SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

The only thing I cannot relate to is the extreme sports connection. Not saying it's bad but it's not me. I feel they are very competitive and sometimes wonder if this more about Josh "winning" the girl. (For the family, not Josh).

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I don't see how anyone has tried to make Josh out as a saint or what have you. Many people, including many posters here, have essentially said it was weird that Josh hadn't dated in five years or that he followed his younger siblings to the same college among other things. Just like those particular posters have the right to post their opinions, other posters have just responded by stating both of his parents had cancer and he's older by six and eight years than his two siblings. Obviously it's apparent he decided he wanted to take a strong role in their lives and be there for them in many different aspects. It has nothing to do with his baseball career (which some people really keep going back to, thanks to the edit) but it's more so just being a good guy. I think any person, like some have stated, who had two parents go through cancer would do. It's obviously brought them extremely close as a family and something I admire and can connect with because my family is similar.  

That was done and it was done very early on before the show had started airing. Since then those supporters have switched ships I guess you could say.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Back to HTD's. Do you think after they filmed Chris's HTD, that's when they decided he'd be a good Bachelor? Maybe they saw how impressed Andi was with his life, and especially saw how awesome his family was.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:07 pm

nutty1 wrote:Back to HTD's. Do you think after they filmed Chris's HTD, that's when they decided he'd be a good Bachelor? Maybe they saw how impressed Andi was with his life, and especially saw how awesome his family was.

No I think they decided he would be a good Bachelor when they interviewed him to be on the show.
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:08 pm

nutty1 wrote:Back to HTD's. Do you think after they filmed Chris's HTD, that's when they decided he'd be a good Bachelor? Maybe they saw how impressed Andi was with his life, and especially saw how awesome his family was.
Good question and makes sense. A bachelor they've never had before.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:09 pm

It had to be, since they barely included him in the season up to that point.  giggling 

Maybe they think every woman will have the same reaction as Andi that he owns a house?

I like Chris and will be happy with him as the bachelor. I do think they wanted Josh to be their bachelor, but if MeAndI picks him they needed a good backup plan. Since they let MeAndI let Marquel go too soon, Chris is a good backup plan.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:09 pm

^I agree. Because he is generically handsome (IMO), nice, wealthy. Not my type per se but I think everyone will get on board with him as next Bachelor. Like Sean - seemed boring on the 'ette but his season turned out well.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Cecilia wrote:^I agree. Because he is generically handsome (IMO), nice, wealthy. Not my type per se but I think everyone will get on board with him as next Bachelor.  Like Sean - seemed boring on the 'ette but his season turned out well.

If he is half as entertaining as his family, it should be fun.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Cecilia wrote:^I agree. Because he is generically handsome (IMO), nice, wealthy. Not my type per se but I think everyone will get on board with him as next Bachelor.  Like Sean - seemed boring on the 'ette but his season turned out well.

I have not found Chris boring at all and there is a reason the producer's have kept him hidden until the last couple of episodes. I don't believe he is a backup to Marquel at all, I believe the producers had their eye on him from the day he walked through their door.
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I have not found Chris boring at all and there is a reason the producer's have kept him hidden until the last couple of episodes.  I don't believe he is a backup to Marquel at all, I believe the producers had their eye on him from the day he walked through their door.

it's just my opinion. I think he will totally be the next Bachelor and tons of people will love it. He's not my type, but the Bachelor's they choose never are.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

nutty1 wrote:My heart goes out to Josh and his family for having to endure both parents having cancer. I lost my dad to it when I was 17. My son's girlfriend lost her both patents to it within 2 years and she is only 24.
Josh isn't my favorite contestant (I have nothing against him), but it's an awful thing to go through. Both of them surviving it and apparently doing well has probably brought them closer as a family and also more faithful.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost my dad to cancer when I was 20.  I put my out of state college plans on hold for 2 years to assist with his care until he passed.  My mother battled cancer for over ten years before losing her battle, during which time I cared for her as well.  I'm no stranger to what is required when a parent is ill and considered it my privilege to care for my parents.

By all accounts, the Murrays are a close-knit family and the illnesses probably contributed to that closeness.  I can certainly relate to the anguish they experienced. 

Oftentimes an opinion "grows legs" so to speak and becomes fact. I simply provided factual information in response to a post that contained a phrase that was tongue-in-cheek.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

That is awful to hear about Josh's parents. Really happy that both appear to be in remission.

I definitely relate to what Josh and his family had to go through. When I was in university my mom had cancer, and even though I wanted to be out and about enjoying campus life, I felt a resposibility to my family to dedicate my free time to them and my younger brother.

It shows a lot of maturity on his part as well as loyalty and dedication to his family, which should be admired.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 8 - HTDs - Jul 07/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion Thread #2

+50
FLChica
soccermom
Tiggerlgh
ThankMeLater
luvlady345
Ash2214
rosesrREd
Jolena
jlccaz
Retiredswimmom
albean99