SELECT CONTENT

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 1 of 83 1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:12 am

ryvetted wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
ITA Philphan...I think energy types can relate to whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert. When introverts are around people for an extended period of time, it tends to overwhelm them and drain their energy. They need to withdraw from people to re-energize. Extroverts are the opposite. When they are alone for a short period of time, they tend to pick up the phone or go out. They re-eneergize and thrive from being around people. Introverts can't take the high energy of the extrovert for long and often equate them to being "annoying". At the same token, extroverts tend to think the introvert is lame, anti-social or depressed. Neither one is right or wrong, rather a matter of how the brain is wired!

Whether a man can drive a scooter, he is tall or short, or if he wears boxers or briefs are not measurable qualities in my eyes. I measure a man by his moral compass; integrity, compassion, responsibility, forgiveness. Both JP and Ben have displayed these qualities. Ashley would be very lucky to find love with either of them! yes

Good Post :Nod:

I'm an introvert and on many occasions have issues with extroverts who seem phony and get on my nerves. I like Ben and it's not so much that I think he's depressed or medicated but I just see some underlying sadness still there and he seems to be having some breakthroughs. He may be an extrovert who just shut down for a while.

I find ChrisL to be very gregarious - just not adept at a lot of things. It's not like Iam. I'd never get on a scooter but Ali was a scooter type of girl. He is a self-proclaimed beach bum, doesn't seem particularly ambitious or driven and is just a laid back, beer in hand at all times, kind of guy. That was not a fit for Ali but seems to be a fit for Peyton. Ben seems very laid back but I think he's far more adventurous than ChrisL and probably JP (not sure he'd be good on a scooter either). Introversion and Extroversion have little to do with their sense of adventure, though.

I really like both guys for Ashley even though they have different demeanors and styles. I think JP brings out more of the woman that Ashley would like to be and where she's headed while Ben brings out more of who she is now.

No problem with either of them and, spoilers aside, can see her choosing either of them. I really like them both for different reasons but Ashley seems like two different people depending on which guy she is with. It's up to her to decide which person she wants to be.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:30 am

[quote="sjcaligurl"]
ryvetted wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
ITA Philphan...I think energy types can relate to whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert. When introverts are around people for an extended period of time, it tends to overwhelm them and drain their energy. They need to withdraw from people to re-energize. Extroverts are the opposite. When they are alone for a short period of time, they tend to pick up the phone or go out. They re-eneergize and thrive from being around people. Introverts can't take the high energy of the extrovert for long and often equate them to being "annoying". At the same token, extroverts tend to think the introvert is lame, anti-social or depressed. Neither one is right or wrong, rather a matter of how the brain is wired!

Whether a man can drive a scooter, he is tall or short, or if he wears boxers or briefs are not measurable qualities in my eyes. I measure a man by his moral compass; integrity, compassion, responsibility, forgiveness. Both JP and Ben have displayed these qualities. Ashley would be very lucky to find love with either of them! yes

Good Post :Nod:

I'm an introvert and on many occasions have issues with extroverts who seem phony and get on my nerves. I like Ben and it's not so much that I think he's depressed or medicated but I just see some underlying sadness still there and he seems to be having some breakthroughs. He may be an extrovert who just shut down for a while.

I find ChrisL to be very gregarious - just not adept at a lot of things. It's not like Iam. I'd never get on a scooter but Ali was a scooter type of girl. He is a self-proclaimed beach bum, doesn't seem particularly ambitious or driven and is just a laid back, beer in hand at all times, kind of guy. That was not a fit for Ali but seems to be a fit for Peyton. Ben seems very laid back but I think he's far more adventurous than ChrisL and probably JP (not sure he'd be good on a scooter either). Introversion and Extroversion have little to do with their sense of adventure, though.

I really like both guys for Ashley even though they have different demeanors and styles. I think JP brings out more of the woman that Ashley would like to be and where she's headed while Ben brings out more of who she is now.

No problem with either of them and, spoilers aside, can see her choosing either of them. I really like them both for different reasons but Ashley seems like two different people depending on which guy she is with. It's up to her to decide which person she wants to be.[/
quote]

Great analogy!! :Nod:
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 am

Bump!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:52 am

I'm so interested in this episode and not just because it's been 2 long weeks. I think the edit for the rest of the season may become apparent now, especially since Bentley's (finally) gone. I think we'll see Ben as more of a target of Ashley's affection plus we're going to see what he really feels for her. I think we'll also see if JP's getting the jealousy edit. I remember when Reid's edit changed to being somewhat fussy & neurotic. I was shocked because to me it was a game changer in how I looked at him. I felt the same way this season when Ryan was disliked by the guys. In both cases they didn't have to show it so they seemed to have something in mind that I haven't quite figured out. If they really hit us over the head with a jealousy edit (granted we don't know for sure it's JP but clues in the previews make me think it probably is) then it may change some people's opinion of him. He's so loved here that like Reid fans I don't think it will change their opinions but may for the casual viewer.

The other things that happen is both Lucas and Ryan leave. I'll be interested in how they show her letting Ryan go and hope it helps us figure out why he'd come back. Other than Ben's date, the thing I'm most interested in seeing is the previews for the HTDs. :Nod:
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm just excited to see these guys back on my screen again. It's been TOO long! I'm almost giddy with excitement! :bearyhappy:
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm so interested in this episode and not just because it's been 2 long weeks. I think the edit for the rest of the season may become apparent now, especially since Bentley's (finally) gone. I think we'll see Ben as more of a target of Ashley's affection plus we're going to see what he really feels for her. I think we'll also see if JP's getting the jealousy edit. I remember when Reid's edit changed to being somewhat fussy & neurotic. I was shocked because to me it was a game changer in how I looked at him. I felt the same way this season when Ryan was disliked by the guys. In both cases they didn't have to show it so they seemed to have something in mind that I haven't quite figured out. If they really hit us over the head with a jealousy edit (granted we don't know for sure it's JP but clues in the previews make me think it probably is) then it may change some people's opinion of him. He's so loved here that like Reid fans I don't think it will change their opinions but may for the casual viewer.

The other things that happen is both Lucas and Ryan leave. I'll be interested in how they show her letting Ryan go and hope it helps us figure out why he'd come back. Other than Ben's date, the thing I'm most interested in seeing is the previews for the HTDs. :Nod:

I don't think either Ben F or JP will get a bad edit. One of them will more than likely be the next Bachelor and Fleiss has already lost out on Chris L and then Chantal. He needs a ringer. If JP does get a jealous edit, I doubt it will be outrageous. If a guy doesn't get a little upset about you kissing or seeing another guy then he's must not be that in to you.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I doubt JP's edit will be outrageous. He's probably just going to get worried that Ben is gaining ground on him and that Ashley will end up liking him more. The mind can create all kinds of stories when you don't know what happened and for Ben to get that amount of time with her, means that she could start falling for him.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:16 pm

sjcaligurl wrote:I doubt JP's edit will be outrageous. He's probably just going to get worried that Ben is gaining ground on him and that Ashley will end up liking him more. The mind can create all kinds of stories when you don't know what happened and for Ben to get that amount of time with her, means that she could start falling for him.

Especially with Ben coming back in the morning! LOL
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:27 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm so interested in this episode and not just because it's been 2 long weeks. I think the edit for the rest of the season may become apparent now, especially since Bentley's (finally) gone. I think we'll see Ben as more of a target of Ashley's affection plus we're going to see what he really feels for her. I think we'll also see if JP's getting the jealousy edit. I remember when Reid's edit changed to being somewhat fussy & neurotic. I was shocked because to me it was a game changer in how I looked at him. I felt the same way this season when Ryan was disliked by the guys. In both cases they didn't have to show it so they seemed to have something in mind that I haven't quite figured out. If they really hit us over the head with a jealousy edit (granted we don't know for sure it's JP but clues in the previews make me think it probably is) then it may change some people's opinion of him. He's so loved here that like Reid fans I don't think it will change their opinions but may for the casual viewer.

Just curious why you think the JP fans on this board are any different than the casual viewers who are JP fans. The only thing I can think of is that it presumes that the reason we like JP is because he was spoiled as the winner. I know that even if he was spoiled as F2 (or going home next show), he would still be my favorite. Can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect I'm not alone.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:40 pm

It's because I think people on this site are more into the show & those in it than the average viewer, Ironcat. I've already noticed that any mention that JP isn't perfect or Ashley may be into other guys is met with protests so that's another reason I think fans may overlook a not so great edit. Btw I'm not saying that the edit will be horrible but possibly enough to give some viewers pause.

I'm just trying to show there's another side to the Ashley/JP "love story". You can choose to believe otherwise but being as it's all subjective, my viewpoint should also be valid and worth at least considering.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 pm

albean99 wrote:It's because I think people on this site are more into the show & those in it than the average viewer, Ironcat. I've already noticed that any mention that JP isn't perfect or Ashley may be into other guys is met with protests so that's another reason I think fans may overlook a not so great edit. Btw I'm not saying that the edit will be horrible but possibly enough to give some viewers pause.

I'm just trying to show there's another side to the Ashley/JP "love story". You can choose to believe otherwise but being as it's all subjective, my viewpoint should also be valid and worth at least considering.

Of course your viewpoint is valid, but if I disagree with it (after I've considered it), I'm going to say so, just as you should (and do) say so when you disagree with mine. Whether one's opinion/interpretation is the majority or the minority one, both are equally subject to being debated/debunked/questioned. Nobody is exempt.

As to how the so-called "casual viewer" reacts to JP's edit next week, we shall see. I don't think the average person is turned off by a little honest, justified jealousy; in fact, it might even garner him more sympathy from them. Someone predisposed to not like him of course will feel differently, that's to be expected.

Last edited by ironcat on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:50 pm

I liked JP FOR ASHLEY before I read the spoilers. I also really love Ben because he seems like a great guy and part of me is pulling for him too. Last season, the spoilers had Ali not choosing anyone. I was SURE it was Roberto even though I really liked Chris.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 83 1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

+79
Reidiscool
Lucas15
causingchaos
onlyme
Nativenewyorker