SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -

Page 19 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -  - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -

Post by emusha Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 pm

agree norcalgal -- also -- the conversations about real world stuff might happen but they are simply never aired. The shows on wed and thurs are comprised of 15mins segments condensing 6-10hrs of time between the bach and bette on each date. They likely zoom straight into the main points where they are discussing feelings. Even the one-on-one small chats prolly last about 15-30min each if not more.

I do think in this case it was also a way to get Sam to open up cos girl was totally closed off and obviously scared to be affectionate with him - i think specifically in this case, he almost seems to be asking and trying to find out -- if I pick her -- is she ready and willing to pick me back? If i start to see myself in the future with her -- does she really see herself with *me* blake out in the real world vs. some bachelor dude who 24 girls supposedly want?

I think the contestants and bach/bette at some point when feelings start developing get very weary about the fact that a tv production is not in the real world and would the gal/guy want them outside of the show? I think it's also telling that he picks low-key dates/or components of dates for girls he likes so that he can have time to really bond and connect.  

Blake seems to be pursuing Sam at this point and taking risks to show her clearly that he's interested in her. I think he actually likely planned to give her the group date rose from the get go to make the statement that she stands out from amongst the crowd. The level of digging for her feelings I haven't seen him do with other women....he hasn't been digging for "what do you feel about me?" I'm reallyyy curious however, how he will behave with her moving forward now that she's def opening up and kind of professing her interest in him. Is it all about the chase or is the made chase to get her to open up cos he was feeling anxious that he started catching feelings for someone who may not be that into him? I kind of see that he did that chasing to get her to open up with Zoe but she didn't even open up that much so I guess it's a bit of a moot point...and now they seem to be in the land of polite "daters" mode with each other hehehe...

I also agree with you about Jess - they don't seem to really know how to talk to each other vs. make out and caress hehehehe It looks like hyper attraction/lust at first glance...she's the only girl left who he'd focused in on from the first day -- every other girl left right now has been a building/fluctuating relationship. I don't see Jess' relationship with him progressing... On another note- I totally loved Laurina's reference to spirit fingers -- that's exactly what i find so obnoxious about jess LOL I don't think she's really opening up much too him but this is hyper warped speed anyways so no wonder she's not opening up to him
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -  - Page 19 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -

Post by AEF Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 pm

I agree with all everyone is saying about Sam, she is very much the Australian girl-next-door.

What did you make of the talk between Lisa and Zoe where Lisa told Zoe they went to their 'secret place" in the garden. Lisa became coy and would not tell Zoe what was discussed but it was about why Blake had not taken Lisa aside on the group date. Zoe told the other girls Lisa would not say anything because she thought Blake told Lisa she was a frontrunner. Zoe then said she had been focussing on her own relationship with Blake but was now concerned about his strong connections such as Blake and Lisa.

The preview for next week is called "Blake reveals all". The VO says until now he has been a very good listener but now he speaks up. He is having a chat with Chantel who seems to be questioning some girls' approaches such as Jess. Blake appears to get angry but think he says he holds Lisa up as someone who has a "good approach". Chantel looks vey upset, girls are spying and say she is "standoffish". If I catch any more of it will post it.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 pm

who's standoffish AEF?

I actually really dislike how he's docking the girls for not being in line and for their negative reactions to the process... for someone who is supposedly known for his kindness and empathy that's not a mark of patience but i guess it's impossible to dock him either cos he's also dealing with his own stresses of trying to get the girls to open up. I actually sensed him looking irked at things were not going particularly his way and he's questioning "can she move on with her past and can she see herself with me?" this is during his private interview in the Sydney polo fields in his date with sam...he wasn't a picture of patience there. At the same time I do understand how in his position it could be hard when he's seeing girls closed off and anxious about being hurt if he's genuinely starting to catch feelings and he's feeling like the process is doing the opposite of what it should and hindering his ability to get them to open up and truly connect with him.

Lisa is very checked out so far -- to me her extent of lack of emotions just signals that she's not emotionally invested but making all the right moves and calculating how to make them e.g. kissing him during the beginning of a first date (say what?!?!) and also during a private chat in a cocktail party (huuu?...though maybe not as big of a shock but she initiated both very pointedly) these both look like calculated acts vs. someone who's discovering and genuinely SEARCHING for a love connection...there were no nerves, emotion or passion -- more intention and assertiveness...even her comment about observing the group dynamic and why she loves group dates seems totally off to me like i mentioned above...

in any case -- nobody is and this is a particularly imperfect situation so it's hard to judge people for their behavior since everyone's learning how to be and how to react in this crazyy scenario - time will tell what the pressure will reveal in each person and whether that builds/breaks some of the relationships that are forming... guess that's part of watching appeal for this show...how does the stress/pressure create the bonds or break the bonds that are forming

I actually think putting a couple through stressful challenges is a great matchmaking activity and particularly the love in the wild shows and their 4-5 couple success rate in only 2 seasons (much higher than ANY dating reality show) has proved that

p.s. i also just want to say -- i like how REAL many of the girls on the AU show are!! they're calling it like it is -- speaking their mind and being honest...they have standards and they know their boundaries (many refuse to approach for instance) and that's so great to see!

Last edited by emusha on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 pm

I actually think Sam is playing it right - enjoy being with the guy, have fun with him and see where it goes. Now that Blake has asked her to open up to him, it will be interesting to see if their physical relationship develops to where their emotional connection is. Maybe Sam isn't as experienced as some of the other b'ettes, as I see her kisses with Blake lacking some passion. (Or maybe they only focus on Jess' passion so to contrast that with the other b'ettes!)

Last season, Anna was much like this - she wasn't as experienced as the other girls and held back. Tim had to almost goad her to find out what she was feeling towards him. She confessed to Tim's mother (a therapist) that she loved Tim before Tim even heard those words from her!

To me, the girls seem like a sorority and are enjoying themselves - hence, not giving too much to Blake. This is the downside to having the show run so long - I believe it was 2 1/2 months - at least 2 weeks longer than the American show. The girls get so comfortable with each other, they don't want to upset the equilibrium too much. Maybe that is why Tim shows his colors next week!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Actuallyyyy now that u mention it -- the very opening scenes of the whole season where they had the previews -- I believe that includes a scene of blake and sam making out on the boat with the sun behind them...and a brunette (hard to make out who it is) who he seems to be kissing outside during a single date. Watching closely the blond on the boat is def Sam and she's wearing a ring that sam had on during the boat group date. Now that we know they were filming till last week - we can also know that these are previews based on the filming up to that point when the season started airing...it looked like there was passion in that kiss and they def edited it out. Which says something about where the edit is heading.

I'm curious how the dynamic and edit will change now that sam's being more open. it seems like a mental/emotional connection since blake feels like she "understands" him and they seem to have a lot of ease communicating. I think this is a commonality between tim-anna's connection and sam and blake's. tim and anna continue to enjoy their banter together and laugh and joke a lot. What will make or break sam-blake though is how blake will handle the relationship to assure sam and vice versa. compared to anna whose lack of experience seemed to make her bulletproof to the happenings of the other girls and tim who was persistent and patient despite anna's holding off to the very last moment, sam is very aware and affected by her surroundings as is blake by the way he reads the girls' reactions

I def think that jess is getting the chemistry edit as is laurina. Lisa is still a mystery though the easygoing big personality is there (common also amongst chantal, sam, laurina and even zoe who seems to have a very mature sense of self) I'm actually really looking forward to seeing lisa/blake's interaction next week.

Totally agree about  the girls are in a sorority of sorts and the fact that they stayed in the mansion the whole time also might play into it...rachel's interview and sam's reaction upon coming back with a rose and laurina's hissy fit/others' agreement at jess' kis in a group date signal the strength of the girl bond....to be honest I actually LOVE this aspect of the AU show cos the women aren't throwing themselves at blake and he has to WORK for the relationships and put as much effort/his heart on the line!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 am

Emusha,
I'm glad you and I are enjoying this show. I'm watching because I watched last season and it was a breath of fresh air, compared to the US version!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:17 am

AEF wrote:
atem wrote:No one watched the latest one?

Hi Atem, the previews exaggerated the reality of course. There were three single dates and no group date. One with Sam - helicopter and picnic - good chemistry, Lauren a romantic dinner - not much connection and Laurina where the producers obviously told her to wear her most glamorous dress and shoes and she was taken to a pie shop and bowling although "Blake" flew out her tiny, handbag dog. She spent most of the date with tears in her eyes. Amber spent most of the cocktail party in tears so he let her go before the RC and she did not seem upset. Thus no RC and the girls had a dig at how uncaring Laurina was over Amber because she said she was going to bed.    
I've never seen a dog be so indifferent to being reunited with his owner. That was weird. He didn't seem to even know her?? My dogs are obnoxious after I've come back from the grocery store much less been gone for a few weeks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:50 am

So who does everyone think are the F4 and what order do you think??

Mine:

Sam
Jessica
Zoe
toss-up between Lisa and Laurina

I think Sam is being persued by Blake, Jessica and Blake have the heat, Zoe peaks his interest, Lisa and him are getting a connection started and Laurina(imo is a brat, but he seems intrigued by her).

I think Sam may be the F1.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 am

Aunties_Love wrote:So who does everyone think are the F4 and what order do you think??

Mine:

Sam
Jessica
Zoe
toss-up between Lisa and Laurina

I think Sam is being persued by Blake, Jessica and Blake have the heat, Zoe peaks his interest, Lisa and him are getting a connection started and Laurina(imo is a brat, but he seems intrigued by her).

I think Sam may be the F1.

I agree with you but somehow I think Louise makes it to top 4 because he seems enthralled by her elegance and sophistication. My favorite is Sam but some earlier posters suggested Lisa could be F1.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:52 am

grace8136 wrote:
AEF wrote:
atem wrote:No one watched the latest one?

Hi Atem, the previews exaggerated the reality of course. There were three single dates and no group date. One with Sam - helicopter and picnic - good chemistry, Lauren a romantic dinner - not much connection and Laurina where the producers obviously told her to wear her most glamorous dress and shoes and she was taken to a pie shop and bowling although "Blake" flew out her tiny, handbag dog. She spent most of the date with tears in her eyes. Amber spent most of the cocktail party in tears so he let her go before the RC and she did not seem upset. Thus no RC and the girls had a dig at how uncaring Laurina was over Amber because she said she was going to bed.    
I've never seen a dog be so indifferent to being reunited with his owner. That was weird. He didn't seem to even know her?? My dogs are obnoxious after I've come back from the grocery store much less been gone for a few weeks!

Very true Grace, he did not give Laurina a rose only Bambi, she did not seem upset. No kissing shown unlike her last date. Blake had to follow up to smooth out the date at the RC, don't see Blake thinking she is a long term match.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:44 pm

AEF wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
AEF wrote:

Very true Grace, he did not give Laurina a rose only Bambi, she did not seem upset. No kissing shown unlike her last date. Blake had to follow up to smooth out the date at the RC, don't see Blake thinking she is a long term match.
Laurina to me seems like a biotch and someone that needs to have control. Not someone that I could see Blake with long term.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by exentrix Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:34 am

(newbie here :p)

I really think that Jessica is getting the same edit as Ali did last season. Incredibly enthusiastic and gushing, but set up to be heartbroken... so I think she'll be F4 or F3. I actually love Laurina and think she is turning this into a great ad for her store - have you seen the fashion gallery on the TenPlay website?

exentrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - General Discussion -

+36
Beckecek
HodanG
Sundy
california90
AllAboutLove
thirteen
Niccy77
4health
Dutchy23
JJJ
eves_2072