SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Again, if SC ever told us anything about their non-celebrity jobs then I think it might make it easier to remember them for the casual fan. I loved seeing some of the cool stuff Cat did during their season (of bachelor) and right after she has real talent. As for "oil and gas", um okay, you share all your private thoughts in a book and a not-a-blog and that is as descriptive as he can get? Lived in Texas for 13 years, knew plenty of people in that field, they were all able to say a lot more than that.

Because they so over share the media stuff it is hard to put credence behind the "real" jobs they say nothing about.

And it is okay to live off all the money you make being the first and only bachelor to marry his first choice and also be a man of faith. Just own it. The super secrecy about something's while being an open book about others is just weird.

As far as marriage counseling, I am sure their church offers some and they don't have to be on tv to do it.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 pm

But Stuck, if it's not on tv, did it really happen?! I think not!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:40 pm

bleuberry wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of the show is that all of the couples have problems, or pretend to have problems. Not all problems are equal of course, I'm sure theirs won't be dramatic or scandalous (ie "communication" issues), other D listers will fill that role - much like the Sutters.

"The last three seasons chronicled the lives of five couples from reality shows. The couples do a number of exercises to see if their marriages are worth saving. In the end, the couples decide if they should divorce or make up."  Source

So it's safe to say there will be a fair amount of embellishment (and editing) going on, hopefully they can keep a straight face laugh out loud.

Yeah, they all have major or minor problems which is played up for the cameras, because it is after all a TV show..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Man, could somebody please get me a reality TV gig? I would milk that sucker until the wheels fell off..... It's just strange when people talk about "real jobs" and using your degree etc..., when 90% of people who obtain a degree are not working in that chosen field.... I say go Sean/Cat and this is coming from a non fan....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 pm

I'm all for couples and former contestants taking advantage of the opportunities that are presented to them, but when you're going on your 5th or 6th reality tv show in what, less than 4 years, and that doesn't even include the amount of posed pictures they post of them promoting products and things they get free, attending random events for cash, etc. then I just think that's a bit much.

They both seem sweet, but I think it's time to grow up.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:21 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Again, if SC ever told us anything about their non-celebrity jobs then I think it might make it easier to remember them for the casual fan. I loved seeing some of the cool stuff Cat did during their season (of bachelor) and right after she has real talent. As for "oil and gas", um okay, you share all your private thoughts in a book and a not-a-blog and that is as descriptive as he can get? Lived in Texas for 13 years, knew plenty of people in that field, they were all able to say a lot more than that.

Because they so over share the media stuff it is hard to put credence behind the "real" jobs they say nothing about.

And it is okay to live off all the money you make being the first and only bachelor to marry his first choice and also be a man of faith. Just own it. The super secrecy about something's while being an open book about others is just weird.

As far as marriage counseling, I am sure their church offers some and they don't have to be on tv to do it.
To be fair Sean has already wrote in his blog on what they do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:55 pm

I dunno, what is more grown up than making money legally and being able to support yourself and your family? To me being on a reality show is a job, if it wasn't for these people being on reality shows there would be no bachelor/ette which takes up so much of some/our time.....I seriously don't get it, it's not like Sean/Cat are out here selling drugs...

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:22 pm

^^^
I have to agree about the Marriage Boot Camp. They are probably only going on for the money I doubt that they have any major issues. I am watching it this season because my favorite couple is on from Big Brother Jeff and Jordan . Their problems compared to the others is just laughable. They really do not have any. I think it is easy money for them and probably S&C. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:29 pm

When they endorse so very many products, I cannot take it seriously that they really like or use them, but rather it is a way to make a buck. More like, well nothing harmful here (at best) so I'll give it my stamp of approval for money. To me, that is weak personal integrity, especially for a "man of faith." Their fans are spending money on junk to fund their life style. That is the way I see it.

The reality show stuff I will give them a pass on. It's tacky, but they are young and it won't last forever.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:33 pm

I don't think anyone has gone that low to refer to them as bad people, such as drug dealers, but when you're going on your 5th or 6th reality television show in a time span of less than four years, then yeah, I think it's time to grow up. I don't find it to be very mature to go on another reality television show to air your supposed marital troubles on national television for a paycheck. Even if the supposed marital troubles aren't real, then it's ridiculous to go on a show with your spouse and make believe there are problems between the two of you just for a paycheck. None of that is mature to me.

Perhaps if the other four or five shows, along with the attending random events, promoting and trying to sell certain products on their social media all the time, etc. didn't all happen before this new show then perhaps some people wouldn't think it was time to move on.

With that said, none of that takes away from their good message that Sean has shared through his faith IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:38 pm

I wish Sean/Cat would get six more reality shows this would be twelve ; one for each month, strike while the iron is hot. I would be out of place to tell them how many and what kind of job to take.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Momon001 wrote:I wish Sean/Cat would get six more reality shows this would be twelve ; one for each month, strike while the iron is hot. I would be out of place to tell them how many and what kind of job to take.
Exactly....

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie