SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 3 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:13 pm

That's a google chrome problem. Here are some links to fix the problem. The first thing I would try is clear all browser history cookies etc, (the icon with three horizontal lines, top right hand next to bookmark icon,> Tools,> Clear Browsing Date)> File> Exit, then restart Chrome.

If  you're not familiar with computers, I would get someone to follow the second and/or 3rd link procedures or you can uninstall and re install Google Chrome. Make sure you have another browser, FireFox or IE 9 before you uninstall Chrome. I'm seeing a lot of people that have tried following the links, some say it worked perfectly others are still having problems. Let me know if I can help further.

GoogleChrome help

Reset Hosts

Chrome DNS

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:07 pm

That seems to have worked. Thanks for you help.  yes 

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Wonderful!!! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:22 am

GA, a couple of days ago I started having spacing issues. When I go into a thread, the banner will be the correct size but everything else is off. The ad will be about an inch smaller and the posts will be even more off. The first day I noticed it, I think I read something about you trying something out for iPads and there was a compatibility issue but I don't have an iPad so I didn't pay that much attention to it. I don't know if my issue is related but I thought I'd mention it. Can you help me figure it out?

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:50 pm

LibbyBell wrote:GA, a couple of days ago I started having spacing issues. When I go into a thread, the banner will be the correct size but everything else is off. The ad will be about an inch smaller and the posts will be even more off. The first day I noticed it, I think I read something about you trying something out for iPads and there was a compatibility issue but I don't have an iPad so I didn't pay that much attention to it. I don't know if my issue is related but I thought I'd mention it. Can you help me figure it out?  

I was trying to adjust the line between a post and a signature line. It was less that half way across the page and looked off centred. Once I was able to get the line to cover the whole post, someone mentioned it threw everything off their iPad. I deleted the whole line and now there isn't anything there to separate the post and the signature line. It's difficult to make changes when it affects different devices in different manners.

The only thing I can think of that will distort the posts is if someone copy/pastes a post from IG F/B etc, and it has emoji's/smilies that are not compatible with this forum, it will distort the whole page. When it's pasted on this forum, before you hit send, it shows up like a little white box/boxes. For anyone that notices that when you paste from outside sources, delete the boxes before you click send.

We try to read every post and often times edit posts to remove them. I haven't seen any in the last couple of days so I'm thinking that's not your issue. It might be a screen resolution issue, or something as simple as you accidently zoomed in on the page.

What type of browser are you using?

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks GA, it's chrome on my phone (Droid). I can deal with it; it is only a visual thing and I usually zoom in anyway. I don't do IG or FB so I don't have to worry about that! Smiley

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:35 am

Just so you know, it doesn't have to be you that copies from IG or F/B. Its any poster that doesn't remove the emojies/smilies, will distort the whole page for everyone.

I will try and find some info. I use chrome (and IE9, ) I wouldn't mind knowing for the future. I'll let you know if I find anything!

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:53 am

Interesting! Thanks GA!

LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Can anyone help me out here? Im trying to change my avatar , when I go to that page the little drop down "browse" button that you click on to go select a new pic isn't showing up. does anyone know why that is ?
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4282

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 am

Jolena wrote:Can anyone help me out here? Im trying to change my avatar , when I go to that page the little drop down "browse" button that you click on to go select a new pic isn't showing up. does anyone know why that is ?

I'm sorry, I don' t know how I missed this post. Did you figure it out?

Upload avatar from your computer, browse button is on the right. It looks like it's shaded but if you click on it, it should take you to your pictures on your computer. Is the button not showing up at all? This might be due to whatever device you're using, you might have to scroll around?

Let me know if you don't see the browse button at all or if it's not working when you click on it.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:42 am

I have been working on the Computer Etiquette thread off and on. The purpose is to have a place to learn how to post properly, using quotes, and various other posting issues. One of them is how to post tweet IG pics etc. Since that is going to be much more involved, I haven't tackled that one yet. But for now, I'll try and keep it simple. Other's feel free to add comments. I will eventually post a topic and add it to the Etiquette thread.

Max64 wrote:
Pretty funny instagram photo.. of the boys.

Don't know how to bring the photo over

I will post this, then explain in the second post.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 am

If you're using IE 8 or 9 IG is not very compatible with those browsers. I have IE9 open all the time for other windows, but I also use Google Chrome.

When you right click on a pic from IG or the internet or where ever, depending on what browser you're using, the choices will differ. This may sound complicated but once you're familiar with it, it will be easy.

The easiest way is right click, if you see "copy url" you're in luck. Click that, nothing happens, go to your reply box, type whatever comments you want, add a line or two, click "insert image" paste it in there, click insert.

Copy paste the source, or any comments from the person who posted the pic and paste it underneath or before the pic. Add [quote ] at the begining, and [ / quote] at the end.

Second example coming up

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc