SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 5 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Me personally, I have not been a CH fan since Jillian and watching him push her to pick Ed and not give Reid a second chance.  Other things since then have made me continue to not care for CH and to me continuing to complain about JPG, because that is what this is complaining about a lead who didn't play the game they way TPTB wanted them to, just seems silly.  

For me UMN you gave many references of how CH didn't speak about Ben or Brad post their seasons, so why keep talking about JPG?  

I guess for me I would like to hear about Andi, about how her journey is going, some of the great places they have visited.  Little antidotes on things that wouldn't really spoil the show but wet our appetites.  Maybe when last season comes up, just say it was a rough one, but we got a great bachelorette out of it and her season is going to be so much fun or so romantic or so funny.  I am tired of the rehashing of all JPG did wrong.  I get it, he was the wrong person for this show and it is all his fault and not at all TPTB's fault.  I don't agree, but that this their line and it won't change.  So CH and TPTB, just let it go and stop ragging on the man.  To me it is getting to be sour grapes.  Heck he could even talk about the fact that for the first time ever it seems the last three couples to come out of this show are together and seem to be going strong, one is married, the other will be soon and even though the last season was rough, the couple seems to be making a go of it.  We seemed to have found some real success and we are looking forward to Andi continuing this trend.  

CH could focus on the positive if he chose to, instead he seems to like to rehash the negative.

He could even start pimping BiP, the people they are looking at, what it will be like since it is a concept change.

Lots of good positive things to focus on, so why keep getting routed in the negative.  Even if asked the questions he can answer in a way of positivity of moving on from JPG instead of continuing to discuss how bad it was.

CH didn't need to encourage Jillian to pick Ed. She was gonna pick him regardless. Reid never stood a real chance. Take this from someone who has talked to that couple about this very subject at length.

CH didn't talk about them in between those times because he didn't do any media and was off filming for the Bachelorette season/Bachelor Pad. CH was in NY for The View and HuffPost Live had him on while he was in town and talked about it, but also about the show in general.

They don't talk about the season they are filming. It's just standard practice. So he says things like it's going good and it's gonna be a great season and leaves it at that. They don't release filming destinations and such until it airs. Just how they do it.

And again, the season barely ended a month ago. It's still fresh in people's minds, still a talking point, and obviously something everyone has an opinion on which CH said. Therefore, they will continue to talk about. If JuanPa fans don't want to listen to the comments, just ignore them. It's really that simple because comments about his season won't end for awhile. Think of how long people talked about other controversial seasons.  Take it from a huge fan of the Lowe's, stick to your couple's fan threads and ignore the non-fan sections if you don't want to see the negative comments from other posters, other contestants, CH, etc.

Last edited by umngirl on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:35 pm

umngirl wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I listened to it, and even though he says he wishes them well, CH does not come off as sincere on the subject of JP - at all. To me, it seems like he is lying through his teeth. Yes, he is a paid person, but the media will stop asking when they stop talking about it and fueling the fire.

I do like this couple so maybe I take things differently than others do.

See, and I actually don't think he's lying through his teeth when he wishes them no ill will and doesn't understand those who do. And the media decides when to stop asking about it when they want to no matter how much someone doesn't want to address it. They keep going based on their agenda. For example, even long after the season had ended and it was first addressed but before the wedding promotion, media kept asking Sean and Catherine about their sex life because they wanted to know more.

And I'm totally indifferent to them as a couple so I see things differently than their fans.

That's fine, I have no problem with respectful differences of opinion. Just to clarify, I don't consider myself a "fan" of any of these contestants or couples. There are some I like and want to see do well such as JPG and Nikki, but all the contestants from this show are just like you and me and I would never put them or anyone else on a pedestal.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:I listened to it, and even though he says he wishes them well, CH does not come off as sincere on the subject of JP - at all. To me, it seems like he is lying through his teeth. Yes, he is a paid person, but the media will stop asking when they stop talking about it and fueling the fire.

I do like this couple so maybe I take things differently than others do.

See, and I actually don't think he's lying through his teeth when he wishes them no ill will and doesn't understand those who do. And the media decides when to stop asking about it when they want to no matter how much someone doesn't want to address it. They keep going based on their agenda. For example, even long after the season had ended and it was first addressed but before the wedding promotion, media kept asking Sean and Catherine about their sex life because they wanted to know more.

And I'm totally indifferent to them as a couple so I see things differently than their fans.

That's fine, I have no problem with respectful differences of opinion. Just to clarify, I don't consider myself a "fan" of any of these contestants or couples. There are some I like and want to see do well such as JPG and Nikki, but all the contestants from this show are just like you and me and I would never put them or anyone else on a pedestal.

When I say "fan", I mean those who visit their fan threads, follow them on social media, seek info about them, generally like them, wish well, etc. I don't mean anything about a pedestal. Just to clarify what I meant by fans.

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes to those who have stated it is just as easy to speak positively as it is to speak negatively  :yes: and like you Mustang19, I have my favorites during filming but once the show is over, my not-so-favorites deserve equal happiness.

Bringing up some negatives, as CH has done again, is his choice based on his character. Some people have the ability to move forward from unpleasant past events faster than others, I suppose. Who knows what his/their "consequence" timeline is. Maybe they think it should be for life; maybe it ends tomorrow. It's whatever they put in their mind. In my mind, the show is over and the future is the place to be.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am

I didn't listen to the interview but didn't have any problem with the quotes I read. Of course he's going to get asked about JP's season and there's no way he's going to say "no comment". I'm sure he'll talk more about Andi's season once it's finished filming.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 am

I listened and, IMO, Chris Harrison isn't being mean spirited. I honestly don't understand why it seems as if some believe Chris Harrison shouldn't be discussing Juan Pablo, at all, as if he isn't entitled.

Nonetheless, do appreciate reading a more open and balanced discussion and would love to see a similar thread opening up to discuss Sean and Catherine.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 am

^There always was a thread, but people stopped posting in it last July. Don't ask me why that happened because I haven't the faintest idea. But it was there.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 am

There is still is such a thread... People who frequented that thread just seemed to have lost interest after Sean's stint on DWTS.  no idea 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

Re Sean's sex life. The constant reference to that  IMO was pathetic, as was the camera picture in picture on their wedding day of the "room". That is a very private matter, and for them to continually bring that up, is an example of what happens when you are tied to TPTB. Their wedding day, for me was almost ruined. I didn't want to hear about all that or visualize what was going to happen in that room.

IA stuckinsc, that this franchise should be focusing on the positive, rather than the negative. It's old news. Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts! For me the fact that JPG stood up to them, and wasn't their puppet is what I like the most. Also, seeing them having a great time, some 7 months or so since they started filming his season, is a pretty good track record considering the length of time some of the others were together.

I'm indifferent to all the couples. I have no preference to any couple, or contestant, and post my opinions the way I see things.

Excellent dialogue going on in here! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 am

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm not a fan of CH, but I do understand what he is saying in this interview and I agree with his perception of JP's behavior on TB.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/chris-harrison-juan-pablo-victim_n_5194185.html?ir=Canada+TV&icid=maing-grid7%7Ccanada-toshiba%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D467883
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:37 pm

umngirl wrote:
notarose wrote:
umngirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
notarose wrote:rofl 
http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/171543/chris_harrison_says_juan_pablo

I wish I had written this! rofl

Why keep talking about JPG?  Talk about Andi and the great season in progress.

What can they really say about Andi? Yeah she's filming and it's gonna be a good season. That's about it as if he gives details it could give stuff away. We are still about a month away from the season premiere so once it gets closer, I suspect the focus will shift.

And the media keep asking about JuanPa because it was controversial. They talk about the controversial seasons a lot longer after they are over.

Definitely see that media would ask CH about a controversial lead between seasons  but that would be when CH is on the red carpet, at a charity event, hosting in some capacity.  This, however, was a prearranged interview with the majority of interview spent talking about JPG in the context of the past.In other words, both parties decided in advance to meet basically to rehash Chris' view of the former bachelor.
There was nothing new here so why bother inviting CH to frolic down memory lane?  Oh wait, anything new would be positive: (in the past 45 days since ATFR)  they see each other often, they have attended a few charity events, they have hung out in each other's hometowns, JPG went to a baseball game with Nikki's brother, they each attended a wedding of the others social circle, they've met some of each other's friends  ... yep.

You do realize CH doesn't keep tabs on what JuanPa and Nikki do right? He probably has no idea what they are up to besides they are still together.

And the questions aren't all hashed out beforehand by both sides. CH may have known the topics they'd cover, but why would he refuse to talk about the most recent season? That makes no sense. It's not like the season was a long time ago. It ended airing just over a month ago.
I have to disagree in part with the bolded statement. While Chris may not directly keep tabs on JuanPa and Nikki, the production team has people that checks message boards and blogs on a regular basis and, imo, keep Chris & TPTB up to speed. Especially when preparing Chris for an interview. jmo
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Me personally, I have not been a CH fan since Jillian and watching him push her to pick Ed and not give Reid a second chance.  Other things since then have made me continue to not care for CH and to me continuing to complain about JPG, because that is what this is complaining about a lead who didn't play the game they way TPTB wanted them to, just seems silly.  

For me UMN you gave many references of how CH didn't speak about Ben or Brad post their seasons, so why keep talking about JPG?  

I guess for me I would like to hear about Andi, about how her journey is going, some of the great places they have visited.  Little antidotes on things that wouldn't really spoil the show but wet our appetites.  Maybe when last season comes up, just say it was a rough one, but we got a great bachelorette out of it and her season is going to be so much fun or so romantic or so funny.  I am tired of the rehashing of all JPG did wrong.  I get it, he was the wrong person for this show and it is all his fault and not at all TPTB's fault.  I don't agree, but that this their line and it won't change.  So CH and TPTB, just let it go and stop ragging on the man.  To me it is getting to be sour grapes.  Heck he could even talk about the fact that for the first time ever it seems the last three couples to come out of this show are together and seem to be going strong, one is married, the other will be soon and even though the last season was rough, the couple seems to be making a go of it.  We seemed to have found some real success and we are looking forward to Andi continuing this trend.  

CH could focus on the positive if he chose to, instead he seems to like to rehash the negative.

He could even start pimping BiP, the people they are looking at, what it will be like since it is a concept change.

Lots of good positive things to focus on, so why keep getting routed in the negative.  Even if asked the questions he can answer in a way of positivity of moving on from JPG instead of continuing to discuss how bad it was.
 bowdown :claphands :claphands :claphands 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+59
Acrunch
chinita
nikikass
eirekay
Rolly