considering Arie, just like I don't think he was really under consideration in the past. JMO.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 36 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by islandgirl Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I am very sorry, won't be watching Chris

islandgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy