SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by FLChica Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 pm

glazedover wrote:Hmmm. I spent a little time on the Scarlet and Gold site today, looking at Catherine's line and some other items. The "look" carried over into the other items so I "investigated" (meaning I actually read the story of Catherine's involvement carefully and then went back to look at the blurbs for her individual cards, etc.). I was surprised to find that Catherine did not do any of the graphics for her line, but collaborated with S&G's designers who did all the art work. I guess she supplied the wording, maybe, and/or set the tone, maybe. It says she is the creative director for the line, which may be an accurate description, but I was disappointed to see that the actual design work is not hers. And now I wonder exactly what she did contribute and whether or not they are mostly just using her name and story to promote a product line (which would be clever of them and fine by me as a business decision).

Well now that's interesting.  :detective   Much has been made about Cat being a talented graphic artist that can work from anywhere, yet she didn't actually design any of the little cards herself.  I guess her "story" and name recognition is what she brings to the table.

Their site said the company launched in January and is operated out of the owner's apartment.  I do think the ladies that own S&G are using smart marketing strategies to get their business off the ground - kudos to them!  The little cards are only a few dollars each and Cat can tweet about them to her fans.  I wonder if Sean will tweet about them and if Shay will mention this on her blog?
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Description of Catherine's role directly from S&G'w website. Looks like her ideas/concepts and the Lowe Notes read like her wording for sure, while the graphics were done by the S&G team so it was a collaboration.
Catherine’s career path has had stops in advertising, marketing and graphic design. Her passion and experience in the creative fields have given her the motivation to serve as the creative director of this line. C. Lowe by Scarlet & Gold will feature a variety of print products which include placemats, wall art and Lowe Notes. Catherine is transforming the way people communicate their feelings for each other through the hand-written notes. The inspiration for her Lowe Notes comes from her love story with Sean Lowe. During their time on ABC’s The Bachelor, they passed playful, flirtatious notes back and forth to each other. The Lowe Notes will feature a colorful array of messages that reflect her personality and her love story. Scarlet & Gold’s talented team of designers collaborated with Catherine and used her inspiration to bring her concepts to life. Catherine is truly a creative genius and has brought such a fresh perspective to our team.

Oh and Sean has tweeted/IGed about the line/launch party several times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 am

umngirl wrote:Description of Catherine's role directly from S&G'w website. Looks like her ideas/concepts and the Lowe Notes read like her wording for sure, while the graphics were done by the S&G team so it was a collaboration.
Catherine’s career path has had stops in advertising, marketing and graphic design. Her passion and experience in the creative fields have given her the motivation to serve as the creative director of this line. C. Lowe by Scarlet & Gold will feature a variety of print products which include placemats, wall art and Lowe Notes. Catherine is transforming the way people communicate their feelings for each other through the hand-written notes. The inspiration for her Lowe Notes comes from her love story with Sean Lowe. During their time on ABC’s The Bachelor, they passed playful, flirtatious notes back and forth to each other. The Lowe Notes will feature a colorful array of messages that reflect her personality and her love story. Scarlet & Gold’s talented team of designers collaborated with Catherine and used her inspiration to bring her concepts to life. Catherine is truly a creative genius and has brought such a fresh perspective to our team.

Oh and Sean has tweeted/IGed about the line/launch party several times.

Yes, that is almost exactly what I said in my post. We don't really know how much hands on input she had now that we know as a fact that she did not do the design work. What we know is that her story inspired the line. It may look like the wording is hers but we don't know that. The concept/ideas come from her note passing which was highlighted by the show, so the genesis of that does come from her. I am just not interested in the "hype."

I am puzzled....what do Sean's tweets about the launch party have to do with this?

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 am

^The poster above mine asked if Sean tweeted about the line and I answered them.

Perhaps Motheroffive, who personally knows the owner of S&G, can clarify Cat's role for you all. She's mentioned elsewhere that Cat was the creative force behind this, designed the concepts which the design team spruced up, came up with the wording, and Cat had final say over all the designs.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 am

I work at an advertising agency as a designer. The role "Creative Director" really means "concept" - most of the time they don't execute the concept (aka design slaves like me take your concepts and bring it life). Although there are def. creative directors out there who can design and do design and same goes with designers - they can also concept as well as execute.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:42 am

glazedover wrote:
Yes, that is almost exactly what I said in my post. We don't really know how much hands on input she had now that we know as a fact that she did not do the design work. What we know is that her story inspired the line. It may look like the wording is hers but we don't know that. The concept/ideas come from her note passing which was highlighted by the show, so the genesis of that does come from her. I am just not interested in the "hype."

I am puzzled....what do Sean's tweets about the launch party have to do with this?

Your post was nearly verbatim what is on the S&G website.  It states (twice) the items are "a reflection of her personality", that the designers "used her inspiration", etc.  My point was/is that Cat is touted as being a talented graphic artist, yet she didn't design the items.  The website states quite clearly who prepared the artwork for the little gift/notecards; three different designers that were already a part of S&G.

I did notice two of the place mat designs are nearly identical to that of a phone case design with the addition of the words "grown messy".  I guess that's a take off on Cat's "grown sexy" wedding theme.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  

I don't follow Sean on twitter, so I was curious if he would be promoting the items as well.  He does this for multiple items he endorses, so I was pretty sure he would add this to his tweeting.  Home ownership is expensive and it's good to have multiple income streams.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 am

california90 wrote:I work at an advertising agency as a designer. The role "Creative Director" really means "concept" - most of the time they don't execute the concept (aka design slaves like me take your concepts and bring it life). Although there are def. creative directors out there who can design and do design and same goes with designers - they can also concept as well as execute.

Exactly! Thank you for saying it so well.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:57 am

I have design background in my several careers. It's not unusual for a concept to be born in the head of a talented designer and others collaborate to bring the design to confirm to the lines and concepts of an already established company line. Catherine's proven over and over with album covers for talented musicians to food fancy's for Glamor magazine to mention a few, that she is extremely talented. As far as Sean tweeting it had a two fold reason. One was his pride in his creative and talented wife and the other to help reach a wide audience with his huge following on twitter and Instagram to help his wife's blossoming career. He is such a proud husband.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 am

FLChica wrote:
glazedover wrote:

Your post was nearly verbatim what is on the S&G website.  It states (twice) the items are "a reflection of her personality", that the designers "used her inspiration", etc.  My point was/is that Cat is touted as being a talented graphic artist, yet she didn't design the items.  The website states quite clearly who prepared the artwork for the little gift/notecards; three different designers that were already a part of S&G.

I did notice two of the place mat designs are nearly identical to that of a phone case design with the addition of the words "grown messy".  I guess that's a take off on Cat's "grown sexy" wedding theme.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  

I don't follow Sean on twitter, so I was curious if he would be promoting the items as well.  He does this for multiple items he endorses, so I was pretty sure he would add this to his tweeting.  Home ownership is expensive and it's good to have multiple income streams.

One quibble about the placemats is that "menu" has no accent in French.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 am

Just add more to the comments above. After Sean's season, fans wanted to see the famous "notes" that Cat gave to him besides the "kiss" or "beef" ..IMO, S&G asked her to join them, not only because she's talented, but also for her play on words, for the "Notes" and her playfulness. They didn't just want another designer ( they have enough already) they wanted HER for HER. Personally, I don't remember the "designs" on her collections if not for the "words". Yesterday someone tweeted her "If I saw you..a fast hand", she didn't say "when I see a white card w/black ink in the middle, I'd be waving.."

PS. S&G is such a small company, I'm sure they can't afford to pay for the tweets but only free gifts and get a thank you in return.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 am

vivi2 wrote:Just add more to the comments above. After Sean's season, fans wanted to see the famous "notes" that Cat gave to him besides the "kiss" or "beef" ..IMO, S&G asked her to join them, not only because she's talented, but also for her play on words, for the "Notes" and her playfulness. They didn't just want another designer ( they have enough already)  they wanted HER for HER. Personally, I don't remember the "designs" on her collections if not for the "words". Yesterday someone tweeted her "If I saw you..a fast hand", she didn't say  "when I see a white card w/black ink in the middle, I'd be waving.."

PS. S&G is such a small company, I'm sure they can't afford to pay for the tweets but only free gifts and get a thank you in return.

Megan' s method of advertising up to now has been solely social media. Your purchase would include a note from her that if you like whatever you purchased, take a picture and post on IG or twitter. That is how she would get the word out about her products.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 am

I thought the wording had Cat written all over it. So very her. My only gripe is enough with the 'ima' stuff. I'm about her age and they just seemed like too much of an attempt to be young and current and 'hip.'

I loved the cute and funny ones. I love the simplicity of them the most.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie