SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

repost - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 65 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 am

stuckinsc wrote:JMO, all this discussion tells me is that Cat has no real values of her own. She was Vegan so long (5 years when you are under 30 is a long time and a commitment too) because the bff. She became a Christian because of Sean and now that he is a louder voice in her life a meat eater too. I do think Sean's family especially Jay gave Cat a stability she lacked. I get it, I am attracted to warm mother figures for a similar reason.

BUT, I do not blame Sean. Cat is the one who gladly thoroughly embraces this. And while I find Sean sanctimonious, I have heard him admit that CWS and other things were at least partially on him. Cat on the other hand becomes Wratherine and IMO a nasty, whiny, hypocritical b****. I would love for someone to put together all the thngs she said to JPG and follow it with all her flimsy excuses post CWS and MBC. Cat has what we used to call the convert problem. Those who convert hold their beliefs much more strongly to the point of attack than those for whom beliefs are long held who have time to realize that nothing is without some flaw. I personally dislike Cat/Wrath much more than Sean now. I have read his words admiting he was wrong. I have yet to hear that from her. Again all JMO.

I like this post and agree with a lot of it. I should clarify that I liked Catherine a lot of found her laid back and cool on the show. Ever since "Grown Sexy" on, I find her rather high maintenance and judgy. Just another example of her doing an about face, personality wise. Unless the version on The Bachelor was putting her best foot forward (probably), so who she is is really more Wratherine, and less the cool chick I really liked on the show.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

repost - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 65 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:03 am

Religious beliefs are varied and personal. Often they can bleed over to spirituality and vice versa.
Just a reminder to add IMO and be respectful when discussing religion/politics etc. It can be a tricky topic. (I'm not saying anyone has not, just reminding)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:42 am

IMO many people might be very religious, but more quiet about it. It doesn't make them 'worse' in that religion or less in their faith than those who are more loud and open about it.
I have the faint idea from Sean's and Cat's season that she was/is religious, but not very vocal about it. I don't fault her for that. Maybe she found with Sean the need to be more open, his support for it. Jmo.

Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 am

I just finished reading Sean's book and he wrote that although Catherine was raised Catholic and believed in God, she didn't really have a strong faith at that time. That seemed to be the biggest issue in his decision to choose her because Lindsay, his F2, shared a similar faith with him and his family. It sounds like Cat didn't convert overnight but her willingness to be open to and support Sean in his faith led her there eventually.

I liked the Cat I saw on the show more than the one I see now but I don't know if she really changed that much or if it was just the editing. Although I don't blame Sean for any changes she willingly made for him, I do think he rubs off on her in some not so flattering ways. I'm just really tired of him (them) thinking they are the standard to which all others should strive towards.

Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:34 am

Beach Lover wrote:I just finished reading Sean's book and he wrote that although Catherine was raised Catholic and believed in God, she didn't really have a strong faith at that time. That seemed to be the biggest issue in his decision to choose her because Lindsay, his F2, shared a similar faith with him and his family.  It sounds like Cat didn't convert overnight but her willingness to be open to and support Sean in his faith led her there eventually.

I liked the Cat I saw on the show more than the one I see now but I don't know if she really changed that much or if it was just the editing.  Although I don't blame Sean for any changes she willingly made for him, I do think he rubs off on her in some not so flattering ways.  I'm just really tired of him (them) thinking they are the standard to which all others should strive towards.  

I'm not understanding what "standard" that would be.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:52 pm

I see Cat as struggling to find her way. Coming from the home she did and Seattle, to Sean and Dallas, was a big transition. She doesn't seem unhappy, but it doesn't come naturally for her to fit in with Sean and his family and she's a bit all over the place figuring it out. It probably doesn't help that Shay is like a super human at the role.  

My impression of Cat as the laid back girl from the show changed when I watched MBC. She seems to have a lot of expectations for what she believes her ideal husband should deliver and seemed difficult to deal with at times. In MBC, Sean was walking on eggshells much of the time. I didn't see her show any empathy for him, while demanding it in return. She's far less perceptive and mindful than I would have thought, but I think she's caught up in these roles she thinks they should have, rather than just being herself, which Sean has to constantly remind her is good enough. She also has some notions about letting Sean be the leader that can't possibly last much longer. She's going to completely implode over that one and go into a tail spin at some point. It's just not her. The entire subject should be swept under the carpet, never ever to be spoken of again.  laugh out loud

They weren't the easiest match for one another, but in some ways I understand the attraction. Cat wanted the stability that he and his family offered, Sean wanted someone quirkier and more interesting than the girls he had dated in the past. I think they'll last, but it will be thanks to Sean. He's just more solid and grounded than she is which is one reason she chose him. After watching MBC, I thought she might benefit from individual counseling. I'm not saying Sean in an innocent choir boy, but just based on MBC, I didn't see anything with him that seemed all that complex to resolve.

all jmo

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:56 pm

justrosie wrote:

The standard being the way he lives his life and the way he feels he conducted himself on the Bachelor. He has these strong family and Christian values and he's the only one to marry his F1 (so far), but that doesn't necessarily make him the perfect guy or the best Bachelor ever. But he seems to think he is since he pretty much said so in his book. It doesn't help that the media and even CH dubbed him that (before Ben) and he and Cat as Bachelor royalty. It just went to his (their) head. I don't think Sean is a bad guy, quite the opposite, I just think that he sings his own praises way too much and that he gets judgmental and preachy, especially when talking about or giving advice to others in Bachelor Nation.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Beach Lover wrote:
justrosie wrote:

The standard being the way he lives his life and the way he feels he conducted himself on the Bachelor.  He has these strong family and Christian values and he's the only one to marry his F1 (so far), but that doesn't necessarily make him the perfect guy or the best Bachelor ever.  But he seems to think he is since he pretty much said so in his book.  It doesn't help that the media and even CH dubbed him that (before Ben) and he and Cat as Bachelor royalty.  It just went to his (their) head.   I don't think Sean is a bad guy, quite the opposite, I just think that he sings his own praises way too much and that he gets judgmental and preachy, especially when talking about or giving advice to others in Bachelor Nation.  

He had the same preachy better than thou chip on his shoulder during MBC IMHO as well. He is a good guy overall I am not saying that but he likes to portray an image that isn't really him.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:19 pm

One of the more interesting things that came out of MBC IMO is that the other couples didn't seem too fond of them, nor did the counselors. There was a lot of eye rolling. The Secrets Revealed show at the end featured them quite a bit, especially about how they tried to wriggle out of staying there in the first place.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

instinct wrote:One of the more interesting things that came out of MBC IMO is that the other couples didn't seem too fond of them, nor did the counselors.  There was a lot of eye rolling.  The Secrets Revealed show at the end featured them quite a bit, especially about how they tried to wriggle out of staying there in the first place.

That's interesting. I didn't know that. I only watched the first episode of MBC and then read bits and pieces on here. In Bach world, they are big fish in a little pond and probably not really much different than anyone else in the other shows. Explains a little for me about why he comes off the way he does (superior attitude, etc.)
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:29 pm

instinct wrote:One of the more interesting things that came out of MBC IMO is that the other couples didn't seem too fond of them, nor did the counselors.  There was a lot of eye rolling.  The Secrets Revealed show at the end featured them quite a bit, especially about how they tried to wriggle out of staying there in the first place.

Agreed, they came off the exact opposite of Trista and Ryan that everyone seemed to love on MBC. I think had they had a different attitude they would have been well liked. They did it to themselves with their actions and attitudes.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:55 pm

What's funny is that I've seen or heard several of the other cast members (all except Althea, Benzino, and Ink) say that they really liked SeanCat and some even said they were their favorite other couple on the show. So they weren't nearly as disliked as the editing tried to make it seem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie