SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by SueSt Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 am

Longhornfan wrote:Okay, I know that those who want to see Josh end up with Andi won't agree with me on this.  But, I don't buy it that all of that concern for Josh not getting the attention last night was actually all about Josh.  I felt like a whole lot of that was more about Andi and her journey not being the center of the discussion.  After all, she was the center of attention during all of her other hometown dates.  And Josh's family had the audacity to talk about Aaron on HER big stage?  Her face said it all.  She was not happy.

And really.  Why (in her very first conversation with Josh's mom) did Andi feel the need to ask her if she sees Josh ever cutting the cord any time soon?  As a mother myself, I would have seen that as a HUGE red flag.  

Andi comes across to me as someone who won't be good at sharing her significant other with anyone else.  She seems to be extremely needy and someone who will be jealous if she does not get what she thinks is the proper amount of attention from her SO.  Andi jokingly told Josh she is good at mind games, and that I can believe.  She pouts when she is not happy.  And the list goes on.

Andi has proven over and over that she is very self centered.  Life with her does not look like it will be easy.
Hi Longhornfan,
I appreciate your points, but I do see Andi's side in this as well.
She comes to meet her perspective in-laws and all they do, including her perspective chosen one is talk about his brother.
Josh's sister warns her that they will have fights around Sunday.
Josh's father tells her they are a family unit and all travel to games, etc...
Josh's mom tells her there's no problem if Josh doesn't cut the chords...
And it's all what we're used to... but personally, those nuggets would sound warning bells for me, big time - I would run for the hills...
Family is important, very important, but NOT more important to me than the life I would be making with my husband.
Sorry, but I'm with Andi on this one!!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by ironcat Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:48 am

I didn't see the focus on Aaron and Andi's reaction to it as a red flag or the sign of a bigger problem in the future at all.  Josh had been gone for over a month while this HUGE thing had been going on in his very sports-focused family, and of course he was anxious to catch up on what was happening regarding Aaron's future.  Andi understood that but felt bad that it would take the focus away from Josh's experience, also a unique, possible "once in a lifetime" one, and felt protective of her man.  That's all.  As far as her convo with Mama Murray about cutting the cord, due to editing, we have no idea whether that was the first thing they discussed or it came up after several hours.

Yes, the Murray family is obsessed with sports, and that certainly could be a problem for some women.  But from what I understand about Andi's past, her family, and the way she knocked the crap out of those baseballs, I suspect she is pretty sports obsessed herself, and might not be happy with a guy who wasn't equally so.

Glad people are finally getting on board with Chris as the next Bachelor.  I never doubted that the producers would find the time to "sell" him as such before he left.  He is the wonderful, classy rich farmer/businessman who can't find a wife in his limited environs, a perfect (and never before done) story line for the show. He definitely has A LOT to offer a woman who will fit in with his lifestyle, of which there are probably many, but Andi isn't one of them, IMO.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 am

ironcat wrote:I didn't see the focus on Aaron and Andi's reaction to it as a red flag or the sign of a bigger problem in the future at all.  Josh had been gone for over a month while this HUGE thing had been going on in his very sports-focused family, and of course he was anxious to catch up on what was happening regarding Aaron's future.  Andi understood that but felt bad that it would take the focus away from Josh's experience, also a unique, possible "once in a lifetime" one, and felt protective of her man.  That's all.  As far as her convo with Mama Murray about cutting the cord, due to editing, we have no idea whether that was the first thing they discussed or it came up after several hours.

Yes, the Murray family is obsessed with sports, and that certainly could be a problem for some women.  But from what I understand about Andi's past, her family, and the way she knocked the crap out of those baseballs, I suspect she is pretty sports obsessed herself, and might not be happy with a guy who wasn't equally so.

Glad people are finally getting on board with Chris as the next Bachelor.  I never doubted that the producers would find the time to "sell" him as such before he left.  He is the wonderful, classy rich farmer/businessman who can't find a wife in his limited environs, a perfect (and never before done) story line for the show. He definitely has A LOT to offer a woman who will fit in with his lifestyle, of which there are probably many, but Andi isn't one of them, IMO.

I agree Good Post Good Post 

Back to top Go down

Post by peachoc Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm

BuckeyeGal06 wrote:My mom, who has only watched last week's and this week's episodes, texted me tonight and said, "So Andi totally picks Josh right?" My mom, btw, doesn't even know who Reality Steve is so she never reads spoilers.

On another note, did anyone else immediately have Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" pop into their head when Chris was driving the tractor. Oh my...  :fanningfan 

My daughter (who is not spoiled) has thought Josh was the frontrunner for a few weeks, because "she is worried about how he feels about her". She has also been able to successfully guess who will go home each week. Interestingly enough, during Des's season, she was sure it would be Chris the whole time (while I was distracted by the spoilers). I will see if anything changes her mind in the coming weeks.

She also started singing "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" during the tractor scene, laugh out loud. She will be thrilled if Chris is Bachelor, because he came across as her perfect man last night (just too old for her....she is 18). Of course, we live in the country and the school she attended was in a town of 900, so what many see as a minus about Chris is very appealing to her.

Also amusing to me was her feelings about Andi's reaction to the possibility of attending all of the NFL games. She was like "She thinks that would be a bad thing?!" Yep - dd is also a sport's fan and finds it perfectly normal to spend time attending sporting, music, and other events for family members.

peachoc

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:25 pm

ironcat wrote:I didn't see the focus on Aaron and Andi's reaction to it as a red flag or the sign of a bigger problem in the future at all.  Josh had been gone for over a month while this HUGE thing had been going on in his very sports-focused family, and of course he was anxious to catch up on what was happening regarding Aaron's future.  Andi understood that but felt bad that it would take the focus away from Josh's experience, also a unique, possible "once in a lifetime" one, and felt protective of her man.  That's all.  As far as her convo with Mama Murray about cutting the cord, due to editing, we have no idea whether that was the first thing they discussed or it came up after several hours.

This is a very articulate and well done post ironcat. Nice  :yes: 
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Alanna wrote:ITA that if Andi doesn't get enough attention from her so, it'll be trouble in paradise but Josh seems to love to give that type of attention and now that the sibs are big kiddos off in the big world, I think he is ready to give it to a wife and his own munchkins. We'll see if there are any signs of distress in Andi post show, obviously this post and I assume he's f1, otherwise it's moot. In any case, I don't see any of the other men up for it, or even showing a passing knowledge of her real level of neediness.

I think that living with Andi would be exhausting!!  The one thing that we can agree on is this.  Nick, Chris and Marcus do seem to think that Andi is this very confident woman, because all three of them took their cues from their handlers and told Andi early on that they were either falling in love or were already in love with her.  Therefore, Andi did not have to agonize over whether or not those guys were "all in", and she could focus on making Josh finally say the same thing.

In my opinion, if she and Josh are together, then he will be doing the majority of the compromising.  Andi is very strong willed, and she has already said on last night's show that she expects that there will be fights between her and Josh - as his sister alluded to.  As I said, I don't think that she will be an easy person to live with.  And she is really starting to get on my nerves.  I will be so glad when this is over, and the rest of the F3 can move on with their lives.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Alanna wrote:ITA that if Andi doesn't get enough attention from her so, it'll be trouble in paradise but Josh seems to love to give that type of attention and now that the sibs are big kiddos off in the big world, I think he is ready to give it to a wife and his own munchkins. We'll see if there are any signs of distress in Andi post show, obviously this post and I assume he's f1, otherwise it's moot. In any case, I don't see any of the other men up for it, or even showing a passing knowledge of her real level of neediness.

I think that living with Andi would be exhausting!!  The one thing that we can agree on is this.  Nick, Chris and Marcus do seem to think that Andi is this very confident woman, because all three of them took their cues from their handlers and told Andi early on that they were either falling in love or were already in love with her.  Therefore, Andi did not have to agonize over whether or not those guys were "all in", and she could focus on making Josh finally say the same thing.

In my opinion, if she and Josh are together, then he will be doing the majority of the compromising.  Andi is very strong willed, and she has already said on last night's show that she expects that there will be fights between her and Josh - as his sister alluded to.  As I said, I don't think that she will be an easy person to live with.  And she is really starting to get on my nerves.  I will be so glad when this is over, and the rest of the F3 can move on with their lives.

There are actually 3 in the dynamics.
MeandI
Josh
Family.
Momma sent a very telling tweet. It was loving, but at the same time laid things out as they are(paraphrase): cord not going to be cut, join us.  
Family dynamics are not going to change because of MeandI being the 'ette or otherwise. They are a family unit and this is what works for them. They don't need to change. 
If MeandI and Josh are the final couple, regardless of what goes on in the family dynamics, there are bound to be fights. 
What will have to adapt is the relationship between Josh and MeandI in dealing with the family.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:52 pm

bilolo wrote:

This is a very articulate and well done post ironcat. Nice  :yes: 

I agree with you both! Smiley Most people are scratching their heads about the going to a NFL game on sundays! If you noticed when she was talking to Josh's dad, she told him she would not have a problem going. I think she just wants to make sure Josh is all about her and ready to start his new life. He made it clear last night that he is. I also noticed how they were talking about "this new life" for both of them. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:07 pm

They didn't show it, but of course they did. It was so clear that Andi and Lauren were talking about other things - you could hear the tail end of another topic - then the audio picked up the stuff about Aaron. Jmo.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Also they never showed andi talking to Nick's Mom. Never a good thing at the home towns. ;) I bet it is editing just like I am sure the Murrays spent way more time with andi!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by cantstopwatchin Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Last post from Thread #1

by Luvvy Today at 8:42 am

Nick is still on frontrunner status. Another Josh preview shows doubts and a HTD where we didn't even get to see them kiss goodbye or him give her those roses. Chris is gaining for bachelor votes. All is well with tptb.

I don't understand the big deal about the lack of seeing a goodbye - they never showed Ali and Roberto saying goodbye either.  The last thing we saw of them was them salsa dancing with his family.  I actually find that interesting, esp since I feel this season follows Ali's very closely.  Yes, Andi loved all the families but I really think it was game over as soon as Josh told her he was falling in love with her.  Like Ali, she just has to get over the 'is it too good to be true' overthinking of her head so she can follow her heart.  That was Ali's storyline for her season - is Roberto too good to be true and then it turned into would he reciprocate her feelings (after she let Chris go) and will he propose.  With Andi, it is the exact same thing with Josh.

And as far as Josh's FD, there was no way any of the other F3 guys was going to get that date - it reminds me of Brad giving Emily the elephant date, knowing how much she loves elephants.  This date was always going to Josh and I bet Andi will be excited to tell him about it bc I could totally see him in a coaching position somewhere...

The fact that Josh is still wearing the yellow ribbon on his wrist is more telling to me than Nick's video.  It reminds me (again) of Ali when she was caught wearing dog tags during an interview (since Roberto wore dog tags during the season for those who don't remember).  If Josh was being set up for The Bachelor gig, he wouldn't be wearing something that represented his time with Andi...

We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre. - Uta Hagen
cantstopwatchin
cantstopwatchin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:18 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Also they never showed andi talking to Nick's Mom.  Never a good thing at the home towns.  ;)  I bet it is editing just like I am sure the Murrays spent way more time with andi!  
I'll take the older sister's conversation because she was on point. And, we also heard Nick's little sister ask question about Andi and her feelings toward Nick. We didn't hear ANY of that type of conversation during Josh's HTD, and to me that key conversation for a HTD. I'm not sure who is F1, but not hearing those important conversation during HTD says a lot imo.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

+50
FLChica
soccermom
Tiggerlgh
ThankMeLater
luvlady345
Ash2214
rosesrREd
Jolena
jlccaz
Retiredswimmom
albean99