SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by noobsleuth Wed May 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Great caps Maddy! I'm going to copy them over into the SC threads so they can easily be found later.  Smiley 

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 38 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Maddy Wed May 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks, noobsleuth, I never know what is the right place for them!  Praying
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Wed May 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Maddy wrote:Thanks, noobsleuth, I never know what is the right place for them!  Praying

No problem!  :WAVEY: I believe you have made other ones as well. Today was first day I noticed you were consistently making them  yes  .... It's good to post them here because they pertain to the episode. I copied them to the Screencaps - No Discussion thread which is a good place to put them as well so people can go back and grab them for quick reference without having to wade through all of the discussion. I'm sure later in the season people will be looking for those first kiss caps.

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 38 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu May 29, 2014 12:57 am

Couldn't post this on Monday night and sorry if this has been discussed, but did anyone think it odd that Josh hadn't dated a girl in 5 years ... or did I misunderstand what he said to Andi. From all the hype about him, I found his behaviour around her rather awkward ... like a bumbling teenage boy.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu May 29, 2014 1:53 am

Finally finished the first half of the episode. I think Marcus was her F1 at this point not Josh.

Eric...amazing man, so eloquent, worldly, and all round great guy, very happy they are doing him justice. I did find it very emotional watching him especially when he spoke about his experience in Syria, although I was happy they kept that scene in there. I really think he would have stayed a lot longer, but I think obviously whatever happened btw them got in the way. I am one that hopes they leave any drama surrounding Eric on the editing floor, I don't need to know what happened.

Marcus...seems very tentative and Andi is really into him, also Sharleen mentioned her blog that Andi said she had her eye on him

Josh...there is still something that just errks me about him, I feel like he has totally swallowed the bachelor pill and very quickly.

I am very interested to see how Marcus drops to F4, especially when she liked him so much so early. I am also very interested in how Nick progresses. We aren't seeing her gush the same way as she does Marcus but he gets the most 1-on-1 time this season, and apparently needed reassurance along the way, seems like a lot of work...
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu May 29, 2014 3:41 am

richmondrose wrote:Couldn't post this on Monday night and sorry if this has been discussed, but did anyone think it odd that Josh hadn't dated a girl in 5 years ... or did I misunderstand what he said to Andi.   From all the hype about him, I found his behaviour around her rather awkward ... like a bumbling teenage boy.

Yes and yes. I realize there are some men who just really aren't comfortable with women (or just don't like them) but this show seems like the wrong place for them. I find that little dating factoid that he volunteered very, very odd.  scratch 
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu May 29, 2014 8:12 am

IrishGal wrote:
richmondrose wrote:Couldn't post this on Monday night and sorry if this has been discussed, but did anyone think it odd that Josh hadn't dated a girl in 5 years ... or did I misunderstand what he said to Andi.   From all the hype about him, I found his behaviour around her rather awkward ... like a bumbling teenage boy.

Yes and yes.  I realize there are some men who just really aren't comfortable with women (or just don't like them) but this show seems like the wrong place for them.  I find that little dating factoid that he volunteered very, very odd.   scratch 

It seems to me that a primary theme of this season is not settling for just a good relationship but waiting for (and expecting) a great one (several guys have already discussed same with Andi). Further, I don't take Josh's five year comment to mean that he hasn't been with women or that he hasn't liked any. In looking at Josh's FB page there are several pictures in 2009 of him with the same woman whom I am assuming is the one he was referencing in speaking to Andi. He certainly doesn't look uncomfortable with that woman or as if he doesn't like her. As he said to Andi, it's been "chill" in his past relationships. What he's looking for now is butterflies and a relationship that feels "natural". As he said in his intro, he has wanted for a long time to be married and have a family. Often times though, what we want the most is what we end up being most afraid of. (That fear can be due to a myriad of reasons; unfamiliarity, fear of losing it, fear of not deserving it, etc.) Accordingly, I can understand why Josh is appearing awkward and like a bumbling teenage boy.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 am

docnash14 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

Yes and yes.  I realize there are some men who just really aren't comfortable with women (or just don't like them) but this show seems like the wrong place for them.  I find that little dating factoid that he volunteered very, very odd.   scratch 

It seems to me that a primary theme of this season is not settling for just a good relationship but waiting for (and expecting) a great one (several guys have already discussed same with Andi).  Further, I don't take Josh's five year comment to mean that he hasn't been with women or that he hasn't liked any.  In looking at Josh's FB page there are several pictures in 2009 of him with the same woman whom I am assuming is the one he was referencing in speaking to Andi.  He certainly doesn't look uncomfortable with that woman or as if he doesn't like her.  As he said to Andi, it's been "chill" in his past relationships.  What he's looking for now is butterflies and a relationship that feels "natural".  As he said in his intro, he has wanted for a long time to be married and have a family.  Often times though, what we want the most is what we end up being most afraid of.  (That fear can be due to a myriad of reasons; unfamiliarity, fear of losing it, fear of not deserving it, etc.)  Accordingly, I can understand why Josh is appearing awkward and like a bumbling teenage boy.
Josh looking like a teenager actually gives me the confidence that he's not acting and I think it's going to be his persistence (constantly being around her, looking out for her, bumbling around her, looking silly around her, existing AROUND HER) that's going to win the day. Andi isn't just looking for a guy to date, she's under immense pressure both personally and from tptb to deliver a happy ending and a love story. No woman wants to choose a guy that may or may not confess his undying devotion to her and the millions that will be watching the FRC. No woman wants to be Nikki, especially when she is the one choosing. Right now, and probably as the show progresses, the only 100% guarantee to give her what she needs to finish the show with a bang is Josh. Of course I also hope it's for real on both sides but even if it's only 1/2 real on Josh's thanks to the brainwashing and 0 real on Andi's, he is still the sure choice in front of the audience.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu May 29, 2014 10:25 am

Alanna wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

It seems to me that a primary theme of this season is not settling for just a good relationship but waiting for (and expecting) a great one (several guys have already discussed same with Andi).  Further, I don't take Josh's five year comment to mean that he hasn't been with women or that he hasn't liked any.  In looking at Josh's FB page there are several pictures in 2009 of him with the same woman whom I am assuming is the one he was referencing in speaking to Andi.  He certainly doesn't look uncomfortable with that woman or as if he doesn't like her.  As he said to Andi, it's been "chill" in his past relationships.  What he's looking for now is butterflies and a relationship that feels "natural".  As he said in his intro, he has wanted for a long time to be married and have a family.  Often times though, what we want the most is what we end up being most afraid of.  (That fear can be due to a myriad of reasons; unfamiliarity, fear of losing it, fear of not deserving it, etc.)  Accordingly, I can understand why Josh is appearing awkward and like a bumbling teenage boy.
Josh looking like a teenager actually gives me the confidence that he's not acting and I think it's going to be his persistence (constantly being around her, looking out for her, bumbling around her, looking silly around her, existing AROUND HER) that's going to win the day. Andi isn't just looking for a guy to date, she's under immense pressure both personally and from tptb to deliver a happy ending and a love story. No woman wants to choose a guy that may or may not confess his undying devotion to her and the millions that will be watching the FRC. No woman wants to be Nikki, especially when she is the one choosing. Right now, and probably as the show progresses, the only 100% guarantee to give her what she needs to finish the show with a bang is Josh. Of course I also hope it's for real on both sides but even if it's only 1/2 real on Josh's thanks to the brainwashing and 0 real on Andi's, he is still the sure choice in front of the audience.

I think Josh does have obstacles to overcome and that he has a storyline with Andi as well as a storyline of his own personal growth.  I've been reading comments about his awkwardness & his being a tad babbly and my conclusion is that he has twice arrived at a pleasantly enubriated state powered by nervousness.  Obviously Andi sees potential in him and is understanding of the newness of being on the show (it's only been about a week in real time).  At this point I think she sees him as having potential as a future Bachelor or perhaps for her as time goes on.  

Totally agree that the theme is to not settle.  When she was announced as The Bachelorette, she said she wanted great love. The elderly couple (definitely actors) talk about it and because they used a baseball reference I think it was an indication that Josh was the producers' pic for Andi or perhaps a shoutout to Des & Chris.  Chris S. talking about his former engagement reinforces the theme.  Nick drove it home and is currently the one who is giving us the most information about Andi.  Even Eric plays a role by telling us what he is/was willing to compromise - his job as an adventurer.

At this point, I see Josh & Marcus as sexual attraction; Eric and Nick as emotional/intellectual attraction (Nick reads her mind). Eric, Chris S , and Nick are different from her typical guys of the past.  She may be connecting to others but that isn't evident at this point. It interesting that Marcus, Eric, and Nick are all calmer and soft spoken at this point while Josh & Chris seem much more extroverted.  This early in the game, I think she really didn't know what she was looking for but based on first impressions Josh & Marcus would have been the guys she would have sashayed across an Atlanta bar for.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Thu May 29, 2014 12:28 pm

notarose wrote:
Alanna wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

I think Josh does have obstacles to overcome and that he has a storyline with Andi as well as a storyline of his own personal growth.  I've been reading comments about his awkwardness & his being a tad babbly and my conclusion is that he has twice arrived at a pleasantly enubriated state powered by nervousness.  Obviously Andi sees potential in him and is understanding of the newness of being on the show (it's only been about a week in real time).  At this point I think she sees him as having potential as a future Bachelor or perhaps for her as time goes on.  

Totally agree that the theme is to not settle.  When she was announced as The Bachelorette, she said she wanted great love. The elderly couple (definitely actors) talk about it and because they used a baseball reference I think it was an indication that Josh was the producers' pic for Andi or perhaps a shoutout to Des & Chris.  Chris S. talking about his former engagement reinforces the theme.  Nick drove it home and is currently the one who is giving us the most information about Andi.  Even Eric plays a role by telling us what he is/was willing to compromise - his job as an adventurer.

At this point, I see Josh & Marcus as sexual attraction; Eric and Nick as emotional/intellectual attraction (Nick reads her mind). Eric, Chris S , and Nick are different from her typical guys of the past.  She may be connecting to others but that isn't evident at this point. It interesting that Marcus, Eric, and Nick are all calmer and soft spoken at this point while Josh & Chris seem much more extroverted.  This early in the game, I think she really didn't know what she was looking for but based on first impressions Josh & Marcus would have been the guys she would have sashayed across an Atlanta bar for.

Good post!!!  You brought up some very interesting things to keep in mind.  I do agree that the theme for this season is definitely "not to settle for anything less than that one great love".  And it just seems so ludicrous to me that ANYONE would think that that is possible to actually find that by speed dating your way through 25 men in 6 weeks.  And ditto on the side of the 25 men who are there.  At the very most, by the end of this show, the POTENTIAL for that might exist with the chosen one.

I think what is bothering me the most with this particular theme is that there is no way to know either of those things (not settling and finding the one great love of their lives) by the end of this crazy adventure.  Anything that these two have to "overcome" during this next 6 weeks of filming is nothing compared to what real life can throw at them.  Just ask any couple that has been married for a long time.  The only obstacles they will have to overcome will be producer driven obstacles thrown at them.

I would love to hear from Docnash on this, but speaking from personal experience, it is often dangerous to set your expectations so high this early into the relationship.  Yes, the theme for Andi's journey is the makings of a good tv show.  So, that is the reason - for me - I prefer to see the relationships here progress a little more slowly.  Right now they all should be just feeling that "physical attraction" and not declaring that she is the "one".

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu May 29, 2014 8:04 pm

She and Eric scored pretty close to Zero on the romance-ometer to my observation.

Chris was at about 2, looking at her interest level.

Being this way myself, hahaha, she came across the first two episodes as in thinking/analyzing/judging/assessing mode, rather than swept away by feelings in the other side of her brain. She asked better than average questions for a Lead on this crap show, and elicited better responses (they clearly don't want her to think they are canned or stupid, which is a good thing). But she seems quite reserved herself, as she should be. Plenty of time to tumble -- it's a long road (over a short period of weeks, admittedly), but as of those first few days, she seemed to be all about sorting them out with her left brain -- logical, analytical, objective. She smiles and laughs a lot. She doesn't pull off Southern Belle very well so the y'all's distract and annoy every time, I concur with others.

It will be interesting to see where she's at after HTDs. Before that it's pretty exhausting I think.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri May 30, 2014 11:36 am

jlccaz wrote:She and Eric scored pretty close to Zero on the romance-ometer to my observation.  

Chris was at about 2, looking at her interest level.  

Being this way myself, hahaha, she came across the first two episodes as in thinking/analyzing/judging/assessing mode, rather than swept away by feelings in the other side of her brain.  She asked better than average questions for a Lead on this crap show, and elicited better responses (they clearly don't want her to think they are canned or stupid, which is a good thing).  But she seems quite reserved herself, as she should be.  Plenty of time to tumble -- it's a long road (over a short period of weeks, admittedly), but as of those first few days, she seemed to be all about sorting them out with her left brain -- logical, analytical, objective.  She smiles and laughs a lot.  She doesn't pull off Southern Belle very well so the y'all's distract and annoy every time, I concur with others.  

It will be interesting to see where she's at after HTDs.  Before that it's pretty exhausting I think.

Thanks, jlccaz, for your comments.  I can see what you see, in that she is still in a period of assessing and analyzing.  There may be a few guys there that she is feeling some physical attraction toward at this point in the filming, but I don't see a frontrunner among this group of guys yet.

From what we have seen, the two guys that she seems to be the most attracted to physically are Josh and Marcus, with Josh apparently being "her type", the guys that she would normally go for in a real dating situation.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 2 - May 26/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+71
ImeldaMarcos
Longhornfan
Catdwoman50
eliza3
Iam4UGA
maryhse
jcrbil
black_tears
julychild
Shadow
bronniegrace