SELECT CONTENT

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 2 of 83 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by noobsleuth Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:01 pm

albean99 wrote:It's because I think people on this site are more into the show & those in it than the average viewer, Ironcat. I've already noticed that any mention that JP isn't perfect or Ashley may be into other guys is met with protests so that's another reason I think fans may overlook a not so great edit. Btw I'm not saying that the edit will be horrible but possibly enough to give some viewers pause.

I'm just trying to show there's another side to the Ashley/JP "love story". You can choose to believe otherwise but being as it's all subjective, my viewpoint should also be valid and worth at least considering.

If JP is F1 I think we are going to begin to see a swing towards Ben after this week. If it's still an obvious JP (to the casual viewer that is) I will start to get suspicious. However, I think after last week's previews it seems alot of unspoiled viewers think she ends up alone. Since we hang on her every post show word we know this is not the case. She is in love with someone. Now, so far I have not seen the level of sexual chemistry that she has with JP with anyone else. I think she knows where she stands with him at this point where as with everyone else she is still trying to figure it out. I mean Ryan is still around for pete's sake!

One thing I do when watching Ben and JP is I try to figure out who TPTB are trying to sell me on more as the next lead. Jealous JP with the non perfect edit or Ben who everyone loves and can't get enough of. Wouldn't a non perfect edit point more toward the F1? After this season they are done with them... they are the leads problem now (kidding). hehe BTW I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time ... it's just the way I see it playing out right now.

I think your boy is going to have a good week albean Smiley

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by DMBFan Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I think for the average viewer, a high percentage can't believe that she didn't see Bentley for who he was, that he didn't want her. So even if JP is the one who get jealous next week, I honestly think it'll only endear him with the average viewer even more. They will be comparing how he reacts and what he says in his PI vs what Bentley was saying. I can see the twitter posts now "he obviously wants her, how can she not see that this guy loves her, she's crazy if she doesn't pick him, etc".

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Most of the unspoiled people I have talked to still are fixated on the Bent One's crap. They don't see how see didn't see through him, but agreed that everyone gets played at some point just not on national T.V. Because of this, they think it's highly likely she will need up alone. Whether that changes as the season continues is anyone's guess. But they all love JP and Ben, even Ames too. Some are at the point of liking those two so much they don't want Ash to pick them so they could be the next Bach.

But their thoughts may be influenced by their age and experience with the show. Several of them have only seen the shows that have aired since we all got to college, so their knowledge is pretty limited.

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 87b72b10 Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 86669110 Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:13 pm

In perspective, I put the franchise into three periods so far:

1) Bachelor 1 - 11 - Culminating in Brad I

2) Bachelorette 4 - Bachelorette 6 - Deanna through Ali

3) Bachelor 15 - Brad II and the age of twitter, facebook, bloggin, vlogs etc by both viewers and producers
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:42 pm

umngirl wrote:Most of the unspoiled people I have talked to still are fixated on the Bent One's crap. They don't see how see didn't see through him, but agreed that everyone gets played at some point just not on national T.V. Because of this, they think it's highly likely she will need up alone. Whether that changes as the season continues is anyone's guess. But they all love JP and Ben, even Ames too. Some are at the point of liking those two so much they don't want Ash to pick them so they could be the next Bach.

But their thoughts may be influenced by their age and experience with the show. Several of them have only seen the shows that have aired since we all got to college, so their knowledge is pretty limited.

I have several co-workers who are unspoiled average viewers and they've just stopped watching. They were so put off by the Bentley stuff. I bet there are more viewers just like them who stopped watching. Who knows if they'll even tune back in.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by summerluvn Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:49 pm

umngirl wrote:Most of the unspoiled people I have talked to still are fixated on the Bent One's crap. They don't see how see didn't see through him, but agreed that everyone gets played at some point just not on national T.V. Because of this, they think it's highly likely she will need up alone. Whether that changes as the season continues is anyone's guess. But they all love JP and Ben, even Ames too. Some are at the point of liking those two so much they don't want Ash to pick them so they could be the next Bach.

Thanks for sharing the perspective of young adults. In an interesting parallel, I have an example of the other end of the age spectrum thinking the same, but for a different reason. My 90 year old MIL is a faithful viewer and she has decided that Ashley ends up alone at the end. She lost hope for Ashley when William turned into a "dick" in her words and opinion !! I do not try to influence her with insider or spoiler information because I enjoy her "pure" view.
summerluvn
summerluvn

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 pm

DMBFan wrote:I think for the average viewer, a high percentage can't believe that she didn't see Bentley for who he was, that he didn't want her. So even if JP is the one who get jealous next week, I honestly think it'll only endear him with the average viewer even more. They will be comparing how he reacts and what he says in his PI vs what Bentley was saying. I can see the twitter posts now "he obviously wants her, how can she not see that this guy loves her, she's crazy if she doesn't pick him, etc".

I think you hit the nail on the head. Twitter and blog feedback often suggests that many think she's not good enough for him as things stand now. If it begins to look like he's being cast aside or toyed with in some way by her - I can only imagine the reaction. It's almost like she's tolerated because of JP. He's the one with the fanbase not Ashley and so people will be more forgiving of his jealous angst. More people want what's best for him than her.

I don't see a lot of tolerance for editing mindgames at this point. Maybe if they had kicked off the "competition" earlier, say episode 2 or 3, viewer support wouldn't be so lopsided, but they misfired on that one.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:
DMBFan wrote:I think for the average viewer, a high percentage can't believe that she didn't see Bentley for who he was, that he didn't want her. So even if JP is the one who get jealous next week, I honestly think it'll only endear him with the average viewer even more. They will be comparing how he reacts and what he says in his PI vs what Bentley was saying. I can see the twitter posts now "he obviously wants her, how can she not see that this guy loves her, she's crazy if she doesn't pick him, etc".

I think you hit the nail on the head. Twitter and blog feedback often suggests that many think she's not good enough for him as things stand now. If it begins to look like he's being cast aside or toyed with in some way by her - I can only imagine the reaction. It's almost like she's tolerated because of JP. He's the one with the fanbase not Ashley and so people will be more forgiving of his jealous angst. More people want what's best for him than her.

I don't see a lot of tolerance for editing mindgames at this point. Maybe if they had kicked off the "competition" earlier, say episode 2 or 3, viewer support wouldn't be so lopsided, but they misfired on that one.

Exactly, just for example the fan pages on facebook - Ashley is over 3900 fans, JP is over 3800 fans and Ben had as of yesterday just under 300 fans. As for twitter, I did a search yesterday by just their names (no bachelorette, ashley reference, etc), Jp Rosenbaum had pages & pages of tweets about missing him this week with no show. There was half a page of Ben Flajnik. The viewing public LOVES JP, Ben's numbers will certainly increase after his date this week but I don't think he will come close to the same impact as JP with only 3 shows left after this Monday's episode.

DMBFan

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

DMBFan wrote:
NCGalBecca wrote:

Exactly, just for example the fan pages on facebook - Ashley is over 3900 fans, JP is over 3800 fans and Ben had as of yesterday just under 300 fans. As for twitter, I did a search yesterday by just their names (no bachelorette, ashley reference, etc), Jp Rosenbaum had pages & pages of tweets about missing him this week with no show. There was half a page of Ben Flajnik. The viewing public LOVES JP, Ben's numbers will certainly increase after his date this week but I don't think he will come close to the same impact as JP with only 3 shows left after this Monday's episode.

Right! So either:
1) TPTB is finishing their job of completing throwing their lead and everyone else (with the exception of JP) under the bus entirely.
OR
2) They are building up the Cupcake Duo as "the loviest love that ever loved" (someone coined that phrase at FORT last year - wish I could remember who) to make the audience happy and hopefully forget the evil that TPTB rained upon Ashley at the beginning of the season.
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:50 pm

DMBFan wrote:
NCGalBecca wrote:

WOW! Very interesting stats!
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
DMBFan wrote:
NCGalBecca wrote:

Right! So either:
1) TPTB is finishing their job of completing throwing their lead and everyone else (with the exception of JP) under the bus entirely.
OR
2) They are building up the Cupcake Duo as "the loviest love that ever loved" (someone coined that phrase at FORT last year - wish I could remember who) to make the audience happy and hopefully forget the evil that TPTB rained upon Ashley at the beginning of the season.

Mnm, I believe you just succinctly summed up the two options of what's going on IMO. Either TPTB are enamored with their new Cupcake couple, are building them up, proving that Ashley is a smart girl who figured everything out post-Bentley, and they want us all to celebrate them post-show by showing us their love. Or they feel Ashley screwed up, didnt choose the man who they believed was right for her going by what we're seeing, and think we're headed towards another trainwreck.

Oh and it's Maggie who coined that phrase. Hilarious!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:11 pm

mnmhughes wrote:

Right! So either:
OR

And setting up JP as the next Bachelor in the process...

DMBFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 83 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

+79
Reidiscool
Lucas15
causingchaos
onlyme
Nativenewyorker