SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:20 pm

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Cecilia wrote:^I agree. Because he is generically handsome (IMO), nice, wealthy. Not my type per se but I think everyone will get on board with him as next Bachelor.  Like Sean - seemed boring on the 'ette but his season turned out well.

If he is half as entertaining as his family, it should be fun.

I have not found Chris boring at all and there is a reason the producer's have kept him hidden until the last couple of episodes.  I don't believe he is a backup to Marquel at all, I believe the producers had their eye on him from the day he walked through their door.

I think Chris has a clean image like Sean and that has been a successful TB, hence the edit. But, I listened to AfterBuzzTV last night and heard them talk about Chris and some arrest records when he was younger. They are taking it with a grain of salt but hopefully, this doesn't kill his bid for TB. I like him, I think he would be like Sean will keep it clean.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by pander3575 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 pm

FLChica wrote:
nutty1 wrote:My heart goes out to Josh and his family for having to endure both parents having cancer. I lost my dad to it when I was 17. My son's girlfriend lost her both patents to it within 2 years and she is only 24.
Josh isn't my favorite contestant (I have nothing against him), but it's an awful thing to go through. Both of them surviving it and apparently doing well has probably brought them closer as a family and also more faithful.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost my dad to cancer when I was 20.  I put my out of state college plans on hold for 2 years to assist with his care until he passed.  My mother battled cancer for over ten years before losing her battle, during which time I cared for her as well.  I'm no stranger to what is required when a parent is ill and considered it my privilege to care for my parents.

By all accounts, the Murrays are a close-knit family and the illnesses probably contributed to that closeness.  I can certainly relate to the anguish they experienced. 

Oftentimes an opinion "grows legs" so to speak and becomes fact. I simply provided factual information in response to a post that contained a phrase that was tongue-in-cheek.
So sorry for your loses also.

I appreciated the facts you posted because I knew both parents had illnesses but not the timeframes.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:43 am

nutty1 wrote:Back to HTD's. Do you think after they filmed Chris's HTD, that's when they decided he'd be a good Bachelor? Maybe they saw how impressed Andi was with his life, and especially saw how awesome his family was.

We had thunderstorms come through here Monday evening during Chris' date, so my DVR cut out. I only saw Chris' date beginning with Andi and Chris having the "homemaker" conversation and plane with banner. Was the beginning of their date important? Did I miss anything crucial? I know they showed Chris' home, which some have said is very large and very nice.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:08 am

She just seemed pleasantly surprised and impressed that he had a very nice home (not mansion, but very nice). She drove his tractor….don't know if you saw that par. She sat on his lap while driving.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:46 pm

He lives alone in his own house where his backyard is acres and acres of land that impressed Andi since she is used to guys with apartments or condos. Andi thought he was looking hot in his vest and sexy driving his tractor. When she asked if she could sit on his lap to drive the tractor he said soemthing like that is one request I would never turn down, I swear to God.ha ha ha During the picnic in the field a plane flew over with the banner Chris loves Andi and she said it was the most romantic and sweetest gester and melted her heart. His sisters told Andi how proud of how successful he is and she said she could see them as her sisters. They also teased that Chris went Commando on weekends when little and only wore underwear to school. His mom was great and told Andi she could do whatever she wanted have a career, have a family and that farm life was great and it only takes gumption and she could tell she had gumption. His mom said Andi would have beautiful babies and she would babysit anytime. Then all they played hide and seek and Andi found Chris they started kissing till everyone else found them when she was leaving he told her she was the missing puzzle piece in his life. Andi also said that she could see herself in his life and as part of his family. I loved his hometown date and thought it was by far the best of all four. If she sends him home on fantasy date it is her loss big time but if so we may gain by seeing him be next bachelor and find someone who is really ga ga for him!!!!

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Luvstruck wrote:He lives alone in his own house where his backyard is acres and acres of land that impressed Andi since she is used to guys with apartments or condos. Andi thought he was looking hot in his vest and sexy driving his tractor. When she asked if she could sit on his lap to drive the tractor he said soemthing like that is one request I would never turn down, I swear to God.ha ha ha During the picnic in the field a plane flew over with the banner Chris loves Andi and she said it was the most romantic and sweetest gester and melted her heart. His sisters told Andi how proud of how successful he is and she said she could see them as her sisters. They also teased that Chris went Commando on weekends when little and only wore underwear to school. His mom was great and told Andi she could do whatever she wanted have a career, have a family and that farm life was great and it only takes gumption and she could tell she had gumption. His mom said Andi would have beautiful babies and she would babysit anytime. Then all they played hide and seek and Andi found Chris they started kissing till everyone else found them when she was leaving he told her she was the missing puzzle piece in his life. Andi also said that she could see herself in his life and as part of his family. I loved his hometown date and thought it was by far the best of all four.  If she sends him home on fantasy date it is her loss big time but if so we may gain by seeing him be next bachelor and find someone who is really ga ga for him!!!!

Thanks for the recap. The Deleted Scene at abc should Chris and Andi planted a rose bush together. I thought that was sweet.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:48 pm

emusha wrote:
Alanna wrote:
ironcat wrote:I have been loathe to make this comparison, because I never could stand Ed, but I keep thinking back to Jillian's season, where she discovered this surprising connection with Reid, who was so not her type, and they really didn't have that much in common in the real world, vs Ed, who was (to her, certainly not to me) completely her type, physically, personality-wise, and family background-wise.  Of course, we know it didn't work out, but not because they weren't compatible, but because Ed was not, at that time, ready to settle down in a committed relationship, let alone get married.  Clearly, Ed is no Josh, but just like Jillian couldn't NOT choose Ed, I think Andi couldn't NOT choose her ideal man, Josh.  Hopefully, the couple will have a better outcome.

It's funny to think about this because I was a die hard Reid fan and was really rooting for Jill to pick him (no spoilers back then to jump on as to the final outcome), suspected Ed was shady and would break her heart (true) but in retrospect, the ending was not a surprise.  Since I don't see Josh as a shady character like Ed, I have no problem with Andi picking him, and don't feel that the relationship is undoubtedly doomed   the way I felt about Jill/Ed.  And I like Nick (not as much as Reid, but I suspect in the real world, he is a very cool and good guy with a lot to offer), but I just think that, despite their seeming connection/chemistry, their lives don't really line up in the real world as well as the editing is leading us to believe, just like with Jill and Reid.
I see Reid and Jill as exactly like Nick and Andi. Exactly! Even the scene where Ed is creepily like "I'm going to attack that woman today" or whatever versus Reid who was all Honey Bear and Jilly Bean with her, echoes back a little to this season that Nick is the better communicator, better temper, whatever, than Josh. This season is ALL kinds of Jill and Ali (thank to Josh/Roberto being really similar imo) to me.

This is a fun parallel...I'm seeing parallels with a lot of our bettes including JP-Ash & Aliberto...
I'd be curious to learn who Jill ended up with and what he's like - I'd not be surprised AT ALL if he brings to her a combination of Reid's emotional/mental connection and Ed's big guy physical attraction....and hence my previous point with both Ali & Jill - neither F2 were their "One" cos they needed all of these attributes or they needed to grow more and learn about themselves (esp in Ali's case).
Have to say - IMO Nick is way more mature, aware and focused, decisive, fearless and emotionally available than Reid who was definitely more neurotic, very very indecisive and not fearless....And Josh is a lot more thoughtful, caring, dedicated/emotionally available, and less "intellectual" than Ed... there's a chance Andi is less secure/self aware than Jill. And to be honest I don't know if at this time in her life Andi can give Nick what he needs. I do think Josh is at a time in his life where he needs to branch into his own and he hasn't even dated for 5 years...he's wanting to escape and build his own.

hey yall sorry to quote myself but got an answer about jill and wanted to share cos it's somewhat related to the previous discussions in this thread

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/2013-07-18-jillian-harris-how-i-know

First up? His imperfections are what makes him perfect. "I think that Justin is one of the most perfect people on earth," Jillian tells PopSugar. "But we don't always get along. There are some times, like what did he say the other day...'my heart will always love you but my brain just wants to strangle you right now.' We were just laughing so hard."

Sigh, even their arguments are cute!
Jillian also explains that she and Justin don't "force" their relationship — unlike the days of yore when she was dating Bachelorette winner Ed Swiderski. "He [Ed] didn't have the same values as I did, he wasn't patient, he wasn't sweet, there was nothing about him that was great for me, but because everyone was rooting for him and I was in love with him at the time I tried to force that to make that work," she admits.
But the main reason Jillian's so sure that she belongs with Justin? He knows her even better than she knows herself!
This gal recently fell down the stairs, and Justin suggested she distract herself from the pain by wiggling her toes. "I'm like, wiggle my toes? And he's like, 'yeah, when you are nervous or uncomfortable you wiggle your toes, you rub your feet together.' And I was like, 'oh yeah, this feels good.' I loved that he knew something about me that I didn't even know."
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 pm

That is so sweet. I am so happy that Jillian is in such a great relationship.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Posted on facebook

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 16 10509677_10153034534222846_2336378214621817601_n
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

+50
FLChica
soccermom
Tiggerlgh
ThankMeLater
luvlady345
Ash2214
rosesrREd
Jolena
jlccaz
Retiredswimmom
albean99