SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by pander3575 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:49 am

nutty1 wrote:I think Chris should be judged for Chris, and not because you like or dislike Arie.

I am giving him a chance, just like I would have Arie.....
Me too! You never know until we get into the season how it will be.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Maggenzm Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:00 pm

pander3575 wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I think Chris should be judged for Chris, and not because you like or dislike Arie.

I am giving him a chance, just like I would have Arie.....
Me too!  You never know until we get into the season how it will be.

Me too! And remember, he is not the only driver in this journey, He has a whole team behind the scene, working and helping him pick the right person, that 's why TP has been very successful in pairing up the right people lately. IMO, let's just enjoy this season.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

ironcat wrote:
Sprite wrote:I think you can tell who I was rooting for as the next lead. That being said, different strokes for different folks. You can never please everyone.

I'm hoping for a season much like Sean's. I see similarities between the two. Both rather down to earth, taking "the process" seriously, humble, genuine, mature, yet with a goofiness that isn't immediately apparent. I think the difference is that we knew a lot more personal info about Sean thanks to his sister Shay's blogs. We felt we knew Uncle Shawnie before we ever met him on the Bette and that continued post Emily and before his own season started. We had nothing near that on Chris before his season.

Regardless of whether people like Chris or not...and I never get why people don't give a season a chance before it ever starts...the success will depend on the "ladies". They will bring the fun, the crazy, the tears, the delusion and possibly a match. One of the things that made Sean's so interesting for me is who he picked. Many people didn't see how he could pick Cat....they seemed like polar opposites...and yet, it clearly worked. Why? Because he surprised many and I'll wait and see if Chris does the same.

I agree with much of this.  I was not following Sean's sister's blogs, so I didn't understand why people thought that Sean's edit was so much more fleshed out (by producers) than Chris' was, but it makes sense that people thought they knew Sean better because of Shay's postings.  I also find it somewhat ironic that for years, we have been complaining that we want a "new" Bachelor like in the old days, where we knew almost nothing about him, only that he was a traditional "catch" (ie, rich, handsome, supposedly sincere), and yet, now that we are given almost exactly that, there are complaints. scratch

Good point!

He's like a mix between Sean and Brad to me.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 49 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

I watched Jake, this guy can't be any worse than Jake.

That is all.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I watched Jake, this guy can't be any worse than Jake.  

That is all.

Hahahaha!! To me, Jesse was the worst. If I watched that season.........

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Jesse hands down. The biggest joke.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Jesse hands down. The biggest joke.

Jesse was slightly better IMO as 1) He was better to look at and 2) Trish was crazy funny where as Vienna was just trailer park trash and this is from a woman who grew up in a trailer park in Florida, so I recognize the phenotype.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm

bleuberry wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Sprite wrote:I think you can tell who I was rooting for as the next lead. That being said, different strokes for different folks. You can never please everyone.

I'm hoping for a season much like Sean's. I see similarities between the two. Both rather down to earth, taking "the process" seriously, humble, genuine, mature, yet with a goofiness that isn't immediately apparent. I think the difference is that we knew a lot more personal info about Sean thanks to his sister Shay's blogs. We felt we knew Uncle Shawnie before we ever met him on the Bette and that continued post Emily and before his own season started. We had nothing near that on Chris before his season.

Regardless of whether people like Chris or not...and I never get why people don't give a season a chance before it ever starts...the success will depend on the "ladies". They will bring the fun, the crazy, the tears, the delusion and possibly a match. One of the things that made Sean's so interesting for me is who he picked. Many people didn't see how he could pick Cat....they seemed like polar opposites...and yet, it clearly worked. Why? Because he surprised many and I'll wait and see if Chris does the same.

I agree with much of this.  I was not following Sean's sister's blogs, so I didn't understand why people thought that Sean's edit was so much more fleshed out (by producers) than Chris' was, but it makes sense that people thought they knew Sean better because of Shay's postings.  I also find it somewhat ironic that for years, we have been complaining that we want a "new" Bachelor like in the old days, where we knew almost nothing about him, only that he was a traditional "catch" (ie, rich, handsome, supposedly sincere), and yet, now that we are given almost exactly that, there are complaints. scratch

Good point!

He's like a mix between Sean and Brad to me.

I think that middle America will be Huge fans of Chris. I was very happy to hear that they picked him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:29 pm

ironcat wrote:

I agree that Sean's edit was not that much more informative than Chris', but I think because people knew more about him they extrapolated what they knew into what they were presented and felt they were given more than they actually were. And no matter what we are given, there will still be people who are unhappy about it. Always!

stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Jesse hands down. The biggest joke.

Jesse was slightly better IMO as 1) He was better to look at and 2) Trish was crazy funny where as Vienna was just trailer park trash and this is from a woman who grew up in a trailer park in Florida, so I recognize the phenotype.

Have to go with Jake the fake...as always. Not only did he willingly pick Vienna, but I don't think I remember anyone else from this show trying so hard to portray themselves as "perfect" and yet have so much anger. Ben was a close second for the anger and as a bad lead for me...not to mention unattractive!

Eviebloom wrote:
I think that middle America will be Huge fans of Chris.  I was very happy to hear that they picked him!

I agree. Lots of casual fans don't even remember who Arie was. I think umngirl mentioned her roommate didn't and I when I mentioned about him being in the running for the next lead to my friends who watch the show, most of them had to be reminded who he was. Not everyone is as obsessed as some of us are. Lucky folks.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:17 pm

JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I watched Jake, this guy can't be any worse than Jake.  

That is all.

I couldn't watch that season. I just couldn't. And because I didn't watch Jake, I didn't know Ali and didn't watch her either.

It was a peaceful year now that I think about it. giggling
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:15 pm

chloep wrote:Sean published the results of his poll:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2014/08/heres-who-my-readers-picked-to-be-the-next-bachelor/#signup

Mind you, both Arie and Nick wrote guest entries for Sean's blog. Arie even made a case for himself(Sean also supported his "buddy") and yet, it's Chris who got the most votes.

It's not surprising at all that Chris got the most votes on Sean's blog when you consider who Sean's blog viewership is. What's really surprising to me is how caustic the @bachelorinterns are about Chris.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy